Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

The next hit K-drama?

st_20161107_buzz07xwsi_2721888.jpg?itok=

Legend Of The Blue Sea, the K-drama that features superstars Lee Min Ho and Gianna Jun and which looks to be a sure-fire hit, will premiere exclusively on pay-television channel One in Singapore on Nov 17.

The eagerly anticipated show is by screenwriter Park Ji Eun, who also wrote the mega hit My Love From The Star (2013-2014).

Inspired by a Choson dynasty (1392-1910) story about a fisherman who catches and releases a mermaid, the drama will star Lee (The Inheritors, 2013) in a dual role, as the son of a noble family in imperial Korea and a modern-day con artist.

Returning to TV after she gave birth to a boy in February, Jun (My Love) will play a mermaid who ends up in Seoul. Legend will feature underwater scenes filmed in the island nation of Palau and the coastal scenery of Spain.

Industry watchers have predicted that the show may break the sales record set by Descendants Of The Sun, according to The Korea Herald. A Chinese media company is said to have offered 590 million won (S$715,000) an episode for rights to Legend.

Forbes.com said Chinese online video firm iQiyi paid US$250,000 (S$345,000) an episode to stream Descendants in China.

•Legend Of The Blue Sea will air on One (StarHub TV Channel 820 and Singtel TV Channel 513) on Thursdays and Fridays at 8:10pm from Nov 17.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/the-next-hit-k-drama

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

The next hit K-drama?

Legend Of The Blue Sea, the K-drama that features superstars Lee Min Ho and Gianna Jun and which looks to be a sure-fire hit, will premiere exclusively on pay-television channel One in Singapore on Nov 17.

The eagerly anticipated show is by screenwriter Park Ji Eun, who also wrote the mega hit My Love From The Star (2013-2014).

Inspired by a Choson dynasty (1392-1910) story about a fisherman who catches and releases a mermaid, the drama will star Lee (The Inheritors, 2013) in a dual role, as the son of a noble family in imperial Korea and a modern-day con artist.

Returning to TV after she gave birth to a boy in February, Jun (My Love) will play a mermaid who ends up in Seoul. Legend will feature underwater scenes filmed in the island nation of Palau and the coastal scenery of Spain.

Industry watchers have predicted that the show may break the sales record set by Descendants Of The Sun, according to The Korea Herald. A Chinese media company is said to have offered 590 million won (S$715,000) an episode for rights to Legend.

Forbes.com said Chinese online video firm iQiyi paid US$250,000 (S$345,000) an episode to stream Descendants in China.

•Legend Of The Blue Sea will air on One (StarHub TV Channel 820 and Singtel TV Channel 513) on Thursdays and Fridays at 8:10pm from Nov 17.

http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/the-next-hit-k-drama

Hi Chellsee, thanks for sharing this. I'm really crossing my fingers that his upcoming drama will be a HIT! Every time I get to see new stills from the drama it gets my heart pumping! And I'm happy that Cha Tae Hyun will have a surprise cameo in this drama & reuniting with JJH again after many years. The cameo scene includes her as well. There are a large number of cameos lined up for the upcoming drama. :P

• Like 2

Comeback drama for Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun to air in Singapore

Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun in

Top Korean drama stars Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun have teamed up for a new drama, “Legend Of The Blue Sea”, that will air in Singapore on 17 November.

The 20-episode series marks Lee Min Ho’s return to the small screen three years after “The Heirs”, as well as the first TV project for Jun Ji Hyun, who gave birth to a baby boy earlier in February.

Touted as a highly anticipated comeback drama for both the drama’s main leads, it is also reportedly Lee Min Ho’s final TV drama before his army enlistment.

The fantasy-romance series is inspired by an old Korean folktale about a fisherman who captures and releases the world’s last mermaid.

“Legend Of The Blue Sea” includes a modern twist on the classic story by bringing the mermaid (Jun Ji Hyun) to the present, where she meets a conman (Lee Min Ho) and learns to adjust to life on land.

“Legend Of The Blue Sea” premieres on SONY Channel ONE on 17 November and airs every Thursday and Friday at 8.10pm, within 24 hours of its Korean telecast.

Lee Min Ho plays the genius conman Heo Joon Jae in

Legend of the Blue Sea - Jun Ji Hyun

ONE is available in Singapore through Singtel TV Ch 513 & 604, StarHub TV Ch 124, 820 & 823.

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/comeback-drama-for-lee-min-ho-and-jun-ji-hyun-to-air-in-singapore-052800891.htm

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Chellsee said:

Comeback drama for Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun to air in Singapore

Top Korean drama stars Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun have teamed up for a new drama, “Legend Of The Blue Sea”, that will air in Singapore on 17 November.

The 20-episode series marks Lee Min Ho’s return to the small screen three years after “The Heirs”, as well as the first TV project for Jun Ji Hyun, who gave birth to a baby boy earlier in February.

Touted as a highly anticipated comeback drama for both the drama’s main leads, it is also reportedly Lee Min Ho’s final TV drama before his army enlistment.

The fantasy-romance series is inspired by an old Korean folktale about a fisherman who captures and releases the world’s last mermaid.

“Legend Of The Blue Sea” includes a modern twist on the classic story by bringing the mermaid (Jun Ji Hyun) to the present, where she meets a conman (Lee Min Ho) and learns to adjust to life on land.

“Legend Of The Blue Sea” premieres on SONY Channel ONE on 17 November and airs every Thursday and Friday at 8.10pm, within 24 hours of its Korean telecast.

ONE is available in Singapore through Singtel TV Ch 513 & 604, StarHub TV Ch 124, 820 & 823.

https://sg.style.yahoo.com/comeback-drama-for-lee-min-ho-and-jun-ji-hyun-to-air-in-singapore-052800891.htm

Chellsee, thanks for sharing this. Wow, lucky those who are out there that they could get to see the drama. I know that LMH plays a master con artist in the modern-day timeline, but I’m curious to know what his character is like as pictured here wearing hanbok. I hope this drama is as good as it looks.  JJH looks so flawless and LMH looks handsome in every still cuts. Please be good. I just can't wait for this drama to unfold… Love the storyline. :P

• Like 3