Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint; Completed drama Pachinko Season 2 on Apple TV+

CarolynH

Actors Lee Min ho and Jun Ji hyun confirm to star on SBS drama “Legend of the Blue Sea”

Hallyu stars Lee Min ho and Jun Ji hyun has been confirmed to star in the upcoming SBS drama "Legend of the Blue Sea".

The drama is set to air in November taking the slot of "Incarnation of Envy" on SBS and will be airing every Wednesday and Thursday. Park Ji-eun, the screenwriter of the hit drama "My Love from the Star," will write the script and Jin Hyuk, who also collaborated with Lee Min ho, on his drama "City Hunter, will be the director of the "Legend of the Blue Sea".

The drama is reported to be a fantasy romance, with the grasp concept of the first Korean historical mermaid story. It is also said to be "an adaptation of Danish author Hans Christian Andersen's most prized fairy tale, "The Little Mermaid"."

Many insiders are predicting that this new drama will be taking over the mega-hit drama of 2016 which is "Descendants of the Sun" since it is a collaboration of great artists and production staff who also garnered a lot of accomplishments based on their previous works.

The production company, Culture Depot, said, "From the beginning stages, writer Park Ji Eun created characters matching Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, thinking of them as the best couple. The lead actors also decided to work on the drama because they believe in the writer and the director. You can look forward to their chemistry, which will be beyond one's imagination." As Soompi quoted the statement of the production company.

This drama will be the comeback of Jun Ji hyun on the small screen since her hiatus after giving birth to her child same as Lee Min ho's comeback to TV screens after three years.

http://www.newseveryday.com/articles/44319/20160530/actors-lee-min-ho-and-jun-ji-hyun-confirm-to-star-on-sbs-drama-legend-of-the-blue-sea.htm

• Like 8

Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho's income? Several millions

photo728993.jpg

Everyone wants to know Jeon Ji-hyeon and Lee Min-ho's income.

In the recent tvN show "List of Names", a list of stars at the glory of their careers were listed.

Jeon Ji-hyeon came in third. She became an Asian star after playing the role of Cheon Song-ee in the 2014 drama "My Love from the Star".

Thanks to her new earned popularity, Jeon Ji-hyeon featured in 25 ads that year. She was getting 20 billion won in just advertisements alone.

Lee Min-ho caught up quickly with top stars in the Chinese region.

Lee Min-ho made about 1.4 billion won in Taiwan for his 'massage chair' ad and it turns out it was the most anyone has ever been paid for an ad.

Meanwhile, the two have been cast for the drama "The Legend of the Blue Sea".

Source : www.segye.com/content...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 5

Lee Min-ho, Jun Ji-hyun cast for new SBS TV series

SEOUL, May 30 (Yonhap) -- South Korean superstars Lee Min-ho and Jun Ji-hyun have been cast for an upcoming television series, a local network said Monday.

Seoul Broadcasting Station (SBS) said the A-lister duo will take the top roles in the series of which the Korean title is roughly translated as "Legend of the Blue Sea."

The network said the romantic fantasy series is based on an ancient Korean myth about a mermaid.

The new series, expected to air in November, is generating excitement among Korean drama fans as Park Ji-eun, the screenwriter of the mega-hit "My Love from the Star," will write the script.

Lee will star in a local television series for the first time in three years since "The Heirs."

According to Jun's agency Culture Depot, the writer created the characters with the two stars in mind, and the two celebrities in turn expressed deep faith in the writer and wasted no time in deciding to join the series.

The production will be led by producer Jin Hyuk, whose previous works include "City Hunter," "The Master's Sun" and "Doctor Stranger," all SBS series and popular in China.

The combination of the two pan-Asia stars and high-performing production staff is expected to spur interest in the upcoming series in the country.

South Korean stars Lee Min-ho (L) and Jun Ji-hyun (R) (Yonhap)

South Korean stars Lee Min-ho (L) and Jun Ji-hyun (R) (Yonhap)

jaeyeon.woo@yna.co.kr

(END)

credit : Yonhap News

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Yippeuni said:

Wow .... $500.000USD per episode is very far from previous highest record own by DOTS that sold approx $270.000 USD per episode to China and Japan. 500 thousand surely more than 10 times numbers of JJH previous drama My love from another star that sold $35.000 per episode and also break another record for LMH on his previous drama "Heirs" that sold $30.000 per episode to China.

Also this new LMH and JJH drama will be half pre-produced... so maybe when the drama first aired they already finish half of the full episodes shoot. This year is full with great comeback, and one of them is this.

No one is not knowing LMH, and everyone always anticipate his drama since Boys Over Flowers, though I never  fan of his movie (but who now I wiill like Bounty Hunter, since the teaser is very interesting) but I always anticipate his drama. 

LMH will have great chemistry with JJH, no doubt hehehehe he played well with other noonas in his previous drama kekekekekek 

Hi Yippeuni, that’s pretty remarkable, given that nothing’s been filmed yet. That’s one way to get money. I have been waiting for you LMH.. in the small screen. It’s been quite a while since “The Heirs”. I won’t lie that I missed my boy extremely too much. What a casting coup indeed! We will surely have another MEGA HIT! LOL - I’m being too optimistic. Why not, his fan club will be present in full strength … and that’s a good thing. I’m pretty sure we can count on a happy ending. Whatever.....just as long as it’s not a lame ending. I have high expectations for this drama! I heard that they’re planning for a 20-episode run on SBS. When the news came out that LMH confirmed he's taking this it made my day… LMH as mermaid, or rather merman, think of all those shirtless scenes he has to film. I’m holding out hope that LMH is the mermaid/man. I wonder what her character in this drama will be like. I want a funny Jeon Ji Hyun. She is awesome. This will be preproduced since they have to submit the drama in full to the C-broadcasting agency for them to pass before it can be streamed or aired. I guess preproduced for simultaneous airing in China as well? I’ll watch anything where LMH is. This is gonna be exciting! Bring it on! I can’t wait for this to come around. I am so in! :P

• Like 4

*** Sounds like it will be a very hyped up drama. I hope it will live up to its hype. I'll be watching this. :P

May 31, 2016

Jeon Ji-hyun, Lee Min-ho to Star in New TV Series

Jeon Ji-hyun (left) and Lee Min-ho

Top stars Jeon Ji-hyun and Lee Min-ho will appear in a new TV series, which is scheduled to air on SBS in November.

The upcoming fantasy romance, inspired by a mermaid story from Korea's first historical storybook, will be written by Park Ji-eun, who wrote the mega hit drama "My Love from the Star."

"Park thought Jeon and Lee would make the best couple when planning the project, so she created the main characters with them in mind," the producer of the new series said. "The two also readily decided to appear in the drama as they trust the writer and director."

Jeon previously starred in "My Love from the Star," and Lee in "The Heirs," both of which became huge hits not only in Korea but in China and other Asian nations.

englishnews@chosun.com / May 31, 2016 10:39 KST

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Moonrain said:

Jun Ji Hyun And Lee Min Ho Finally Officially Confirmed For “My Love From The Star” Writer’s New SBS Drama

Actors Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun have officially confirmed their appearance in writer Park Ji Eun’s new drama.

Although news has been coming out as if it was confirmed previously, it was mostly from the mouths of industry insiders. Now there is actual confirmation from the drama’s production company, as well as a schedule and broadcasting station.

The drama, with the working title “Legend of the Blue Sea,” will star Lee Min Ho and Jun Ji Hyun, airing on SBS, Wednesdays and Thursdays, starting in November. It is slated to premiere after the end of “Incarnation of Envy.” The drama is a fantasy romance, taking its motif from the mermaid/merman story in Korea’s first historical (romance) storybook. In the Joseon-era storybook, it is recorded that real-life figure Kim Dam Nyeong returned mermaids/mermen that were caught fisherman back to the sea.

Writer Park Ji Eun previously wrote the hit drama “My Love From My Star,” which also starred Jun Ji Hyun, working alongside Kim Soo Hyun. The director of the new drama is Jin Hyuk, who has worked with Lee Min Ho in the past on “City Hunter.”

The production company, Culture Depot, stated, “From the beginning stages, writer Park Ji Eun created characters matching Jun Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, thinking of them as the best couple. The lead actors also decided to work on the drama because they believe in the writer and the director. You can look forward to their chemistry, which will be beyond one’s imagination.”

Source (1)

Via Soompi

Hi Moonrain, thanks for sharing more about this news. LMH’s last drama projects broadcasted on SBS. He seems to be loyal to this network, huh? I’m probably biased when it comes to LMH...... :P

• Like 1

L20160531.99002093725i1.jpg

http://www.kookje.co.kr/news2011/asp/newsbody.asp?code=0500&key=20160531.99002093725

An article by a senior reporter :   ( my translation is according to Chinese translation by 李敏镐吧网宣)

[Showbiz BTS] A short phase for Actor Lee Min Ho 

I interviewed Lee Min Ho who won the best rookie award by KBS2 Boys Over Flowers in the 45th PaekSang Art Awards in Feb. 2009. Before the starting of awards ceremony, Lee Min Ho came laming to the interview area, he said he fell down at the red carpet. At the time the other reporters were talking about the coming celebrities, the hits of the video - "Lee Min Ho falling down" in internet had been already over one million.

Lee Min Ho's debut in 2003 KBS drama '반올림' has not shone until BOF. His starring film 'Our School ET' in 2008 did not succeeded in box office either. Maybe he's very hard during this six years from his debut to becoming a star.

The first impression Lee Min Ho gave me is his 'decorum', not particularly fastuous as those just became a star. He was different from those picky stars who said "I do have to stand in line ?" when entering the ceremony. The memory from him is a very pleasant interview to an upright young man. And even today, I often heard the admiration that "Lee Min Ho is a polite young man" around me.

Heard that Lee Min Ho would film SBS November drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" with JJH. Through 13 years, I'm watching him from a positive young man growing to an actor with perseverance. Not only his handsome looking and acting skills, but also 'consistent courtesy and manners' are the secrets of his success.

Spoiler

006eA78Fjw1f4egb0l2c7j313p1m1dvu.jpg

• Like 9

Actor Lee Min-ho to return with upcoming drama

Actor Lee Min-ho on Monday posted a picture on social media to announce his return to the silver screen.

In the picture, he is wearing a red jacket over a white shirt. Under the photo, he wrote with a hashtag that his new Korean drama is coming soon.

Lee Min-ho (MYM Entertainment)

On Monday, it was announced that Lee’s next project is TV drama “The Legend of the Blue Sea” with actress Jun Ji-hyun. The drama is penned by star writer Park Ji-eun, who was also behind the dramas “My Love from the Star” and “The Producers.”

The project marks Jun’s return to the silver screen after taking a hiatus to have a child, as well as Lee’s return after three years.

“The Legend of the Blue Sea” is loosely based on Hans Christian Andersen’s fairy tale “The Little Mermaid” and is slated to air in November.

By Ahn Sung-mi (sahn@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 8

2 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

http://www.kookje.co.kr/news2011/asp/newsbody.asp?code=0500&key=20160531.99002093725

An article by a senior reporter :   ( my translation is according to Chinese translation by 李敏镐吧网宣)

[Showbiz BTS] A short phase for Actor Lee Min Ho 

I interviewed Lee Min Ho who won the best rookie award by KBS2 Boys Over Flowers in the 45th PaekSang Art Awards in Feb. 2009. Before the starting of awards ceremony, Lee Min Ho came laming to the interview area, he said he fell down at the red carpet. At the time the other reporters were talking about the coming celebrities, the hits of the video - "Lee Min Ho falling down" in internet had been already over one million.

Lee Min Ho's debut in 2003 KBS drama '반올림' has not shone until BOF. His starring film 'Our School ET' in 2008 did not succeeded in box office either. Maybe he's very hard during this six years from his debut to becoming a star.

The first impression Lee Min Ho gave me is his 'decorum', not particularly fastuous as those just became a star. He was different from those picky stars who said "I do have to stand in line ?" when entering the ceremony. The memory from him is a very pleasant interview to an upright young man. And even today, I often heard the admiration that "Lee Min Ho is a polite young man" around me.

Heard that Lee Min Ho would film SBS November drama "Legend of the Blue Sea" with JJH. Through 13 years, I'm watching him from a positive young man growing to an actor with perseverance. Not only his handsome looking and acting skills, but also 'consistent courtesy and manners' are the secrets of his success.

Reveal hidden contents

006eA78Fjw1f4egb0l2c7j313p1m1dvu.jpg

Hi gtLmh, thanks for sharing this translation with us here. So excited for his upcoming drama. I really hope that this drama will be successful since this will be his last project before enlistment. I really hope it turns out to be good as LMH deserves a good storyline. Can’t wait to see these two sparks.  Cheers. :P

• Like 2

@Moonrain Chingu are you back for good? winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

I don't mind a shirtless LMH but no thanks to him being a merman.....let's leave the tails to JJH :lol:

e3970d78jw1f4ey8dpm4oj20ju0rsjvv.jpg

cr auraminho

On another note, MYM website is already open!  However, it crashed due to heavy traffic from very eager Minoz :w00t:

e3970d78jw1f4f0dp7sehj20hs0m740i.jpg

Cjy0dSAUUAAxlUn.jpg

cr minamitake

• Like 10

Even VARIETY has jumped into the fray :)

Gianna Jun and Lee Min-ho to Star in Korean TV Series ‘Blue Sea’

jun-and-lee.jpg?crop=0px%2C0px%2C866px%2

Korean super stars Gianna Jun (“Assassination”) and Lee Min-ho (“Bounty Hunters”) will appear together in new Korean TV series, “The Legend of the Blue Sea.”

The drama will mark a return to the small screen for both Jun and Lee after a hiatus of three years for both idols. The show, which will air on SBS from November, has strong chances of expanding the Asian and, increasingly, global success of Korean TV dramas.

Directed by Jin Hyuk, who previously made Lee-starring “City Hunter,” the new series will be written by Park Ji-eun, the scriptwriter of 2013 pan-Asian megahit “My Love from the Star,” in which Jun played the female lead. According to the production company, Culture Depot, “Blue Sea” is a fantasy romance drama based on a mermaid story from Korea’s first collection of unofficial historical tales.

Jun’s “My Love” and Lee’s previous TV work “The Heirs” were both huge hits in China. Despite “Blue Sea” still being at pre-production stage, it is already receiving enormous attention from Chinese video platforms. Rumors – denied by Culture Depot — suggest that a Chinese video streaming service platform had offered to bid $500,000 per episode. That would be almost double the price paid by iQiyi for this year’s megahit, KBS’s “Descendants of the Sun.”

“The scriptwriter has thought Jun and Lee would be the perfect combination from the very beginning, and designed the characters for them. The actors also trusted the writer and the director so much that they confirmed their participation immediately,“ said Culture Depot in a statement.

SOURCE

• Like 8

Min Ho´s Good Day

minho__420main_program_r_420x0.jpg

After a long time, here is the episode 12 of Min Ho´s Good Day. Special thanks to  @gtLmh0622 who help us to translate this and the nexts episodes.Thank you and enjoy it. 

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4dkm0l

Min ho´s Good Day E12 English and Spanish subs
Cr. KNTV 
English Translation: gtLmh0622

You can find previous episodes here:http://www.dailymotion.com/woodalchisminoz

• Like 9

Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun confirm new fantasy romance drama Legend of the Blue Sea

27931b9d-b338-4a3f-b92b-45caaf0c7558.jpg

It's official! You're not dreaming. Hallyu stars Lee Min Ho and Jeon Ji Hyun are confirmed to star in a new drama that is inspired by a Korean folk legend. The drama is written by the writer of My Love From Another Star. Fans of the two stars can finally sigh with relief and gear up for excitement. Find out more!

Legend of the Blue Sea will probably be one of the most anticipated new dramas in recent years. Lee Min Ho's fans have waited three years for him to return, since his last drama series Heirs. Although the movie Gangnam Blues was released in 2015, and his new movie Bounty Hunters will premier on July 1, most of his devoted fans came to know him through his popular romance dramas such as Boys Over Flowers and Personal Taste, and they've been asking for a new TV drama for too long. Jeon Ji Hyun has been devoted to motherhood and post-birth care after giving birth in February. The beautiful actress is now finally ready for her new project.

But another person who has also been waiting most patiently is writer Park Ji Eun, who has written the story with our leading couple in mind. According to Culture Depot, the production company, “From the beginning stages, writer Park Ji Eun created characters matching Jeon Ji Hyun and Lee Min Ho, thinking of them as the best couple. The lead actors also decided to work on the drama because they believe in the writer and the director. You can look forward to their chemistry, which will be beyond one’s imagination.”

Complete details of the roles and the story are not released yet. What we do know is that the story is inspired by a Korean legend about a Joseon-era fisherman who caught a mermaid and released her back to sea. Is this a historical drama or a contemporary romance? Is Jeon Ji Hyun playing the mermaid? She would look lovely with a tail! Or maybe it's the tall and handsome Lee Min Ho playing a merman from the blue sea in a modern twist?! Imagination can really run wild here.

Lee Min Ho previously promised that he will definitely star in a new drama this year, and he will be fulfilling that promise. The actor certainly understands the impatience experienced by his fans. Along with the official confirmation on May 30, he posted a new (steamy) photo to Instagram with these tags: #koreadrama #comingsoon #leeminho:

72f51ddf-7040-465a-aeff-59dedf46ec1f.png

The new drama is slated to air in November, and will be directed by Jin Hyuk, who directed Lee Min Ho in thriller City Hunter. The broadcasting rights in China have already been sold, reportedly for half a million dollars each episode, smashing the record just set by mega-hit Descendants of the Sun!

November can't come soon enough. I can't wait to see the new drama!! Can you?

https://www.dramafever.com/es/news/lee-min-ho-and-jeon-ji-hyun-confirm-new-fantasy-romance-drama-legend-of-the-blue-sea/

Nancy Z en Mar., May 31, 2016

• Like 9

definitely can't wait for the new drama! excited for the out of the ordinary plot.. it'll be an extraordinary piece :D someone should deliver this news to guadi.. her Rose gif should go now xD

btw, congratulations @gtLmh0622 for joining woodalchis minoz :wub: it feels like the right person at the right place, your much appreciated contributions can now be reached to as many people as possible and thank you @Woodalchis Minoz for continuing to upload new subbed episodes of Good Day! been waiting for the rest since forever ㅠ

• Like 6