Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2025: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

syntyche, also, thanks for sharing the audio clips of the (2) OSTs. But, I love the 3rd OST of the drama, titled "Gravity" sang by Kim Joong Wan. I' m sure there would be tons of tracks for this series so, I'll wait as they get released.  :lol:

• Like 7

On 25 April 2020 at 9:22 AM, Nikaa94 said:

LOVEEDDD episode 3 part TWO!! LOL!!  I wanted to see Lee Gon!! Why do they do this to our hearts?? 

Does the writer want us to see little of Lee Gon because she knows we are desperate to see him?  LOL   

The whole time my eyes were looking for Lee Gon!!! :wub:

THE ENDING THOU!!!   WOWWWW!!  

By the way, even though LMH's scene was less in this episode, his scenes were so powerful. I guess less is more! LOL :D

Hi Nikaa, thanks for sharing your thoughts about the drama. IDK why I'm confused about the story but I guess I stick around to see MORE where the story heads. Besides, this is one of the few dramas, which airs simultaneously in SK Netflix as well in SBS.  :sweatingbullets:

• Like 4

On 25 April 2020 at 10:03 AM, SophieH said:

Me too ! I’m cravings for more of Lee Gon. Less screen time but he finally wrapped up the episode with intense ending. . I was skeptical with the new hairstyle at first (missing his style in lotbs) , but now I think I’m in love again... it suits his emperor character really well. 
have to endure so many hours more before next episode. Can’t seem to concentrate when hubby speaks to me as my mind tends to fly somewhere else :lol:

Hi SophieH, I hope the ratings for the upcoming EP on Friday/Sat will be back to double-digit, otherwise, this isn't looking promising. If this stays on single-digit, it's not beyond saving. I fear that viewers will move on to watch another drama. I feel so bad for LMH since most are expecting him to carry this show alone because of his star power. Honestly, KGE can't bring in ratings. Sorry, I guess I'm just so biased when it comes to LMH. Maybe she's not just my cup of tea. She had a lot of screen time in EP 3 & I felt bored since I was looking for LMH MORE. And the lack of chemistry bothers me a lot. Well, I guess I should go with the flow. I know LMH works hard for this drama. I will always give support for him. Ahh.....the drama is going to improve. Everything doesn't start with excitement, anyway.  :P

• Like 6

On 25 April 2020 at 4:58 PM, myhun_ said:

LMH tw updated

Reveal hidden contents

Hi myhun, thanks for sharing MORE pictures from Twitter. I'm happy that in terms of international buzz at least this drama is doing well from what I see on Twitter.  :P

• Like 3

4 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi syntyche, thanks for sharing this. I feel a little bit sad & bad that the ratings has been falling, Sat EP with only a single digit 9.7%. It seems  that the drama is struggling & IDK why  & where? Is the storyline hard to understand? Maybe because I feel that the scenes aren't connected to each other, or is it just me? Is there something wrong with the PD? By how he's directing the show? Ahhh.....IDK.  :o 

@willenette me too, I think the clever story line need a really good plot execution, and that’s one think I feel the director is lacking. For me however, its not hard, but I see how it will be for general audience. I hope it will pick up, cause I honestly think it’s a really interesting story. KES is really trying to stretch herself here. 

Min the press conference the actors kept saying “it get better the more you watch it” I think they know that this drama requires a time and attention investment from the viewer. I wish KES would stick to the same director she worked with for her last two dramas. I like his directing style

• Like 7

2 hours ago, scrawford said:

@willenette me too, I think the clever story line need a really good plot execution, and that’s one think I feel the director is lacking. For me however, its not hard, but I see how it will be for general audience. I hope it will pick up, cause I honestly think it’s a really interesting story. KES is really trying to stretch herself here. 

Min the press conference the actors kept saying “it get better the more you watch it” I think they know that this drama requires a time and attention investment from the viewer. I wish KES would stick to the same director she worked with for her last two dramas. I like his directing style

Hi scrawford, it seems that the new PD is not in-sync with her style of writing. I'm struggling watching the drama since so much are going on with the plot.  :lol:

On 25 April 2020 at 1:03 AM, leeminhosny said:

Naver Search 20:30-23:30 "The King Lee Min Ho"  #2

Netizen comments :

(+110,-54) Lee Gon finished the second half today.

(+105,-57) I watched the second half of the day with great concentration.

(+90,-49) Lee Gon is so cool.

(+35,-18) That's a lot of part-time jobs. ㅋㅋ

(+26,-10) Lee Minho's cane action is the best.

(+23,-18) It's fun.
Let's not over-criticize.
It's the beginning.
Actually, just looking at Lee Mi-ho
My eyes are happy.

Hi leeminhosny, thanks for sharing this Naver Search result. Public reception to the drama has been mixed, though.....:wub:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

Hi scrawford, it seems that the new PD is not in-sync with her style of writing. I'm struggling watching the drama since so much are going on with the plot.  :lol:

@willenette also originally this show was supposed to air in March but then there were rumors that air time is moved to July 31st as they need time to perfect the show because of the pre productions and cgi use etc etc. And since originally they are planning on pre producing, they didn’t shot the scene in order, and you can see this mainly through JTE hair/bangs, you can see that some scene are shot earlier and some are later, And if this would air in July, they would have more time to edit each episode, take their time to see the flow etc etc. idk what change behind the scene that pushed the air time. But it’s almost seems like the editing didn’t take it sweet time/rushed to reach perfection. I don’t know how many episode they still need to shoot, but they have been shooting since October, I hope they covered a lot already and only have 2-3 more left. I’m really hoping the show will take its pace and work in its magic. Cause at this point ratings and online comments can turn people off. However, I saw some comment on Asia wiki and dramalist and they started to say episode 4 is good. 

I remember I didn’t clicked with Goblin until after 6 or 7 episode, really what kept me watching was my love for KGE, but I didn’t even find the Main romance that good and I skipped a lot. Same with Mr.sunshine, didn’t get really invested and start supper slow in the beginning. Seems to be KES signature style to start slow. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200427

Lee Min-ho of "The King" is an immersive romance master with his appealing eyes

Actor Lee Min-ho is mesmerizing viewers with his glaring performance, which is unprecedented.

He is drawing enthusiastic responses from fans at home and abroad as he transforms himself into the Korean Empire emperor Lee Gon in the SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch." In particular, Lee Min-ho's detailed eye acting, which captures Lee Gon's complex emotional lines and background narratives, such as sadness, loneliness, pain, longing, and excitement, is increasing the immersion in the drama as time goes by.

Among them, Lee Min-ho's melodramatic eyes, which give viewers an ecstatic thrill, are by far the best. The romance is ripening even more as Lee Gon's growing heart toward Tae-eul is conveyed with Lee Min-ho's deep eyes. 

#1 "Finally I see you" - Eyes of emotion (1st episode)

One of the representative scenes is the ending scene of the first episode where Lee Gon hugs Jung Tae-eul, who has been anxiously searching for her for 25 years. "Finally I'm seeing you," he said with his teary eyes. Lieutenant Jeong Tae-eul," said Lee Min-ho, hugging Kim Go-eun with all his might, and after a long wait, I could feel Lee Gon's overwhelming emotion when he met someone he had long missed.      

#2 "I'll make you my empress" # - Serious eyes

The ending scene drew so much attention that the real-time search word "I will make you my Empress" topped the list right after the broadcast. For Lee Gon, it was a strong word to convey his sincerity to Jeong Tae-eul, who does not believe in the parallel world and his existence. Lee Min-ho took a pose and completed a proposal that marked the beginning of a high-quality romance with a serious tone and eyes.

#3 "I saw a beautiful thing" # "The man I loved" # - ecstasy, affectionate eyes

In the third episode, Lee Gon experienced a fantastic moment for the first time a side effect of crossing the door of the dimension. Lee Min-ho, who stared at Kim Go-eun in a sudden pause, smiled, saying, "I saw something beautiful thanks to (time stopping)." Here, Lee Min-ho amplified his excitement by creating a sweet romantic atmosphere that had never been before with a faint look and ecstatic eyes. At the end of the show, however, Lee Gon, who is heading back to his world, was depicted contrasting. After looking back at the Republic of Korea with affectionate eyes, Lee Min-ho's delicate eye acting further heightened the lonely atmosphere. In particular, the narration of Kim So-wol's poem "Invocation of the Dead" added to the heart-wrenching lingering imagery, raising expectations for the next development.

#4 "My name is Lee Gon" - Charisma, Exciting Eyes (Episode 4)

On the day of the first snow, Lee Gon and Tae-eul came together to the Korean Empire. That was only when Lee Gon first officially revealed his name to Tae-eul, "I am the emperor of the Korean Empire, and my name which should not be called, is Lee Gon. This caused a thrill storm in the hearts of viewers. On the same day, Lee Min-ho made the breathtaking ending with charismatic and excited eyes toward Kim Go-eun, drawing heated attention even after the show, with comments, "My name is Lee Gon" as a search word for the portal site's New Topic.

As such, Lee Min-ho is continuing his positive reviews by shaking the hearts of women in each episode with his eyes that express the fantasy romance genre superbly as well as the combination of emotions that Emperor Lee Gon has. Attention is drawn to Lee Min-ho's performance, which will portray affectionate and beautiful love against the fate of the parallel world with his dark eyes. SBS Friday-Saturday drama "The King," starring Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, airs every Friday and Saturday night at 10 p.m.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202004271033540204215_1

• Like 9

I like that fans are still sending food trucks to the set.  I'm sure the cast and crew appreciate it especially in light of the ratings.  I really want to give LMH a hug and tell him it's ok.  

@syntycheThe gif of Lee Gon with his eyes closed then opening is one of my favorites.  He's incredibly beautiful.  He's always attractive, but sometimes he really takes your breath away.:kiss_wink:

• Like 5
  • Love 4

LEE MIN HO 《The King•Eternal Monarch》EP2 Behind & NG scene

@CarolynH, I remember you liked that particular scene when he opens his eyes. Isn't he lovely? :wub: 

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I like that fans are still sending food trucks to the set.  I'm sure the cast and crew appreciate it especially in light of the ratings.  I really want to give LMH a hug and tell him it's ok.  

@syntycheThe gif of Lee Gon with his eyes closed then opening is one of my favorites.  He's incredibly beautiful.  He's always attractive, but sometimes he really takes your breath away.:kiss_wink:

Hi CarolynH, I couldn't agree with you MORE - I love what you said "I really want to give LMH a hug and tell him it's ok" - I love that gif, too. It's breath-taking, right?

I've been curious ever since of the production budget for "The King" since I haven't read anything about this on paper. Now, I've heard that the production cost/EP for the drama reportedly ranges from 2-2.5-B Won for a total production cost of over 32-B Won for its 16EPs. The drama also lined-up brands wanting to place ads, right? I feel that the production cost wasn't wasted because of various eye-candy attractions in the drama including of course, the white horse. In the meantime, sources in the securities industry believe that the drama will garner more than 30% margins broadcast rights to SBS, & Netflix copyrights.  :P

• Like 4