So Ji Sub 소지섭 - Best Korean Actor & Rapper -

sojisubaddicted

Guest xoxoprincessxoxo1000
7 hours ago, cccsub said:

Based on Sojisubar on FB, the interview will be about his collectibles in his room and his affection for photography. Also, it will show some of his other favourite and merchandise for Minions, glass globes, hats and hip hop.

When there is a translation out, we can read about it and learn more!

I'm so excited for it!! 

I want to know about his Minions collection...sounds interesting HAHA

Oppa doesn't seem like the type of guy to collect Minions...the fact that he does it even makes him cuter!! Ah Jisub, this is why I love you! 

I'm glad this thread is moving faster than before..

I remember when I used to silently lurk on this forum it would take a week to move on to another page. But now there's more Jisubbers (That's what I'm calling our fandom haha its unofficial tho...or maybe its official?) so that means more posts!! 

Huge thanks to dear Jisub-aholic for the fantastic Valentine gift for actor So Jisub!!!:)

She wrote: "I think his charm is like gravity for me. I can't help loving him today, tomorrow, everyday. ^^

Happy Valentine day 2016!"

tumblr_o1tkfv7ntp1s6lc4do1_400.giftumblr_o1tkfv7ntp1s6lc4do2_400.giftumblr_o1tkfv7ntp1s6lc4do3_400.giftumblr_o1tkfv7ntp1s6lc4do7_r1_400.giftumblr_o1tkfv7ntp1s6lc4do5_400.giftumblr_o1tkfv7ntp1s6lc4do6_400.gif

• Like 10

Thank you @mathi for all updates & your super sweet articles.About your friend's praise, I didn't do much, Jisub's picture has already perfect . About "Sophie's Revenge", yeah...I also just found out that there was a cold war between FBB dg ZZY. All the actors/actresse  in SR, including Peter Ho has been my favorite for a long time. No wonder about the cold war, FBB and ZZY has been china movie queens. I think they actually compete for SJS, hahaha. But I always hoped they would get back together to make new project. Cooperation with Chinese artists seems an appropriate step for SJS to expand his wings to the most populous country. Thanks for the BTS pics Mathi, he looked super handsome. Jisub aholic's was right, Jisub is like gravity, attracts everyone toward the center, sojisub himself. Someone wrote to me at twitter, Sojisub could pull all fans from into a unity. :wub:

:w00t: Imagine what would happen if he said something like the following pic:w00t:

CaPDIGqWYAAyhzY.jpg

@chakitababe is right, this year will be a busy year for the prince charming. I wonder if he still has time for himself.  I heard SJS is also expected to win at SIA 2016 (Style Icon Award) for his cool appearance at OMV.

@xoxoprincessxoxo1000, I agree the terms jisubbers. I've started to greet friends here and twitter with jisubbers. All the new members give more freshness convo. I hope all can be actively talking here, don't be a silent reader. Whatever you're talking about of sojisub certainly has value. 

About his polkadot grey jacket at VIP yesterday...

CaLs98LUYAEDD4Z.jpg

it is the jacket that he worn at Let's Go Together Taiwan FM 2016

Sojisubar posted this video two days ago. I've ever saw this vid, don't know why sojisubar sis reposted at youtube. But it still worth to watch

[繁中/Eng]2014蘇志燮《好日子》刪減片段 So Jisub Deleted Scenes in OSD

please vote for Sojisub for SIA 2016 : http://sia.interest.me/survey ~ 1 day 1 vote CaLQBBKWQAEl11S.jpg

crd on pic.

• Like 6

Got this off of Sojisubar FB page. Reposted from a Korean fans IG. Translated it into English for you guys.

The fan was lucky enough to have caught Ji Sub at his office at 51K on February 3. She only had a piece of letter size/A4 size paper for his autograph. But he paused to ask his staff to bring out of of his photo from OMV with his autograph on it. Oh my sweet, sweet man <3

The fan's description:

"He is really tall and his face is really, really, really small. He said for me to wait for him when I only had a piece of A4 sized paper. He turned to his staff and said: bring my autographed photo here. He is so indifferent, very warming. This man is awesome, love you <3 :)"

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 19

Sojisubar on FB provided more updates for Ji Sub's interview in Grazia Magazine, to be released on February 5th.

They did a rough English translation on the excerpt from Grazia's FB page... not the best translation based on what I read from the Chinese version, but it should suffice for now!

According to the interview excerpt, Jisub's own opinion was reflected in this pictorial concept. He said, "Instead of doing a handsome pictorial, I want it to show my own personality". The shooting was done with DJ Juice and Soul Dive as well.

He also said that "If I think the thing's good, it's good, that's all. I won't try to reason for my own likings of an object. I coincidently found Minions and found them interesting, so I start to collect them." But he added that "I'm not addicted, I like a lot of things, but except for acting, I can throw away anything anytime. I don't want to feel pressured for liking something."

And picture time :)

grazia01.jpg

grazia02.jpg

• Like 9

12 hours ago, cccsub said:

The fan's description:

"He is really tall and his face is really, really, really small. He said for me to wait for him when I only had a piece of A4 sized paper. He turned to his staff and said: bring my autographed photo here. He is so indifferent, very warming. This man is awesome, love you <3 :)"

Oh my King....you're so kind..B)how could I forget you even just in a second ? :wub:

• Like 3

ATTENTION OH MY VENUS FANS!!! SHARE THIS!!

Recent post by Sojisubar FB:

‪#‎蘇志燮‬ 韓飯正在努力推進OMV 花絮DVD製作事宜,發佈了這個很可愛的粉紅毛線勾出來的宣傳圖呢!需要參與訂購的請參與 蘇志燮sojisub粉絲後援會的購買意向調查:http://goo.gl/forms/cRe8Zhzj0T 只有數量足夠,我們才有機會看到花絮呀 TT Korean fans are trying to persuade KBS to release OMV makings+NG as a DVD, but a certain pre-order quantity has to be met. If you're interested, you could go visit https://www.instagram.com/ohmyvenus_dvd/ and leave a comment there. (The cafe is temporarily not accessible)

886316_1693824077531766_8948189503885517

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, nani-lyfe said:

‪#‎蘇志燮‬ 韓飯正在努力推進OMV 花絮DVD製作事宜,發佈了這個很可愛的粉紅毛線勾出來的宣傳圖呢!需要參與訂購的請參與 蘇志燮sojisub粉絲後援會的購買意向調查:http://goo.gl/forms/cRe8Zhzj0T 只有數量足夠,我們才有機會看到花絮呀 TT Korean fans are trying to persuade KBS to release OMV makings+NG as a DVD, but a certain pre-order quantity has to be met. If you're interested, you could go visit https://www.instagram.com/ohmyvenus_dvd/ and leave a comment there. (The cafe is temporarily not accessible)

Hi nani-lyfe, I want this, too - thanks for sharing the link. I wish they could release this. I hope we could get to see the makings & NGs of this drama via DVD. :P

• Like 3

February 4, 2016

So Ji-sub takes photos with ‘Minions’

Top actor So Ji-sub graced the cover of fashion magazine Grazia in its February issue.

The 38-year-old, who recently starred in TV series “Oh My Venus,” took pictures with his favorite animated characters, “Minions”. 

“I happened to see the movie ‘Minions,’ and it was fun. I have been collecting Minion items ever since,” he said after the photoshoot, adding that he is not a Minion fanatic. “There are many things that I like but I can give up all these things for acting. I do not want to become stressed out by something I like.”

The full interview and more photos can be seen in the February issue of Grazia. 

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 11

My dear ladies,

Long time ago, Youngsosa Fans Club published a photo book (from all fans' works) gifted to actor SJS on his birthday. The book title was chosen carefully

"While Loving A Silent Star"

Indeed, he's a taciturn man, as our dear Sojisubaddicted referred to him on her beautiful interview graphics. The man might not talk much but he has his own ways to express his passions. Photography is one of them.

Today, I invite you, dears, to feel the beautiful life through SJS's eyes.  

All pictures in this post were taken by SJS himself in his photo essay 2007 which came to me via 51Sokingdom. That's why many notes here are in Chinese. However, people believe language from souls to souls is just the same.

Let's travel with SJS, my dearests,

to admire, 

to adore him, 

our Silent Star!!!

INTO YOUR MIND

attachment.aspx?attachmentid=3284213&q=1

cute_arrow_divider_by_bonbon_y-d621mwx.p

PART I

Spoiler

** Note: Please consider blue letters as the English translation of the Introduction and SJS's Essay.

Once upon a time, there was a lonely man spending his holiday in America.

He's a famous handsome man. People take thousands photos of him, still not enough to satisfy fans' hungry eyes. The man took many pictures on his way too. Here and there, lovely memories casting everywhere  then zoomed into his lenses. 

poRrDk8hj

SO JISUB

The World in His Eyes

On 31/07/2007, So Jisub Naver blog started issuing series “Photo Essay of So Jisub” _____ "All The Things He Likes." Six exhibitions during three months displayed his captures of the nature and city scenery while travelling in the US, New Zealand, Czechoslovakia .... He also added a short essay to go along with them, though brief, brought deep impressions to viewers.

Since 31/07/2007, this photo essay of his became the hot topic. By early September same year, the series had achieved 400,000 views.

Photography is So Jisub’s great passion, he used to share his own taken photos with fans on personal pages (www.sojisub.com). In November 2006, his fan club Youngsosa (Love SJS forever) had used these images for 2007 calendar and all the proceeds donated to the charity to help children in Korea, China, Japan.

Dear viewers, are you wondering what were the first impressions to his artist mind?

1. The Scene

The landscape looked from above on the airplane maybe or on a random mountain where the wind refreshed the man by its gentle fingers.

VQ2CIj.jpg

"Hello and Goodbye" these daily greetings are folding giant emotions that might leave one speechless. Dear human being, let's love the love, let's kiss the kiss. That what remains in our heart after all...

pmGHDS5Lj

*** The scene

Visible nature is all beautiful scenes.

SJS's scenes are quiet like the man himself:

pmldee0Kj

*** THE FLOW

The river runs, but the city seems halt. Water flows always, so does the state of mind…

Dawn turning on the lake; Ships resting peacefully by the riverbank; Or a small break by the lake, warm sun shining on the quiet countryside.

pm6UjjIkj

***  RECREATION

Feeling powerless. Seemingly can hear the sound of " collision " echoes from afar

The cheerful sweet shop was a contrast picture of the cemetery which was on dark tone. The cloudy sky is far and high conceals invisible power that human has never known, about life and death... Sweet or bitter all end in the same ground. SJS's scenes carried a colour of Zen that calm you down.

poVq1OGRj

*** Chocolate, Candy Apples

The bittersweet of city life

pm167uYTj

*** Co-exist

Living or Death co-exist under the same sky

2.The Memory

pn5owThQj

*** <THE BRIDE>

The Companion

(Stride) The moment before starting everything

poOAm3Z2j

*** The old sofa

Cushions, as hollow and as spotted with dirt… also recall countless memories.

pn9L6hMnj

*** <THE MOMENT>

Simple things sometimes captured me completely. Fluttered by these little memories

po3vtkN6j

*** <LOVE >

Feelings might never be the same (next time), trying to fold them all in one moment.

If devoid of LOVE, wonder one’s ever earned more freedom.

You have taken a ride into his memories, dear ladies. The beautiful little feet of a bride before her wedding, a warm and cosy space in each household... Piece by piece flashed by the wanderer on his long journey…

Is there anything more touching than the moment a man kneels down on one knee offers his heart to his lady? The art, the stories between men and women are never old. Jisub ah, you're also on the way searching for your love, aren't you? 

3.The City

pmTWYDRyj

pniE34ATj

*** Fanciful modern life and the continuous daily pressures, reasons to endure them are…

pmKK6bTqj

In a big city, buildings domain in the early morning sun promising a busy day ahead. 

Modern life always likes that, vibrants day or night. In the heart of New York city, in such a hurry, lovers would not forget to share a kiss.

This Starbucks Lovers Kissing photo showed strong taste of SJS's photography skill.

poowjd1zj  

Sojisubar shared:

"This photograph was published in the official website as early as August 2006, done in black and white versions, classified as "The City" series."

Same day posting this Kissing photo, Jisub also made the heading

"Sometimes ...wanted to breath."

hr-abhijit-sagade-03.gif

PART II

Spoiler

4.The Humming

This series presented feelings by colours.

Suddenly one day, watching the rain outside the window can create in you this unknown sadness. The humming of life, though quiet, leads people to an endless journey...

plzUKu2nj

*** -WAITING –

Toes seem move nonstop in the Land of Memoirs

pnTh4abxj

*** - ALLEY -

Look up and almost touch the forehead.

Memories while laughing and running through a narrow alley seem so close at hand

pmto65S1j

*** - Hummings * -

Now there is so much to say,

Instead…

* just buzzing

pl8RzLhAj

*** - SOMETIMES -

Sometimes want to keep going until exhausted.

5.The Childhood

An introvert child was missing his past. Where were the childhood under both Mom and Dad's care? That warm feelings had gone so far away... 

plC8psp5j

*** Old good memories can spring out from miscellaneous items. It’s like a day while tidy up the house, happen to find some old marbles and cards.

pnOYgMq2j

*** Graffiti Prohibition

The word "Prohibition" brings a tension to lure naughty children's curiosity into doing the opposite.

poAq4t7Nj

*** Unaware there was a protected area in childhood memories.

Not in the mind, but in a corner of my heart.

Hello Nick? Is that you?! Nick was his dog that died long time ago, still exists with the gorgeous owner in this nickname Sonick.

pl8BXSPKj

*** Some days, out of sudden, experienced the feelings of separation and loss from small animals.

Though knew how it was, the feelings seem as fresh as the first time it came.

plst8T0lj

*** Though not really mean it, acknowledge the how frighten a little snail being step on. Guilty carried on….. considered myself as this giant snail trying to chase after dreams speedily.

6.The Lasting

pnBYaNaqj

*** The charm of capturing just in a fraction of time.

plEyMdGOj

*** I think the black and white images always expose the silence, the everlasting no matter how much time passes by.

pmeE4CtRj

*** Maybe should let things go free like the water flowing continuously.

Leaving behind all problems to prepare for a new start.

cloud_divider_by_alysacelestia-d725ude.p

Last words,

As stubborn as a Scorpion could be, Mr. SJS has pursued his dreams and passions to max. No matter he is an Actor, a Rapper or a Photographer, he is awesome, as always…

This photo essay series, though not published as a book, has remained the pure value through time. Isn’t reading his mind a very private moment for each of us fan?

Is it possible to fall in love with the same man again and again??!!

Touched and happy saying goodbye to you, just for now, Jisub ah, actor So Jisub, saranghaeyo!!!

(Title picture credit to Huaren.us)

• Like 9

7 hours ago, nani-lyfe said:

Hi Jisubbers,

The Taiwan fan page is actually doing a tally as well of all those interested in buying this making-of DVD and a photo book. The minimum quantity is 1000 for the production company to consider production of it. Mind you there will be no caption and all is in Korean.

The Korean fan page is currently recording at 500 based on their numbers. But since their link at http://cafe.daum.net/OMVDVD1116 is not working right now and is in Korean, I suggest those that are interested to head over to the Google form link quoted by @nani-lyfe above.

• Like 4

February 4, 2016

So Ji-sub's pictorial with his favorite character Minions

Source: Starnews via Hancinema.net

photo682443.jpg

So Ji-sub's new pictorial with his favorite character Minions has captured the attention from the netizens.

Fashion magazine GRAZIA has produced the pictorial starring the hit drama, "Oh My Venus" actor So Ji-sub. The joyous moments of So Ji-sub surrounded by the cute props of Minions have been captured in the pictorial.

During the following interview, So Ji-sub revealed, "I don't try to explain the reasons for things that I like. When I saw the Minions, I thought it's interesting. So whenever I spot Minions collectibles, I started collecting them one by one".

He also added, "I rarely become indulged into something to the exent of okaku level. Except for acting, I like things only to the level that I can throw away those any time I want to. It's because I don't want to get stressed out because of things that I like".

More of his interview and pictorial can be seen in the GRAZIA issue published on February 5th.

• Like 3

Such an exciting day today!

First we have an interview from Grazia and now we have a update from Ji Sub's Weibo account and Fun Ground from his website. It's like Christmas in February :lol:

Screenshot of his Weibo update below and the original version of the photo can be found right under. Caption says "With Minions~"

image.jpg

image.jpg

Be sure to check out this video posted at Fun Ground on his site as well. It's a making-of video during his photo shoot for @star1. 

• Like 8