Watch: “Coffee Prince” Cast Reminisces About The Joy They Felt On Set + Gong Yoo And Yoon Eun Hye Reunite

5d6ef21bee03446bad389941f826d7a9.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

The stars of “Coffee Prince” shared their love for the show as fans eagerly await their upcoming documentary!

The cast returns to the café of their hit drama in MBC’s documentary “My Dear Youth – Coffee Prince.” Ahead of its broadcast, some photos and quotes from the cast were shared!

It’s said that while fans around the world are passionate about the drama, the cast loves the show more than anyone. Gong Yoo, who played Choi Han Gyul in “Coffee Prince,” showed how much he loves the show while they were filming the documentary.

When asked why he briefly hesitated when he was contacted by the crew at first, Gong Yoo explained, “I wanted to continue to treasure ‘Coffee Prince’ with the same feelings I had back then. I have such great memories of ‘Coffee Prince,’ and I was worried that something might change or become distorted…”

He likened his feelings about “Coffee Prince” to a “first love” and said, “I usually can’t stand watching myself acting in my old projects, but Choi Han Gyul is a character that doesn’t make me feel very embarrassed. I’m not sure why that is.” He joked with a big smile, “Maybe my acting was really good?”

Lee Sun Gyun reminisced as he said he thinks the “Coffee Prince” team was one-of-a-kind. He shared, “I always wanted to get to the ‘Coffee Prince’ set early and leave late too. I’d go watch the filming even when I wasn’t in the scene.” He said that despite their tiring schedule, they’d go out after work for drinks, spending the night laughing and chatting together

Yoon Eun Hye said, “I still miss the sound of the director’s laugh. The ‘Coffee Prince’ set was a really exciting playground to me.” Chae Jung An shared, “Everyone coming together and working hard was the reason ‘Coffee Prince’ was a success.”

Kim Dong Wook commented, “It was a time when I did it because it was so enjoyable to do it. I was passionate and ambitious.” Kim Jae Wook said, “The ‘Coffee Prince’ members are a family to me, and I smile whenever I think of them.”

It’s said that the six cast members had so many memories to share that they couldn’t even all be fit in the documentary’s two parts.

A pre-release clip has also been shared from the first episode! It includes Gong Yoo at the café as he’s interviewed and he shares some of the comments above. While he’s sitting at the counter, Yoon Eun Hye arrives and surprises him. He says, “But I heard you’d already finished filming and left!” He asks if this is a surprise for him, and she replies, “Yes, they said they’re surprising you.”

“It’s been so long!” he says to her. “How long has it been? What a surprise!” She replies, “You’re exactly the same” and he tells her the same.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427262wpp/watch-coffee-prince-cast-reminisces-about-the-joy-they-felt-on-set-gong-yoo-and-yoon-eun-hye-reunite

'Coffee Prince' documentary: Gong Yoo, Yoon Eun-hye reunite after 13 years

Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun-hye, who starred in MBC's hit rom-com "Coffee Prince" (2007), will reunite on a two-part documentary that sheds new light on the show.

MBC floated a teaser video of "My Dear Youth ― Coffee Prince" on Wednesday, featuring the stars of the 17-episode series.

"I hesitated to appear in the documentary at first, fearing that my good memories about the drama would be spoiled or distorted," Gong Yoo said in the clip. "It is usually a bit embarrassing to look back at the characters that I played, but Coffee Prince's Choi Han-kyul was different ― I don't know why."

Yoon said: "The drama's filming site was like an exciting playground for me."

"Coffee Prince" is the romance story of Go Eun-chan (played by Yoon), who dresses as a man to get a job at Coffee Prince, a cafe run by Choi Han-kyul. The series, based on the namesake novel written by Lee Sun-mi, was one of the biggest hits of its time, with the last episode garnering a 27.8 rating.

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2020/09/398_296614.html

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The story Behind Kiss Scene in ep.16 . GY laughed after re-watching this scene , naughty Gong Yoo :D:D

CP documentary BTS 

Eiqcp8oWkAo5Z7p?format=jpg&name=small

cr: Soop  management 

EipyU34WkAQCOJj?format=jpg&name=900x900

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/076/0003634971?l

EipEhwVUMAAckXP?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

EipEiI_U0AAGFi3?format=jpg&name=medium

CR: 0912lsy

Han Kyul & Eun Chan 2007 VS Gong Yoo& Eun Hye :wub:

They look so good together , i miss han kyul & eun chan . i want to watch CP again 

EirK_6XXsAc8XJk?format=jpg&name=900x900

EirK_6XWkAAr3S0?format=jpg&name=900x900

One of lucky staff took selfie with GY 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1802a69ee6274f7c8c47f95486e0fb5b.jpeg?s=

“Coffee Prince” Cast Take A Trip Down Memory Lane As They Share Untold Stories In Documentary

On September 24, MBC aired its highly anticipated “Coffee Prince” documentary!

13 years after the drama originally aired, the main cast of Gong Yoo, Yoon Eun Hye, Lee Sun Gyun, Chae Jung An, Kim Dong Wook, and Kim Jae Wook met up in pairs to discuss their memories from set for the documentary “My Dear Youth – Coffee Prince.”

“Coffee Prince” tells a love story between cafe manager Choi Han Gyul (played by Gong Yoo) and his employee Go Eun Chan (played by Yoon Eun Hye), who pretends to be a man in order to work at the coffee shop. During its run, “Coffee Prince” was an incredible hit, reaching viewership ratings of 27.8 percent nationwide.

In the documentary, Gong Yoo revisited the cafe where they filmed and sat down for an interview. Regarding the drama, he shared, “It feels like my first love. It feels like I’m confronting something that I planned to just leave as a memory.” He went on to explain that he’d hesitated at first over joining the documentary because he wanted to cherish his great memories as they were, fearing they might change.

Gong Yoo reunited with Yoon Eun Hye, who surprised him at the cafe. The two immediately told one another, “You look exactly the same” and they got their coffee made by someone who had become a barista after watching “Coffee Prince.”

Yoon Eun Hye abruptly asked Gong Yoo, “Do you have any plans to get married?” Gong Yoo replied, “It’s not that I don’t want to but I’ve kind of missed that period.” When asked the same question, Yoon Eun Hye answered, “I think that I want to focus on my work a little more and then do that.”

Coffee-Prince-15.jpg

The two carefully explored their past set as Gong Yoo commented, “I remember everything we did. We kissed a lot. Since I’ve aged, I can talk about it without feeling shy.” Yoon Eun Hye adorably added, “I’m shy.”

At a different location, Chae Jung An and Lee Sun Gyun excitedly greeted each other with a big hug. The last pair was Kim Dong Wook and Kim Jae Wook, who immediately looked very comfortable with one another.

Coffee-Prince-3.jpg

Coffee-Prince-4.jpg

The three pairs then began watching clips from “Coffee Prince.” Yoon Eun Hye revealed, “After I cut my hair, I didn’t even put on makeup and just applied sunscreen.” Regarding his character, Gong Yoo shared, “He looked like he had no manners but he was different from other chaebols.

While discussing what Gong Yoo was like on set, Chae Jung An commented, “He was more serious than I thought and took care of himself well. He showed so much ambition that it made me think that he was someone who had prepared for a long time.”

Kim Dong Wook seemed confused that only Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye were appearing in the clips and Kim Jae Wook jokingly commented, “He’s only interested when he’s on screen.”

Chae Jung An shared, “Han Gyul looks like such a baby. Gong Yoo has become so much cooler. He must take care of himself really well.” She made everyone crack up by adding, “He looks luxurious now.”

When Kim Dong Wook finally appeared, Kim Jae Wook commented, “Back then, your eyes were so innocent.” Kim Dong Wook replied, “Now they’re sexy.”

After watching the scene where they all fall into the fountain, Gong Yoo confessed, “I tried using tricks so I wouldn’t have to go into the water but I went because you guys pulled me in.”

Coffee-Prince-9.jpg

While watching a kiss scene between Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye, Lee Sun Gyun let out a high-pitched squeal, making Chae Jung An remark, “You just sounded a bit like a little girl.” He replied, “I guess I’m old.”

Coffee-Prince-17.jpg

Chae Jung An also asked Lee Sun Gyun, “When’s the last time you kissed like that?” Lee Sun Gyun jokingly responded, “‘Coffee Prince.'” Chae Jung An played along, replying, “Well, I guess because there is social distancing.”

Coffee-Prince-10.jpg

While watching her own kiss scene, Yoon Eun Hye averted her eyes and commented, “It’s hot in here.” Gong Yoo embarrassed her even more by adding, “Eun Chan was a very motivated girl. She was not passive. I didn’t know what Eun Hye’s hands were doing but after watching the broadcast, her hands were pulling up my T-shirt.”

Coffee-Prince-16.jpg

They wrapped up their viewing session as Kim Dong Wook and Kim Jae Wook remarked, “The memories are all coming back. They’re more vivid than what we had initially thought of.” Chae Jung An shared, “There’s a prettiness that makes my heart flutter. The fact that I didn’t know that then is also part of being young.”

Gong Yoo commented, “It feels like Choi Han Gyul and Eun Chan got married and are looking back on their past together. It’s like our kids are playing over there. I think people imagine that a lot. Thinking, ‘They’re probably living well somewhere, right?'”

Lee Sun Gyun shared, “Choi Han Gyul is Gong Yoo. Didn’t it suit him better than any other role?” However, Gong Yoo revealed that he hesitated to join the production, explaining, “It was a time when I had a bit of opposition against romantic comedies. After becoming an actor, it was the first time I had experienced that ‘puberty.’ I wanted to grow while fulfilling my sense of achievement but the vibe around me was, ‘You have to do this. That’s how you’ll become a star, get advertisements, and get main roles.'”

Regarding this situation, producing director (PD) Lee Yoon Jung explained, “Some actors may feel apprehensive about idol-turned-actors. However, Gong Yoo said, ‘I am the problem for myself.’ He said he wasn’t in the position to discuss his co-stars’ acting and that made me think, ‘This person is cool.'”

Coffee-Prince-11.jpg

For Yoon Eun Hye, transitioning from an idol to an actress gave rise to many concerns. She shared, “I had just started to slowly take my first few steps but then I found myself in a situation where I had to run. If I didn’t do this, I felt like I wouldn’t become an actress and the public wouldn’t wait for me. While filming ‘Princess Hours,’ I felt so frustrated. I needed change.”

Chae Jung An, who also promoted as a singer, commented, “I know being in a girl group isn’t easy, and she was even the youngest. I thought she’d experience some difficulties. The adults she worked with likely gave her work without any explanations and she probably tried her best. Then she got to work on a drama. I think the environment that allowed her to live as Eun Chan must have been so freeing.” Hearing this, Yoon Eun Hye began to shed tears.

Coffee-Prince-13.jpg

Chae Jung An touched on her own concerns at the time, revealing, “Back then, I didn’t want to do the project, or anything at all. I was having a hard time because of my personal issues, so I didn’t want to do work. They brought me the synopsis but I didn’t even want to see it so I pushed it aside.”

When asked why she chose to cast Chae Jung An, PD Lee Yoon Jung explained, “There are so many pretty female actresses. I received a recommendation and met up with Chae Jung An but she was such a tomboy. She looked like a girl whom other girls would like. She said that because she’s lazy, she wears the same clothes for a week.” After learning this, Chae Jung An expressed her surprise as she commented, “Really? I thought I was picked because I was feminine.”

Coffee-Prince-7.jpg

When he was cast, Lee Sun Gyun was already well-known to the public due to the success of his other dramas. The PD explained, “I saw his brief appearance on KBS’s ‘Drama City’ and thought he was good at acting, so I looked him up, contacted him, and cast him for a different project. Since I had already experienced his acting and personality once, I thought he would fit well with the role.”

PD Lee Yoon Jung also mentioned the risk she took with this drama, sharing, “There was some apprehension.” Gong Yoo admitted that he also thought “Coffee Prince” was a bit silly, explaining, “I thought, ‘What is this?’ Reading the script was like reading fiction on the internet. It was like a cartoon. But she made that feel electric.”

The PD also shared a time when Gong Yoo had made her tilt her head in confusion. Lee Yoon Jung shared, “I took Gong Yoo to the studio and showed him his outtakes. But within seconds, he said, ‘I understand. Can I go now?’ It was like he figured it out himself.”

Gong Yoo praised his co-star, sharing, “The reason I was able to become Choi Han Gyul was Go Eun Chan and Yoon Eun Hye. Yoon Eun Hye’s passion made me feel embarrassed and helped me grow. It made me wake up.”

Coffee-Prince-6.jpg

Coffee-Prince-5.jpg

Yoon Eun Hye expressed her admiration for the drama, saying, “After appearing on ‘Coffee Prince,’ I no longer heard the term ‘idol-turned-actress.’ It’s the project that made me into an actress.”

Kim Jae Wook commented, “This was a time where I could really positively express my individuality.” Kim Dong Wook added, “During this time, my passion and ambition were overflowing. Acting was just fun then.”

Coffee-Prince-8.jpg

Regarding the popularity of “Coffee Prince,” Gong Yoo shared, “Every day was crazy. People around me would ask what was going to happen next and say it was so hard to wait.” Chae Jung An added, “Back then, our chemistry was very good. I think the energy of everyone and the universe was all brought together.”

Coffee-Prince-14.jpg

Gong Yoo, who won an acting award for his performance in “Coffee Prince,” touched on the meaning of this drama to him, sharing, “‘Coffee Prince’ is the project that revived my dying passion. I think I was healed through the drama. We became brighter and hotter together. That’s why I think it’s that much harder to forget everyone, and that’s what makes this project that much more meaningful.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1427525wpp/coffee-prince-cast-take-a-trip-down-memory-lane-as-they-share-untold-stories-in-documentary

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Gong Yoo Talks About "Coffee Prince" in New Documentary

photo1240778.jpg

A recently aired television documentary about the popular drama "Coffee Prince" has drawn much attention from fans of the drama as the documentary has reunited the cast to discuss their experiences. Chief among these is Gong Yoo, the "Coffee Prince" cast member who has seen the most dramatic career elevation due to the project. Gong Yoo has had much to say about "Coffee Prince" looking back.

Gong Yoo described the experience as strange, as being similar to recalling one's first love. Gong Yoo discussed how he hesitated about appearing in the documentary in part because he was unsure how it would affect his memories of "Coffee Prince" going forward. Gong Yoo strongly denied any notion that he was embarrassed by the old role. Gong Yoo admitted that he was embarrassed by other dramas, but insisted that his acting in "Coffee Prince" was quite good and nothing to be ashamed of.

Gong Yoo contextualized this in part by discussing how "Coffee Prince" was his final drama before mandatory military service. Gong Yoo also noted how for some of the drama's more iconic scenes, he made sure to put his all into a kiss or a hug, feeling Yoon Eun-hye's character throughout his whole body. Yoon Eun-hye generally confirmed Gong Yoo's observations. Other actors also agreed with the generally personal feelings engendered by the drama.

Gong Yoo also discussed past and present at length with his former co-star Yoon Eun-hye. When the actress asked why Gong Yoo hadn't gotten married, Gong Yoo said that this wasn't deliberate he just hadn't had the time. Yoon Eun-hye also admitted that she also needed to make more effort in this regard, to which Gong Yoo responded by comparing Yoon Eun-hye to her character on "Coffee Prince", who chose studying overseas before love.

Gong Yoo also made a point of personally thanking Yoon Eun-hye, as he believes it was her character that truly made "Coffee Prince" the famous standout work it is now known as, stating that her enthusiasm filled him with humility enough to make him determined to better improve himself. Yoon Eun-hye nervously asked if he was joking. The "Coffee Prince" TV documentary is not yet finished, with the second part to air on October 1st on MBC.

https://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-news-gong-yoo-talks-about-coffee-prince-in-new-documentary-145489.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Gong Yoo Explains What Sets “Coffee Prince” Apart From Any Other Project Of His Career

Gong Yoo compared “Coffee Prince” to his first crush.

uN6gWKJYZHtMzG-ruRYyVRFYXCdimtU8gnW-NqLlunACcnh07emrA1PWx7rDL6HiFxH3AA-PXleWQM8iowbWs5v6mZD4p3Vzu8w=w780-nu-rj-l80-e365

In MBC Docuflex‘s Coffee Prince special of Youth Documentary, actor, Gong Yoo talked about the legendary drama as well as his honest thoughts about what makes it so special.

Regarding the drama from 2007, Gong Yoo shared that it can be compared to his first crush.

It’s kind of like my first crush. It feels like I came face-to-face with someone who I tried to keep as nothing but a memory.

Gong Yoo also confessed that he hesitated on appearing on the documentary special because of how much Coffee Prince means to him.

I wanted to keep the drama in my heart with the emotions I felt back then. I was afraid that it could distort or make things worse. Because I like it the way it is.

— Gong Yoo

Gong Yoo then went on to explain what sets Coffee Prince apart from any other project he’s worked on in his career.

He revealed,

For some reason, when I rewatch Coffee Prince, I don’t feel embarrassed. Normally, I cringe when I see my own acting. But Choi Han Gyul is a character that I still don’t feel embarrassed about.

— Gong Yoo

Gong Yoo thought about why that could be before joking,

Is it because my acting was amazing?

— Gong Yoo

Gong Yoo may have been joking, but most would agree that his acting was indeed superb.

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/gong-yoo-coffee-prince-project-career/

Yoon Eun Hye And Gong Yoo Ask Each Other Why They Haven’t Married Yet

The two “Coffee Prince” stars had different reasons for why they haven’t gotten married.

YIG1PUxVj11GZNh7rQXx-BbxxF1kDZPGt52obJh_EgO8JVniPTGP3fZYgMq0sUSE8f-BJ1DVk8q9USe--WUGRtntyep4CdYs=w780-nu-rj-l80-e365
In MBC Docuflex‘s Coffee Prince special of Youth Documentary, actors, Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye reunited for the first time in 13 years at the very cafe where the drama was shot

And during an intimate conversation, Yoon Eun Hye asked Gong Yoo a sudden question about marriage.

When do you plan on getting married? Are you interested?

— Yoon Eun Hye

In response, Gong Yoo gave his honest thoughts.

I’m not thinking I’ll never get married or anything like that. But I think I just missed my timing.

— Gong Yoo

He then asked Yoon Eun Hye why she didn’t get married yet.What about you? Why haven’t you gotten married yet?

— Gong Yoo

And Yoon Eun Hye gave an honest but different reason of her own.

I have this desire to work as hard as I can in this field before I get married. I want to work hard for a little longer.

— Yoon Eun Hye

That’s when Gong Yoo joked about the familiarity between Yoon Eun Hye and her character, Eun Chan in Coffee Prince.

Just like Eun Chan? She abandoned me to study abroad. She has ambition. Han Gyul met the right one. He fell for her.

— Gong Yoo

Who else is happy to see Eun Chan and Han Gyul reunited?

https://www.koreaboo.com/news/yoon-eun-hye-gong-yoo-marriage-wedding/

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye reunite in the 'Coffee Prince' docuseries 'Youth Documentary - Twenty Once Again'

1600964936-image.png

Finally, the long-awaited 'Coffee Prince' documentary aired on September 24. Many fans were waiting for the docuseries to air when the teaser was first released a few weeks ago. 

In this episode, actor Gong Yoo and actress Yoon Eun Hye reunited after thirteen years apart.

Gong Yoo appeared at the nostalgic coffee shop at the beginning of the first episode. He walked into the cafe reminiscing the old days. Gong Yoo recalled the days as he looked at photos of the dramas and stated, "We were really young back then". The producers revealed that Gong Yoo hesitated on appearing on this docuseries in which Gong Yoo revealed that he wanted to preserve the good memories.

Gong Yoo continued to say, "There are so many clips of 'Coffee Prince' on YouTube that I can't avoid the videos. I usually get embarrassed when I look at my acting back then but I don't feel like that when I watch Choi Han Gyeol. I think I acted very well."

As he sat by the counter, a familiar face walked in through the doors. When Gong Yoo first saw Yoon Eun Hye, he was very surprised because he thought she had already filmed her segment and left. However, this was a little surprise that the production team had in store for him.

Gong Yoo still surprised, stated, "You're still pretty...You're the same. It's really just Go Eun Chan, but more feminine."

The two main protagonists of the beloved drama happily reunited as they sat down to greet each other. On this day, Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye caught up with each other as they enjoyed a nice cup of coffee. The coffee was brewed by a barista who became a barista because of the drama 'Coffee Prince'.

As they drank the coffee, Yoon Eun Hye asked Gong Yoo when he will get married and if he had thoughts of getting married. Gong Yoo replied, "It's not that I'm not getting married... Um...It's more that I missed the timing to marry." Then he asked Yoon Eun Hye the same question.

Yoon Eun Hye responded by saying, "I want to work more. I want to do more."

Gong Yoo made everyone laugh when he responded to her answer saying, "Like Eun Chan. She left me and went to study abroad."

Yoon Eun Hye stated she didn't understand the character of Go Eun Chan before but now she understands how she felt.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/09/gong-yoo-and-yoon-eun-hye-reunite-in-the-coffee-prince-docuseries-youth-documentary-twenty-once-again

Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye can't help but cringe as they watch their passionate kiss scene from 'Coffee Prince'

On September 24, actors Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye along with the other cast members of the hit 2007 drama 'Coffee Prince' time-traveled back to the time of their youth.

The highly anticipated 'Coffee Prince' docuseries was finally aired. The first episode of 'Youth Documentary - Twenty Once Again' aired on September 24 and viewers were able to reminisce back at the drama that was most popular in 2007. In the episode, the cast members sat down and watched the highlight scenes from the drama as they took a look back at their youth.

In particular, Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye revealed the behind-the-scenes stories of the passionate kiss scene that left a deep impression on the viewers. When the two actors first watched the kissing scene, they couldn't help but be embarrassed. 

1600974955.png

According to Gong Yoo, Yoon Eun Hye had done something that wasn't on the script during that scene. He stated, "If you watch the video, Eun Chan lifts up my shirt but that wasn't in the script. I didn't know she did that when we were filming."

Yoon Eun Hye added, "There was nothing from this scene that was written on the script!"

The docuseries 'Youth Documentary - Twenty Once Again' will revisit the time of the cast members' youth and the time when they passionately acted in the drama that aired thirteen years ago. The docuseries will also update fans about each actor from 'Coffee Prince'.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

‘Coffee Prince’ posts highest rating for ‘Docu Flex’ series

The “Coffee Prince” special that reunited the cast of the hit 2007 Korean drama recorded the highest rating to date for the TV documentary series.

Korean TV channel MBC’s weekly “Docu Flex” started airing on Sept. 3 and has featured documentaries on various topics.

“Coffee Prince” stars Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun-hye together with Kim Dong-wook, Lee Sun-gyun, Kim Jae-wook and Chae Jung-an have reunited for the TV documentary.

The first episode of the “Coffee Prince” documentary aired on Sept. 24 and it garnered Nielsen Korea nationwide ratings of 2.6 percent and 3 percent for the first and second parts, respectively.

These are the highest ratings that “Docu Flex” has received among its episodes. The documentary on the life of the late K-pop star Sulli, former member of the group f(x), last Sept. 10 had nationwide ratings of 2.6 percent and 2.5 percent for the two parts.

An episode of a Korean drama or entertainment TV program is split into two parts during airing to allow channels to air TV ads.

The drama had 17 episodes when it aired in South Korea from July to August 2007 and recorded its highest rating of 27.8 percent for its final episode. “Coffee Prince” is one of the Korean dramas credited for popularizing Hallyu, or Korean Wave, in Asia.

Coffee3-2.jpg

For the first episode of “Coffee Prince” documentary, Gong Yoo, who played the role of Choi Han-kyul in the drama, is seen arriving at the coffee shop in Hongdae area in Seoul, which served as the main set and the coffee shop in the drama.

Yoon Eun-hye, who essayed the role of Go Eun-chan, arrived later, surprising Gong Yoo. The two recalled scenes in “Coffee Prince” including their kissing scenes

The two stars asked each other why they are still single. Yoo Eun-hye said, “Because I want to work hard and develop further”, to which Gong Yoo replied, “Like Eun-chan, right? Eun-chan left me to study abroad,” according to JTBC Plus.

During the show, the two watched scenes in the drama and Gong Yoo said that “being able to watch ‘Coffee Prince’ with Yoon Eun-hye makes me feel like a married couple viewing a wedding album after years.”

“Perhaps ‘Coffee Prince’ fans all hope that Han Gyul and Eun Chan have been living happily somewhere.” the two commented.

Gong Yoo revealed that he rejected the “Coffee Prince” TV project many times before accepting it. “Coffee Prince” was his last drama project before enlisting in the military in January 2008.

Yoon Eun-hye said “Coffee Prince” helped in erasing her label “former singer.” She made her debut in the entertainment industry as a member of the girl group Baby Vox, which disbanded in 2006. Part 2 of the “Coffee Prince” documentary will air on Oct. 1 on MBC.

https://mb.com.ph/2020/09/25/coffee-prince-posts-highest-rating-for-docu-flex-series/

CP Documentary and Gong yoo & Yoon eun hye names were trend in naver after broadcasting  1st episode of CP doc:getmygrooveon:

It seems all fans were waiting for CP reunion or GY & YEH reunion :please: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

9da2996ca0964926a1905ebbbdc96c91.jpeg?s=

“Coffee Prince” Cast Look Back On The Show And Talk About Their Late Co-Star Lee Eon

During part two of MBC’s “Coffee Prince” documentary, the cast continued to reflect on the show and talked about their late co-star Lee Eon.

On October 1, MBC aired part two of “My Dear Youth – Coffee Prince.” Like in episode one, the main cast looked back on scenes and shared behind-the-scenes stories in pairs of two: Gong Yoo and Yoon Eun Hye, Lee Sun Gyun and Chae Jung An, and Kim Dong Wook and Kim Jae Wook.

Lee Sun Gyun visited the house of his character Choi Han Sung as he commented, “It’s been such a long time. I feel so weird. This place is like treasure to me.”

Coffee-Prince-1.jpg

He spoke about working with Chae Jung An, sharing, “Jung An was cast last. Back then, I had hoped that she wouldn’t reject me as her partner.” Later, the two met up and Lee Sun Gyun hilariously asked, “Did you change your number? Didn’t you see my kids [at the hair salon]? I sent you a text that day but it was ignored.”

In response to his earlier comment, Chae Jung An shared, “There was a gap between the Choi Han Sung I saw in the script and Lee Sun Gyun.” With a big smile she continued, “I thought he had to be good at acting for him to perfect this character with his looks.”

Lee Sun Gyun replied, “Now that you’re here, we’ve suddenly gone into variety mode.” Chae Jung An firmly told him, “That’s the trend these days.”

While watching some of their scenes together, Lee Sun Gyun revealed, “When I look back, I had first suggested I wear my rimmed glasses to the director. He was calm and carefree and the reference I thought for myself was, ‘Wouldn’t Choi Han Sung be similar to the singer Yoon Sang?’ Also, since I’d never played a rich character before, I felt pretty pressured but I think my surroundings did all the work for me. In order to naturally portray Choi Han Sung, I dressed in the clothes that I regularly wore.”

Coffee-Prince-2.jpg

The two also talked about Lee Sun Gyun’s version of “Ocean Travel” by Tearliner. Chae Jung An commented, “I’ve passed the age to get that emotional about a man singing for me. All of this is part of being young.”

Lee Sun Gyun explained, “In the script, I was originally supposed to sing a rock version of the children’s song ‘Sunset.'” Producing director (PD) Lee Yoon Jung later added, “We had no idea viewers would like that scene and the song so much. After hearing his recording, we thought, ‘We’ll just go with this.’ Then I learned that he had stayed up all night making this with Tearliner.”

Lee Sun Gyun revealed that he had to sing the song without the instrumental and purposely messed up because he was so embarrassed. He added, “All the staff were laughing then. Eun Hye was there too and she laughed a ton.” After watching the singing scene, Gong Yoo hilariously remarked, “I think we’re better at singing.”

Chae Jung An jokingly asked, “Did you sign a music contract?” Lee Sun Gyun answered, “I didn’t sign a contract. Someone out there is making money.”

Unlike all the other comments made while watching Lee Sun Gyun and Chae Jung An’s intense romance scenes, Kim Dong Wook hilariously took everyone off guard by commenting, “Both of them have such nice skin.”

After watching himself from 13 years ago, Lee Sun Gyun shared, “It’s not common to remember a character’s name but I think I’ll remember Choi Han Sung forever. That’s because it’s a role I’m so thankful for. It was probably my last youth drama, and the last of my youth.”

Next, the cast watched scenes of Kim Dong Wook and Kim Jae Wook as Jin Ha Rim and No Sun Gi respectively. During the time of the drama, the two were both 25 years old (by Korean reckoning). Before tuning in, Kim Jae Wook commented, “Let’s see how much we’ve aged in 13 years.”

While looking at the “princes,” Gong Yoo commented, “We were all so excited. We were all overflowing with our own drive. Whenever their story came out, they would be curious for the next script. Then they could think about how they would act it out. We could freely try this and that so it was such a good and precious experience.” Kim Dong Wook shared, “We worked so hard. That’s why I think we received as much love as the main characters.”

Coffee-Prince-3.jpg

PD Lee Yoon Jung talked about casting Kim Dong Wook, revealing that he first caught her eye in an independent film. She explained, “Although he wasn’t used to being at the broadcasting station, he wasn’t scared at all. His acting improved with every audition.”

The cast also spoke about their late co-star Lee Eon, who played fellow cafe employee Hwang Min Yeob. Lee Eon passed away on August 21, 2008, following a motorcycle accident. Kim Jae Wook commented, “It was strange watching him appear in the video earlier. That the 26? 27-year-old Lee Eon, Hwang Min Yeob, Park Sang Min [Lee Eon’s birth name] that I knew appeared.”

Coffee-Prince-4.jpg

He continued, “He was the person who was the most strict to me. He was a senior to me, both at my agency and as a model. Since he used to do wrestling, he was very adamant about maintaining the senior/junior hierarchy. That’s why he was more tough with me than anyone else.”

Yoon Eun Hye shared, “Since he was in the model industry and really respected the senior/junior hierarchy, he took care of me really well. Even to me, he would diligently call me ‘Yoon sunbae.'”

Coffee-Prince-6.jpg

Lee Eon’s agency president commented, “He was a pretty trendy person. The way he saw things was just different. If he couldn’t succeed in the model industry because of his body, he thought it was possible in the acting world so he was trying to work very hard as an actor.”

Gong Yoo shared that he received the news of Lee Eon’s passing while he was serving in the military. He commented, “What is most regretful is that afterwards, although he could’ve done so much, he wasn’t able to. That’s what’s most upsetting.” Gong Yoo continued, “Jae Wook and I cried so much in front of his coffin. Even when we met up after, we purposely didn’t talk about it for a long time, because it’d be too hard. Although a lot of time has passed, whenever I think of Sang Min, my heart always hurts. It would’ve been great if Eon were here with us today.”

Coffee-Prince-5.jpg

Kim Jae Wook added, “Every year around this time, I think a lot about Sang Min hyung. He was a hyung who had so much that he wanted to do. Regardless of the result, he was someone who bravely did everything he wanted to do.”

While reflecting on their past selves, Gong Yoo remarked, “‘Coffee Prince’ is a record of the peak of my young adulthood. It’s my unchanging summer where we were the brightest.”

Coffee-Prince-7.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1429076wpp/coffee-prince-cast-look-back-on-the-show-and-talk-about-their-late-co-star-lee-eon

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Netizens Are Going Crazy Over Gong Yoo's Newly Released Photos By SOOP

1.jpg?w=600?w=650

Gong Ji Cheol, better known by his stage name Gong Yoo, is a South Korean actor. He is best known for his roles in television dramas Coffee Prince (2007) and Guardian: The Lonely and Great God (2016-2017), and the films Silenced (2011), Train to Busan (2016) and The Age of Shadows (2016).

His stage name is a combination of his father's last name, "Gong," and his mother's last name, "Yoo."

Gong Yoo experienced a new high in his career with consecutive hit works in 2016. His first film in 2016 was the melodrama A Man and a Woman alongside critically acclaimed actress Jeon Do-Yeon. He then starred in the hugely successful zombie blockbuster Train to Busan, which surpassed 11 million admissions in South Korea and was also highly acclaimed by critics and fans abroad. He then starred in another box office hit, The Age of Shadows, which surpassed 6 million admissions in two weeks. By this time, Gong Yoo was easily considered one of the best Hallyu stars to have come out of South Korea.

In December 2016, Gong Yoo returned to television in Kim Eun-sook's fantasy-romance drama Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, playing the titular goblin. The drama was a massive hit, and Gong won Best Actor at the Baeksang Awards for his performance. Goblin is where most international fans know Gong Yoo from, and his role as Goblin will definitely go down in history as one of the most well-played roles ever in the whole history of K-Dramas. He was undoubtedly hailed as one of the top actors in the whole industry after his incredible performance in 'Goblin.'

In October 2018, Gong Yoo was cast in two films. In Lee Yong Ju's action thriller film 'Seo Bok,' Gong will play a former intelligence agent who is caught up in the chase of catching the first human clone to uncover the secret to eternal life. In the feminist masterpiece film Kim Ji Young: Born 1982, Gong plays the role of Kim Ji Young's loving and supportive husband, who, in efforts to make things better, unknowingly might be pushing Kim Ji Young further into despair. However, what sets him apart is his unwavering support and willpower to make things better for his wife.

In March 2020, Gong Yoo was cast in Kim Tae Yong's upcoming film Wonderland, where he will appear alongside Chinese actress Tang Wei.

Management SOOP, Gong Yoo's agency, recently revealed new never seen before pictures of the actor in several calm landscapes. Fans immediately started comparing his appearance to that of his very own 'Goblin,' pointing out how this is what they think Goblin would be doing on a regular day. Fans also didn't hesitate to point out just how youthful he still looks, even going so far as to say that the actor does not age.

The pictures that have been released hold a beautifully serene aura and appear to be a refreshing treat to the eyes. He's seen in different poses against various backgrounds, and his handsomeness shines through in every single picture.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119060/20201007/netizens-are-going-crazy-over-gong-yoos-newly-released-photos-by-soop.htm?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 1