Hello chingus! It's been ages. 

I have been AFK for a while and it's mostly because of a few changes in my regular every day. I wanted to say hello and let you know that I am here, I try my best to atleast make it to the forum once a day, but to be completely honest, worklife is so busy! As many of you know, unilife ended for me in june and now it's trying to settle into a new life with job and "adult responsibilities" (LOL). BUT, I AM HERE! And I can't stop sighing at ANY sight of GY, and I keep track of his latest movements! Instagrraam is a great way to stay updated sometimes, or especially the discovery account to see most of GY <3 

And happy birthday dear @Noor90 !!! I really hope you had an amazing day! How did you celebrate? 

@gongi @jaysmurf @kentangbakar @staygold @marie1986 @tok-soompi  ! Nice to see you all drifitng the thread onwards with your activities :D 

How are all of you doing? 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, yoogal said:

Hi everyone,

I was hoping somebody can help me translate this:

Is this a public event? and where will it be held?

it is about event for SKBroadband 20th anniversary.

They will hold fansign for their customers, and the celebrity is their model, GY.

There is time, venue and steps how to qualifies yourself for the fansign event. 

• Like 2

Thank you for all the gy updates, everyone.

I miss him so much and looking at pictures of him every day helps. And I just want to be his fan.  But sometimes I feel insecure. I feel insecure because he’s a South Korean man. I’m not South Korean. I’m not Asian.

I’m black or African-American. I wonder “Would he ever notice me if I got to see him?”

Would he look at me and say, “I don’t like black people”? Would he ignore me because I’m black? Because he saw a black face in the crowd? If he doesn’t like black people? I understand.

Will I be sad because my sweet darling gy doesn’t like black people? Yes, but it’s his choice. I don’t want to accuse anyone of anything but I feel like the reason I don’t get along with anyone here on gy’s page or on soompi at all is because I’m one of GY’s black fans. I’m really sensitive. Gonna talk about me for a second. 

Do any of you know how hard it was for me to graduate from college as a black person?  It was really hard and I faced a lot of racism and criticism. I was bullied. I was probably labeled “Angry Black Woman.”

I believe calling a black person angry is very common. A lot of people think black women are always angry and bitter. And gy’s soompi page is my favorite place online. And when I kept getting angry here in gy’s page I decided that I was acting like “An Angry Black Woman.”

And it sucks because I read this forum every day and I want to comment on your posts. I want to interact with a lot of you. I want to drool over gy. I want to fangirl/fanboy over him with some of you. I want to say, “Why is he so perfect and cute and sexy and charming?!” But I don’t think I can because I am black. And when I do drool over gy I use gifs of black people. My reactions to gy are always of someone black. Because I am black and I relate to other black people. I think I made some of you uncomfortable using gifs of black people. By the way, those gifs and reactions were always meant to be funny reactions to gy. That’s it. But no one laughed. That’s okay. I can’t control anyone. Let’s be honest a lot of other races aren’t used to black people. I think black people scare other races. Here in America black men and women and children get shot everyday because they are black. There is a lot of racism going on here now. So doesn’t it make sense if I ask, “Does that gy fan ignore me because I’m black?” "Is that GY fan afraid of me because I'm black and scary?"

Now back to GY and me sort of. I’ve come to accept that as a black fan of gy’s I need to be prepared for other gy fans to hate me. Maybe some gy fans don’t like black people and that’s their business. Does it make me sad? Yes. Because I think all his fans should be treated equally. Gay, straight, bisexual, lesbian, transgender, or other. I think all his black, white, Asian, Hispanic, Arabian, Muslim fans should be treated equally. I think all fans of his should be treated equally. No matter what race, age, religion, culture, cultural background, heritage, ethnicity, education level, social status, rich or poor, depressed, poor mental health, health problems, disabled, army veterans, etc. And if I said his racist fans don’t deserve to be treated equally that would make me a hypocrite. I think that would make me a bigot. And I try so hard not to be a bigot. And I think hate is hate. How can I hate his racist fans? I can’t. They are wrong, yes, but they are still his fans. And I don't think  any of us are perfect. I think we are learning to accept each other and learn  more about those who are different from us every day. I think we can only get better if we try. 

Will all his fans be treated equally? Probably not, but I think we can only be hopeful. 

So I joined a shipping forum for gy and kge on all kpop. It's run by the same people who used to run GY KGE shipping forum here on soompi(Still angry that it's gone. But I don't know the full story of what happened there. And I see a lot of other shipping threads trending on Soompi and I get jealous! ) I am a late shipper and I didn’t like kge at first and I didn’t think she fit gy. But I started to watch videos on YouTube and I started shipping them because of their amazing chemistry together. This is just my opinion. However a lot of shippers are losing hope and some have even thrown gy away completely. Some don’t even ship him with her anymore and it hurts me because I really put my emotions into gy and kge couple and I admired those shippers. I don't know why they stopped shipping her with him. I think he's just simply not good enough for her because I think he's too depressed and too moody. I think he's too much of a hermit. That's just my opinion.

Now they just post pictures of kge. I feel sad, but every gy kge shipper is kge biased so I shouldn’t be surprised. I’m learning more about kge and I understand why they like her and not him. I hate her sometimes and I say bad things about her but I’m trying to get better and I’m trying to give her a chance. And it hurts because I was afraid gy kge shippers would throw him away some day like he’s a piece of trash. And they did. I couldn’t help but think,

“Why don’t they care about him as Gong Ji Chul, the human being?”

Well, whoever they ship her with now is very lucky. I hope her fans like him. I still ship him with kge and it’s okay if they moved on. I showed my anger in this forum more than once. I showed them an angry black person.

Wow this post is getting long.

What I’m trying to say is I’ve shown my angry black person to a lot of these gy kge shippers and I can’t help but think they hate me because I’m black. 

By the way, I think gy has chemistry with all his co-stars, male or female. So I ship him with everyone and anything. I think he's so good he can romance a piece of furniture! I think he is so beautiful. Inside and out. 

I don’t know what race anyone else here is, but I felt like sharing mine. This is a long post and trust me it has everything to do with GY. 

And I think we should just focus on him here. You know,  @staygold asked me to just talk about gy and his work here. She was very nice about it. I attacked her. I feel guilty every day. She told me in PM that she doesn’t come to gy’s thread often, and I attacked her about that too because my feelings were hurt. I asked, “Why not? He’s such a lovely man.” But I can’t force her to be GY’s fan. I know that now.

So, I’m sorry I tried to force you to be his fan @staygold

And I’ve noticed that Gy really makes me take a look at myself and try to fix my mistakes. I think it’s like that because he’s always trying to improve himself and fix things about himself. I think he’s too hard on himself :(

So, I love each and every one of you even though you don’t love me back. I think you are all adorable. I don’t know how you are offline though. This is just my opinion. I don't want to leave this place. I don't want to leave soompi. But again, I'm black.

Thank you.

Edit: I keep editing. Lots of mistakes. Sigh

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 4

http://m.byseries.com/featured/special_view.html?special_id=13238

Are the images huge!?!! I will put them in spoiler tag. 

Spoiler

c6111938-b585-4785-a54a-94f0b501670d.jpg

@2handsintertwined It doesn't offend me that you think I am not his fan. But I am sorry you spent your energy and emotions being frustrated that I am not his fan. Please note that what I am writing is not meant to offend you. I am replying so that you don't feel I am angry.

Whether I fit anyone's parameters of being a fan/admirer is not my concern. I will like someone in my own way. I will like other actors/actresses too along with GY if I find them likable.

I personally couldn't tell what race you belong to because of the gifs you used. 

Again I repeat I do not intend to make you angry with my reply.

Edited by staygold
Reply to 2handsintertwined
  • Like 4

@staygold @_Dokkaebi_ thank u for wishing me happy birthday:wub:

@marie86 thank u best my sister  you're the  best sister ever :heart:

@tok-soompi yes i love GY & MY q friendship . They are like real brothers . i love how they kept their friendship for more than 8 years 

@2handsintertwined i am sorry to read your story and how black people not treated well in U.S but that's our world , we live in unfair world . Many Asian & Arabian people aren't treated well too in U.S .but here i think we don't differentiate fans depend on their cultural , background or color . we just love gorgeous man called GY . I know being  GY fan & following him  isn't easy thing especially he disappears alot so some of his fans spend this time watching other dramas & movies , may like other actors & actresses beside him , but once he choose new project , all reunite again to support him . 

I'll say one last thing that our GY is great person inside & outside , but most fans knew him after Goblin & train to busan , all look at him as top actor who should appear everywhere smiling , having fun  , ignoring he's human being who has his faults , who can be stressed & depressed too . they don't know how GY worked so hard to be in this level , how 2016 was a tough year for him . They expected many things from him . i guess you understand what i mean , also i don't want to bring up Shippers issues here cuz you already know my opinion .

Here GY with his fans and how he's so good with them ,  i'll post his pics with fans in spoiler tag 

Spoiler

19420522_830039067149727_525079231249458

18425199_807313466088954_525760732650127

0zn5ejkqzjlb0zhm6auirh4c6c9iykxy.jpg

19022601.jpg?zoom=2

20842086_861310137355953_119284805409007

• Like 3

October Movie Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Ma-Dong-Seok-Lee-Jong-Suk-Gong-Yoo.jpg

On October 28, the Korean Business Research Institute announced the October brand reputation rankings for movie actors.

Lee Jong Suk took second place, and Gong Yoo followed in third. The brand reputation rankings for movie actors factor in participation index, media index, communication index, and community index when analyzing consumers’ brand consumption patterns.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/27/october-movie-actor-brand-reputation-rankings-revealed/

Gong yoo is No.1 in advertising model brand reputation 

0000996876_001_20171029085222337.jpg?typ

Actor Gong yoo was ranked # 1 in male advertising model brand reputation survey in October, 2017. 

The Korea Reputation Research Institute analyzes 22,602,417 brand data of 50 male brand models from September 27 to October 28, 2017, and communicates with consumers through brand participation. And the diffusion amount was measured. 
In October of 2017, the brand reputation rankings of men were ranked in the order of Gong Yoo, Ma Dong Seok, Gang Daniel, Lee Sang Min, Park Sukjoon, Park Seo Jun, Hyun Bin, Kim Soo Hyun, Song Jung Ki and Ji Dragon. 

, And Gong Yoo brand reputation was analyzed index 3,309,639 as the participation index 84,794 communication index 1,740,887 community index 1,483,958. In September, advertising brand brand reputation index surged 777.48% from 377,176. 

The Korea Reputation Research Institute said, "Gong Yoo was selected as a good model for advertisers by the advertisers selected by the Korean Advertisers Association in 2017. Gong Yoo is being shown in a number of ads including SK Broadband BTV, Kia Motors K7, "He said.

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000996876

I'm so glad  GY still  has big effect even he keeps low profile , he's still in Top.3 in movie actor brand reputation even he doesn't have any movie since Last year ,

he's No.1 in model brand reputation even he doesn't have any new CF , or attend any event or shoot any new ,magazine  , That's Gong yoo ^_^

Congratulations Gong yoo oppa :wub: 

Gong yoo message to Korean Advertisers Association cuz he was chosen as best model of 2017 , he apologized cuz he couldn't attend because of his tight Schedule 

• Like 3

22851745_898021993684767_908696458342959

22780259_898022017018098_232842309143949

22789083_898022060351427_691172659788114

22852046_898022097018090_130041329447473

22814263_898022153684751_148965410062938

22852213_898022193684747_513404408125951

22780692_898022230351410_698296818464825

22780468_898022310351402_265142772843425

22780272_898022443684722_499717925345152

Spoiler

22789036_898022283684738_826479094282433

22780647_898022343684732_185053392522584

22815615_898022370351396_437691705813212

22852937_898022390351394_760655427764947

22780475_898022417018058_141385968154919

22730577_898022477018052_642486263669576

22789003_898022547018045_225895718471185

22852920_898022560351377_773939343301539

Asus zenfone {BTS}

Wow , i love these {BTS} GY looks comfortable , smiling , cute , happy . He also has Great chemistry with Tatjana saphira even they first time to meet , He is Rocco King :wub:

• Like 3

@staygold I understand what you're saying. And thank you for not being angry at me :).

@Noor90 You're right. I also think we live in an unfair world. Thank you for posting GY with his fans. I looked at the pictures in the spoiler and I didn't know GY took a picture with a black fan! You've given me some hope! So maybe he does like black people? I don't know. I hope he does :). And thank you for sharing GY's updates. I wonder what GY is thinking right now? I think he's thinking, "I love all my fans." :D. Just kidding. :D 

• Like 2

@tok-soompi Sent you a PM! Yes, I agree with you. GY needs to stop playing with his cat. But I'm really curious about what you said.

Related image

Edit:  @tok-soompiI quoted what I'm curious about. You won't answer! I don't know why. You have me confused too! I am shooketh by you!  But GY needs to stay woke. I think he's been woke lately though. Don't you?

• Like 1

credit: gongyooarab

and 

Cr: individual pic to the rightful owner - 

Dear GY,

Don't cry, my sweet baby :( 

I'm here for you. *opens her arms and hugs you* I can rub your hair as you cry. I can do anything just to see you smile. I agree with what she said, "Being soft-hearted doesn't make Yoo a weak person. It takes courage to stay delicate in a world that is sometimes cruel." What she said is perfect.

Oh my soft-hearted boy. I'm just a new fan, but it hurts me when you cry.  Love you *kisses GY on the cheek* and *wipes away his tears* and *kisses him on his cute little nose*

GY, you're making me cry too, baby.

Image result for black people crying gifs

Edit: Someone please post some GY stuff. I think it looks bad if one person posts about GY.

@tok-soompi Busy girl, you still haven't answered my question. And yes, I'm glad you agree with me in PM. HJM is so beautiful. She's going to kill me. I just want to fall in love with her and I'm a girl. I can fall in love right? Seeing her face makes me happy. I know this is GY thread, but I can't help it. Please, your bias HJM is killing me with her beauty and perfection.  

Image result for Han Ji Min

Oh my goodness. Help! Get her away from me. I understand why you bias her. What a beautiful human being. She doesn't even have to try hard to be beautiful. And look at how gentle she is. Send help! I'm about to die. 

I'm so sorry.

Image result for Han Ji Min

Look at her smile. She needs to smile. It's too late for me.

I'm glad she's  GY's friend. I'm glad he has such a sweet friend :). I'm happy that he got to meet her :). She's like an angel sent from heaven.

No I am not being fake with your bias @tok-soompi These are my real feelings.

She makes me so happy! I'm fangirling so hard! 

Image result for happy black girl gif

Edit: I'm so sorry GY, baby. Please let me fangirl over her a little :D.

GY's like:

"Fine, just this once. And I'm watching you."

credit: popori.love.s.y 

Isn't he just so cute here. Wanna give him a kiss

@Noor90 Sent you a reply... But you didn't reply me :(.

Edit: I keep editing this. 

• LOL 2

@staygold Thank you for posting some GY!!! And thank you for the updates. You're my hero :).  I like all the pictures you posted of GY, but wow! The picture you posted of him on the stool? God! Woot woot! He looks so sexy on that stool. I can't stop staring at him. He looks so handsome and perfect. He doesn't look real. I'm looking at his long sexy legs in his sexy shoes. His shoes look so sexy on his feet. Beautiful feet. The way he holds the cup of coffee is so sexy. He looks good in his white shirt and black pants. Ooh! 

This is my reaction to GY after seeing that sexy picture of him sitting on the stool.

Image result for black girl thinking someone is sexy gif

"Hey there sexy Gong Yoo!"

"You're so sexy, Gong Yoo."

"Hey, Gong Yoo, Hey!"

"Get your sexy butt off that stool, GY."

"Can I sit on your lap, Gong Yoo?"

"Gong Yoo, can I have some of your coffee? :D"

After the stool photo, I like the photo where he's wearing the long coat and he's looking back at the water. Is it just me or he looks good from every angle? We can't even see his face and he still looks good!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

credit: i heartyoo17

Your smile could light up a room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@tok-soompi I know you're busy, but I'm just trying to make you come out of hiding. So here is your bias HJM attending GY's movie premiere for A Man and A Woman. 

Han Ji Min supporting GY at A Man and A Woman VIP Premiere

Here is the Age of Shadows Vlive:

http://www.vlive.tv/video/12034.Gong+Yoo+

I think this is a funny moment from Vlive. I think this will make you laugh:

4wWiKxs.png

VFqLg0t.png

O86t9SF.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 2