Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Pachinko Season 2; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

***I’m a hardcore LMH fan, too so, "Faith" just worked for me. Aside from eye candy and that boyish grin of LMH make me drifting away . . . It wasn’t the best but I still enjoyed watching it, massively.:)>-

Life Lessons from a Mixed Bag of Dramas [Year In Review, Part 2]

by kaedejun | December 11, 2012

2012 was certainly a mixed bag: I saw plenty of action dramas and then I saw fluffy dramas that made no sense. There were dramas I loved, dramas that I liked enough, and then dramas that I hated. It was a tough year for me, and I felt I had bad luck in choosing which dramas to watch this year. But it helps to appreciate all the dramas – good or bad – because there are still plenty of life lessons to be learned from them.

One of my goals for this year was to watch a drama from every letter of the alphabet – HA! Like that really happened. But in the hopes that I did, the reviews will be in alphabetical order… with life lessons in between.

(skipped unrelated.....)

FAITH

Final2012_Faith.jpg

I was so excited for this drama. Lee Min Ho in a historical fantasy with time traveling? Bring it on! The first two episodes were promising enough, and I was particularly excited over how they would fit in Kim Hee Sun’s character Eun Soo in history without changing history – as Dr. Jin had done. In the beginning it was interesting, as Eun Soo had to learn how to make herself clear to people who couldn’t understand her Seoul-isms. It was also interesting in that everything she did didn’t change history, but rather helped make the history happen. Case in point is when she ends up saving the life of young Lee Seong Gye, who historically ends up killing Choi Young (Lee Min Ho) and building up the Joseon dynasty. I found all of this intriguing.

And then we got into a huge power play of “who can win Eun Soo’s heart?” because everyone just wanted to know the future as if she held all the tarot cards. And then the series kind of got boring. And then we never really got anywhere as each time a coup against King Gongmin failed, or each time Eun Soo got close to the secret of her diary and then never really did. For twenty episodes I felt like I was watching a bunch of fight scenes that led to nowhere, and all this talk about a future that never seemed to happen. I had to stare at Lee Min Ho’s atrocious hair (sorry - really didn’t like those bangs) until finally in the last twenty minutes we understood everything that had happened and why it happened to Eun Soo.

I wasn’t as disappointed with this as I was with Big, but I certainly felt cheated because I thought I was going to watch this grand epic historical, only to end up watching a soldier brood over his past wounds and his future lady love. Meh. Blah. Blegh.

Life Lesson: Nothing wins a girl’s heart like a soldier’s honor.

So there’s the year of 2012 in a nutshell for me: some regular hard candies, some chewy ones that get stuck to your teeth, and some smooth, melting chocolate. Thanks to girlfriday and javabeans, I get to share my humble thoughts on some of these dramas. A toast to 2013! May the best be yet to come!

Wow!!! MINOMi dolls are being sold now?! I still prefer the real one ;)) ;;)

Minomi Doll (from MBC TV Drama Personal Taste)

Minomi Doll (from MBC TV Drama Personal Taste)Minomi Doll (from MBC TV Drama Personal Taste)Minomi Doll (from MBC TV Drama Personal Taste)Brand: Actor
Product Code: Doll
Reward Points: 150
Availability: In StockPrice: US$149.99 
Price in reward points: 15000
Qty:       - OR -   Add to Wish List
Add to Compare0 reviews  0 reviews  |  Write a reviewMore Sharing ServicesShareShare on emailShare on printShare on facebookShare on twitterhttp://kpopstores.com/index.php?route=product%2Fproduct&path=126_130&product_id=355