Guest love_jesus

chigurl and Ailin*, you guys are AWESOME! thanks so much for the fan meeting coverage. i heard that etn might show one too? maybe?

as i was watching, i can't help but say that i was soooooooooooooooooo jealous of those girls who got spend time with our man gongyoo. :] it looked like an amazing couple hours and i'm sure everyone had a great time. gong yoo had on the biggest smile. so cute ^^ and YES! i finally got to hear his awesome voice. ^^ i loved the OFD song he sang. i wish i could hear the whole thing but that small clip was pretty satisfying. now, ggong oppa can rest and have fun. hopefully, he'll come back soon <3

below. Translated for anyone who was interested. It's pretty similar to the other one I translated, though, with a little more. I only translated the script that came with it. i don't know if it's everything that was in the vid. *^^*

YTN star news clip: Gong Yoo's recent fan meeting transl.

Movie, Drama, CF and all the way to Japan.. Gong Yoo, one of Korea's most popular actors these days, held a recent fan meeting that became a moment to remember for all. Let's look into the hot love that these fans have poured onto Gong Yoo..

[Gong Yoo]

"Hi everyone. I am Gong Yoo."

Q) Did you prepare anything special for this fan meeting?

A) "I didn't prepare anything long, or practice anything big. I just thought I'd come with my true self to show my fans. .. Maybe one or two songs?"

Our star for today finally came up on stage.

Gong Yoo sings the two songs that he prepared for this fan meeting. As soon as he stands up front he begins to sing one song. Listen carefully. Isn't his singing capabiliity FANTASTIC?

'NoMaJin'(GAG name) Jang Dong Hyuk was there to lead this fan meeting.

[Jang Dong Hyuk] "Andre Kim sells clothes and Gong Yoo is the man that sells hardtack and star candy~ Your fan club name is 'YOO&I'. Do you know what it stands for?

[Gong Yoo]"Of course I do. YOO is my last name. but i think more in depth it could be YOU and I"

[Jang Dong Hyuk]"Like Let's YOU and I GONGYOO (share)"

The Fan Club's name is really meaningful, isn't it?

It's been a while since the last fan meeting. A cake was brought out, but Gong Yoo's reaction... seems like he had kind of a delayed reaction. ^^

"It would be nice if we did this more often. I want to apologize for not having this earlier. I really hope that today everyone would have a fun and happy time together with me."

Of course! This time is so very important to Gong Yoo's fans.

To express their love, Gong Yoo's fans prepared seperate gifts for him. One fan made a photo album of pictures of Gong Yoo's fan meeting in Japan. Another gave him a bedroom clock.

There was another time where Gong Yoo tested his fans.

To name one, there was the Golden Bell O x Quiz! but the questions weren't so easy.

[Gong Yoo] "10th question. From 'One Fine Day' the name Gun has a special meaning. Gun goes with with 'Haneul and Gun' (Open Sky). Please write Gun in its chinese character.

It's a hard question. Every one seems to not know it.

[Jang Dong Hyuk] "Wait! Everyone we have here an honor student. If it's alright with you, how old are you?"

This was more surprising than the her answering the question right.

[Fan] "Do I have to tell you?"

[Jang Dong Hyuk] "Well, I'm not interested anyway..."

[Fan] "In korean age, 50"

Gong Yoo had many different aged fans. the 50 year old fan placed first place and Gong Yoo and her took a picture together with the shirt that she gave to him as a gift.

[Gong Yoo] Doesn't it(the shirt) look like it? Like when I open my gymnasium." ^^

Now that we have covered the fan's love, it was Gong Yoo's time to talk. The famous 5 word talk.

[Fan] Are you satisfied as an actor. (well it's five words in korean x)

[Gong Yoo] "Are you kidding me?(again five words in korean)"

"A lot of times i think why i took this road in my life... All that dissapears though when i stand in front of the camera. Sometimes i think more than when i rest, when I act i can feel myself living even though my body gets tired.

Q) If you weren't an actor, what would you have wanted to be?

A) "I like weight llifting so later on.. it doesn't have to be big or an amazing sports center or anything. but just a small place where people nearby can come and work out.

[Fans] "Make it cheap. Just let us use it"

[Gong Yoo] "No way. We have to do it the proper way when dealing with money. i'm thinking maybe 50,000won ($50) a month.

[Fans] "That's too cheap."

[Gong Yoo] Ah, well it's not like I'm doing it to get money. It's more to help the one person out there who needs to be healthier anyway...

Q) You had the fan meeting in Japan a while ago...

A) "I was thinking possibly 2 or 3 people might be waiting at the airport, but once the doors opened almost 200 people on each side crowded around me. I didn't even think this would happen. so i was waving my hands kind of stupidly when bodyguards came up to me suddenly and picked me up from both sides. I couldn't even think straight. Later on they pretty much threw me in the car and then we were off.

[Jang Dong Hyuk] "Seems like you were like luggage. like a delivery..."

[Gong Yoo] "I hope that everyone would keep this happy mood right now and return home safely."

Though the fans want to stay longer, time is already up. Gong Yoo sings a song for the last part of the meeting sharing with the fans the inconveniece of the parting.

Q) What are you going to do now?

A) "After finishing shooting the drama, I haven't had much time to rest. I'll recharge my body and heart and hopefully in the future return with a new piece of work in front of everyone with a healthy appearance. I think it might be a movie." ^__________________^

Q) To the Fans

A) " It's really hot these days so be healthy and safe, watch out for food, and always be happy. Thank you all for always supporting me. Be happy" :]

Gong Yoo made a huge impact in Japan recently, with his drama 'Hardtack Teacher and Star Candy'. We look forward to seeing our Hallyu Star, Gong Yoo, in the future.

Guest djoching

thanks for the translations especially for us who can't understand korean... GY has a rich sense of humor as shown in his interview about SY... so funny...

i fon;t know why it;s an honor to model for andre kim.... those clothes... eek.. the fishnet shirt ... good thing GY looks hot enough for us to look beyond the clothes...

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Thanks for all the pics and links to vido clips... ^^

Have to redownload Hardtack Teacher and Starcandy again... sigh... corrupted files...

I guess I can always rewatch One Fine Day... :D

Guest samgirl

^^ Ailin

"Also randomly as well, yes...Gong Yoo's cyworld is a good source of goodies! Just to comment on that vid on the second to last page of an OFD interview you're referring to...Gong Yoo was so naughty teasing Sung Yuri like that! (I hope it's the one you're talking about.) I'm talking about the Section TV news clip (5/31/06) where the 4 casts of "One Fine Day" were being interviewed at the day of the press conference. Nam Goong Min started the joke saying that Sung Yuri liked the buffed up/muscled type of men and so he doesn't think he'll have a chance winning her heart in the drama with the role he's playing. And then Gong Yoo jumped in with a serious face saying that the director gave him a heart-felt talk telling him that Sung Yuri liked these kind of men with a good physique so in order for Sung Yuri to act well in her role, as the person who's acting opposite her...he has to constantly work-out at the gym and wear low-collared clothing. Sung Yuri got all flustered and embarrassed, laughing away saying that it's not true. Then Gong Yoo said something like, "Therefore I'm so stressed out about it and I don't know if this is all for acting or for fulfulling Sung Yuri's desires!" ROFL! Ah Gong Yoo, what a funny guy he is! "

anyone has the video of this? please?

Guest Ailin*

Ailin* youre too quick :lol:

Heeheehee! :sweatingbullets: You too chigurl! :P Thanks for that Sendspace link! :blush:

love_jesus, by now I probably sound like a broken record but I still have to say it again...THANKS SO MUCH for your fantastic translations of the YTN Star news clip of Gong Yoo's fan meet! It looked like so much fun. And Gong Yoo does have a nice voice! ;) Woooo...his next project might be a movie. Can't wait! B)

^^ Ailin

anyone has the video of this? please?

samgirl, here's a Youtube link of that funny, funny interview clip that love_jesus and I were referring to. :P

One Fine Day Interview (MBC Section TV 05.31.06)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4am8h3hIGw

Guest luisainfante

once again thank you love_jesus for the translation..youre awesome :blush:

dont worry bout posting too much on this tread, theres a bunch of us that live on this thread including me :P

Ailin* thank for the pic and the link to the show..

too bad i cant understand what he is saying cuz he talks alot in this show :(

he looks really good though..he he

thanks aalhl for the modeling pics

i really think that he could/should have been a model if he didn become an actor

that one pic where hes wearing a sheer shirt....wow :w00t:

heres what we have been looking for news clip of the fan meet

in the clip we finally get to see wat went on...yayyy

we see him sing two songs(he sounds really good), open gifts and answer questions..

they had a cake for him and he was pretending to be surprised :lol:

watching him jus make me smile :blush:

gy_fanmeet.jpg

sendspace

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5ead54

youtube

be back later with the link

Ailin* youre too quick :lol:

Hi thanks so much for the vid. but it link in sendspace doesnt work....? Whe?

Hey! Glad to hear that! :) Hehe..actually, we already posted those Vidal Sassoon CF links a page earlier, being the huge fangirls we are for Gong Yoo. :P But thanks anyway, for sharing them with us here again. There are actually 3 parts to the CF. You can find that first part called "Interview" on page 17 with the other two parts: "Paparazzi" and "Scandal Movie." And if I understood this correctly, I think these CFs are solely released and shown thru VSclub.co.kr website only. I think that's probably why they created all that buzz about Gong Yoo's mysterious "girlfriend" before all these CFs were released to the public. And I think it worked because I'm surprised there's still media coverage...daily articles and news clips about it. Ingenious!

Thanks chigurl for that latest YTN Star news clip, as well as the additional photos of Gong Yoo's fan meet! :)

Speaking about the fan meet, love_jesus, you've outdone yourself yet again! :D Everytime I come here, I find your wonderful translations! Aside from that, thanks for sharing that fan's first-hand account of the fan meet. I'm glad everyone had a good time.

Also randomly as well, yes...Gong Yoo's cyworld is a good source of goodies! Just to comment on that vid on the second to last page of an OFD interview you're referring to...Gong Yoo was so naughty teasing Sung Yuri like that! (I hope it's the one you're talking about.) I'm talking about the Section TV news clip (5/31/06) where the 4 casts of "One Fine Day" were being interviewed at the day of the press conference. Nam Goong Min started the joke saying that Sung Yuri liked the buffed up/muscled type of men and so he doesn't think he'll have a chance winning her heart in the drama with the role he's playing. And then Gong Yoo jumped in with a serious face saying that the director gave him a heart-felt talk telling him that Sung Yuri liked these kind of men with a good physique so in order for Sung Yuri to act well in her role, as the person who's acting opposite her...he has to constantly work-out at the gym and wear low-collared clothing. :lol: Sung Yuri got all flustered and embarrassed, laughing away saying that it's not true. :D Then Gong Yoo said something like, "Therefore I'm so stressed out about it and I don't know if this is all for acting or for fulfulling Sung Yuri's desires!" ROFL! :P:lol: Ah Gong Yoo, what a funny guy he is! :D

Thanks for sharing that photo with us, MiGkYo! Just the other day I saw this pic of Gong Yoo modeling at one of Andre Kim's fashion shows (back in 2003?) I was a bit surprised and didn't realize he did that before because I heard those who get to model Andre Kim's clothes have to achieve a certain level of fame and popularity. Well, good for him! (not for modeling Andre Kim's clothes that seem to look the same all the time, but I mean for Gong Yoo to reach that level of fame and popularity to do so) :)

2e73c057.jpg

credit: daum

Anyway, I found the following screen caps for another "Come To Play" show that Gong Yoo, Kim Sun Ah, and Nam Sang Mi went on together last year to promote their movie "She's On Duty." (Ep.40 dated 3/12/05)

73d0f38e.jpg

8e52f421.jpg

b004bab0.jpg

1fa80c5e.jpg

credit: cyworld

Although I couldn't locate a standalone copy of it, I found that this person's daum blog has a streaming clip of it. :)

http://blog.daum.net/junghe91/4884516

Wow!!! Thanks so much for the caps! Does anyone have the clip in non-clubbox?

Guest chigurl

thanks again love_jesus for coming thru with the translation...

havent found the ETN news clip yet but dont worry once i see it i will post it up

hopefully they will show more of the fan meet activities

heres the youtube link (sorry it took awhile kinda forgot about it..he he)

YOUTUBE >> GONG YOU YTN STAR NEWS 8/23/06 ABOUT FAN MEETING

Hi thanks so much for the vid. but it link in sendspace doesnt work....? Whe?

i think sendspace site was down earlier but its working now or maybe you cant access the site..not sure :unsure:

its ok, since i jus posted the youtube link you can jus watch from there

by the way jus a friendly reminder to not qoute pictures cuz it takes away from our bandwith...

jus take da img tags off...thank you :)

Guest love_jesus

Again your welcome with translations. :D and just want to say thank you to Ailin* and chigurl for posting/uploading the interviews and a bunch of others. I always look forward to your guys' posts.^^ You two are awesome! Anyway, there is a MNET interview vid of the fan meeting as well, but it seems pretty much the same as the YTN one. i watched it on his cy so i don't know how to post it here, but if you want to go watch it there you can. ^^ There's a little extra part about what Gong Yoo thought about the 'scandal' ^^ (for CF).

Guest Ailin*

love_jesus, thanks for the heads-up about the 8/24 Mnet interview vid of Gong Yoo's fan meeting. :D

For those who want to view the vid, try this link here...

http://player.mnet.com/cjwebvodplayer/WebVodPlayer.asp?strMediaID=12253&strType=NEWS

The transcript is located here...

http://enterview.mnet.com/MzoneNews/ETNNews_Viw.asp?SlvMenuID=0&DateInfo=20060824&NewsID=12253

Just curious, what DID Gong Yoo think about the "Scandal" (CF)? :P

edit

I'm not sure if I misinterpreted it, but did that "Scandal CF" really caused a 'scandal' for Gong Yoo amongst his friends? Did his friends call him up and asked him who she was, like "who's the new girlfriend?" and said she was pretty? If so, LOL! :lol:

Guest Ailin*

And guys, here is the long awaited 8/24 ETN news clip of Gong Yoo's Fan Meeting held this past Sunday on Aug. 20th. I must say that Gong Yoo received pretty good coverage on his fan meet...first YTN Star, Mnet, and now ETN. :P

I don't know how to extract this vid, just like the Mnet one, so here's a link to the page where you can click on the blue button to view the vid.

http://www.ietn.co.kr/2006/entertainment/view.php?idx=21002&code=0101

Just a quick comment...I found it interesting that the anchors on all three entertainment news shows all said Gong Yoo sang really well and can be a gasoo! :lol:

Welcome *lilyisland* to Gong Yoo's thread! He is, isn't he? :)

Guest love_jesus

edit

I'm not sure if I misinterpreted it, but did that "Scandal CF" really caused a 'scandal' for Gong Yoo amongst his friends? Did his friends call him up and asked him who she was, like "who's the new girlfriend?" and said she was pretty? If so, LOL! :lol:

thanks for the ETN interview link Ailin*. Gong Yoo is everywhere!! ^^ and yeah, you're right about the 'scandal CF' being an actual scandal. well, it worked, getting all his fans and his friends confused. :]

here's a Sang Sang Plus part of where the people on the show call Gong Yoo for help on a question. i think it's hilarious. <3 sorry if it's been posted. :T

http://myhome.hanafos.com/~jonglim0830/%BB...B7%AF%BD%BA.wmv

credit: cafe.daum/gongyoo

[need windows media player to watch]

-song playing in the background. Lee Chun Hee needs to find out the title of it.

[GY]- hello?

[LCH]- hello?

[GY]- ggong?

[GY]- yeah, it's me Chun Hee.

[LCH]- Listen carefully.

[GY]- Talk to me.

[LCH]- The question is..

[others]- tell him this is Sang Sang Plus first..

[GY]- what?

[LCH]- i'm on Sang Sang Plus..

[GY]- ... yeah right.

[GY]- You're serious? you're recording now?

[LCH]- yeah.

[GY]- ah hi Jae Hoon hyung(addresed as older brother or friend.

hi Hee Jae hyung.

[Hee Jae]- Hi. We still watch you on you're drama.

[GY]- it's been a while since the drama's been over.

( i dunno this part, all i hear is buncha murmering. i guess GY helps him with the answer

but LCH get's it wrong..)

In the meantime, a text is recieved from GY ^^

'You thought you had me fooled. You're probably drinking with hyungs (the other people).

I knew it. what to do with you. puhehe.'

[Jae Hoon]- you should reply to him, 'yeah, we can't fool you.'

Guest Rxgoodleaf

Found "Screen" (스크린)!!!

Downloading now...

So happy! ^^

Edit: Before anyone ask... not at a CB but a pay-to-download site called Hardmoa... sorry...

Found "Screen" (스크린)!!!

Downloading now...

So happy! ^^

Edit: Before anyone ask... not at a CB but a pay-to-download site called Hardmoa... sorry...

wow!! that's great. Do let us know how the story went! I've been looking for this drama for a long time but couldn't find it. Maybe you can upload it to a filehost and share with us?? :P :blush:

Guest Ailin*

...and yeah, you're right about the 'scandal CF' being an actual scandal. well, it worked, getting all his fans and his friends confused. :]

here's a Sang Sang Plus part of where the people on the show call Gong Yoo for help on a question. i think it's hilarious. <3 sorry if it's been posted. :T

Oh thanks for verifying that the "Scandal CF" actually became a real scandal for him. LOL! I can imagine all the explaining he has to do with his friends and fans. :D Well, it worked particularly well to turn a "fake" scandal into a real one! :P

And thanks for that Sang Sang Plus clip. It was really funny! That couldn't be possible without your wonderful translations again, love_jesus...thank you so much for them! :blush:

Going back to his CFs, here are some links to his CFs (not all, but a good list of them).

Demisoda Drink

http://www.donga-otsuka.co.kr/uploa...vcf/DEMI30s.wmv

Crown Jolly Pong snack

http://www.crown.co.kr/upload/movie/jollypong_gong.wmv

LG

http://admin.lgad.co.kr/upload/10-6.asf

Hanafos (Hanaro Telecom)

http://www.hanaro.com/pr/cf/cf_movie/2005_03.mpg with Lee Wan OR DOWNLOAD

http://www.hanaro.com/pr/cf/cf_movie/2005_05_3.mpg with Kim Sun Ah OR DOWNLOAD

Some ad photos with Lee Wan for Hanafos...

cc0222ba.jpg

986a7647.jpg

f71b9232.jpg

9ab02e4d.jpg

714c10c2.jpg

23a83ed8.jpg

5c166a6a.jpg

credit: daum

Some randoms pics...

Making faces

f609a650.jpg

aca6e485.jpg

Black & white

1b34000b.jpg

0719d792.jpg

e4b24afc.jpg

Ailin, thanks for the clips from GY's CF..

For all Yoo'ers out there, I have another goodies here...

It's Andre Kim's fashion show. Enjoy!

http://endloves.cafe24.com/ggong/GGongANG2003.wmv

Anybody knows what MV is this? It features Gong Yoo, Ryu Shi Won and that guy from My Tutor Friend (i think)

http://file.mylisten.com/mv/asf/8/0806178.wmv

And finally I found Screen on this clubbox:

http://clubbox.co.kr/hansunzzang and also at http://clubbox.co.kr/yycaf

Guest chigurl

thanks for the ETN interview link Ailin*. Gong Yoo is everywhere!! ^^ and yeah, you're right about the 'scandal CF' being an actual scandal. well, it worked, getting all his fans and his friends confused. :]

yes, Gong Yoo is definely evrywhere ;)

which is a great thing since his popularity is going up..yay

he must have gotten alot of calls from friends asking about the "scandal"..he he

love_jesus thank you for this link and translation...

too bad i cant seem to watch it though

i tried to dwnload and open it but it only played for like 2 seconds :(

anybody else having trouble with it?

but from reading the translation its pretty funny :lol:

Rxgoodleaf, thanks for the pics of the drama "Screen"

can you tell me more about it like what is it about and how many episodes?

Ailin* you found the ETN clip :D

ive been looking evrywhere :wacko: well apparently not evrywhere..lol

thank you for the CFs and you too aalhl for the goodies ;)

i was thinking we should come up with a fun name for us Gong Yoo lovers..

or am i jus being cheesy :ph34r:

but if you love it share your ideas :P

Guest love_jesus

Ailin! thanks for the many pics!! is the hanafos CF with lee wan the one where GY is pretending to drive a car ^^ (i clicked on the link, but it's not working for me so i don't know.) if it is, gongyoo is so cute there :lol:

Rxgoodleaf, thanks for the info/pics on screen. i haven't seen this either, but i've seen very small clips of it. Is Gong Yoo and Kim Tae Hee the main characters here? or is the other guy the main character? i never figured that out. hopefully more info will pop up :]

aalhl, thanks for posting goodies! i watched the MV you posted for the first time. I've never seen this video nor heard this song. I wonder who sings it? Gong Yoo has long hair o.o i don't like it much, but he's still cute. overall, very depressing MV. T.T

chigurl, it would be pretty sweet if we had our own little name ^^ except i'm bad at coming up with names and ideas. >< hm.. maybe, YOOtopians (utpoian- inhabitant of an imagined perfect place[utopia])?^^ eh w/e :huh: i shared. other people share!

Oh yeah, and WE REACHED PAGE 20! ^____^ i remember the first time i spotted this thread it was page11 or some.. :] AJA FIGHTING!

Guest annababy

yes, Gong Yoo is definely evrywhere ;)

which is a great thing since his popularity is going up..yay

he must have gotten alot of calls from friends asking about the "scandal"..he he

love_jesus thank you for this link and translation...

too bad i cant seem to watch it though

i tried to dwnload and open it but it only played for like 2 seconds :(

anybody else having trouble with it?

but from reading the translation its pretty funny :lol:

Rxgoodleaf, thanks for the pics of the drama "Screen"

can you tell me more about it like what is it about and how many episodes?

Ailin* you found the ETN clip :D

ive been looking evrywhere :wacko: well apparently not evrywhere..lol

thank you for the CFs and you too aalhl for the goodies ;)

i was thinking we should come up with a fun name for us Gong Yoo lovers..

or am i jus being cheesy :ph34r:

but if you love it share your ideas :P

what SCANDAL?!!!??