[Drama 2006] Dr Kkaeng / Dr Gang 닥터 깽

s@nbi

Guest donilpark

I'm completely so loving this drama!

Now I understand why some people just go crazy over Yang Donggeun.

It's too bad this is not getting the ratings I think it deserves.

I blame it again on the first three episodes.

Ah damn it.... it's been a while since I felt bad watching a drama because of the fact that I'm getting closer to the end every minute I watch it.

To those who might happen to wander into this thread and see this, I seriously recommend watching this drama.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jahye

It's such a pity this drama isn't getting the attention it deserves.

At first, I thought it was just Soompi that didn't like it because its demographics are teen/tween girls that don't know a good, thought provoking drama when they see one or how acting is really supposed to be done, but I guess the rest of Korea doesn't seem to get it either. :(

donilpark, I agree that it was the first couple episodes that made people turn away from it.

Because I was also really close to giving up on it, but I only kept watching just because Yang Dong Geun is in it.

But starting from episode 4, the drama really picks up.

Yang Dong Geun is brilliant in this.

Han Ga In.. not so much. But she's passable.

Right now, I'm completely engulfed by Bad Family, but it's ending soon.. :tears:

But I guess once it ends, it will give me more space in my head to appreciate this great drama as well.

Guest donilpark

I'm watching Bad Family too, but for me, that's the one on my back burner.

The general atmosphere of this drama is so good once they come to Seoul.

Unlike the scenery of Seoul that I'm used to seeing in other shows, Seoul in this drama is very quite and uncrowded.

Doesn't seem like the town is too far away from the centre downtown of Seoul, but it's still so nice.

The show has a good dose of laughter and at the same time, a certain amount of pathos as well.

And then there's a bit of uneasiness at the back of the mind because of the fact that Three is still out for Dalgo. He could show up any moment and ruin everything.

And the superb acting... I've seen Yang Donggeum before in Fighter in the Wind and didn't see anything all that special other than that his actions scenes were good (I'm not sure if he actually did those action scenes or they used a substitute).

Actually, for me, it's the characters rather than actors that are more attractive. After all, I've watched and loved Princess Hours with not-so-great acting.

Guest moon_blue

so... no one can upload eps 5-7 in ysi or mega??

aww... man, if anyone can though it would be nice...

I did provide two links for ep 5 if you would just scroll up to the top of this page. :(

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B5QEJ9GG

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3ga66e

Anyway, here's ep 6 (again Chi-subbed) but I haven't gotten around to downloading eps 7 or 8 yet:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w1rxb8

Yang Dong Geun is superb as usual, but I think all the supporting actors are doing a fine job as well. In particular, I've developed a soft spot for Lee Jong Hyeuk's character. :sweatingbullets:

That's why I find it a real bummer that the ratings are only in the low tens.

But donilpark, you might've hit it on the nail ~ the fact that this drama crosses over different genres maybe the reason why it is lacking in attention?

If people want to watch strictly comedy, "Bad Family" will probably be a better choice?

For more melodramatic tear-jerkers, maybe "Which Star R U From?"

I really don't know because I'm not watching any of the other dramas at the moment.

Guest jahye

I'm watching Bad Family too, but for me, that's the one on my back burner.

The general atmosphere of this drama is so good once they come to Seoul.

Unlike the scenery of Seoul that I'm used to seeing in other shows, Seoul in this drama is very quite and uncrowded.

Doesn't seem like the town is too far away from the centre downtown of Seoul, but it's still so nice.

The show has a good dose of laughter and at the same time, a certain amount of pathos as well.

And then there's a bit of uneasiness at the back of the mind because of the fact that Three is still out for Dalgo. He could show up any moment and ruin everything.

And the superb acting... I've seen Yang Donggeum before in Fighter in the Wind and didn't see anything all that special other than that his actions scenes were good (I'm not sure if he actually did those action scenes or they used a substitute).

Actually, for me, it's the characters rather than actors that are more attractive. After all, I've watched and loved Princess Hours with not-so-great acting.

I guess I wasn't connecting with the story very well in the beginning, but now that the story is at a less intense pace and the characters are more fleshed out, I've gotten a lot more into the show.

I watched Goong too, so I'm capable of watching dramas with very mediocre (to really bad) actors too. :P

But the fact that Yang Dong Geun was starring in this solely made my choice in the beginning to watch it and keep watching it, but now it's more than just the actor that's drawing me in.

Yang Dong Geun is superb as usual, but I think all the supporting actors are doing a fine job as well. In particular, I've developed a soft spot for Lee Jong Hyeuk's character. :sweatingbullets:

That's why I find it a real bummer that the ratings are only in the low tens.

But donilpark, you might've hit it on the nail ~ the fact that this drama crosses over different genres maybe the reason why it is lacking in attention?

If people want to watch strictly comedy, "Bad Family" will probably be a better choice?

For more melodramatic tear-jerkers, maybe "Which Star R U From?"

I really don't know because I'm not watching any of the other dramas at the moment.

I have to completely disagree with that.

Bad Family is definitely more than just a comedy. There's a lot of drama and heartbreaking stories in that show. IMO, it's one of the best dramedies (drama + comedy) of all the recent Korean dramas made. I think I've cried in just about every single episode of that show, and not just tears from laughing, but of heartbreak too. I totally recommend giving it a watch! :)

What Star Are You From.. I haven't seen a single episode of that, but I can tell it's one of those average vehicles with two pretty faced stars driving the whole thing. It screams out fanservice to me.

There's actually a lot of really good, better than average dramas out (or recently ended) that seems like Korea hasn't been connecting with: Dr. Kang, Bad Family, Goodbye Solo (I'm currently putting that on hold for now), and Alone In Love (I'm saving that one for later). The numbers for these dramas haven't reached 20% which is quite sad when you have mediocre dramas like the weekend and daily dramas hitting huge numbers.

But ratings should never define how great a drama is and Dr. Kang is one of several dramas currently airing now which proves that.

By the way, I'm love Dal Go's mom. I loved that one scene when she cooked food for all those guys! :lol:

Guest donilpark

Hm. I don't think moon_blue is saying that Bad Family is just a strict comedy.

What she/he means is just that if people want a comedy, Bad Family is closer to that than Dr, Kkang.

Anyway, I have to agree that it's a wonder why some of the good dramas are overlooked.

Like Special of My Life (I'm definitely gonna rewatch this when it gets aired through cable) or Chosun Scientific Investigation Unit Byeolsungeom (I feel so bad about this one. It had such a tremendous potential... only if they supported this show a bit more... We could've had a long run masterpiece)

I guess that's the level where Korean viewers are at.

Guest xaznxremnantx1

you know yang dong won comes from a very prestigious family. Many of his family members are famous actors/singers/ entertainers in their day. He came from a uprising family. My aunt in korea knows many of his relatives.... ^^

Guest leeesax3

thx so much for the links :P currently watching episode 6 just waiting for the episode 7,8......at first

i thought YangDongGun was REALLY weird.... :phew: but he got better as i watched it :lol: han ga in is doing great shes so cute with her HUGE eyes :w00t:

so these are the links that are not expired yet

EPISODE 1 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HLKXI45G

EPISODE 2 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1QAKXZ2

EPISODE 3 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DON45W0U

EPISODE 4 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3MFUKQTK

EPISODE 5 - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B5QEJ9GG [Credits moon_blue]

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3ga66e

EPISODE6 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/w1rxb8 [Credits moon_blue]

Guest Drunken Epik

Anyone have the Megaupload versions of Episodes 7 and 8? Or if someone can put them on youtube...whatever works. Thanks. That would be greatly appreciated.

Guest smr05

omg.. so much happened in episode 8.. it was sooo good !!

i feel sorry for ydg..

he loves the girl, whos brother death was partly due to him..

because of that he finds himself worthless in loving her..

i noe i m not supposed 2 ask tis, but is te S2 Subbing Team gonna sub 4 tis?! non-Koreans will b missing out on tis gud Kdrama. i noe of several dramas tats wasn't TATS gud, but there were subs 4 it. if there is no subs, i will continue 2 watch 2 tis 2 support Han Ga In. tis is her 1st drama after her marriage n popularity 4rm "Super Rookie".

Guest renni72

I finally managed to watch episodes 5 & 6 from youtube.com :blink: ...waited to long. The sendspace downloads were also not successful - "download over the quota" and the MU never seem to work!!

Still cannot understand the dialogues but can get the gist of the plot etc.

Can't wait to be able to watch the DVD with the subs!

The scenes of YDG and HGI were fun and sweet .....the bubbles scene, the washing scene, the watch (YDG was so funny in this scene when he first got the watch from HGI) :blush: she was so embarassed by his antics, the meals they share etc....

Archived