Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

‘Pachinko Season 2’ Scores 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, Captivates Viewers Worldwide

still_01-3-1536x1024.jpg

Pachinko Season 2 is off to a spectacular start, earning a perfect 100% score on Rotten Tomatoes with the release of its first episode. The series has been met with enthusiastic acclaim from both critics and viewers alike.

Continuing its sweeping narrative of forbidden love, war, peace, and resilience across Korea, Japan, and the United States, Pachinko has captivated audiences with its emotional depth and complex storytelling. The first episode of Season 2, which premiered on August 25th, takes place in 1945 Osaka, Japan, seven years after the events of Season 1.

It focuses on Sunja (Kim Min Ha), who has been struggling to support her family on her own. The episode reaches a pivotal moment when Sunja reunites with Hansu (Lee Min Ho), reigniting intense viewer reactions.

Fans flooded social media with comments like, “OMG, they meet again here! When’s the next episode?” and “Hansu has always been by Sunja’s side,” while others speculated, “Sunja’s life is going to be thrown into turmoil again,” and praised the show for its “more dramatic storyline and tightly woven plot.” The emotional reunion scene between Sunja and Hansu left many fans moved, with one saying, “Not a secret—I cried the whole time.”

With its first episode already creating a buzz, Pachinko Season 2 continues to gain momentum. It has also topped the Apple TV+ Top 10 TV shows chart in 14 countries, including Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, and the Philippines, according to FlixPatrol as of August 25th.

Critics have been equally effusive. The New York Times praised the series as “a gorgeous epic of love and struggle,” while The Guardian described it as “this excellent drama is extremely close to being an all-time classic.” Such glowing reviews and overwhelming acclaim from global media have only added to the excitement surrounding Pachinko Season 2, which promises an even more immersive experience with its powerful performances and intricate plot.

Pachinko Season 2 consists of eight episodes, with new episodes released every Friday on Apple TV+ until October 11th.

Source: Apple TV+

• Like 2

11 Best Korean drama songs that are complete earworms

Looking for the best Korean drama songs to add to your playlist? Korean OSTs can be incredibly catchy, with memorable tracks from dramas.

The best Korean drama songs are often matched by equally talented musicians, creating the perfect playlist. What makes these songs stand the test of time is their ability to evoke nostalgia through memorable tracks in diverse soundtracks.

From K-pop ballads and indie rock hits to classical scores, these original soundtracks (OSTs) reflect the wide range of genres and emotions in the dramas they accompany.

2. Stand By Me by SHINee- Boys Over Flowers

Geum Jan Di (Koo Hye Sun) receives a scholarship to the elite Shin Hwa High School, where she initially faces bullying from Gu Jun Pyo (Lee Min Ho), one of the wealthiest and most popular students. However, Jun Pyo soon becomes drawn to her. If you've seen Boys Over Flowers, you've likely found yourself singing along to SHINee's Stand By Me at least once. It’s hard to find a more iconic K-drama song. Like the series, this soundtrack is both lavish and deeply emotional.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/11-best-korean-drama-songs-1343429

• Like 2

Some K-drama actors' fanclub names

1669188368_lee-min-hos-minoz-byeon-woo-s

When searching for new K-dramas, the cast often draws us in. If we find ourselves captivated by a particular actor, we’re likely to seek out their other shows to binge-watch. Of course, well-written storylines and stunning filming locations are also big draws!

If one is obsessed with a specific actor or actress and considers themselves a dedicated fan. Then it might be time to embrace their official fan club names. Many K-drama stars have unique fan club names that reflect the special connection between them and their supporters.

Lee Min Ho- Minoz

Lee Min Ho is a cherished South Korean actor and singer, who first gained widespread fame with his role as Gu Jun Pyo in Boys Over Flowers in 2009. This role earned him the Best New Actor – Television award at the 45th Baeksang Arts Awards. His fanbase, known as Minoz, represents everyone who loves and supports him. 

Lee Min Ho’s success on television established him as a leading Hallyu star, making him the most followed South Korean actor on social media. He also made history as the first Korean celebrity to have a wax figure created in his likeness at Madame Tussauds, with figures unveiled in Shanghai in 2013 and Hong Kong in 2014.

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/lee-min-hos-minoz-byeon-woo-seoks-tongtong-bae-suzys-sueweeties-and-more-k-drama-actor-fanclub-names-to-check-out-1343469

• Like 1

[Herald Interview] Lee Min-ho, Kim Min-ha talk about what ‘Pachinko’ means to them

‘K-Rom-Com King’ Lee says he met ‘Pachinko’ just when he needed a breakthrough in his career

20240828050429_0.jpg

Apple TV+’s Korean original series “Pachinko” aired its first episode of season two on Aug. 23. The show’s main protagonists Lee Min-ho and Kim Min-ha, who played a fish broker tied to Yakuza Hansu and a sturdy, hard-working young woman from a small town Sunja, respectively, said they assimilated to their characters.

The second season of the period drama chronicles the life of a Korean family spanning four generations, who moved to Japan in the early 1900s. Over the eight-episode series, the life of Sunja, a Korean woman born to a poor family in Busan, shows her struggles to settle in Osaka, Japan, following World War II.

“Looking at Hansu, I have to admit that there are some similar aspects between him and myself. Starting a career early, life was focused more on survival, and also ambitious with desires at one point. While I, as an actor, was able to express such feelings in a healthy way through many people’s love, Hansu wasn’t able to express that well. That has allowed me to feel gratitude toward my life, appreciate and respect people around me,” Lee said in an interview on Aug. 23.

20240828050430_0.jpg

Kim Min-ha, who rose to stardom with her first-ever lead role in the global TV series that won the best foreign-language series at the US Critics Choice Awards last year, said “Pachinko” has “upgraded” her life.

“To be honest, nothing has really changed before and after shooting this project. But no matter what, now I’m given more opportunities to choose a project from many, different options,” Kim said during an interview on Aug. 23.

“As I played Sunja, I was surprised by her and I wanted to become like her. Because the second season is set seven years after the timeframe in the first season, I focused on delving into what kind of experiences Sunja might have gone through (over time). Writing my journal from Sunja’s point of view helped to do so. I’m sure Sunja is a sturdy woman who gains hope from her family, so I tried to show Sunja’s flexible character facing a new environment with a family in season two,” the 28-year-old actor said.

20240828050431_0.jpg

Shooting for the second season took place in June last year. Although Lee only had a two-week break between another drama shooting and “Pachinko,” he said everything was ready for him to immerse himself into the character.

“Besides the artistic props and set for shootings, I had some intensive discussions with the writer and other staff on how to portray a character like Hansu. Normally, I wouldn’t really do that, I would just do the acting based on my interpretation and preparation. But this project has unleashed my inner desire to find new energy through an unprecedented character,” said Lee.

The 37-year-old actor has become renowned through rom-coms. From the romantic, hero image from “Boys Over Flowers” (2009), “The Heirs” (2013) and “The King: Eternal Monarch” (2020), his character change to Hansu, a ruthless yet dangerously charming man, Lee said “Pachinko” was a breakthrough to him.

“The fact that I didn’t have to take the lead throughout the series gave me a sense of freedom,” Lee said, jokingly.

“I was personally seeking a new kind of energy during that time in my acting career. I felt such freedom playing Hansu in this project that revolves around love, family and what a good human being is,” said Lee, adding that “Pachinko” was the kind of project had waited to be a part of when the time was right.

The second season of “Pachinko” started airing on Aug. 23 via Apple TV+. A new episode will be released every Friday until Oct. 11

credit : Korea Herald

https://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20240828050426

• Like 3

On 8/29/2024 at 10:09 AM, CarolynH said:

The new F4!  Nice to see friends supporting friends :heart:

@CarolynH  Yes, I do agree with you - On August 28, Kim Bum shared a photo of himself from a recent show he’s starring in, and there were three other famous actors with him. He posted the photos with the caption, “F…4 No, sorry, I’ll stop.”  Kim Bum referred to them as the “F4” in a way. In the photo, Kim Bum was of course joined by fellow F4 member Lee Min Ho, but also Woo Do Hwan and Jung Il Woo. The latter also posted the photos from the meeting on his Instagram account with the caption, "Our Beom, fighting 🔥 #Gentleman's Guide @k.kbeom @actorleeminho @wdohwan" -  hahaha - Even in 2024, the concept of the F4 will always be iconic.      :ohboy2:

• Like 2

*** Kim Min Ha shared thoughts on final scenes with Lee Min Ho in "Pachinko 2".  “There’s a scene where Sunja and Hansu become parents and have a conversation like old friends. It was very emotional for me. It was a rainy day, and the atmosphere of that day was incredibly powerful. It felt like that was how things were meant to be. The scene was even more emotional because it was Lee Min Ho’s last day of filming in Toronto.” Kim Min Ha discussed her complex relationship with Hansu (played by Lee Min Ho), who deceives Sunja, gets her pregnant and then leaves her for his wife. Despite this, he continues to help her from a distance. Hansu is portrayed as a villain who refuses to divorce to protect his power and wealth, while still claiming both Sunja and their child as his own. “I was really confused and frustrated because I couldn’t figure out what my character’s relationship with Hansu was. I kept wondering why he kept showing up. In the end, he’s just one of those people you can’t explain. To Sunja, Hansu might be like a deep wound. You want to heal it as fast as possible, but it leaves a scar that you have to live with. I think even hatred is a kind of strong love. Hansu taught Sunja a lot about love, in all kinds of ways.” Season 2 of Pachinko has a total of 8 episodes. The first episode premiered on August 23rd, and a new episode will be released every Friday through October 11th on Apple TV Plus.   :heartxoxo:

still_02-3.jpg

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20240828152057364

• Like 2

*** Pachinko Season 2 Episode 2 was released TODAY August 30. The episode marked Steve Noh's character and an important deal cracked between Lee Min Ho and Kim Min Ha. Season 2 explores deeper into the life of Sun Ja's family in 1945 Japan which is well in the middle of World War II. On the other hand, it also showcases Baek Solomon's struggle for success and to fit in 1989. The dialogues are as impactful. There are dialogues which would stay with the viewers for a long time. The actors do an amazing job portraying their characters especially, Kim Kang Hoon and Kwon Eun Song as young Noa and Mozasu. The costumes, sets, props and everything about the drama feel high production. This makes the drama engaging and transports the viewers to a different world. While only 2 episodes are out yet, and there is not much to complain about. The story is well-paced and entertaining. The series subtly gives away a lot of what the characters are feeling. All throughout Isak's death and his funeral, Sun Ja remains the strong mother and sister-in-law and doesn't shed a tear. It is only when she is alone with her former lover Ko Han Su, that she shows her weakness. Episode 2 ends on a bittersweet note and effectively creates a hype for Episode 3.   :emmm:

Episode 2 Recap -
source : Pinkvilla

The episode opens with kids in the streets of Japan playing war with their sticks and stones. While the children are playing, they spot the mailman who drops a letter at one of their homes. They soon realize that one of the kid's father passed away due to the war. As the game comes to an end, Noa guides Mozasu back home. After reaching home, a strange man enters their home and Noa is quick to call out to his aunt. She rushes to see that it is his brother Baek Isak. But his condition seems worse. He keeps coughing and has bruises and scars all over his body. Sun Ja rushes to see her husband and even after seeing his condition, she does not lose hope and is determined to find a doctor. 

Isak asks Noa to call on Pastor Hu. On the other hand, Mozasu goes to the post office to send a letter to Isak's brother Baek Yoseb about his father's return. But while sending the letter, the little boy reads what's written. The letter says that his father, Isak is dying. 

As Pastor Hu arrives Isak asks everyone to leave except Noa. Isak confronts Hu that he was the one to report him but in the end, chooses to forgive him. This revelation though leaves Noa angry and hurt. 

On the other hand, Sun Ja goes to Ko Han Su and asks for his help. He agrees to send a doctor but in return, he asks her to move to the countryside along with him and her family in order to be safe from the bombings. Sun Ja agrees. 

The doctor comes and inspects Isak but alas, he only has a few hours left. He soon passes away and the family prepares for his funeral. But soon the sirens start blaring and the family has to leave with Ko Han Su in a hurry without a proper funeral. 

In 1989, in Tokyo, Baek Solomon meets the old woman with the land once more. She discloses that the house is built upon the graves of the people who died in the war. Solomon convinces her to sell the land to him and comes up with a plan to destroy Abe.  

1321235207_pachinko-season-2-poster.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

LMH was only in for a minute in last night's Pachinko, but He gave strong performance in a little bit of scene he was in. As much as i like to be romance by LMH through his iconic KDrama performance, I am glad He took on Pachinko, i really enjoy seeing him flexing his acting chop, that he may not be able to do in dramaland. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

I guess LMH bought a lot of clothes when he went on that mysterious trip to Japan.  I wonder when he switched from Ricola to Eclipse?  Now I'll have to try Eclipse.  I've seen the gum, but not the mint.  

Cute!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I guess LMH bought a lot of clothes when he went on that mysterious trip to Japan.  I wonder when he switched from Ricola to Eclipse?  Now I'll have to try Eclipse.  I've seen the gum, but not the mint.  

@CarolynH Yes, I remember then that he often took with him this Ricola Menthol candy. In fact, he said that many of his fans were giving him Ricola. I love the taste but, can't compare it with Eclipse since I haven't tried this candy. I guess I have to buy one.   :emmm:

• Like 1

8 High School Rom-Com K-Dramas You Don't Want To Miss

There are no two people who have the exact same high school experience. Some have posters of their favorite boy band stuck in their locker, some are working in a convenience store to save up for college, some spend too much time studying to get perfect grades but forget to go out with their friends, while others hang out with their friends so much that their grades… well, let’s change the subject!

However, despite all these differences, one thing almost everyone experiences in high school is falling in love for the first time or at least having a crush on a super attractive person from their school. So, whether you are still in high school or have graduated already, here are eight K-drama romcoms set in high school to watch. You’ll get a toothache from the sweet, sweet teenage romance.

Boys Over Flowers

Boys-over-flower.jpg

Based on a Japanese manga of the same name, “Boys Over Flowers” is a K-drama that needs no introduction for OG drama enthusiasts and is a great addition to the watchlist of those who have just started enjoying Korean shows.

The story of “Boys Over Flowers” revolves around an ordinary girl named Jan Di (Ku Hye Sun). She comes from a middle-class background, and her family owns a small dry-cleaning business. One day, while visiting the prestigious Shinhwa High School, she saves a student’s life when he tries to die by suicide due to constant bullying. As a token of appreciation for Jan Di’s heroic act, the school awards her with a swimming scholarship.

While she is grateful for this opportunity, things take a turn for the worse when she crosses paths with the notorious F4 boys of Shinhwa High School: Gu Jun Pyo (Lee Min Ho), the leader of F4 and heir to the Shinhwa Group; Yoon Ji Hoo (Kim Hyun Joong), the grandson of a former South Korean president; So Yi Jung (Kim Bum), whose family owns the largest art museum in South Korea; and Song Woo Bin (Kim Joon), whose family runs the country’s largest construction company. She soon discovers the true nature behind their bad-boy facades and begins to fall in love with one of the F4 boys. However, at the same time, Jun Pyo struggles to resist falling in love with her.

When looking at “Boys Over Flowers” through the lens of 2024 K-dramas, this story might seem cliché and overdone.

The production value of the show also doesn’t compare to recent K-drama hits. Yet, once you start watching, you can’t help but binge-watch all 25 episodes in just a few days. It’s funny and it’s romantic but most importantly, it is extremely addictive.

Watch “Boys Over Flowers”:

Watch Now

Heirs

heirs-1.jpeg

From the outside, Kim Tan’s (Lee Min Ho) life looks exactly like what everyone dreams of. He is the heir to the Empire Group, a family conglomerate. However, in reality, he constantly lives in the shadow of his older brother, who even sends him off to the States to secure the business for himself. But Kim Tan’s move to the U.S. isn’t all that bad — there, he meets Cha Eun Sang (Park Shin Hye), who has come to the States in search of her sister. Their initial bickering soon turns into skipped heartbeats, and Kim Tan realizes he’s falling in love, without even knowing that she is the daughter of his family’s housekeeper in South Korea. But when Kim Tan’s fiancée finally arrives from Korea to bring him back, he is torn between pursuing his love or returning to the life he knows.

Is “Heirs” a perfect K-drama with a tight-knit plot and Oscar-worthy acting? No, it’s not. But just like “Boys Over Flowers,” every episode is laced with the same highly addictive substance, making it impossible to drop midway.

Start watching “Heirs”:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 3