[drama 2007] Winter Bird 겨울새

Guest Soy

yes.. that's very very true. YE is just in a whirlwind right now. I may be alone in saying this, but i really really hate Mrs Jeong to a core. i mean really. even if she is ur adoptive daughter why why why treat her this way. there has to be a secret hidden.

i dont really like the husband to be even from early on, he gets on my nerves.

Jina is pretty but as usual i hate her role. arggghhh.. but DH seemed happy in the previews...

thanks dramaok for the detailed summary! is that ok to be given the lingerie this early on? i know their siblings in a way but the real relationship seemed to just have started? is this common in Korea without the malice or implications?

ohhhh thanks for the ost sunny i really like the background music!

The background music is now playing on my pc non-stop :D .. wow, it's a really nice instrumental.. quite chirpy but has that bittersweet feeling lingeing on, obviously. Makes you think that the series is going to be one very long road for DH and YE especially. Seems her life is not hers at all, out of the adoptive family home.. but into another which is even worst, more misery & heartbreak waiting. With 46 episodes to come, there'll be twists and turns along the way.. one might be about YE's own background, what really happened that made Mr. Jeong took her in but not to make her as one of the family.

I think even though DH and YE already started way before their relationship but maybe.. because the practically grew up together, in the same house.. the "sibling" boundary is still quite visible but because of the strict non-existance relations stressed by Mrs. Jeong so clearly.. it's not really awkward for YE and DH to fall for each other. If.. they were closer as real brother and sister.. the feeling of non-sibling love may not have emerged at all.

Don't adopted children became .. like the family's own but in the case of YE.. a blessings in disguise, perhaps.. the family's not-so-close ties was the factor that made DH sees YE differently and vice-versa.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the summary Dramaok! got the idea of every Episode more clearly since I watch it raw every weekend...and almost all the DH-YE scenes in Episode 3 were so sad...too bad for the "sibling" factor between them...and the mom and sis makes me puke as well...I hate them as well...poor YE, I don't think she is bad luck it was just coincidental that all this bad circumstances happened to her and hopefully when we get to the middle of the drama or near the end, I hope YE will be happy as well...

thanks for the pics Knuts, and Sunny for the OST and Rubie for the wallpapers...will try to save them all ^ ^ hopefully more people will join us on board since the story gets exciting every week!

many thanks to dramaok for the detailed summaries. :D so very happy to see u here. Can anyone post epi 3 & 4 in sendspace? after reading dramaok's summaries cant wait to watch it but cant dl from mega . :mellow: thanks in advance.

Hi there tehliwah! I was about to go offline when I saw the message. I tried uploading Ep.3 but Sendspace 'died' on me halfway. :wacko: It's already quite late now for me but if no one else uploads this, I'll definitely try again tomorrow. But I only have episode 3 since I've managed to watch episode 4 live last Sunday.

Winter Bird Episode 3 (109MB)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9vda2

"Winter Bird" OST

thank you!

is that ok to be given the lingerie this early on? i know their siblings in a way but the real relationship seemed to just have started? is this common in Korea without the malice or implications?

i think he's just being a tease. not to intend malice and she seems to have accepted it well. it's always fun to add a little sexual tension too don't you think? keke.

too bad for the "sibling" factor between them...and the mom and sis makes me puke as well...I hate them as well...poor YE, I don't think she is bad luck it was just coincidental that all this bad circumstances happened to her and hopefully when we get to the middle of the drama or near the end, I hope YE will be happy as well...

do you guys think YE and DH could be happy together? part of me wants them to have a passionate love. but part of me understands Mrs. Jeong's plight, even though she is a little too manipulative and evil.. but if i were in her position i'm not sure i'll be too happy about my son and my adoptive daughter becoming wife and husband.. but i think YE should be free to love who she wants too.. so i think there's some major hurtles in the relationship from within her and from the outside as well.

p.s.

i don't have ep. 3 in LQ but i have ep. 4 in LQ and will try to up to sendspace soon.

edit:

File Name: winter bird 04.asf

Size: 110MB | Description: winter bird 04

Download Link:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uezzs0

Thanks dramaok for episode 4 in Sendspace. I'm uploading episode 3 now, hope this time it gets through all the way.

Episode 3 link at post #164, also compiled at page1. :)

do you guys think YE and DH could be happy together? part of me wants them to have a passionate love. but part of me understands Mrs. Jeong's plight, even though she is a little too manipulative and evil.. but if i were in her position i'm not sure i'll be too happy about my son and my adoptive daughter becoming wife and husband.. but i think YE should be free to love who she wants too.. so i think there's some major hurtles in the relationship from within her and from the outside as well.

I guess it's a huge migraine for Mrs. Jeong.. as she might already planned someone for DH or something in YE's past that she could not really accept, completely. But YE being in her care, she did bring the girl up.. not as much as her own children but nothing really bad either, YE gets to work in a nice place.. be driven around, etc. Even under false pretenses... knowing that Mrs. Jeong pushes her around.. like a mother would, makes it's a bigger headache for YE to object to anything she said. But I totally agree that YE should be given the choice to choose the person she loves, in her own right.. even though it'll not be DH but someone she likes and not being tossed between any eligible men, one after another... which can be really suffocating. At this point.. she's just not ready to be married either.. she didn't even have the chance to think about herself. :blink:

thank you!

I wanted them to be happy together as well but under all circumstances as of now it can't happen but hopefully if Mrs. Jeong would give in in the end, even if YE was her adoptive daughter...I hate her but yeah I know there's a hidden reason behind that we will soon find out...and of course YE deserves to be happy since she had lived a really sad life until now...

thank u rubie and dramaok for uploading epi 3 n 4!

thank u rubie :lol: thank u dramaok :lol: for epi 3 n 4 sendspace link. yeah cant wait to watch! thank u thank u!

Glad to share whatever's possible. :D

Come join the talks and thoughts about the series, ok. Would love to hear them, too. :)

Guest babymarzy07

The background music is now playing on my pc non-stop :D .. wow, it's a really nice instrumental.. quite chirpy but has that bittersweet feeling lingeing on, obviously. Makes you think that the series is going to be one very long road for DH and YE especially. Seems her life is not hers at all, out of the adoptive family home.. but into another which is even worst, more misery & heartbreak waiting. With 46 episodes to come, there'll be twists and turns along the way.. one might be about YE's own background, what really happened that made Mr. Jeong took her in but not to make her as one of the family.

I think even though DH and YE already started way before their relationship but maybe.. because the practically grew up together, in the same house.. the "sibling" boundary is still quite visible but because of the strict non-existance relations stressed by Mrs. Jeong so clearly.. it's not really awkward for YE and DH to fall for each other. If.. they were closer as real brother and sister.. the feeling of non-sibling love may not have emerged at all.

Don't adopted children became .. like the family's own but in the case of YE.. a blessings in disguise, perhaps.. the family's not-so-close ties was the factor that made DH sees YE differently and vice-versa.

this mp3 is just part of the ost right? it hasnt been fully released?

the adoptive part of this story... i have heard of better adoptive families really...

im sure their relationship may not be of genuine love and concern to why they brought YE into their family.

it maybe guilt, remorse or or motives.

i dont feel that YE was given any chance to be part of the family

but more like a pawn for them

i dont think YE and DH did nto get the chance to establish that brother and sisterly bond...

like other dramas of the same adoptive sibling falling in love with the families daughter/son..

its like they didnt say i see her as my brother/sister..

i think its all in how the parents or environment makes their relationship work..

i think he's just being a tease. not to intend malice and she seems to have accepted it well. it's always fun to add a little sexual tension too don't you think? keke.

hahahha yes its a playful gesture i think. but i wasnt too sure how'd it come of to YE.. or to another person who sees it... :)

it adds more chemistry too i think ^^

hmmm.. i think that they wont enitrely be happy not if one party gives in and really wishes them blessings to be happy...

im not sure on how this is different from those other kdramas of the same kind of theme and situation but id think as an adoptive mother you'd want to see ur adoptive daughter find her own happiness and success in life. not cause you want something different but that you'd want to make things better for her. if she really raised YE as someone who she can love and treat as a real daughter then maybe she can really have her as part of her family. i know some people woul dbe happier that the person you like also will be part of your family than some other random rich, successful person that you treat more as a guest than part of family? im not sure how culture dictates though or it can only clearly say that Mrs. Jeong has other motives right? i dont know, id feel more secure in the thought that if i really knew that adoptive daughter and if i really have fondness for her and my son/daughter will be happy with them then id want to wish them happiness.. maybe that's too idealistic but just my POV...

Guest stumpy013

I'm loving this drama!!

ive missed the sappy, super sad, long, prdictable, cry your eyes out, bleed your heart out dramas of the past...

what can i say.... im a sucker for these kinds of dramas

^ It is getting more interesting, the series with intense emotions played out.. yet it might not be subbed.. since Winter Bird is going to be a 50-episode series. I might be wrong, though. :sweatingbullets:

But we'll never know, any surprise subbing plan will be greatly appreciated. At the moment, dramaok is providing the thread with much needed synopsis and very detailed description for the drama that it's really something we're totally thankful of.

The cast look awesome, Im downloading ep.1 now, but anyone kindly upload ep.2 on megaupload. Thanks :D

rubie, 50 eps? omg, Im dying, never seen a drama more than 30 eps before though :sweatingbullets:

Hi Knuts,

How will you be alone watching such a nice series :o ! We can see this thread is growing now :w00t: and believe that more of those silent readers will join in the the discussion with us soon :lol:

maneuneun, thank you :blush:

The cast look awesome, Im downloading ep.1 now, but anyone kindly upload ep.2 on megaupload. Thanks :D

rubie, 50 eps? omg, Im dying, never seen a drama more than 30 eps before though :sweatingbullets:

alexdan, is ep 2 HQ ok ? I have only HQ versions

rubie, thanks for the nice wallies! much better than what I found...LOL

stumpy013, nice to hear that enjoy it too :D

Winter Bird episode 2 (133 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9PPCMNZH

I think if the story is engaging enough and chemistry-wise, very intense.. 50 episodes might be too short. :P I'm not sure about others but Dear Heaven had 85 episodes and shown on the local tv, it became 100 episodes on the dot but I love watching it.. can't wait to watch the series each day. :blush:

If we can keep the discussion on Winter Bird interesting, that would be awesome. Let's hope for the best!

Hope you can download episode 2, enjoy! :D

Here is ep 2 Winter Bird HQ version (join files with HJsplit).

Winter.Bird.E02.KOR.HDTV.XViD-BADATV.avi.001 (244.14 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L8TSRCH4

Winter.Bird.E02.KOR.HDTV.XViD-BADATV.avi.002 (244.14 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BPCAYIM8

Winter.Bird.E02.KOR.HDTV.XViD-BADATV.avi.003 (211.96 MB)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1VF8WS65

I thought it was a bit strange that DH did not notice that YE was not in a happy mood in ep 3 at around 00:34 minutes? YE had just overheard some conversation of the mum downstairs, in which she had said something bad about YE. YE went upstairs. DH just came out of his room and handed her an envelope with info about studying abroad (?) and talked to her like nothing was wrong. I was wondering how come he did not notice that she was not in happy mood. DH may love YE very much, but he cannot read her, it seems. Maybe that is why she can see and marry another guy just under his nose and not be aware of it at all. It seems that DH is that kind of a guy, that needs to be told clearly everything otherwise he would not know about it, no?

Archived