Lee Da Hae 이다해 李多海 イ・ダヘ ❤

apqaria

^ Thanx a lot for the goodies chinggu.. I can already see the school girl HR in your caps... :lol: but I like how HR's flirting around with DC. At least she makes it sound funny... rather than desperate? hehehe...

lilcrash, :lol: you're like the wikipedia of Da Hae's thread.. you've got all the updated stuff, and even stuff that we don't know about. So they were talking about the printing machines.. I also got confused for a while, about HR and DC going to Japan for some kind of cylinder..lolz..

HR's answers/responses to DC's questions are always so amusing... she does have a way with words! :D

--

Edit: Does anybody laugh or giggle when DC calls YR "soup-laddle" (Gook Ja)? I know vikkii translated it directly from the korean text, but somehow when read in English, it sounds really weird and funny..:lol:

^

I watch c-subs first then go to watch the ones on ViiKii, the translators on ViiKii translated cylinders!??! So I'm guessing some it is some type of cylinder printing machine (c-subs said it's some type of (press) printing machine[印刷機]). Or cylinders in printing machines (printing machine parts)?

Label printing machines(cylinders needed)?-I think it is this one...because of the documents about LM Series Label Paster. All these guessing... :crazy:

Looking at this- http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/rey...csnap-84907.png

I don't know...it looks like the documents are about history of printing?

LOL DC and HR's trip to Japan is pointless, they can get the information off the net! But they don't have internet in those days...

About DC calling YR Gook Ja...ummm soup laddle... I don't really get why he calls her that. Yes, sounds weird..I know they just translated from korean text, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

^

I watch c-subs first then go to watch the ones on ViiKii, the translators on ViiKii translated cylinders!??! So I'm guessing some it is some type of cylinder printing machine (c-subs said it's some type of (press) printing machine[印刷機]). Or cylinders in printing machines (printing machine parts)?

Label printing machines(cylinders needed)?-I think it is this one...because of the documents about LM Series Label Paster. All these guessing... :crazy:

LOL DC and HR's trip to Japan is pointless, they can get the information off the net! But they don't have internet in those days...

About DC calling YR Gook Ja...ummm soup laddle... I don't really get why he calls her that. Yes, sounds weird..I know they just translated from korean text, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

wow lilcrash, I was hoping someone would let us know what document HR was looking at and you found it for us. thanks! your amazing. :)

Wasn't he calling her "Gook Ja"- as soup laddle when they first met?,she went to his place while DC was eating and she was 19 y/o then, she was singing a song at that time holding a piece of chopstick and the soup laddle, which represents 19. Does that make sense? ;)

I knew Gook Ja meant "soup laddle" when translated to English from Korean/Chinese... but don't you think it sounds funny when you read the English subs?

DC: Soup-laddle, how have you been?

It's like DC's talking to a spoon or something...:lol:

Anyway, I just thought it was funny, it's not a big deal hehehe...( I watched EOE with Chi Subs until Ep 25 or so.. it didn't bother me.. but after that I started using viikii.. so yeah...)

^

Who said they did not have internet (jk)? Isn't that around 1992? I think we have internet 1992-1993, right? My old school days, I remember we got it round that time. They just did not have google. :) Anyway, I should bet again what model of laptop DC will use later on :)

Imogene_aff: are you talking about the scene after sweet dinner? I saw on viikii and Guk pretended not to know YR, he said "I bet you will quit after three days, you share my surname (same surname), ...". I think she had a smirk knowing why her dad doing that. My feeling in that scene is - YR really resembles Guk.

However, I don't understand why Guk did not suspect YR, she's been in DC's office so many times, yet she told him they did not need DC any more and she would take over. Did it make sense to Guk?

Anyway, good night. I will go sleep too.

Ripgal: I just watched Rough Cut, it's amazing. Good movie.

Guest imogene_af

Imogene_aff: are you talking about the scene after sweet dinner? I saw on viikii and Guk pretended not to know YR, he said "I bet you will quit after three days, you share my surname (same surname), ...". I think she had a smirk knowing why her dad doing that. My feeling in that scene is - YR really resembles Guk.

However, I don't understand why Guk did not suspect YR, she's been in DC's office so many times, yet she told him they did not need DC any more and she would take over. Did it make sense to Guk?

Anyway, good night. I will go sleep too.

It was when she was at his office, and DC was playing pool. She had a hurt face when Gook said those. It's very conflicted.

Now I totally understand why DC told everyone what he's doing with HR is business... because everything from the way it was set up to the way everything was coming full circle is NOT your ordinary business deal. It is obviously a match make session and he isn't naive enough to not notice that; he KNEW they were being paired up and him going along treating this as a Gook assignment is him also being a part of it ... really the ink was just an excuse. DC knew this. Everyone around them knew this. Hye-rin finds herself smitten with a guy being set up for her. It's such a SAD thing to watch because you know he treated her just like an assignment. This is why they are reassuring everyone it is a business because they knew the outside intentions were romantic, a merging, and in a way, DC is willing to be a part of it. just that his mind will be in it, not his heart. So in a way this is business, a transaction, a mission, an assignment.

I believe that DC used to and has been interested in HR (I am not saying as lover, just interested). We have to bring back the first, the second, the third meeting- the boat scene, the car scene, the dumpsite scene. His eyes looking at her is not normal. And he was shy when he saw her after years (at the dump site). And his curious eyes in US trip. Those things must not be useless. For DC, HR is an attractive girl, a character and a capability that he has to notice. However, you are right that because of the pushing, their atmosphere becomes awkward and they have to consider things around them - as a set up, as a consignment - that killed any natural relationship development (not saying romance).

HR is smart so she's trying not to put them in uncomfortable, she's stepping ahead, initiated the talk, etc. I guess at least she has been the one who received his help so she feels the urge to do so (I would if I was in that situation) However, when times comes and she HAS to talk with him about their relationship, I am sure that she will tell him to take it lightly, because for her, he's being a friend would be ok. HR is definitely NOT he type who runs after and pushes the guy to get their love.

I miss those eye contacts, random encounters in those earlier episodes, they were better than what's going on now.....I too, don't really like how Hye Rin is smiling so much when she is around DC, especially the bar scene in Japan, it seems unnatural to see HR smiling like that, its unlike her character. On the other hand, when she is with DW, even before she got rejected by him, she was always very natural and laid back.

Guest imogene_af

^

she shared to DW that DC has a way with her that makes her smile. So girl is smitten. I guess all the chance encounters made her even more smitten, but she is coming in the "business" knowing they are being set up. It was just obviously a match make session. They are both kind of "old" (30 and 37) in traditional Asian standards, a supreme age when people match make them. Sad, though because he only sees her as a gain (this may change later on, depends).

Guest imogene_af

^

I must say though the laugh she gave DC in the plane was the cutest laugh ever.

This could actually head to an interesting story and plight for Min Hye-rin if done right. I'm really having flashbacks of Angelina Jolie in Good Sheperd. :lol:

It's so unrealistic though to have a woman like Hye-rin have such trouble with men. :lol:

^ Is The Good Shepherd a good movie? Since Matt Damon is in it...I might go down to Blockbuster to rent it today. :)

Viikii translations by JiYeon

On the plane-

DC: "What do you think? Can you follow it?"

HR: "I'll be a Ph.D. in cylinder presses."

HR: "This pen's ink is the same as the press's ink. Isn't that amazing?"

At dinner-

Pres. Guk: "I'm so happy that we got the cylinder press at a reasonable price."

Cylinder press- a printing press where the type is carried on a flat bed under a cylinder that holds paper and rolls over the type. A machine used for printing.

I do remember she said that to DW......I guess she is indeed very smitten.....like a little girl has a crush on a boy.

Why did the writer start off the HR/DC story this way?? The "all about business DC", HR is swept off her feet too early and the "match maker team", this combination is not creating any romantic feeling for viewers who have long anticipated for the love story.......what are they delivering to us........an "arranged triangle"??

Guest imogene_af

lilcrash- A bit dragging but I liked it better than expected. Angelina's character there is a woman who was smitten with the guy arranged for her, they loved and struggled... it was tragic.

audu-I'm pretty sure there will be changes on how it will be portrayed. HR is not one to force anyone to love her. K-dramas tend to love it when men act like potential jerks from the start and gradually they change. What I find odd in EoE is male relationships are always priority over male-female ones.

I just wish they show more on why HR is drawn to DC that much (I actually would love it if he webs her along, treating it like an assignment), but heh I guess helping her quite a few times did have an effect on her.

sometimes I wish EOE was a daily drama......a week is a long wait. But I really enjoy reading everyone's posts here, esp in this thread, it makes watching EOE so much more enjoyable.