Ask The Ladies - Read First Post

Admin

Hey girls,

I have another gift question. What should I get for my friend who's returning to Japan? I'm really sad about this but she promised we'll still be friends. I want to get her something memorable yet not so expensive. It also has to be easy to pack and not heavy. Can I have some suggestions please?

Guest motherducker

@Meany-chan
This is going to sound a bit middle-school-ish, but maybe a handmade card with a well thought congratulatory/message? I find hand made gifts to be more sentimental then a store brought one and I've kept every Valentine, Christmas and hokey pokey cards I've accumulated over the years since my childhood, even if they were a bit ugly haha.
I was going to suggest something practical for her to use in Japan, but that'd be hard as Japan has almost everything that is practical and beyond lol. 

Yes, someone answer this please.

I find this actually annoying, personally.

I don't know why my sister insists on doing this constantly.

I would call someone a bro if i see them as a friend. Or to make things clear with the guy

I need more feedback on this:

If a girl just recently go into a relationship, not enough time to like the guy yet, have a crush/fall in love etc. for the first couple weeks while she is giving him a chance... what do you think the right think to do if the girl suddenly gets a crush on someone else?

At this stage, they are official, but she doesn't like him like that yet. I'm guessing a lot of young relationships start out like this because a guy thinks a girl is cute and asks her out, it's impossible to like him yet, but she gives him a chance, and they become official. I'm sure it's easy for some guy to swoop if she falls for him first.

@Ninshark it really depends on what kind of girl she is, like at @riti89 says above, some girls don't look anymore once they're official. I think it's best to talk to the girl and see where she is at that point and it's always up to the guy if he wants to keep going or not. 

@Lie

Neediness= wanting the girl's attention too much to the point of not even allowing her to hang out with her friends. You don't even give her space to do things by herself. I think any normal person would want their space.
Attentiveness= actually noticing positive things about the girl like "Oh, hey, you cut your hair. It looks nice."

@cristolephe

Everybody has their own preferences when it comes to body types. However, I can say that a girl doesn't want too much of anything, like not too muscles, not too much skinnyness or too much fat. I'm sorry if that offends anyone but I think basically too much of anything is bad. Attractiveness can be kinda...complicated. Take a chubby girl who went on a diet and lost 50 pounds for example. The girl might think she looks attractive but now her cheeks look hollowed out.  

My own preference is a lean body with some muscles. The face and the personality is more important to me.

RebeccaY also makes a good point about proportion.

@frenchtutor

I actually prefer guys who don't drink alcohol. I seriously thought there are no such thing as men who don't drink. I'm 23.

@writerstale

I believe that girl is trying to be one of the guys or she heard guys say it so much that it's ingrained into her. For a period in high school, I kept calling my girlfriends "dude" because my friend kept saying it.

@suju_lovee

Thanks for the suggestion. I decided to buy her onesies for her unborn baby and to draw a picture of her favorite anime and then I'll probably paint it. I thought I was the only one who keeps the old cards people give to her. ^_^

@x0ny

My definition of clingy? I guess if the guy does stalkerish things. Breathes down my neck, needs to know my every move, disapproves of me having guy friends, that type of thing.

Guest fairytaledreamer

how long into dating should you raise the topic of "where is this leading too?"how long is too soon?

I hate the uncertainty that comes from texting. What goes through a girl's mind when a guy takes awhile to text back? I'm writing 5 paragraph texts every time and there's a feeling of guilt that builds up in me when I don't reply right away. We're clicking extremely well ~ nothing intimate but I feel like its escalating. I've only known her for a week. 

Guest writerstale

ra123 said: I hate the uncertainty that comes from texting. What goes through a girl's mind when a guy takes awhile to text back? I'm writing 5 paragraph texts every time and there's a feeling of guilt that builds up in me when I don't reply right away. We're clicking extremely well ~ nothing intimate but I feel like its escalating. I've only known her for a week. 

Guest fairytaledreamer

@‌ writertales

Most girls are known to fall easily, quickly and hard so we don't like giving the other person more power than what we have over them.

Guest shoeperr

@radiocata tattoo is obviously a very big commitment, so (though this sounds cliched af) do whatever makes you feel more confident, rather than what other people like! in all seriousness!

@radiocat

You want the truth, correct? Half sleeve or calf tattoos don't interest me whatsoever. I do happen to know that some women like sleeve tattoos. Like someone else said, you should do the tattoo you want, not trying to appeal to women.

@writerstale

Because some guys tend to use a girl's vulnerability to their advantage. Maybe you're not that kind of guy but it does happen. A girl's gotta be careful.