Guest piano_lady

Guest piano_lady

[MBC] Ryu Su Young, Lee Jong Soo, Jang Shin Young, Park Ye Jin

Rebirth - Next

Hwansaeng - NEXT

환생-넥스트

MBC Mon./Tues miniseries (2005) - 14 episodes total

For MBC homepage for this drama (in Korean), go to:

www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/next/index.html.

Aired on MBC in Korea: May 16, 2005 - June 28, 2005 on Monday & Tuesday nights at 9:55 (replaced Wonderful Life)

118720518055195.gif

2496795340101480961S600x600Q85.jpg

2095886480101480961S600x600Q85.jpg

SYNOPSIS

Misfortunate fate… Are we going to meet each other again in the next life?

Here are the unfortunate lovers who reincarnate at different times and keep meeting again and again.

Their karma reflects your own life and love. Their hopeless loves over a thousand years reveals a heartbreaking love story.

Meeting each other in the next life is a privilege allowed only to those who do their best in their love in this life.

Are we trying hard enough not to have any regrets in the next life?

This is the story of lovers who meet each other in different lives and in different times.

You will witness their hard efforts to keep their promises to love each other forever.

生: come to this world, 死: going back

What if the fact that I was born, I live and I always fail at love repeats over the thousands years in different places and at different times?

What if birth and death are only entering and leaving the stage?

Then, my goal in this life is cutting off that vicious cycle in my painful life.

CAST

Note: The leads play different characters in different time periods.

138_3.jpg

Min Ki-beom (29 years old) (Acted by Ryu Su-Young)

He's a surgeon and Ki-soo's older brother. He used to be a calm and reasonable man, but since he met Jeong-hwa he's fallen into a passionate love. He's smart and cynical. He doesn't care about things like fate or karma. He doesn't want anything to do with those things. He believes that his life completely depends on him, and everything can be different depending on from where you are looking. For Soo-hyeon, Jeong-hwa is a woman who steals someone else's man, but for Jeong-hwa, Soo-hyeon is just an annoying ex-girlfriend.

Other roles:

-Chosun: Yoon Myung-jin

-Koryo: Kasaru

-Ille: Suk-ho

-Shimkuk: Soo-baek

~0~

138_1.jpg

Lee Soo-hyeon (27 years old) (Acted by Park Ye-Jin)

She's a psychiatrist. She's going out with Ki-beom at the moment and they will get married soon. She believes that things like former life and fate are man-made illusions. She doesn't believe in anything that can't be logically explained. It's OK if Ki-beom chose that woman over her. She thinks it's up to him to decide. However, it does hurt her pride.

Other roles:

-Chosun: Yeon-hwa

-Koryo: Ja Woon-young

-Ille: Jung-im

-Shimkuk: Geum Ga-in

~0~

138_2.jpg

Kang Jeong-hwa (25 years old) (Acted by Jang Shin-Young)

She's working as a waitress during the day and a stage actor at night. She's been going out with a fellow actor, but she feels an unexplainable attraction to Ki-beom when she first sees him. She believes in fate and she thinks she should accept it. She believes that she's lucky to find Ki-beom

since not everyone finds their destiny in life. It's not easy to meet the person you are meant to be with.

Other roles:

-Chosun: Geum-young

-Koryo: Ah-hae

-Ille: Young-sook

-Shimkuk: Yoo-hwa

~0~

138_4.jpg

Min Ki-soo (26 years old) (Acted by Lee Jong-Soo)

He's a stage actor and Ki-beom's younger brother. He's passionate, but insensitive. He must be the biggest victim in this tangled relationship.

Whatever Jeong-hwa's fate, he'll marry her. He explodes out of anger and obsession.

The only excuse he can accept from his brother will be that he didn't know about his relationship with Jeong-hwa.

Other roles:

-Chosun: Wan-bo

-Koryo: Kim Woong-suh

-Ille: Tamura

-Shimkuk: So-ho

~o~

Credits to MBC Global Media and Koreanwiz

RESOURCES FOR DOWNLOAD

ryusuyoung's veoh account (English hardsubbed, MQ)

Preview the teaser: http://swf.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/next/images/next_preview_teaser.swf

EPISODES

Megaupload links (English hardsubbed, MQ)

Please join with HJSplit (Episodes 1-9)

Episode 1 - file 1 file 2

Episode 2 - file 1 file 2

Episode 3 - file 1 file 2

Episode 4 - file 1 file 2

Episode 5 - file 1 file 2

Episode 6 - file 1 file 2

Episode 7

Episode 8 - file 1 file 2

Episode 9 - file 1 file 2

Episode 10

Episode 11

Episode 12

Episode 13

Episode 14

OFFICIAL OST

07000012596.jpg

mms://211.176.63.195/media01/372/372756.asf

to

mms://211.176.63.195/media01/372/372770.asf

(to download, right click and "save file as")

01. hwan saeng (Title) - Yoo Jin Ha

02. Long Long Ago - Park Ki Young

03. da shi dol ah wa - Flower (Go Yoo Jin)

04. shi gan eh ggeut - Lee Seung Yul

05. mi ahn hae yo - Lisa

06. Long Long Ago - Jung Se Hoon (Countertenor)

07. na ee gil ba raet ji - Bae Jae Woo

08. The Prayer - Kwon Oh Kyung

09. bin bang - Repair Shop (Baek Kap Soo)

10. The Ancient Sun II

11. na ee gil ba raet ji (Instrumental)

12. da shi dol ah wa (Instrumental)

13. in yun

14. shim yun

15. Long Long Ago (Instrumental)

or

Rebirth - NEXT OST (rar file)

Additional songs (MU links)

Sweety (original version) or Sweety - Cosmo mix by Clazziquai - Episode 1

PERIODS AND EPISODE GUIDE

(Please feel free to use the banners)

PRESENT DAY

(Episodes 1-2, 7-8)

2470953340101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

CHOSUN

(Episodes 3-4)

2806054050101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

KORYO

(Episodes 5-6)

2644112190101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

ILLE

(Episode 8-9)

2210729190101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

SHIMKUK

(Episode )

2591076580101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crypticbluerose

Oh was the show that they metioned on xman on time...maybe

Anyways I love Lee Jong Soo and I want to see a drama with him in it.

Guest snowprincess

interesting first episode! the usual RSY excellence in acting :)

nice front page piano_lady! present and supporting this thread! i wonder why there was no thread of this before...

Guest debratan

Have seen this drama last year..recently bought the VCD, will definitely see it again.

LOVE this show, especially the Mongolian period, at first think that the beard on RSY looks funny, but after getting use to it, it's actually looks very good on him.

Oh have to say something about the drama...

The story line is different as I can't recall seeing other Kdrama with reincarnation. Initally, the story starts slow, but when it get to the past reincarnation part, it actually lure me... all the past life shown is somewhat different but still the four character keep on trapping in their circle of fate.

Definitely not a comedy, but do leave me pondered over the topic of fate. And yes, I'm an asian and do strongly believe in it.

If you a believer in Karma/reincarnation/fate, you will most likely enjoy it. Good OST is an bonus too.

Lee Jong Soo (eagle eyed boy)find him trying a bit too hard in this drama, this is the only drama I have seem him in and maybe I have misjudged him

Jang Shin Young, also first time seeing her acting. quite pale in acting

Park Ye Jin, don't like her in "memories in bali" but started to appreciated her in this drama. Petty and can act reasonably well.

RSY - Caught my eye in "STLD" and capture my heart in this drama.

Guest crypticbluerose

I saw LJS in a movie one time;he didn't act hard in that one, but Im not a fan of horror movies so I didn't finish it.

I have a hard time commiting to dramas, anime and stuff these days.

piano_lady this is a nice thread! Is there anyplace to download the MQ Hardsubbed version other than VEOH?

I hope you right about getting use to Ryu with that berd because he looks quite funny in the pictures :P

Guest piano_lady

hi gerryg! thanks for dropping by :D i was actually thinking of uploading the series to megaupload. and now that you've mentioned it, i will definitely do so! will start doing it tomorrow since it's already 3 am here...hehe...nite-nite for now! B)

oh, about that beard, well...am not yet used to seeing him with that :lol: but i'm sure i will still find him attractive :blush: :lol:

Guest anachronista

Another thing unique about this drama is that RSY is kind of a jerk here but still love him (he actually cheat on his GF by hitting on with his brother girl)

If you a believer in Karma/reincarnation/fate, you will most likely enjoy it. Good OST is an bonus too.

As much as I hate to see a character cheat on his/her mate in a drama, I never saw Ki Bum (RSY) as a jerk in this one. He really didn't hit on Jung Hwa, it was the other way around, and he was uncontrollably compelled to love her without knowing why. I felt sorry for him because he was devastated by what he did, especially before his fiancee. That's how good an actor he is. Makes you feel sorry for his character after he's done something you'd expect to hate him for. He doesn't find out about Ki Soo and Jung Hwa until later. And Jung Hwa never considered Ki Soo her boyfriend.

I DO believe in Karma. In America it's expressed by such sayings as, "you reap what you sow" and "what goes around comes around", only I don't think that people in my country realize that's Karma. :lol:

I usually watch dramas without getting too wound up in them, but this one ate me up. I was biting my knuckles all through it, and crying at the tragedies, which is unusual for me, since I tend to like comedies more. Love that it presents a variety of stories in different time periods. Also loved how they re-cast supporting actors in interesting parts for the other time periods. Makes you smile a little at who ends up playing which role. Keeps you from getting bored.

Really love the OST, too. It's my favorite.

Guest snowprincess

there isnt much info in English out there about this drama (no spoilers!) so im on the edge of my seat with this one. right now, can i just say, im irritated with the insomniac girl character, she strikes me as immature amd selfish. i may need to watch more eps to find out why she is like she is.

piano_lady love, love, love your banner! im still a newbie here and studying how to post images and stuff. anachronista's and your avatars are so nice! i screencapped RSY as Kasare, the Mongolian general, (the beard "grew" on me :lol: ) but its too large a file :(

Guest piano_lady

Thanks for your inputs, everyone! Now, I am really looking forward to watching this series! Will do so in a few minutes...right before I go to bed...will share with you my thoughts...and will post some nice caps as well!

snowprincess, i am not much of an expert on photoshop and stuff but if you want to ask something, lemme know. will try my best to help. am also a newbie and just learned about capturing and posting stuff when i started to watch Bad Couple... :sweatingbullets: thanks also for your compliments! it's my 2nd attempt in siggy/banner making...it's really interesting to learn new things such as these...i'll try to make new banners when i have time and i'll post them here :)

now, off I go to watch Rebirth - NEXT...

Guest piano_lady

Ep 1 captures...so looking forward to watching ep 2... B)

The first meeting -- at the subway station

2697165560101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

This chong dung mirror is so pretty...de ja vu

2588500560101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

More de ja vu ...

2028049450101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

That one night...

2244125060101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

Jung Hwa and Ki-su

2196587830101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

Confrontation

2565615790101477527S600x600Q85.jpg

Omo! Why did he hug her? Was he really attracted to her?

Guest anachronista

Yes, he is extremely attracted to her. He's also in a committed relationship. In addition, he did something on impulse for which he feels he feels terribly guilty. He's going through some really complex and difficult feelings at this point and doesn't know what to do with them. All he can do is hug her and say "I'm sorry". The story is all about these peoples' compulsions left over from their former lives.

Guest piano_lady

Yes, he is extremely attracted to her. He's also in a committed relationship. In addition, he did something on impulse for which he feels he feels terribly guilty. He's going through some really complex and difficult feelings at this point and doesn't know what to do with them. All he can do is hug her and say "I'm sorry". The story is all about these peoples' compulsions left over from their former lives.

Oooohhhh, really? I wanna watch epi 2 now!

Btw, RSY really looks cool in a white gown :wub: :blush: :rolleyes: Will post the caps laterz!

Guest anachronista

Btw, RSY really looks cool in a white gown :wub: :blush: :rolleyes:

Doctor, Doctor! I need medical attention right away!!!! And lots of it! (giggle)

Guest snowprincess

take a break from all the uploads piano_lady and enjoy watching re-birth!

i was just wondering whether you will be happy with a person you are destined with or the person you fell in love with... :blink: or is it the same thing... :blink:

Archived