Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

@sia3 I won't be going to the airport. Am afraid I might be spotted by my students or parents who are heading overseas! :PI am having a hard time deciding what to wear for the event in the evening! It's so hard to decide. I almost went bersek when my iphone 4 screen flickered on me and couldnt power up this morning while i was reading this thread!I hope my phone survives long enough till Wednesday so that i can use my phone and camera for the event!

jaslynkpl said: @sia3 I won't be going to the airport. Am afraid I might be spotted by my students or parents who are heading overseas! :PI am having a hard time deciding what to wear for the event in the evening! It's so hard to decide. I almost went bersek when my iphone 4 screen flickered on me and couldnt power up this morning while i was reading this thread!I hope my phone survives long enough till Wednesday so that i can use my phone and camera for the event!

leeminholoversindia said: ilwoo_aein said: Park Yuchun, Lee Min Ho, Jang Geun Suk: The Three Hallyu Wave Stars

>> Due to conservative shift, the low exchange rate of Yen and the Anti-Hallyu trend, Japanese market,the starting point of Hallyu, which provides the biggest demand, is shaking. Park Yuchun, Jang Geun Suk and Lee Min Ho are who maintain the existence of Hallyu during such period. They are three people who can represent Hallyu in the whole Asia beyond Japan in the future.
Article summary credit to: http://6002sky.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/park-yuchun-lee-min-ho-jang-geun-suk-the-three-stars-sustaining-the-shaken-hallyu-wave/

A little more detail about the new movie:

source: http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/69628/20131215/lee-min-ho-cast-lead-movie-gangnam-blues.htm

class="at_title"Lee Min Ho Cast as Lead in Movie 'Gangnam Blues' - On His Way to Becoming a Superstar

By Staff Writer | December 15, 2013 01:16 AM EST

After a successful ending to 2013 with the protagonist role in the wildly popular SBS Drama "The Heirs", Lee Min Ho will go straight to filming a movie in 2014.

Lee Min Ho's management company stated that he has been finalized as the protagonist in the movie "Gangnam Blues," aka "Land Gate, Gangnam 1970". The movie will be directed by 'star maker' director Yu Ha.

The movie was scripted by Yu Ha and details the rise of Gangnam as a major city and the political and social struggles behind it. The movie's genre will be action and noir.

Lee Min Ho will play the protagonist who faces the entire situation and faces a sad ending. There will be high-scale action scenes featuring Lee Min Ho as well. The film is already being touted as one of the most anticipated movies of 2014. It will be released late 2014.

Yu Ha is famous for directing "Once Upon a Time in Highschool" and "A Dirty Carnival". He is given the credit for catapulting the film careers of both Kwon Sang Woo (lead role in "Once Upon a Time in High School") and Cho In Sung (lead role in "A Dirty Carnival"). Whether or not the collaboration between Yu Ha and Lee Min Ho will produce another marquee superstar in Lee Min Ho.

Concerning the casting of Lee Min Ho, Yu Ha stated, "Many actors showed interest, but the role was Lee Min Ho's to lose. I had him in mind when I was writing the script. Lee Min Ho's manly looks and charisma will definitely be able to provide the necessary synergy."

Lee Min Ho's entertainment company stated that they are currently being bombarded with scripts. They added, "We already are in negotiations for projects that will come after the filming of the movie. Lee Min Ho will remain active during 2014."

adamfever said: Lee Min Ho's entertainment company stated that they are currently being bombarded with scripts. They added, "We already are in negotiations for projects that will come after the filming of the movie. Lee Min Ho will remain active during 2014."

Confession of the day: I really miss him, so I went and watched Heirs again, and surprisingly I was much more mesmerized with LMH/KT, how can that be possible? I thought I already had enough of him..... So I had to divert myself by doing other house chores. But then I find myself searching news about him, and I see this which says his net worth is $10mil with the last update in 2012. Has it been discussed here if it's true?

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/actors/lee-min-ho-net-worth/
class="networth_amount_subheader"How much is Lee Min Ho worth?$10 Million

Lee Min Ho net worth: Lee Min Ho is a South Korean actor who has a net worth of $10 million. Born on June 22nd 1987, Lee Min Ho had aspirations to become a soccer player, a dream that fall apart after he suffered an injury in the 5th grade of elementary school. He was in his second year of high school, when he turned to acting and made his debut with MBC's Love Hymn (2005), playing a minor character role. Min Ho landed his first leading role in 2007, when he portrayed Cha Gong Chan in SBS's 8-part high-school drama Mackerel Run. However, his career breakthrough came two years later when he got the lead part as Gu Jun-Pyo in Boys Over Flowers (KBS2), the Korean adaptation of the popular Japanese television drama Hana Yori Dango. Starring alongside Koo Hye Sun, Kim Bum and Kim Hyun Joong, his appearance in this show catapulted him to fame. Then followed another success with MBC TV drama Personal Taste, in which he played an ambitious young architect. In 2011, he starred along with actress and model Park Min Young, in the hit action drama City Hunter. The popularity of the series contributed to Min Ho's growing popularity in other parts of Asia including Japan, Philippines and China. After his significant roles in drama series, Min Ho took the #1 spot for Best Hallyu Star in a Japanese magazine dedicated to Korean dramas in June of 2012.

@myphim I think it's an honor as well for an actor when a writer writes a movie/drama specifically for them. Heirs was written specifically for lee min ho and now gangnam blues, i'm glad a lot of writers recognize his talent.

I shouldn't get my hopes up but the bits and pieces of insights of the story is very intriguing. I want to see Lmh play a rough character, one that's not completely good and pure but rather a stained and dirty character.

@adamfever I miss him as well, I am having post withdrawal symptoms.

shengvang said: @myphim I think it's an honor as well for an actor when a writer writes a movie/drama specifically for them. Heirs was written specifically for lee min ho and now gangnam blues, i'm glad a lot of writers recognize his talent. I shouldn't get my hopes up but the bits and pieces of insights of the story is very intriguing. I want to see Lmh play a rough character, one that's not completely good and pure but rather a stained and dirty character.

@adamfever I miss him as well, I am having post withdrawal symptoms.

@Sia3It's been raining in the late afternoon in Singapore. The airport is considerably small compared to other countries! I can't believe this! He's really on his way!!!! OMgggg... He looks just as awesome as always!!! I will be bringing my normal camera for the event.I wonder if there will be a crazy queue to get into the event. It's 100 people event so i hope people won't be queuing at early hours!