Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

18 minutes ago, Sherlly32 said:

Real Time Rating is 22.48 % - 26.6% But why Nationwide rating is 16.8%

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=108&aid=0002574460&lfrom=twitter

*** TV ratings are always significant to gauge which programs are more popular for broadcasting companies, advertising companies, and also fans. IDK also why SKorea has (2) different ratings. Both companies (AGB Nielsen & TNmS) use a research tool called People Meter that is attached to a Receptor. Any person can be included in the research, but families that have a member involved in the broadcasting business in some way are excluded. Now the question is, what makes the ratings have 2~3% differences between the two research companies? I guess the reason for this difference is that TNmS visits the households and includes “guests” that are watching TV into their studies thus increasing the percentage of certain TV Show, while AGB Nielsen does not. Because I think these percentage differences would mean a lot for advertising companies or broadcasting companies. I wish we could see identical numbers in the future so as not to create confusion. Otherwise, we see few percentage differences like we do now. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels.

When dramas play the ratings game they win or they die. Death can mean simply losing money or being quickly forgotten. A badly performing drama can have its EP count reduced or dropped entirely. Currently, the motto going around the drama industry is “3-EPs.” If a drama doesn’t get good ratings within three episodes it’s unlikely to have a good run later on. Therefore, the lead to the pilot EP is as important as the broadcast itself. Despite all the tricks in the industry, in the end a drama’s job is to entertain its audience.

Neilsen Korea measures the popularity of TV shows based on the number of views of related news stories, keyword searches and mentions on social media. :P

• Like 2

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" Lee Min-ho saves Jeon Ji-hyeon and says "I missed you"

photo790551.jpg

Lee Min-ho saved Jeon Ji-hyeon from danger.

On the fifth episode of the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea", Se-hwa (Jeon Ji-hyeon) was saved by Dam-ryeong (Lee Min-ho).

Dam-ryeong saved Se-hwa who was in danger of being attacked by Yang's (Seong Dong-il) men.

He then asked her if she was alright and said, "I missed you".

Dam-ryeong then pointed to some flowers by the road and said, "Something you have that I don't, memories".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

Translation : Hancinema

"The Legend of the Blue Sea" Lee Min-ho gives Jeon Ji-hyeon last chance to talk

photo790573.jpg

Lee Min-ho asked Jeon Ji-hyeon about what happened in Spain.

On the fifth episode of the SBS drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea", Heo Joon-jae (Lee Min-ho) felt weird about himself who was feeling weird towards Sim Cheong (Jeon Ji-hyeon).

Heo Joon-jae asked her to tell him what happened between them in Spain but she wouldn't tell him.

Heo Joon-jae said, "You might be good at waiting, but I'm not, so tell me what happened or you'll have to get out of here".

Source : www.sportsseoul.com/n...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 2

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Warm Layers

Welcome back to For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

It’s a cold season in Korea. Most of the photoshoots don’t just stop at the overcoat. There are a number of layers of clothing involved when staging the look, and these are just a few of them — mostly turtlenecks!

(skipped unrelated.....)

20161129_seoulbeats_leeminho_harpersbazaar_2.png20161129_seoulbeats_leeminho_harpersbazaar.png

source : seoulbeats

• Like 2

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003441363&gid=999339&cid=1051062

Translation of K-netizen's comments for OSEN news.
(According to Chinese translation by K-Day韓流菌  :
http://www.weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404047846734184336#_0)

1. JJ's stalking is so cute.

2. LMH will be more popular because of this drama.

3. HJJ, heartthrob, love him.

4. LMH, both DR and JJ are so handsome.

5. Variety charms, totally amazing last night.

6. HJJ is more and more charming, and I love him more and more.

7. LMH's charm burst out, attractive.

8. HJJ's charm burst out. LMH is handsome and has excellent acting skills.

The news is reporting that mermaid is an unique character, and in comparison with JJH's cute acting, it seemed LMH could not shine himself in the drama LOTBS. But gradually viewers have stuck on LMH's charms.
In the past life, he used his charisma and actions to protect JJH, and in modern times, he pretended he's not interested in JJH but actually took care of her. LMH is really outstanding in episode 5.
LMH who played the character of HJJ got very good appreciations. He portrayed the character to be attractive and perceptual. His acting is more and more skillful.

• Like 7

On 11/30/2016 at 7:20 AM, Chellsee said:

30Nov2016: LOTBS new stills. :heart:

Link: http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000678112

Reveal hidden contents

Cyd0RoUUsAA-UDc.jpg

Hi Chellsee, thanks for sharing this photos. I suspect they filmed this scene in Nami Island.....especially the scene where both were riding in a horse. I hope this will break a 20% ratings. So far, it’s respectable. I like what I’m seeing. It’s just that the pacing is a little bit slower this time. BTW, I heard that Jo Jung Suk will be making a special cameo in “The Legend of the Blue Sea” to support Jun Ji Hyun, who is a senior in the same agency, & Park Jin Joo as well. These two actors will make their appearances in episode 6 (airing tonight, December 1) and episode 7 (airing December 7). :P

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0003441363&gid=999339&cid=1051062

Translation of K-netizen's comments for OSEN news.
(According to Chinese translation by K-Day韓流菌  :
http://www.weibo.com/ttarticle/p/show?id=2309404047846734184336#_0)

1. JJ's stalking is so cute.

2. LMH will be more popular because of this drama.

3. HJJ, heartthrob, love him.

4. LMH, both DR and JJ are so handsome.

5. Variety charms, totally amazing last night.

6. HJJ is more and more charming, and I love him more and more.

7. LMH's charm burst out, attractive.

8. HJJ's charm burst out. LMH is handsome and has excellent acting skills.

The news is reporting that mermaid is an unique character, and in comparison with JJH's cute acting, it seemed LMH could not shine himself in the drama LOTBS. But gradually viewers have stuck on LMH's charms.
In the past life, he used his charisma and actions to protect JJH, and in modern times, he pretended he's not interested in JJH but actually took care of her. LMH is really outstanding in episode 5.
LMH who played the character of HJJ got very good appreciations. He portrayed the character to be attractive and perceptual. His acting is more and more skillful.

thank you soooo much sister, we can't read without you , you are wonderful , I hope you can translate us always :wub:

• Like 4

[Drama Review] 'The Legend of The Blue Sea' - Episode 5

Link: http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/12/drama-review-the-legend-of-the-blue-sea-episode-5

lee-min-ho,jun-ji-hyun

'The Legend of The Blue Sea' is building up more suspense through its dynamic plot as fans can't resist dropping everything they are doing just to see when Jun Ji Hyun will confess to Lee Min Ho that she is a mermaid, along with the results of other various situations.

While episode four previously laid out more of a storyline for viewers to enjoy, especially regarding the repetitive fate that can be from the Joseon Era and Lee Min Ho's mother, episode 5 seemed to turn things tame again.

jun-ji-hyun_1480634471_bluesea4.jpg

When you just can't trust your man when he is on the phone.

Read more under spoiler.

I was expecting more danger to occur from the cliffhanger episode four left us on, but as always K-Dramas just leave your heart racing over nothing. Ma Dae Young (the murderer hired by Ahn Jin Joo) simply stares eerily at Jun Ji Hyun as he tries to enter Lee Min Ho's home, but Lee Min Ho arrives right on time and questions Ma Dae Young with suspicion before Ma Dae Young runs off into the darkness. Now that he knows where Lee Min Ho lives, I am expecting a plethora of problems to come - not only for Lee Min Ho but also his friends as well.

jun-ji-hyun_1480634245_bluesea2.png

Once again, the directors of K-Dramas are excellent at casting their characters. The evil Ma Dae Young (the present day incarnate of the devious nobleman from the Joseon Era) really carries a sinister atmosphere around him and his uncanny way of spotting Jun Ji Hyun wherever she goes is unsettling.

Hopefully, Lee Min Ho's step-brother and father can intervene in Ahn Jin Joo's plans of having Lee Min Ho killed (which they appear to be trying to do at least) before it is too late!

jun-ji-hyun_1480634433_bluesea5.jpg

When he says it was his mom but you still don't trust yo man.

Episode five did offer a lot more humor and continues to have me in stitches from Jun Ji Hyun's expressions or when she bites Cha Si Ha's finger when called a "bloodsucking parasite."

Let's also take a moment to appreciate the homeless woman in Gangnam who is, to put it simply, a walking fashion icon! She, alongside the little girl Jun Ji Hyun meets, seems to offer a lot of great advice, heartwarming dialogue and indirect context Jun Ji Hyun can use in future episodes. I love that these secondary characters are given huge significance to the development of Jun Ji Hyun's life on land and the overall plot.

jun-ji-hyun_1480634531_bluesea6.jpg

The face I make when I judge basics in public.

However, humor aside, the intense, dark and dynamic story suddenly came to a standstill as this episode focused more on Lee Min Ho's relationship with Jun Ji Hyun in the present time.

Lee Min Ho can't seem to find a way to separate himself from Jun Ji Hyun, no matter how cold-hearted he may act. I mean, he goes as far as putting a tracker in the cell phone he purchases for her. Good intentions are always shrouded with an interior motive, I suppose. But this was a crucial asset in the show's progression, more than you'd think - especially when Lee Min Ho follows her to Gangnam and discovers Jun Ji Hyun really was waiting to confess her secret at Namsan Tower.

jun-ji-hyun_1480634241_bluesea.jpg

Looking for a fxxk to give like...

Yet we are left with another huge cliffhanger as right before Jun Ji Hyun can meet with Lee Min Ho at Namsan Tower in order to tell him something she "can only tell on the first day of snowfall," Jun Ji Hyun is struck by a car! Like, totes cliche, but still jaw-dropping!

I think the only reason this car accident was more fatal is simply the 'fact' that a mermaid can never damage their legs while they walk on land as a human or else they suffer dire consequences - which I assume is that she can never become a mermaid or swim again.

jun-ji-hyun_1480634248_bluesea3.jpg

But mom, do I have to go to school? *Cries in bed*
As the camera zooms in on Jun Ji Hyun's tearful face and the credits begin to roll up, viewers can only sit, cry and pray for Lee Min Ho to come to her rescue, somehow, in episode six!

• Like 2