[drama 2005] Best Theater: Taereung National Village 태릉선수촌

Guest thunderbolt

Guest thunderbolt

Yay, Ep 7 subs are out. Thanks so much, Ann! *muah* Just one more episode to go. Team, FIGHTING!!

Awesome, awesome Episode 7. I was so transfixed by everything that was going on. I cried (but apparently not as much as Dahee). Hardhitting episode but with some unexpected sweet moments plus one Minki moment that made me giggle. And now I can't believe we have only one episode left, one episode to resolve everything.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the subs!

Min Ki's history with Ma Roo is hilarious.

Ma Roo seems like a troubled young lady. Did they delve into her family history?

Minki/Soo Ah/Dong Kyung... what can I say?

Soo Ah obviously doesn't love Dong Kyung as much as she ought to... after all, she didn't seem that pleased with the engagement.

Min Ki on the other hand is an richard simmons for being so rude to him. Unless he's forgotten, Soo Ah was already taken when they met and he was trespassing on DK's territory. The least he can do is be respectful to the guy even if he ends up taking his woman away. (I'm referring to him bumping into him at the library). But I love how they hold no real grudges.

I'm glad to see that Ma Roo sorted herself out and is now willing to receive treatment.

It's a shame that after Dong Kyung's love confession while watching "When Harry Met Sally" she still went to Min Ki. The truth is she didn't make the decision lightly and she tried to stay with DK but hey, if her heart wants to be with Min Ki, then so be it.

But Dong Kyung, I won't mind helping to mend your broken heart :(

Thanks for the subs... can't wait for the last one :)

B.O.N F u n S u b s PRESENTS

[MBC] Taereung National Village (태릉선수촌)

taereungwg5.jpg

Banner credits: mangosteen

NOTE: Only soft subs will be released.

HQ episodes are distributed via clubbox and DA torrents.

Episode 8

Translator: Dahee Fanel

Timer: Jannah

Editor/QC: thunderbolt

Coordinator: SeReNiTy

CB Downloads Available @ http://clubbox.co.kr/creidesca

Thanks so much to the three Minkiteers and B.O.N staff for making this project possible~! :wub:

Enjoy everyone~! :D

So, here's the sub for the final episode~! Thanks so much to dearies Dahee, Jannah, thunder, and B.O.N team for all your help and support. :wub: It's been fun subbing this project and I'm glad that more people will be able to understand and enjoy this series. Each character are strong and have faults in their own ways, but no matter what they all end up with a positive attitude. (Of course, Min Ki is a cutie pie in here, too. :D)

Thanks to creidesca for her efforts in providing the raw episodes on CB and torrent. Thanks to everyone for your support and patience.

Everyone, enjoy~! :)

Whoa! Is it my birthday or something?!?! Double release? :w00t:

Thanks a lot for all your hardwork. The subs are lovely and well edited.

As per the story

It was Dong Kyung's turn to be angry at Min Ki when he came to 'apologize'? Although I don't know what he was thinking. After stealing a man's woman, try to stay the hell away.

The rumors... well, they had to expect that, after all, everyone know she was with Dong Kyung. So when they saw her with someone else, there had to be come cattiness.

I felt so bad for Dong Kyung when that guy made fun of him for showing up to the interview.

Aww, DK was still trying to hold on. At this point, you need to cut your losses and leave. The woman has left you for someone else... yeah, it hurts but hold onto your dignity and try to move on.

Oh GOSH, why is Min Ki such a kid? Why did he have to show up for their meeting? Why make the thing messier than it needs to be? :angry::crazy: Gosh, you've won - you've ended up with the girl. Why not stay the freak away from them? Eh? So freaking immature. Why won't he go?

DK, don't hold onto her, okay? She likes nervousness or whatever. I hope Min Ki matures alot if they decide to make it permanent cos he sure aint husband material.

lol, dang @ DK and the gate. It's a shame when people lose their heads. Wouldn't he have to pay for the property damage?

Aww... poor DK. If someone breaks up with you because they are unhappy with the relationship then yeah, try to fix things and it might be okay to beg. But if they leave you for someone else, dude, have some shame. Although I completely feel his pain because he loves her.

Whoa! Bang is harsh. He's begging her and she's telling him not to ruin their memories by begging. Whatever. Who cares about any good memories after you've been dumped?

Haha... "I know your name. Bang-ba-bang-bang-bang-bang..." lol... I loved that.

Lovely ending. Everyone is doing okay. Too bad about Ma Roo's olympic dreams. Soo Ah and Min Ki looked nice running together and all that. They do make a nice couple.

Thanks again for all these subs and making it possible for non-Korean speakers like myself to discover and enjoy this show.

Let Lee Min Ki steal the girl for once...he had his girl stolen from him not once, but TWICE, and by the same guy! And his response? Wanting to cry along with the friend when his friend told him. Not to mention he and his childhood friend are still the best of friends.

At least what Hong Min Ki did was out in the open, not under secrecy.

But putting that aside, what a better way for DK to take off some of the steam from what's been troubling him than to take it off on Hong Min Ki? And that's what I found to be the problem in DK's and SA's relationship.

Guest thunderbolt

Oh GOSH, why is Min Ki such a kid? Why did he have to show up for their meeting? Why make the thing messier than it needs to be?

:angry::crazy: Gosh, you've won - you've ended up with the girl. Why not stay the freak away from them? Eh? So freaking immature. Why won't he go?

You know, that scene was classic. In that super tense situation, his sudden appearance made me giggle so hard. Sorry, Dong-kyung! I feel so bad for you but I just couldn't help laughing at your rival Minki. Yes, he's such a kid but that act was so typically Minki!! Hehe, do I make sense? And you can see he was so nervous around Dong-kyung. But I must admit I didn't like how Dong-kyung was 'insulting' Minki by calling him 'crap'.

Still, I can understand Dong-kyung's anger. Everything was just falling apart around him. And I love, love the flashbacks of their relationship - the 'shooting' scene (muahaha) and the 'Bang bang bang' subway scene. I cried when he told her he was strong because of her.

The ending showed me that life will continue. You just got to do your best with whatever cards are dealt to you. Our four leads know the importance of mental discipline and they apply that discipline. Yet they are so human. I like what Ann (SeReNiTy) said, that each is strong yet also flawed with their own faults. But at the end of the day they will go on with whatever they need to do because of their positive spirits.

My only gripe about the ending? I wish Ma-Roo had more screen time.

Taereung is such a gem. I can't believe it's over! :tears: Now that the subs are complete, I'm going back to rewatch the series from the beginning. I know I will NEVER tire of it.

Guest Dahee Fanel

Ahh, episode seven and eight subs are out! Thanks to Ann for being such a great coordinator, to BON FunSubs for taking this project on, and to my fellow Minkiteers for their awesome work. Love you guys! :wub:

Anyways, about the episodes themselves...

I love, LOVE episode seven. It's easily my favourite episode, although each and every episode is such a gem. Ma-roo is such a precious character, and I adore Kim Byeol's portrayal of her. Brilliant job! (Y'know, the first time I saw episode seven, I was half-afraid that Ma-roo was going to die...That would have just killed me.

:tears: )

And I loved the scene in the library between Minki and Dong-kyung. I actually thought Dong-kyung was pretty mean to Minki there, not the other way around. Minki calling himself a piece of crap for wedging in between Soo-ah and Dong-kyung like that...And yet explaining that he just wanted to be happy. You can't help who you love, right? You can't help being selfish once in a while. And Dong-kyung takes all that and simply says that he's going to brush Minki away, as though he was never there to begin with...Well, it's too late for that. Dong-kyung began his moves much too late. Like he says in episode eight, he was careless. He didn't care for Soo-ah enough, and Minki was able to squirm in while he wasn't looking. And y'know, Dong-kyung was never very open with Soo-ah. He never fully shared his own insecurities and fears with her. He was always just the rock, just something firm to hold onto when she needed him. He never showed himself openly to her. Remember Soo-ah telling Minki that she likes him because he shows her everything about him? That's something that Dong-kyung never did. He just cruised along, certain that he had her, and meanwhile, Minki made Soo-ah nervous, and made her heart beat faster. You can't compete with that, not really.

But I do love those flashbacks of Dong-kyung and Soo-ah's relationship. (That whole final scene between them always makes me teary, actually.) That was a Dong-kyung who was trying hard to win the girl, and surprising her with little gifts and humour. Whatever happened to that Dong-kyung? Ah, well...I wish the best for him, and I know he'll find a lovely girl in future. (Man, now I'm talking like he's a real guy, and not just a character in a drama!)

But yeah, the first time I saw the restaurant scene in episode eight, I was pretty annoyed with Minki. But like Thunder says, it's just typical Minki behaviour. You can't control him, you can't tie him down. It's not that he wanted to bother them. He just wants things to be open, because he doesn't understand doing things in a roundabout manner. It's very childish, yes, but so adorably Minki at the same time!

I also think his winning the bronze medal was so typically Minki, too. Remember the sportscaster crying out, "Oh, that's dangerous! That's dangerous!"? Haha, I bet Minki tried out one of his bizarre new moves, and ended up losing. He does whatever pops into his head, and sometimes that brings about some bad consequences, but at least he's having fun, lol.

I echo Thunder: Ma-roo needed more screen time in episode eight!

P.S. I LOVE the very final little scenes of Minki and Soo-ah playing together on the bench. It almost looks like it's taken from offscreen, especially that one little laugh they share. What an adorable couple.

just watched this yesterday...all eight of them...in half a day...haha!!! have a question here...that girl acting as a gymnast...she's kim byeol right? is she really a gymnast-turned-actress?or just a very good actress? is she still in high school in real life? i like her...she is very good at acting. i couldn't find a thread of her own so i just had to ask here. saw LMK's making an MV with her...cool!!!

Guest thunderbolt

just watched this yesterday...all eight of them...in half a day...haha!!! have a question here...that girl acting as a gymnast...she's kim byeol right? is she really a gymnast-turned-actress?or just a very good actress? is she still in high school in real life? i like her...she is very good at acting. i couldn't find a thread of her own so i just had to ask here. saw LMK's making an MV with her...cool!!!

Hi roaceica

Welcome to the TNV thread. :)

About Kim Byeol, she's so convincing in her acting as a high-school gymnast, isn't she? I really love her in TNV. According to the hancinema info below, she's 21 years old.

http://www.hancinema.net/korean_Kim_Byeol.php

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I decided to watch this simply because of Lee Seon-gyun.....oh i just can't get enough of that man :blush: ...other than that because of the good reviews given to this drama...so i thought i should give it a try. However, after finishing ep.2, i doubt i could continue watching it because i get the sense there's gonna be a change of heart from Soo-ah and i don't think i like that :tears: . I think i'm still into LSG's character in My Sweet Seoul where he's 'the winner' who gets the girl in the end lol

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Somebody please help me. I've heard nothing but rave reviews for this drama and have time to finally watch it. I've seen eps 1-2 and they were great there is nothing to not love about this drama but alas eps 3-4 have been removed from he sites they were hosted at. I have been able to download the subs for these two eps but for the life of me can't find the vids to dl. I've tried clubbox but it is in Korean (which I do not speak or read) and I have no clue what to type in or how to search for it. If someone could please please help me find these two eps so I could continue to watch, I would be very very very thankful.

Guest icefish0724

I actually watched the entire drama last wee and I really enjoyed it.

I think the 30 minute episodes were sharp and direct. The theme of each episode was shown or w\executed well.

I started to like the female lead. I saw her in Smile You and I don't really like her there. I think she was miscast. But she was really well-suited in this drama. Although there isn't much chemistry between her and LMK, the pairing was still acceptable.

Kim Byeol was lovely! Lee Min Ki...well, I enjoy all of his roles and dramas so far... But I think there's still room to grow.

Archived