8 hours ago, nuryl said:

Ikr! All I did was analyzing his personality but I'm not sure how accurate it is... and I compiled everything I wrote here in previous few posts into my third letter to Yoo. Haha http://nuryl-nurul.blogspot.com/2017/03/letter-to-gong-yoo-part-3.html

ikr. I would love to hear from his celeb close friends, cause obviously it is hard to hear from his non celeb close friends opinion.=). thank you for the link.=))

3 hours ago, angjay said:

i think it is a common question during press conferences about his dramas / movies if i am not wrong. they will ask something like what is the difference between this character and your personality. 

like for example in Goblin, it was said that GY is as cheeky and as funny as KS. but KS had to be cold at times. GY on the other hand likes to be warm towards his co-stars.

@nuryl kimchi helps to maintain youthfulness hehe.

that a bit business kind of answer, it can be too, but I would like to hear from GHJ, LCH, his celebrity close friends. Something like, suddenly out of blue the interviewer asked. "you are close with GY, works with him in drama and cf too, how was he when he works and on his normal time. If you wold describe him how?.".....something like that.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

that a bit business kind of answer, it can be too, but I would like to hear from GHJ, LCH, his celebrity close friends. Something like, suddenly out of blue the interviewer asked. "you are close with GY, works with him in drama and cf too, how was he when he works and on his normal time. If you wold describe him how?.".....something like that.

i see. that is good to know too. for Goblin wise, the question is directed at his co-stars but I guess they are not close enough. like for many years that kind of closeness.

9 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

my goodness, this thread sure move fast. T_T

I saw some of you talk about gongyoo/gongjichul personality.

Do we have compilation on what others(celebs, directors) think about gongyoo? especially his close celebs friends like gonghyojin, lee chunhee. Would love to hear from soop boss too. They been working tgt for years already.

He probably prefers that people can't figure GJC out. And he is not unique in that thinking.  Established actors (including Gong Hyo Jin and Lee Chun Hee)  are generally pretty private individual themselves. You rarely see them talk about their real-life friends and only see them when their project is out. My feel is that too much alternative publicity is 'frowned upon' in the community as it diminishes their credibility as a good actor/actress. 

To me, I think it is not so much of figuring out GY/GJC personality that matters.  The question is more what you expect of him.  I read a very interesting article on extreme 'celeb-worshiping' (don't ask me, why I read it).  The author argued that fans stalk/chase their idol, not because they (the fans) want to see him/her. Rather, they (the fans) wants their idol to see them i.e established a personal relationship.  If you think about it, isn't that what most fanfic/dreams/fantasy  (mine included) revolves around?  

Just my 2cents... 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, staygold said:

I wouldn't classify his on screen kisses as being too erotic. Rather I would say that somehow the scripts he accepts are well written and the kisses come at the point in story where they really make sense. They are not put in because they fit the kdrama(or film) equation (first kiss around ep 6 to ep 9). Add to this he has worked with very good co-stars, directors and editors hence those scenes are well executed. 

And finally, the man just acts too well and we totally believe the character is indeed into it! :tongue: 

I beg to differ  - I think I can just watch snippets of his kissing scenes and be like on high. Yes, I know - I am superficial :tongue: 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

ikr. I would love to hear from his celeb close friends, cause obviously it is hard to hear from his non celeb close friends opinion.=). thank you for the link.=))

There was this interview with his non-celeb friends (I think) but I can't find the eng subs. It is probably dated...

• Like 3

9 hours ago, nuryl said:

Yeah... he expressed his thoughts extremely well and no one can question his feelings towards his co-stars. Haha Goblin is powerful, remember :wink: 

he is excited about kissing foreign actress... ha ha 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gongi said:

He probably prefers that people can't figure GJC out. And he is not unique in that thinking.  Established actors (including Gong Hyo Jin and Lee Chun Hee)  are generally pretty private individual themselves. You rarely see them talk about their real-life friends and only see them when their project is out. My feel is that too much alternative publicity is 'frowned upon' in the community as it diminishes their credibility as a good actor/actress. 

To me, I think it is not so much of figuring out GY/GJC personality that matters.  The question is more what you expect of him.  I read a very interesting article on extreme 'celeb-worshiping' (don't ask me, why I read it).  The author argued that fans stalk/chase their idol, not because they (the fans) want to see him/her. Rather, they (the fans) wants their idol to see them i.e established a personal relationship.  If you think about it, isn't that what most fanfic/dreams/fantasy  (mine included) revolves around?  

Just my 2cents... 

I dont expect them to release a details on gy too. something like "he is a very supportive friend, he support me in his way". "i like to ask his opinions on scenarios that i got, he gave me his honest opinions, it open my view". "he is an actor that i respect, a friend that i really value". something like this. If can collect it, maybe. If doesnt have also ok. just an idea.

Im not trying to figure out his personality, just as an interesting reading, for me, suddenly have that idea/thought. I dont expect anything from him. I just wish him all the best. He in good route and hope he maintain it. That all. =). 

2 hours ago, gongi said:

There was this interview with his non-celeb friends (I think) but I can't find the eng subs. It is probably dated...

Thank you for the link. :)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

I dont expect them to release a details on gy too. something like "he is a very supportive friend, he support me in his way". "i like to ask his opinions on scenarios that i got, he gave me his honest opinions, it open my view". "he is an actor that i respect, a friend that i really value". something like this. If can collect it, maybe. If doesnt have also ok. just an idea.

Im not trying to figure out his personality, just as an interesting reading, for me, suddenly have that idea/thought. I dont expect anything from him. I just wish him all the best. He in good route and hope he maintain it. That all. =). 

Thank you for the link. :)

I know. :)  Here's something I found... but I am not sure what is 'type blooded person'. Do you?  Sometimes, I get more confused after reading stuff online. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, angjay said:

oops. how about try making and freezing one if your landlord permits :X

Won't have time for now haha. Will find some time definitely! 

5 hours ago, kentangbakar said:

I'm not sure how accurate it is but you're welcome to give your opinion too. Coz he's so private, it's quite easy to misinterpret. :expressionless:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gongi said:

I know. :)  Here's something I found... but I am not sure what is 'type blooded person'. Do you?  Sometimes, I get more confused after reading stuff online. 

oh interesting that his type of woman is his colleague.
type blooded person refers to people judge how you would behave according to your blood group.
it's like looking at your horoscope.
but in this case i think it means that GY really matches the description of his blood group.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gongi said:

I also dont know what does it mean by "type blooded person". Maybe what @angjay explain above?.

1 hour ago, nuryl said:

Won't have time for now haha. Will find some time definitely! 

I'm not sure how accurate it is but you're welcome to give your opinion too. Coz he's so private, it's quite easy to misinterpret. :expressionless:

Yes, he is private person. honestly, Im not a good person to ask about someone else personality. Cause Im confused with myself too. Hah!.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, kentangbakar said:

I also dont know what does it mean by "type blooded person". Maybe what @angjay explain above?.

Yes, he is private person. honestly, Im not a good person to ask about someone else personality. Cause Im confused with myself too. Hah!.

Hahaha... Okay that's fine :wink: 

i think GY made himself a private person because he does not want to be defined. i mean, people change. like now he prefers women who are less emo. so in the entertainment industry, they want to give themselves more leeway for changes later. if not old news will keep coming back to u :tongue: 

again, my assumption hehe.

but i think for sure he is a cheeky person hehe. cheeky as in playful.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, angjay said:

i think GY made himself a private person because he does not want to be defined. i mean, people change. like now he prefers women who are less emo. so in the entertainment industry, they want to give themselves more leeway for changes later. if not old news will keep coming back to u :tongue: 

again, my assumption hehe.

but i think for sure he is a cheeky person hehe. cheeky as in playful.

Yeah, he's a prankster. He knows how to make people comfortable around him I'd say. He's 37 anyway, he knows how to get along well with everyone in the industry, he's matured and childish at the same time, if you get what I meant. :grimace:

• Like 3

@kentangbakar@gongi@angjay@nuryl@2handsintertwined@staygold35 i'm sorry if i forget to tag anyone name

Gong Hyo Jin commenting about her friend Gong yoo in 2008

Gong Hyo Jin: "My friend Gong Yoo who is now serving the army is a cautious guy who loves to nag."  she said "We performed in a drama together and we have the same surname, therefore we are closer to each other. He is very much like my girl friend, it's a very comfortable relationship."

Today, GHJ and her lover, Ryu Seung Beom both think that Gong Yoo is the man closest to her.

GHJ: "We always joked 'No one can come between our relationship, it is unvulnerable', sharing about their close relationship. Relationship between GHJ and Gong Yoo is also acknowledged by Ryu Seong Beom. GHJ said "When I'm chatting with Gong Yoo, very often, I can't even stop him half way to say something. I can only be listen to him talking. He has so much things to say, to the extent that I have this feeling 'Is this the first time you talk to me over the phone?' Her sharing let the viewers discover the surprising side of Gong Yoo.

GHJ disclosed GY's personality. She said "Gong Yoo is a typical A type man, he has many worries. He need to consider over 30 minutes when buying a T-shirt, and even need to think very thoroughly about its size. GHJ said with laughter, "He also need to consider again and again before buying a pair of sneakers. But after buying, he will still go back to the shop to change it."
Although Gong Yoo has a side that surprises everyone, his charm is also a part which GHJ acknowledges.

GHJ said "His superb body curve, features and sense of humour etc are very charming."

GHJ and all her friends agree that these are the areas of Gong Yoo's charm

http://gongyoo.exteen.com/20081015/gong-hyo-jin-commenting-about-gong-yoo

Blood Type characteristics

Type A

Blood type A's make the perfect role model material because they strive for success, kindness, and polite mannerisms. Although A's get very stressed easily and over think things, A's will try to keep it together and do the best that they can for the sake of order and for the sake of their loved ones during crisis situations.

PROS: perfectionist, analytical, organized, responsible, meticulous, compassionate, earnest, creative, sensible, patient, calm, well-mannered

CONS: stubborn, sensitive, worrywart, obsessive, shy, reserved, self-conscious, uptight

http://www.allkpop.com/buzz/2014/10/what-does-your-blood-type-personality-say-about-you

BLOOD Type A 

People with type A blood are known to be more conservative and introverted than the others, often finding difficulty in expressing emotions or trusting others. They’re extremely patient, considerate, and reserved, but also highly creative and perfectionists, often giving people the impression as being stubborn, tense, and uptight.

Men with type A blood are said to be the friendly natured ones with good personalities. They’re very punctual, always expecting the best results in everything they do, but are also very sensitive and willing to give up everything they have for those they love. Due to their sensitive natures, they’re very fragile-hearted and often get hurt easily.

http://seoulsync.com/lifestyle/koreans-determine-personalities-through-blood-types

I agree with everything Said about blood type A personalities , GY really is typical  type A man " HE 's sensitive , reserved , creative , stubborn , self-conscious" that's why we find him so private , and that's why i feel GY easily get hurt & can hurt himself too . he also said he takes long time to choose a project even Jeon do yeon was surprised that GY chose Man And Woman quickly :D

• Like 5