Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Drama 2012] Five Fingers (다섯손가락)

Replies

• sweetlolavikisweetlolaviki Posts: 13Member
    edited September 2012
    @ weetziebat ,Tarits , Hannahmiriam and blueagave : to thank you all for your invaluable support
  • CherKellCherKell PERSIMMO-YUMMIES!!! Posts: 2,181Member

LEGEND

edited September 2012
    Tarits said:
    For cherKell:
    Aw, my unni @Tarits takes such good care of me!!  Gomawo!! :x  I think it's so cute that Se-yeon calls both 'oppa' and looks very comfortable with them, but Our Boys are still kinda not-quite-there comfortable with her.  It's got to be the age difference -- 11 years from Ji-hoonie and 6 years from Chang-wookie. (Isn't she still in high school?)  Sadly, I'm not feeling the vibe between her and Ji-hoon yet at all -- hopefully that will change now that they know each other's secrets!! ;))

And I'm also sad to have to report this news, but everything continues to hit the proverbial fan with this show.  I read somewhere that several other famous K-dramas were hit by a plagiarism threat when they had started airing as well ("Secret Garden" "Baker King Kim Tak Goo" "City Hall" "Best Love"), so this will probably go away on its own.  As the First Tenet of Copyright Law states that "one cannot copyright an idea," unless this person can prove that their work was lifted line-for-line, they don't have a leg to sue with.  But let's send some good thoughts to the 5F Cast and Crew because they could really use our help right now, arraso?  'Five Fingers' Sends Letter to SBS President by "Plagiarised" Author

Let's have some happy thoughts too, so here's some Housekeeping Notes:

Chuseok (Korean Thanksgiving) falls on Sunday, 30 September this year; the Saturday before and the Monday after are also part of the holiday as well.  We may or may not be seeing 5F shows that weekend, depending on whether or not SBS decides to pre-empt them for special Holiday Programming.  The Big Three Networks usually wait until the last freakin' moment to say anything, so sit tight and we'll announce what we know when we know it. :)

No news on any OST offerings yet.  There's only been incidental music aired to date, and the production is not going to release anything classical, so we'll just have to wait until some sort of dreamy ballad gets played underneath one of Our Boys' love lines.

Also, I've added two new cast members to the front page:  The guy playing Secretary Oh in helping Yeong-rang with her evilicious deeds is Lee Seung Hyeong (이승형) (or as I call him, "That Guy!").  Dang, he's in everything as a bit player; I think this is the first time I've seen him in a more prominent role.  And the woman playing Do-ri (Da-mi's co-worker from the restaurant) is Han Su Jin (한수진), who also had a bit part in MBC's "Hero" (2009) where she starred alongside... wait for it... Ji Chang Wook.  It's a conspiracy, I tells ya!! :D

@Weetziebat, a very belated kamsahamnida for those awesome edited GIFs from last week. 
    ^:)^ I'm still laughing my 궁둥이 off every time I look at them... the 'socks' one especially got me squealing!!  I just wish there was a better application for the Mac so I can join in on all the fun one day.

Okay, enough blabbering.  Back to more recapping... or more staring at this.  Sigh. 
    :-h

tessieroo
  • f927f927 Posts: 1,778Member

IDOL

edited September 2012
    Credit hancinema
    http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-five-fingers-don-t-you-get-angry-with-me-joo-ji-hoon-and-jin-se-yeon--47560.html#yzTuRWe0yPZxekJb.99

"Five Fingers", "Don't you get angry with me" Joo Ji-hoon and Jin Se-yeon

Yoo Ji-ho (Joo Ji-hoon) was comforted by Hong Da-mi (Jin Se-yeon).

On the episode of the SBS TV drama "Five Fingers", Yoo In-ha (Ji Chang-wook) suspected Yoo JI-ho for messing up his piano tuning. Chae Yeong-rang (Chae Si-ra) even cornered him in front of people saying he did this on purpose. Yoo Ji-ho couldn't help but be chased out of the performance.

Hong Da-mi saw everything and looked for him worriedly. She found him asleep in his practice room and she teared up saying, "Why do you make people worry for you so much". Yoo Ji-ho was confused and said ignorantly, "No one told you to worry" but he felt comforted by Hong Da-mi who was crying for him.

Hong Da-mi said, "I don't know why I am worried about you but I am. You have been misunderstood by all those people..." She showed that she trusted him although others pointed their fingers at him. Yoo Ji-ho said, "Don't you get mad at me too". This was his way of expressing his gratitude to her.

The two found a comic book store and spent a happy time there for Yoo Ji-ho who said he wanted to smile. He held onto her for a while longer just for the sake of spending more time with her although he didn't feel that much interest in the comic books.

Meanwhile, Yoo Ji-ho discovered that Hong Da-mi was the little girl he taught the piano to back then.

Credit highcut magazine and dcju

Jiho :x
    5B252CAD-2BFF-463B-87C1-65E606C7F656-22372-000015E714413E95.jpg
    3CB2D5FB-7AB4-41EB-BEE8-683675556FCB-22372-000015E7162A9AC5.jpg
    523C9D57-DD85-4330-9D26-5BDCFF5E5ABD-22372-000015E711C05A9E.jpg

Edit:
    The making, Episode 10 credit runningmoon

eilasa
  • chigengchulchigengchul Posts: 1New Member
    WHY this drama get low rating? Just Because Eunjung?

Im really sad of JJH because this drama very important for him , he comeback drama after 5 years ago :(

JJH FIGHTING <3
  • HannahmiriamHannahmiriam FrancePosts: 666Member

SUPERSTAR

@chigengchul Well, we can say it is because of Eunjung, or the plagiarism controversy. Maybe it's also JJH's scandal before enlisting. I never found out the end of that story, and it seemed to me that they covered it with his enlistment. Maybe some of his old fans were so disappointed that they left him. These are the most obvious reasons, but I don't think these are the only ones. 

I don't know why when I watch this drama everything seems dark and it gives me a "dark mood". If we think about it, who wants that king of mood after getting home and trying to relax at the end of the day? I don't. And it's a week-end drama. Week-end dramas with highest ratings are family dramas, so this "vengeful" plot might not be the best for a week-end drama.

Or maybe is that hideous piano's fault. :D
    I'm back!
    Of course I've kept my bad old habits, but I still condone yours. :D
  • blueagaveblueagave Posts: 183Member, New Member

IDOL

edited September 2012
    Regarding ratings, sometimes there isn't any clear reason why some dramas get high ratings and others don't. Although some like to claim that high ratings equal quality, this is clearly not the case. Just look at Boys Over Flowers and Moon That Embraces the Sun. Although both dramas received very high ratings, even fans of these dramas regularly complained about their many shortcomings.

I wasn't around when BOF aired, but I was during Moon/Sun's airings and it was fascinating to watch its ratings inexplicable rise, even though week after week, many viewers complained that the drama had lost it way after the first 5-6 episodes. As for BOF, after I watched it I was stunned to find out how popular it had been during its airing. BOF dragged so much that by the time it ended, I was relieved.

Although I enjoyed watching most of BOF, it didn't have any staying power for me, so I've never been interested in re-watching it. I feel the same way about Moon/Sun, despite the fact that one of my favorite actors, Jung Il Woo, is in it. So, no, neither of these ratings hits could be considered quality drama, they just got the attention of much of the public during their airings.

It's been interesting to see the continuing comparisons between Moon/Sun and The Princess' Man. Although TPM is the better drama, its ratings were only half of those of the less impressive Moon/Sun, which aired shortly after TPM ended. That's been a source of frustration for some because they have trouble accepting that ratings are not always about the quality of a drama. Although I'll admit that there could be some truth to the theory that TPM was so interesting that it left viewers open to the next similar drama. Therefore, Moon/Sun could have benefited from TPM peaking the public's interest. 

I also find it interesting that ratings aren't the most accurate way to predict long-term, wide-spread interest. For instance, if you look at the continued high interest in You're Beautiful, you would think this drama must have received huge ratings when it aired. After all, it aired at the end of 2009, yet it still ranks high on many k-drama sites. However, the highest rating for that drama was only 11.9 (nationwide)/12.2 (Seoul). Its average weekly ratings were in the 9 to 10 range. In fact, Jang Geun Suk's dramas are known for getting low ratings in Korea. His last two had average ratings of only 4-6 and 5-6.

In contrast, some of the recent dramas that had huge TV ratings seem to not have high online interest. I continue to be surprised when I find out about the high viewer ratings of some of the dramas that never had much online buzz. For instance, there's a weekend drama that's getting huge ratings that I never hear much about outside of the fact that it gets huge ratings.

I remember when I first heard about You're Beautiful's low ratings, I didn't understand how that could be considered a successful project until I found out that success isn't just based on the South Korean market.

As for Five Fingers, as long as the actors continue to impress me and the writer and PD don't lose their minds and pull a disappointing Moon/Sun-type storyline turn on me, I'm in here until the end.

tessierooIjj
  • apache934apache934 Posts: 371Member

IDOL

edited September 2012
    WHY this drama get low rating? Just Because Eunjung?

Im really sad of JJH because this drama very important for him , he comeback drama after 5 years ago :(

JJH FIGHTING <3

May be we have ro wait some more episodes , 10 episodes ...everything's so so ...  male main leader's  so weak ...and slow ... boring ...looks like tired

hopefully ...it'll better from next couple weeks

IDOL

edited September 2012
    Lol, I wonder why we're now looking for someone to blame for the ratings.

@apache934 if you find this drama boring or slow, there is a way out for you - DON'T WATCH IT! :P

I can see from your comment how anti you are to the lead and the drama itself, so please do yourself a big favor, and don't stress yourself by watching 5F.

Enough of the negativity! 5F fighting!

Now, where was I? Right, I'm supposed to post these photos credit Amy
    D5F0BEB6-2AF3-46E4-97EA-1162AA4B56EB-22987-0000168B2F2E82B7.jpg
    4DA7081B-8D8D-45DF-A40E-0118D2ACEBD6-22987-0000168B3C6EACC1.jpg
    2DF9EFED-F572-4767-BB6B-D07A2458825F-22987-0000168B3E58C939.jpg
    91F86498-98CB-47BB-9593-94A40A55B9BC-22987-0000168B3144BFCB.jpg
    DB9EC90F-84EF-431F-8A9C-8E0716254EAD-22987-0000168B328D2442.jpg
    F7E55116-5883-449A-8569-2C0FAA32EA96-22987-0000168B2C3BEE8A.jpg

joccuCarablueagavewitchwithnostick
  • apache934apache934 Posts: 371Member

IDOL

edited September 2012

I try to watch  because I want to see how is going on after 5 yrs he's comming back !

then I can give this drama 1% rating !!!

I think this drama team they should know their weak side to improve better and better

Because they work hard for commercial ( could selling to many countries not to  serve ONE person )

• blueagaveblueagave Posts: 183Member, New Member

IDOL

edited September 2012
    f927, that little roller in Jihun's hair is hilarious. Now, that I've gotten used to that hairstyle, I hope it won't be completely abandoned.

I also love the BTS shots of the Inappropriate/Unintentional Chemistry Couple. :D

----

I'm trying to stay strong and not watch the last two episodes before they're 100% subbed, but it's hard. I'm dying to know the story behind those images of poor Ji Ho looking so defeated in the rain. I also remember there was a clip of In Ha collapsing, so I also want to know what that was about.

In an effort to maintain control, I have only skimmed over the spoilers because I've found that when I get too into them, I'm more tempted to watch the episodes before they're 100% subbed. From what I understand of the spoilers, it's looks like things are moving at a good pace.

After seeing most of episodes 7 and 8, I'm beginning to believe that some people aren't paying attention to what they're watching because their comments contradict what I see on screen. For instance, judging from some of these comments, I thought Ji Ho never suspected Young Ran at all. Yet, that's not the case because, as early as episode 6, he started wondering about her possible involvement in causing his recent troubles.

From what I gathered from reading summaries and spoilers, Ji Ho's suspicions/concerns may have increased in the latest episodes. I love Young Ran's stepmother's involvement in this, because Ji Ho seems to file away her seemingly outrageous comments for later use. For instance, when he saw Young Ran's shoes outside of that meeting room, he immediately thought about her warning that the most dangerous people could be those he trusts the most.

I love this turn of events because it's more intriguing than having Ji Ho find out about Young Ran's true motives at the end. With Ji Ho's increasing suspicions about Young Ran, I'm curious to see how they maneuver around each other for the next 20 episodes. It looks like whatever happens, they will have a painful, torturous relationship and I'm looking forward to watching every moment of this angst slowly play out.

tessieroo
  • HannahmiriamHannahmiriam FrancePosts: 666Member

SUPERSTAR

As nobody agreed or disagreed with me, I repost it, this time in black:

I think  Kim Joon Wook (Jun No Min, ex Dam Sa Ri) is  Chae Young Rangțs ex lover, the one her husband was jealous about. When he met her mother in the past he told her he was ready to give up music in order to allow her to continue performing. The initials on the piano were also JW.

@f927 I don't know if your comment about the ratings also referred about my comment, but I wasn't trying to blame anyone for the low ratings, but merely to find some possible causes. I say some because I think that there's never just one right answer to this kind of question. I mean, the viewers care about scandals, but not enought to drop a drama because of them - if they aren't "too scandalous", and in this case, they aren't. 
    I'm back!
    Of course I've kept my bad old habits, but I still condone yours. :D
  • xtaccy22xtaccy22 Posts: 2Member
    What is the music they play at the end of all the dramas when they're showing the preview of the next episode??
  • hapha8714hapha8714 Posts: 217Member

IDOL

edited September 2012

CherKell said: No news on any OST offerings yet.  There's only been incidental music aired to date, and the production is not going to release anything classical, so we'll just have to wait until some sort of dreamy ballad gets played underneath one of Our Boys' love lines.
    -- WHAT?? no classical? great, it's time to stop on waiting for this. how disappointing.

thanks cherkell for the info. i appreciate it.

xtaccy22 said:
    What is the music they play at the end of all the dramas when they're showing the preview of the next episode??
    i think they are not going to release it.
  • marie67marie67 Posts: 2,695Member

SUPERSTAR

Why is there no OST for this drama? I think that will high up the ratings...

imageimage

My Bias: LEE MIN HO

All time favorites: KIM SOO HYUN, JOO WON, LEE SEUNG GI

Shipping: SO JI SUB & GONG HYO JIN

• xtaccy22xtaccy22 Posts: 2Member
    marie67 wrote: »
    Why is there no OST for this drama? I think that will high up the ratings...

Sigh I agree...
  • CherKellCherKell PERSIMMO-YUMMIES!!! Posts: 2,181Member

LEGEND

edited September 2012
    hapha8714 said:
    -- WHAT?? no classical? great, it's time to stop on waiting for this. how disappointing.

thanks cherkell for the info. i appreciate it.

I should clarify that the production is not going to release the classical offerings by themselves just yet.  As soon as a more audience-friendly, non-instrumental song is released, then we'll probably see a combination of the classical tunes plus that non-instrumental song.  I do agree that the production is waiting an awfully long time to release anything, given that other dramas have released at least one or two (non-instrumental) songs by the time their Episode 10s roll around.  But patience is a virtue, I guess...

As noted earlier, the Opening Theme is a tune called "Orpheus" (composer unknown).  The Closing Theme is a score specially commissioned by SBS for the Show, but I have been unable to find any sort of information on it.  I sent in a request ages ago to the Q&A section of the SBS Official Website, but my question has gone unanswered to date.  Sigh. :-/

And in the 'Stranger Than Fiction' Department, some wiseass SBS marketing guy decided that Chang-wook's feet would make a great promotion for the Marks & Spencer brand of shoes he wears in the Show.  M&S is a premium brand based in the UK (represent, peeps!!), but it's weird seeing their products sold this way.  What's next... CrazyGran shown in promotions for bathrobes and hanging nooses? :))

image  image
    tessieroo
  • TaritsTarits Posts: 2,704Member
    edited September 2012
  • ZarraJaeZarraJae I♥JYJ Posts: 2,476Member

LEGEND

Thanks, Tarits for the video. I enjoy watching these vids and often try to gauge their chemistry from there. I suppose JSY is pretty at ease with these two guys, from the way she's always so bubbly and cheerful with them. She's very natural and pretty and she doesn't look any different too on screen. Btw, in the video, were they laughing over the cow lick at the back of JJH's head or was it because she couldn't get his bangs to behave?

• weetziebatweetziebat Posts: 567Member
    edited September 2012
    Cherkell, Glad to see you back in the thread! And you can use photoshop to make and edit gifs ^^~~ I hope you can keep those great recaps coming, because I'm depending on them. The end of summer is drawing near, and I may have to drop Five Fingers :( I'll be checking this thread for all the latest updates, eye candy, and insightful discussions.

Blueagave, I'm pretty sure TMTETS got high ratings in part because its competition sucked balls (Wild Romance, Take Care of Us, Captain). That being said, even if I didn't like certain ratings monsters, I can usually see why they were so popular. And I find that most dramas with dismal ratings are quite bad (Love Rain, Wild Romance, You've Fallen for Me, Dream, Heading to the Ground, etc). There are exceptions, of course. Several dramas with rave reviews from critics failed to resonate with viewers. In those cases, I think it's because they were either too experimental, targeted a niche audience, or sandwiched between two really popular dramas. And for dramas that were over-hyped *cough* BOF, I think it's because Koreans tend to follow trends closely, so they can discuss popular dramas with their friends, family, co-workers, etc. So yeah, we should always look at ratings with a grain of salt. I agree it's really frustrating when great dramas you love are under-appreciated, but at least 5F fans have found their people in the 5F thread~~

Baduy,
    Spoiler:
    You may have already heard the news, but Dramafev** is being an effin copyright troll. DF makes VK and CR look like benevolent buddhas in comparison. According to the open thread in dramabeans, DF allegedly shut down MisterX's blog (dramatic.weebly.com), mysoju.com, and kimchidramas.net. DF also forced Dark Smurf Subs and asiadr**bl** to remove their Answer Me 1997 subs. At this point, any competitor of Dramafev** is getting support from me. I'm beyond irked that DF shut down MisterX's blog just because he provided alternative Answer Me 1997 subs. Is that even legal? Are there any laws/cases in the U.S. that have established that fansubbing is illegal? And how does DF think kdramas became popular in America in the first place? I even read a comment that DF uses withS2 subs for their older dramas ::dramatic eyeroll::

Source: http://www.chillingeffects.org/notice.cgi?sID=101518

So, *ahem,* I'll be removing this comment later because some people in the Answer Me 1997 thread suspect that DF has minions lurking in the Soompi forums, tracking comments >_>

And I asked my dad about the translation of "나만큼 독하고 한이 깊은 사람" and for what it's worth, he said that when you use 독하다 to describe a person (독한 남자/여자/사람), it means something along the lines of either spiteful, cruel or hard-hearted. Basically, J. W.'s "han" or suffering/resentment made him bitter/venomous. 독하다 means "dogged" or "fiercely determined" when you use it to describe someone's actions/attitude/level of resolution (ie 독하개, 독한 마음). Examples: Suzy studied doggedly to pass the bar exam or Suzy's dogged resolution helped her pass the bar exam. 수지가 변호사 자격시험에 합격해 위해서 독하개 공부를 했다 or 수지가 독한 마음을 먹고 공부했기 때문애 변호사 자격 시험애 합격했다.

5581159201_547b42e5be.jpgL.png
    My favorite group will always be DB5K, but my current bias is Infinite.
    Dramas: 1 KBS sitcom, 1 jTBC drama, 1 KBS drama || Variety Shows/Other: 1 Mnet show, 1 tvN show, 1 KBS show, 1 MBC show, 1 SBS show
    alethea33CherKelltessieroo

IDOL

No ni no ni no... :P

Some photos to share credit Amy
    8AB3B018-A8D9-4996-A915-8F7B33C2A473-23977-000017DBCEB85C10_zps1d46249c.jpg
    59438D9D-E61F-4C69-8940-D95D5C2698C8-23977-000017DBC9716B34_zpsa6ae4d02.jpg
    386A51CF-E140-4435-A4A7-D9EBE3667115-23977-000017DBC825319C_zps1961323f.jpg

68338FE5-C2DB-43FD-9B79-CFAC968FB82D-23977-000017DBD30DB0C0_zps47e6e686.jpg
    2F1C502E-36E3-4D80-8F67-52E54C8A8655-23977-000017DBD6FCC6FC_zps38b032de.jpg