Lee Min Ho ♥ 이민호 ♥ ィミンホ ♥ 李敏鎬 Pachinko Season 2 Aug 23 on Apple TV+; Upcoming Drama 2024: Ask the Stars; Upcoming movie 2025: Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint

CarolynH

19 hours ago, Nikaa said:

Finally, we got some ATS update and news! LMH is working on it! :evilelmo::hypehype:

LMH is doing ADR which is automatic dialogue replacement for 'Ask the stars'

@Nikaa thanks for sharing this. This process replaces dialogue recorded on set with dialogue that is recorded in a studio afterward. ADR  usually happens after the film/drama is edited. They have to re-record audio in a more controlled and quieter setting. It's done in a post-production studio. ADR is a way to improve audio quality or reflect changes in dialogue and performance. It's also referred to as 'post-syncing'. It's recording extra dialogue in the studio.   :kaching3:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 1

14 hours ago, CarolynH said:

An explanation of ADR: https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/adr-film-explained-examples-75425/

So ADR happens after the project has been edited.  I was trying to find out if ADR is the very last thing before a project is release.

Thank you for the link!:heart4::Ohboy3:

I'm curious to know this, as well as how long it will take them to finish ADR. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): I hope the OST line-ups are already prepared.

14 hours ago, willenette said:

thanks for sharing this. This process replaces dialogue recorded on set with dialogue that is recorded in a studio afterward. ADR  usually happens after the film/drama is edited. They have to re-record audio in a more controlled and quieter setting. It's done in a post-production studio. ADR is a way to improve audio quality or reflect changes in dialogue and performance. It's also referred to as 'post-syncing'. It's recording extra dialogue in the studio.  

Thank you! :Ohboy3::heart4:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Nikaa said:

Thank you for the link!:heart4::Ohboy3:

I'm curious to know this, as well as how long it will take them to finish ADR. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): I hope the OST line-ups are already prepared.

Thank you! :Ohboy3::heart4:

@Nikaa  Running an ADR session is not terribly slow but, it’s not just very fast either. It varies quite a lot. If the director insisting on watching and discussing the scene before you start, then it will be really hard to achieve 5 min/line. Most ADR sessions are completed in ½ to 2 days.  

I hope he can lend his voice to an original soundtrack for the drama.   :blush:

• Thanks 1