Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kim So Hyun 김소현 (Child Actress)

yellowumbrellayellowumbrella Melodrama SuckerManila x Seoul-heartedPosts: 1,491Member

SUPERSTAR

edited March 31 in actors & actresses
THE OFFICIAL
KIM SO HYUN THREAD

BIO

Name: Kim So-Hyun

Hangul: 김소현

Born: June 4, 1999

Birthplace: South Korea

Height:  5'4(164)

Blood Type:

MOVIES

I am the King | Wangyirosoyida (2012) - Sol-Bi

Spy Papa | Seupayi Papa (2011) - Soon-Bok

Sin of a Family | Woori Yiwootwei Bumjoe (2011) - Jung Myung-Hee

Man of Vendetta | Pagwidwon Sanai (2010) - Joo Hye-Rin

TV DRAMAS

I Miss You | Bogosipda (MBC / 2012-2013) - Lee Soo-Yeon (young)

Ma Boy | Maboyi (Tooniverse / 2012) - Jang Geu-Rim

Love Again | Lubeu Ugein (jTBC / 2012) - Jung Yoo-Ri (Ji-Hyun's daughter)

Rooftop Prince | Oktab Bang Wangseja (SBS / 2012) - Hong Se-Na / Crown Princess Hwa-Yong (child)

The Moon Embracing The Sun | Haereul Poomeun Dal (MBC / 2012) - Yoon Bo-Kyung (teen)

Padam Padam... The Sound of His and Her Heartbeats | Bbadam Bbadam .. Keuwa Keunyeoui Shimjangbakdongsori (jTBC / 2011-2012) - Jung Ji-Na (teen)

The Thorn Birds | Gashinamoo Sae (KBS2 / 2011) - Seo Jung-Eun (young)

The Duo | Jjakpae (MBC / 2011) - Geum-Ok (young)

Bread, Love and Dreams | Jeppangwang Kim Tak Goo (KBS2 / 2010) - Koo Ja-Rim (young)

Korean Ghost Stories | Jeolseolui Gohyang (KBS2 / 2008) - Yeon-Hwa (Ep.2 "Baby, Let's Go to Cheong Mountain")

Que Sera Sera (2007) - Han Eun-Soo (young)

AWARDS

2012 K-Drama Star Awards: Best Child Actress (Missing You, Ma Boy)
2012 MBC Drama Awards: Best Child Actress (Moon Embracing the Sun, Missing You).

Yoon Eun HyeKim So Hyeon(child)-Jo In Sung-Song Hye Kyo-Kim Woo Bin-Yeo Jin Goo-Go Ah Ra-Ji Hyun -Kim Soo Hyun

Current Addiction :  You Who Came From the Stars   Faves:  MY, TWTWB, Reply 1997, 1994,Man From the Stars

Lyrayooanh duyen hoangnguyenkeketmariachristela

Replies

• yellowumbrellayellowumbrella Melodrama Sucker Manila x Seoul-heartedPosts: 1,491Member

SUPERSTAR

edited December 2012

Yoon Eun HyeKim So Hyeon(child)-Jo In Sung-Song Hye Kyo-Kim Woo Bin-Yeo Jin Goo-Go Ah Ra-Ji Hyun -Kim Soo Hyun

Current Addiction :  You Who Came From the Stars   Faves:  MY, TWTWB, Reply 1997, 1994,Man From the Stars

• yellowumbrellayellowumbrella Melodrama Sucker Manila x Seoul-heartedPosts: 1,491Member

SUPERSTAR

Please follow Kim So Hyun's Fan twitter account!!!
    @KSH_phil for news, stuffs, interviews!!

thanks

SUPERSTAR

First kisses and crushes: Kim So-hyun in I Miss You

by javabeans | December 2, 2012 |

Child actress Kim So-hyun has been building up her resumé awfully quickly, given that she’s only 13 years old and already has 15 credits on her filmography. Granted, she debuted at three and has mostly played small parts (her credits include The Duo, Baker King Kim Tak-gu, Birth of the Rich and Thorn Birds), but she really gained notice this year with The Moon That Embraces the Sun where she played the “dark moon” who thwarted our main couple’s love. Most of that drama’s attention went to its boys — Yeo Jin-gu, Lee Min-ho, Im Shi-wan, Kim Soo-hyun — but it’s nice to see that she’s coming into her own.

Since Moon/Sun, she’s landed a leading role (the adorable short tween drama Ma Boy) and amped up the acting a notch on the intensity scale with her most recent project, as the victimized Soo-yeon in MBC’s new tearjerker I Miss You. Her previous roles were cute, but I think it wasn’t till I Miss You that I saw flashes of something more promising in her performance, which was much more layered and thoughtful than her other characters. (Granted, she’s played her share of one-dimensional villains, and the writing could very well have been to blame.)

In any case, with this role comes a fresh wave of praise, and she said, “I do read a lot of the articles [about my acting]. These days they’re all complimentary, which makes me feel good. Shooting was difficult, but I feel good about putting in the effort and having it come out well. I frequent Twitter and I can feel the viewers’ responses directly. I’m very happy these days at the response, which is so positive that it makes me wonder, ‘Did I really do that good a job?’”

The I Miss You character of Soo-yeon is quite different from your previous character of Bo-kyung in The Moon That Embraces the Sun.

“In the other drama, I played a character who didn’t hesitate to do all sorts of bad deeds in order to win [YeoJin-gu oppa’s love. It’s difficult playing a bad character, but it was also fun. And a bit sad as well. But this time, Jin-gu oppa plays my first love. After first longing for love, to be on the receiving end felt really confusing. And on the set, Jin-gu oppa takes really good care of me.”

Do you have a boyfriend? How did you portray a fresh young romance between 15-year-olds?

“I don’t have a boyfriend. [Laughs] The Soo-yeon character seems dark and timid, but on the inside she overcomes hardship with a strong will. After meeting Jung-woo [Yeo Jin-gu] her brighter, innocent side comes out and I found it difficult to express those emotions in a detailed way. We began filming before I could prepare much, and moreover it was hard acting in a conventional melodrama. But Jin-gu oppa is so good and he was able to lead me capably. I would get caught up in oppa’s acting and feel that flutter of excitement myself, and I think the melo parts came out well.”

You worked with Yeo Jin-gu in both dramas [I Miss You, Moon/Sun].

“Since I met Jin-gu oppa when I was even younger and acted with him, it’s really comfortable. He likes to play around and joke a lot — in particular, he says how good-looking he is a lot. You could say he overflows with unwarranted confidence. Thanks to him and his playfulness, the filming atmosphere is really good. Although I joke back and forth with him in real life, though, when we begin acting I tell myself, ‘I really like oppa for real’ like I’m hypnotizing myself.”

From a story standpoint, in both Moon/Sun and this time, your love with Yeo Jin-gu wasn’t able to be realized.

“I know, right? This time I thought it really would happen… I talked it over a lot with Jin-gu oppa on set, like how there’s something about us that doesn’t work. But the staff would say how it felt like we were lovers in a past life whose love didn’t work out, meeting again here.”

How does it feel to be referred to as a top-rate child actor?

“That term does feel burdensome, but also makes me feel good. It still feels sudden and confusing. I filmed I Miss You thinking I really had to do a good job after Moon/Sun. I didn’t want to disappoint those viewers who saw me favorably, and I want to keep working hard at it.”

There have been a lot of people saying you look like Sohn Ye-jin and Yoon Eun-hye.

“It’s an honor, I really like Sohn Ye-jin and Yoon Eun-hye sunbaes. Yoon Eun-hye sunbae-nim came to the set to cheer me on and encouraged me to do a good job. I respect Sohn Ye-jin sunbae a lot and would love to become like her.”

There was a notable scene in the drama with you and Yeo Jin-gu’s “bus kiss.”

“Before shooting the bus kiss scene, we both brushed our teeth really thoroughly. While filming there were only the actors and crew present, but because the bus was so narrow it was difficult for the camera to catch the angle so we had to film it several times. It was really embarrassing, both in rehearsal and when doing it for real. Even oppa was embarrassed. It was the first kiss scene for both of us. The director even played a joke, saying that we had to do it again because oppa puckered up his lips. Oppa told me not to be bothered later that my first kiss was in a drama, that there are a lot of things like that in acting.”

Who do you like better between Moon/Sun’s Kim Soo-hyun and I Miss You’s Park Yoochun?

“Both Jin-gu oppa and the director said so, that when I’m with Yoochun oppa my gaze changes. From the very first time meeting him, Yoochun oppa approached me first and looked after me in a friendly way. He’s very easy-going, and treats me really comfortably. We have the same birthday [June 4] too… For the first time, I found someone who became an ‘ideal type.’ And that hasn’t changed yet. [Laughs]”

From here on out, what kind of actor would you like to become?

“I want to be the kind of actor who can cross genres. The kind of actor who might sometimes hit upon your limits and take on challenges. On top of that, I want to be the kind of actor people don’t tire of, who stays with people. I wouldn’t refuse any genre if it were asked of me, but I do want to do a romantic comedy with a reverse appeal [as in, you like them despite unlikable traits, or are drawn to them in an unexpected way]. I want to work even harder and become better. Also, aside from acting I have a lot of interest in writing so I’d also like to try my hand with literary pursuits too.”

anh duyen hoangnguyenCharmaineH

SUPERSTAR

Hi. Ni - Legend of Tears newest digital single featuring Kim So Hyun!!!!

dilawidj
  • padharipadhari Posts: 2,489Member

SUPERSTAR

edited December 2012
    She is a very good upcoming young actresses. I loved her in Ma Boy.  I miss you was kinda too melo for such young actresses, that too the r@#* scene, was kinda horror.  But she did well.  Hope she gets good characters in her future projects unlike the TMTETS and RTP.  fighting!!!!!
    Thanks for opening a new thread on her.
    yellowumbrella

SUPERSTAR

@padhari  Hello!!! thanks for commenting in this thread! I was browsing a thread of her but I dont see one! Im a big fan of her since in Ma Boy days! hahahaha. Spread the word!!!!

Yes she is promising!!!

padhari
  • elizhkaelizhka Posts: 239Member
    she's so pretty!

CREDIT:DCbogo
       KIM SHIN  imageNa Mi Rae
    yellowumbrella
  • OzOz Posts: 334Member
    edited December 2012

thanks for starting the thread ^_^

p.s
    according to dramawiki her Height: 164cm
    yellowumbrella
  • LyrayooLyrayoo fan gal digger Posts: 2,237Moderator

thanks for starting this thread dear! I really love her since moonsun days. there is something about her that captivated my interest. :) 
    imageimage
    yellowumbrelladilawidjreadlead

SUPERSTAR

elizhka said:
    she's so pretty!

CREDIT:DCbogo
    She's so pretty!!!!! She's only 13 but but but she's very beautiful. Wait till she reaches puberty haha

anh duyen hoangnguyen
    edited December 2012
    [Video] Kim So Hyun and Baek Seung Hwan Play Out Love Story in Hi.ni Teaser
    Rookie artist Hi.ni released the first music video teaser for her second digital single on November 30, featuring Kim So Hyun of I Miss You and Baek Seung Hwan. 

The music video for Legend of Tears features a very quiet and dreamlike melody with feathers floating around as Kim So Hyun walks around searching for Baek Seung Hwan, who sinks into the water. 

Teaser photos were also released, showing the two young actors working with each other. Kim So Hyun and Baek Seung Hwan, who are one year apart in age, were awkward at first, but as soon as the camera started rolling, they became well engrossed in their roles.

In order to film the water scene, Baek Seung Hwan had to sink into an eight-meter pool for many hours in the cold weather, receiving much praise from the staff. 

Kim So Hyun shot to fame in The Sun and the Moon and I Miss You, while Baek Seung Hwan is most known for his role in the movie The Silenced

Hi.ni will be releasing her second single on December 3. 

yellowumbrellarobbo4dilawidj
    edited December 2012
    Child actor Kim So Hyun looks fabulous in various school uniforms
    August 03, 2012 2:00 am cloud2c2h

Child actor Kim So Hyun is currently in the limelight with her school-uniform fashion.On August 2, Kim tweeted some photos of her adorable self, wearing three different uniforms, with the caption “I love school uniforms. Which is your favorite?”In the photos, the child actor shows off her pure, innocent charm while wearing various school uniforms.Netizens responded: “Hope you stay beautiful when you grow up.” “How can her body proportions be so perfect even when she’s wearing sneakers.” “She seems to know how to look fashionable wearing school uniforms.”The former The Moon That Embraces The Sun star is currently appearing in MBC’s Mu Family (Malfunctioning Family).
    yellowumbrellareadlead

SUPERSTAR

edited December 2012
    This kid is really fabulous. I cant wait for her to grow up. i really admire hhhheeerrrr.
    besides eunhye, im going to be lesboosss for this girl. Daebak!!

anh duyen hoangnguyen

SUPERSTAR

Has anyone seen Man of vendetta? her role there reminds me of Lee Soo yeon!!! remember the rapist in Bogoshipda?? If I'm not mistaken, he is also her abductor in Man of Vendetta!

• vzmeiinvzmeiin JYJ CaffeinePosts: 3,909Member

LEGEND

edited December 2012
    celebration pics :x
    PicsArt_1354266400191_zpsf1f8ebe9.jpg

most emotional scene in i miss you
    Spoiler:

PicsArt_1353955365642_zpsa1a4c901.jpg
    imageimage
    The fact that this world is such inconsistent… The fact that more than anyone else, she smiles and cries, she doesn’t surrender to the result,
    That “She” who is strong inside is the winner . . You will never know.. the thing that people who underwent it all know.. KimJaeJoong
    yellowumbrellaanh duyen hoangnguyen

LEGEND

edited December 2012
    her capture is fr rooftop prince blended w i miss u casts
    62_zps9db8b3d5.jpg

with han ji min from rooftop prince
    mh86Bn12_zpsc4843c63.jpg

and JYJ Park Yoo Chun her ideal
    20120525_Rooftopprince_sohyunyoochun_zps466fc458.jpg
    imageimage
    The fact that this world is such inconsistent… The fact that more than anyone else, she smiles and cries, she doesn’t surrender to the result,
    That “She” who is strong inside is the winner . . You will never know.. the thing that people who underwent it all know.. KimJaeJoong
    anh duyen hoangnguyenyellowumbrella

LEGEND

edited December 2012
    w JYJ Park Yoochun for i miss you
    Spoiler:

w JUNG WOO from i miss you
    Spoiler:

2165167_500_zpsb618566c.jpg

i-miss-you-OST_zps33a7ac17.jpg
    imageimage

LEGEND

edited December 2012
    Spoiler:
    interview after wrapping her part in i miss you
    75595766_zps99e90ec6.jpg
    imageimage
    yellowumbrella

SUPERSTAR

edited December 2012
    https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=444542378941793

Cute Kim So hyun with Baek Saeng Hwan! :D

SUPERSTAR

Kim So Hyun Radiates Beauty Even Without Makeup 
    On December 1 on her Twitter, child actress Kim So Hyun uploaded two photos along with a message, “I was invited to a great place where I met great people.”

In the pictures is Kim So Hyun without any makeup. She has a simple black headband on and her hair is braided to one side. With her flawless skin and huge eyes, Kim So Hyun’s pictures are receiving a lot of attention.

Netizens who saw these pictures replied, “Kim So Hyun looks youthful and innocent,” “Hope you won’t change when you grow up,” “So pretty,” “She seems to be getting prettier and prettier,” “She is going to grow up to be a great beauty.”

Meanwhile Kim So Hyun appeared in earlier episodes of MBC’s drama “I Miss You” and was praised for her acting skill.

(c) soompi

anh duyen hoangnguyen