[drama 2007] Winter Bird 겨울새

Guest Soy

:w00t:dramaok! The synopsis, description & dialogues are just awesome! :wub: Thanks so much for writing & sharing these with us, they really helped make a LOT OF SENSE. I'm so hooked into the love relationship of Do-Hyeon & Yeong-Eun :blush: .. she does love him so but had to follow the wishes of the family that raised her. At first glance, DH's mom especially.. looks & treats YE really nice but she actually keeps a tight reign on her son/family. Wow.. looks can really be deceiving. ;) I thought she'd like YE as a daughter but obviously, she doesn't want YE as part of the family, as in permanently.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this clip from YTNSTAR.

It's BTS of wedding ceremony of YE and DH is there too :tears: .

I believe this eps will be heatbreaking to all Lee Tae Gon's fans here :tears: .

Winter Bird - BTS of wedding ceremony

thanks for sharing this one....maneuneun.I will dl this one and then upload it for everyone to share ^ ^...curious also when it will happen...

EDIT here's the downloadable link to the clip posted by maneuneun

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ih13oc

Dramaok, Alakina, Babymarzy07 *waves* nice to see you here...thanks for your wonderful insights and summaries ^ ^

and of course Sunny for the nice pics ^ ^

tv0000000068534zj0.jpg

Episode 3 [2007-09-19]:

Do-Hyeon (Lee Tae-Gon) promises Yeong-Eun (Park Seon-Yeong) who is suffering, that from now on he will not leave her by herself,

and he kisses her passionately. Mrs. Jeong (Yoon Mira) finds out Do-Hyeon and Yeong-Eun are alone at the cottage, and vows to Mr. Jeong that she will never accept Yeong-Eun as daughter-in-law.

Meanwhile, Yeong-Eun runs into Ji-Hong (Do Dong-Hyeok) who is waiting by her home, and Yeong-Eun tries to avoid him saying she has nothing to talk about with him.

Just then Do-Hyeon comes out from the house and grabs Yeong-Eun while warning Ji-Hong, but Ji-Hong doesn't listen and Do-Hyeon beats him.

도현(이태곤)은 파혼 후 힘들어하고 있는 영은(박선영)에게 이제 혼자 내버려두지

않겠다는 약속을 하고, 애틋하게 키스를 한다. 이여사(윤미라)는 도현과 영은 단 둘

이 별장에 머물게 된 사실을 알게 되자 흥분하며 정회장(장용)에게 절대로 영은을 며

느리로 받아들이지 않겠다고 못을 박는다.

한편, 집 앞에서 기다리고 있던 지홍(조동혁)과 마주친 영은은 할 말이 없다며 자리

를 피하려고 한다. 마침, 집 앞에 나온 도현은 영은을 잡고 있는 지홍을 보고, 손을

놓으라고 경고하지만 말을 듣지 않자 한 대 치는데...

----------

drama00003026lz2fh5.jpg

Episode 4 [2007-09-20]

Do-Hyeon who will be spending some time in Shanghai tells Yeong-Eun he feels uneasy leaving as is, and asks her to promise him she will marry him.

Seeing Do-Hyeon anxious and uneased, Yeong-Eun promises she will do as he says.

Meanwhile, hearing Yeong-Eun wants to go abroad to study, Mrs. Jeong grows wariness toward Yeong-Eun and asks the matchmaker to find marriage companion for Yeong-Eun again. Yeong-Eun is unable to refuse Mrs. Jeong's request for her to go on matchdate, and goes to meet Kyeong-Woo (Yoon Sang-Hyeon) for match-date.

당분간 상해에 머물게 될 도현(이태곤)은 영은(박선영)을 이대로 두고 가기에는 불

안하다며 결혼 약속을 하자고 한다. 마음이 급하다며 불안해하는 도현에게 영은은

그러겠다고 약속한다.

한편, 외국으로 나가 공부를 하고 싶다는 영은에게 강한 경계심을 보이는 이여사(윤

미라)는 다시 매파를 동원해 영은의 혼처를 알아보기 시작한다. 영은은 다시 맞선을

보라는 이여사의 요구를 차마 거절하지 못하고, 경우(윤상현)와의 맞선 자리에 나가

는데...

Wow... the description for ep. 3 & 4 is making my heart beat faster. :blush: I love that DH is firm and quick. :P

These episodes may be prelude to DH & YE's spending time together in Shanghai.. like coming later?

Thanks dramaok, the storyline of the series is good enough to watch unsubbed and the chemistry of the leads are strong enough too, but your sharing makes Winter Bird just so special and precious.

Merci! :wub:

ps: thanks koalabear for the BTS downloadable clip, too. Hmm.. Sendspace seems ok this time.. perhaps it's a smaller file compared to before. Anyway, thanks so much to everyone's wonderful sharing *hello to all!*.. waiting for tonight's episode. Kiss.. kiss.. :w00t:

Why is the mum so against YE being with DH? Just plain snobbishness or.... not another birth secret, hey?

Do you think the parents are similar to Que Sera Sera?

I keep thinking the father have something to do with YE's parents death and the mother thinks she is doing her duty to be snobbish to orphan.

Guest babymarzy07

^ hmmm.. interesting idea gerryg! i never thought of that possibility.

i really feel bad for YE after ep3. ahhh that ring!! so beautiful!!

ohh im so sad seeing as how the mom will match make again..

YE cant refuse.. awwww i wonder why she cant really fight here in this scenario..

why did she hafta take off the ring btw?

sigh.. i can only wonder if this entire drama is just pure heartache all the way or is there some happiness along the way..

i remember seeing in showbiz extra that they said this isnt purely a melo drama thing.. i dont know though.. it seems like more sad times along the way...

thanks dramaok!! appreciate the efforts!! ^^

Do you think the parents are similar to Que Sera Sera?

I keep thinking the father have something to do with YE's parents death and the mother thinks she is doing her duty to be snobbish to orphan.

would he? he looks so innocent. Really don't know. Yeah... the mum is just being a snob.

:mellow: Anyone with episode 3 clip to share? :unsure:

Or is it easy enough to watch live on MBC? Any pointers? My pc usually 'dies' on streaming links but willing to try nonetheless, if it works with this series instead. :blush:

I have no problem watching it live on MBC. Give it a try.

If a lot of people are trying to watch it on line, like with Coffee Prince, then it might be difficult.

^ hmmm.. interesting idea gerryg! i never thought of that possibility.

i really feel bad for YE after ep3. ahhh that ring!! so beautiful!!

ohh im so sad seeing as how the mom will match make again..

YE cant refuse.. awwww i wonder why she cant really fight here in this scenario..

why did she hafta take off the ring btw?

sigh.. i can only wonder if this entire drama is just pure heartache all the way or is there some happiness along the way..

i remember seeing in showbiz extra that they said this isnt purely a melo drama thing.. i dont know though.. it seems like more sad times along the way...

thanks dramaok!! appreciate the efforts!! ^^

speak up against the people who took and take care of her since her parents died when she was still very young? I don't think I would.

I would first have to move out of that house and then.....even then......hmmm...tough job, I think

Bite the hand then fed you? Jeee....this does sound like Que Sera Sera.

I think she took the ring off, because she gave her word to DH's mum that there was nothing between DH and her. If she would wear the ring, indeed a beautiful one, people would definitely ask her about it. Especially since it looks like an engagement ring, no?

According the above BTS DH was at the wedding. I wonder how come.

It would make sense if she got married while he was still abroad.

We'll see tomorrow.

I have no problem watching it live on MBC. Give it a try.

If a lot of people are trying to watch it on line, like with Coffee Prince, then it might be difficult.

If there isn't available link(s) to dl from, I'll definitely try watching it online for tomorrow. Just don't want to miss the series.

Btw, is there a link to watch on MBC or do we use a different site for streaming? It's been so long since I watched anything live (some of last year's awards, I think).. not sure where to click on. :sweatingbullets:

Thanks, would appreciate any help on this. :blush:

If there isn't available link(s) to dl from, I'll definitely try watching it online for tomorrow. Just don't want to miss the series.Btw, is there a link to watch on MBC or do we use a different site for streaming? It's been so long since I watched anything live (some of last year's awards, I think).. not sure where to click on. :sweatingbullets: Thanks, would appreciate any help on this. :blush:

check out this thread

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=59635

or try directly these links of MBC, whichever works for you. You need to register first.

http://login.imbc.com/imbc/login/member.html

https://mypage.imbc.com/Regi_Fr.aspx

these latter two links may be more up to date.

There is also TVants, but I don't know how that works these days. Used it before, but then it stopped working for me.Good luck.

If any problem, give a shout.

btw, DH's sis is a bit of a bxxx, no? A not so nice person, for sure. No wonder that YE is so timid. DH is her only friend in that family. Well, the parents are not thaaat bad, they could have been much worse. Like Ja Kyung's stepmum in "Dear Heaven". Need I say more? ...LOL... o..almost forgot....the auntie is nice

^ Thanks for the links, will definitely check them out.

Wow.. the story is getting more and more interesting with the appearnce of DH's sister. Aish.. thought that she would be someone supportive of YE-DH relationship... or is she?

Guest xXeunhaexP

oh goodness...i just love this drama, even though there are only 2 epsidoes so far ^^

even though the drama is very melo and sad, i still like the aura. and i just love Park Sun Young, she was so cute in goodbye sadness....come to think of it, she played a sad role there too, well towards the middle of the drama where everything got complicated >.<

i can't wait for episode 3 to come out:) i'm soo exicted, i've been waiting all day! :D

Rubie I usually use 'cdmatv.com' That way I get to try 3 slections for MBC , 11, 23, and 26.

Also, Speaking of Dear Heaven doesn't the sister and his/her girlfriend remind you of the same in Dear Heaven?

Thanks gerryg for the link, appreciate it! Will try each to see if there's one that works well for me. Really appreciate all the help. Btw, what time is it actually that Winter Bird comes on air, tonight & every weekend?

So, there's a bit of similarity about the sister and the previous plot of Dear Heaven.. with a long series.. even if they started quite the same.. hopefully there'll be a better twist along the way. ^_^

ps: http://clubbox.co.kr/WITHS2CB already has the episode 3 for Winter Bird but can't seem to download it yet, keeps getting error messages for now. :mellow:

Guest babymarzy07

speak up against the people who took and take care of her since her parents died when she was still very young? I don't think I would.

I would first have to move out of that house and then.....even then......hmmm...tough job, I think

Bite the hand then fed you? Jeee....this does sound like Que Sera Sera.

I think she took the ring off, because she gave her word to DH's mum that there was nothing between DH and her. If she would wear the ring, indeed a beautiful one, people would definitely ask her about it. Especially since it looks like an engagement ring, no?

According the above BTS DH was at the wedding. I wonder how come.

It would make sense if she got married while he was still abroad.

We'll see tomorrow.

Hhehhee its was a silly question. Ur right, but im annoyed I wish YE had more gutsyness even if they were adoptive parents. Frustrated. But I dont really feel any genuine feelings from the mom nor the dad. I wouldnt really know why they would take care of her not unless its covering up for something. I feel as if the mom wants to marry her off so bad, the studying thing out of the question. I feel as if they only give her the little of anything but never something really that will help her or something.

But I have a feeling of a bit of QSS which makes me sad, which in this case might mean that the leads wont be together. hahhaah I feel the dad cares more for YE really, and the mom just wants her away from DH. I cant stand the mom. She is so mean and so condecending.

I feel so bad for PSY's character. DH hasnt gotten a clue about his mom. Yikes. I want to hit the screen so bad. I feel so sad watching this. I cant stop watching though. Hahhaha

rubie, im watching via my cable channel. it airs same time here mbc intl as mbc korea. 9:55pm korean time. so im an hour behind. ^^i find it hard to watch live its keeps buffering.

additional casts:

the title 'winter bird' signifies a woman finding her inner strength to survive and fight for what she wants like a lone bird in winter....

Yeong-Eun, who is orphaned but later adopted by the Jeong's is sent to marriage by her adoptive mother to a wealthy family, however....

Jeong Se-Ho [정세호] PD and Kim Su-Hyeon [김수현] writer previously worked together on the drama ''Trap of Youth - 청춘의 덫"... but the writer for 'Winter Bird' is Lee Geum-Ju [이금주], who will use Kim's original novel by the same title.

Hhehhee its was a silly question. Ur right, but im annoyed I wish YE had more gutsyness even if they were adoptive parents. Frustrated. But I dont really feel any genuine feelings from the mom nor the dad. I wouldnt really know why they would take care of her not unless its covering up for something. I feel as if the mom wants to marry her off so bad, the studying thing out of the question. I feel as if they only give her the little of anything but never something really that will help her or something.

But I have a feeling of a bit of QSS which makes me sad, which in this case might mean that the leads wont be together. hahhaah I feel the dad cares more for YE really, and the mom just wants her away from DH. I cant stand the mom. She is so mean and so condecending.

I feel so bad for PSY's character. DH hasnt gotten a clue about his mom. Yikes. I want to hit the screen so bad. I feel so sad watching this. I cant stop watching though. Hahhaha

rubie, im watching via my cable channel. it airs same time here mbc intl as mbc korea. 9:55pm korean time. so im an hour behind. ^^i find it hard to watch live its keeps buffering.

When I read about the title on first page, I realized that this drama is about YE finding herself and strength, so don't worry. I think YE and DH will end up together, but do wonder how they are going to fill remaining 46 eps.

hehehe, I also got the feeling that the dad in nicer to YE than the mum.

Me too, I feel sooo sorry for YE that she "has to" do what DH' mum says and that she cannot do want she wants, which is study and not getting married to anybody. A prisoner of social rules and principles.

btw, MBC Korea airing time is around 9.40 pm Korean Time, as far as I know.

The doc's mum and DH's mum are such fine examples, when you should not listen to your parent.

Archived