1 hour ago, 2handsintertwined said:

I am so dumb. I don't understand. Why does it say, "reopening of Korean wave in Chinese"? what does this mean?

And what does Asia Pacific Brand Ambassador mean? 

I'm sorry I'm not good in Asian countries but what I know Gong yoo is model for many Asian countries like "Taiwan , Malaysia, Philippines, till now IDK if there're other countries or not  " 

About reopening Chinese wave , because of political issues between Korea & China , China banned many Korean actors in China . Many activities were cancelled too due to these political issues.

You can read more about THaad in  spoiler

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Both articles about Gong yoo confirmed to be Pacific Asian model for Asus "Zenfone 4" and how Asus paid a lot for GY to be their model :tongue:

6 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

I thought will get the chance to see GY in Taxi VIP Premiere supporting Song Kang Ho.  But realise maybe because GY ia not in S.Korea now. 

I knew from the beginning that gy wouldn't attend either he's inside or outside Korea :D

cuz gy never attended movies premiere before , sometimes he attended VIP but didn't walk on red carpet

• Like 3

14 hours ago, tok-soompi said:

I thought will get the chance to see GY in Taxi VIP Premiere supporting Song Kang Ho.  But realise maybe because GY ia not in S.Korea now. 

I wish he had gone to support his friend Song Kang Ho. You said you realized that GY isn't in S. Korea. So where is he? :) This is probably a dumb question. And are you in S. Korea?

8 hours ago, Noor90 said:

I'm sorry I'm not good in Asian countries but what I know Gong yoo is model for many Asian countries like "Taiwan , Malaysia, Philippines, till now IDK if there're other countries or not  " 

About reopening Chinese wave , because of political issues between Korea & China , China banned many Korean actors in China . Many activities were cancelled too due to these political issues.

You can read more about THaad in  spoiler

Ok. Thank you :) 

8 hours ago, Noor90 said:

Both articles about Gong yoo confirmed to be Pacific Asian model for Asus "Zenfone 4" and how Asus paid a lot for GY to be their model :tongue:

I knew from the beginning that gy wouldn't attend either he's inside or outside Korea :D

cuz gy never attended movies premiere before , sometimes he attended VIP but didn't walk on red carpet

Thank you :).  Why doesn't GY attend movie premieres?

Edited by 2handsintertwined
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, 2handsintertwined said:

Thank you :).  Why doesn't GY attend movie premieres?

Cuz he doesn't attend public events :D don't worry he's not the only one also Jo in sung , Kang do won and hyun bin rarely attend movies premiere

Also , I don't think gy isn't in Korea . He was shooting CF in Korea last week 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Noor90 said:

Cuz he doesn't attend public events :D don't worry he's not the only one also Jo in sung , Kang do won and hyun bin rarely attend movies premiere

Also , I don't think gy isn't in Korea . He was shooting CF in Korea last week 

Oh. I don't follow Jo In Sung, Hyun Bin, or Kang Do Won. Thanks for giving me info on them. I think they are lucky to have you as their fan. Now I know that you like them :).

So you don't think he's not in Korea? That's right. I think  he was shooting a CF in Korea last week. I think GY needs to get over his fear of attending movie premieres. I think he could make connections at movie premieres.  I think  he needs more confidence :( I think he's too shy. 

Did I ever tell you how much I like the way GY's feet look in his shoes? :) I love the way men's shoes look on their feet. I think GY has nice feet too. I love his feet and toes. Also, I am watching Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy. I think GY and Gong Hyo Jin have amazing chemistry! I understand why you said you want to see them in another drama. I am totally in love with them as an onscreen couple. I want them to star in a drama/movie as lovers. Have you seen One Fine Day? I was thinking of watching it after I finish Biscuit Teacher and Star Candy.

Oh you mentioned Asus paid a lot of money for GY to be their model. How much? And why did they pay so much for GY to be their model?

• Like 1

credit: mygongyoo79

I hope this smile brightens your day! It brightens mine. Miss him so much :bawling:

I promised him I would wait. I just miss him, okay? I think I'm horrible.

• Like 2

‘Train to Busan’ to open in Japan

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20170725

“Train to Busan” will be opening in Japanese theaters on Sept. 1, the last stop in its worldwide run.

The zombie flick, which was screened at the Cannes Film Festival’s Midnight Screenings category last year, has been sold to some 160 countries since its release.

The film opened in North American theaters in July 2016 and was later released in Europe and South America. It will be shown on 149 screens in 44 cities in Japan, including Tokyo, Osaka and Fukuoka. 

“It is the largest-scale release of a Korean movie,” said an official at Contents Panda, the company in charge of the film’s Japanese distribution. 

The film was directed by Yeon Sang-ho and stars Gong Yoo, Ma Dong-seok and Jung Yu-mi. 

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201707251449105335827_2

More and more success for Train To Busan even after 1 year from its official release in Korea ^_^

• Like 1

Asus enlists Korean star Gong Yoo as new smartphone endorser

TAIPEI (Taiwan News)—Taipei-based Asustek Computer Inc (華碩) chairman Jonney Shih (施崇棠) confirmed Wednesday that his company has invited Korean star Gong Yoo (孔劉) as its new smartphone endorser.  

Shih attended a press conference for an artificial intelligence competition event on Wednesday morning. When asked whether Asus will enlist the Korean actor to be its endorser, Shih gave a positive answer, but he didn’t elaborate on details about the endorsement deal.

According to a Chinese-language Mirror Media report on July 10, Asus planned to spend NT$60 million to enlist Gong Yoo as the endorser of its new smartphone ZenFone 4 for the Asia-Pacific region. Asus did not confirm the report at that time.     

However, on July 24 Asus put a photo for a preliminary announcement of the ZenFone 4 on its Facebook account, in which a man with a profile similar to Gong Yoo’s stands in a sea of white flowers. Asus gave four hints for the endorser as someone: “who has a smile that moves girls,” “who makes better coffee than others,” “who is good at beating zombies,” and “whose moods can affect weather.”

These traits associate with scenes from TV dramas and movies in which Gong Yoo starred.

http://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3219075

• Like 2

Ourrie ahjusshi is continuing to spread his smile and gaining more CFs and popularity! I haven't been active here for quite some time, but I visit everyday to see the smile of GY. :wub:

Hope you all chingus are doing well, thanks for keeping this thread so lively and welcoming! :):wub:

• Like 2

On 7/20/2017 at 8:38 AM, tok-soompi said:

Wow @2handsintertwined, you wrote a very long piece.  Will read all of them once i have more time. :)

My quick browse and response below

I am used to artiste taking their time choosing their projects although a part of me want to see them doing something everyday. :D  

Those long time fans will know that there is a big gap between BIG and GOBLIN.  Also before Train to Busan, GY forum pretty much only @Noor90 and @lkgy99 taking turns updating GY news although there are many silence readers and supporters out there.  So dont feel discourage. :)  there are many fans in soompi just very quiet only.

Myself, i like GY for a long time since CP.  Just never visit here until the news of The Age of Shadows (hee you probably already know who is involved in that movie too).... and i started off just remain silence here too. B)

So now i visit this site everyday although most of the time i only look at pictures. 

Hello. I'm replying to this late. I'm sorry :). So let me see if I understand you. You are saying that you are used to artists taking their time to choose projects but part of you wants to see them doing something everyday? I understand. So you're torn between the two. It's okay. I do admire your patience! I wish I am as patient as you. You mentioned that there was a big gap between Big and Goblin. You're right. I just checked GY's info online and he did Big in 2012 and Goblin in 2016. Wow! I don't think I would have been able to handle being his fan back then. Before Train to Busan GY's forum was pretty much only @Noor90 and @lkgy99 taking turns updating GY's news? Wow! I can't imagine that. I think they are so dedicated to GY. I don't think it's easy to update his page.

There was no news of GY's projects before Train to Busan, right? I can't imagine how hard it was for them. I think they make an amazing team! I think they did a great job updating his page by themselves. I wish they had more help. I think they are awesome! So you're only used to those two being around GY's page? You're right. I think there are plenty of silent readers and supporters out there too, but sometimes I forget. I think I get too lonely here. Also, when no one joins in on GY's page, I feel like no one likes him. I see some pages where lots of fans are commenting on that particular page.

For example, if it's another page besides GY's that page will have more than one or two people commenting. I assumed GY's page would have more people after Train to Busan and Goblin success. You said don't feel discouraged. Well, thank you for the positive words. It's just sometimes I can't help but feel discouraged. Like I was telling you earlier, there are pages that are more active than GY's page. That actor/actress/celebrity is on hiatus too. Why are all GY's fans on soompi silent readers? And when new people come here, they leave. I don't know why no one likes him here on soompi. I have tried asking people to join in, but it doesn't work. I'm just so envious of other threads. I know a lot of artists pages are like GY's. I just want the same thing for GY's page. I want it to be active. I want to hear other people's opinions, too.  

There are many fans in soompi? Just quiet readers? Well, I have no problem with that. It's just, come on! I think they should say something. "Oh, GY looks amazing in the airport!" I think something like that would be cool. Why are all GY fans so shy here on soompi? I used to lurk myself, but I had to share my opinion about him because I couldn't hold it in.

(This is getting so long. I am so sorry. Why did you let me run my big mouth?)

You've liked GY since Coffee Prince? Wow! Really? I want your opinion on something. Do you think he has changed a lot since Coffee Prince? I'm just curious what you think. 

LOL! You just never visited his page until Age of Shadows? I think you are so cute! Yes, I know who is involved  in Age of Shadows B).

Ha Ji Min! Did I ever tell you I really love her acting in that movie? I thought she was just like one of the guys. I think she is an amazing actress. I am so sad that she didn't win in Baeksang for her role in Age of Shadows, I'm not saying whoever won didn't deserve it. I just like Ha Ji Min so much. Did I tell you I like your laugh? You go, "hee!" I think it's so cute. Here is what I'm talking about:

"Just never visit here until the news of The Age of Shadows (hee you probably already know who is involved in that movie too).... and i started off just remain silence here too. B)" You said that :). This is getting so long! Do you wear glasses? I think you'll need some for this. So you started off as a silent reader.I didn't know that :). You visit this site every day and most of the time you only look at pictures? No! You aren't allowed to do that! Unacceptable! I'm just joking. :). I think I can live with that :) I guess I'll let you off the hook! For now... :D 

Hehehehehehehe!

I'm so jealous! I wish I had a friendship like theirs :( 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Noor90 said:

Gong Yoo 'll be on cover of CNN interactive English Magazine 

Yay! Thank you. I'm so happy for him :) 

19 hours ago, Noor90 said:

More and more success for Train To Busan even after 1 year from its official release in Korea ^_^

Wow! You're right. It is 1 year after Train to Busan's official release in Korea! I am happy that it is still having more success!

The article about Asus. Thank you, thank you.

Huzzah! GY's beautiful smile. His smile is here to greet us once again! Enjoy your day! I think he's so happy and I think we should be too!

• Like 2

I'm going to be childish/immature again. As usual, I couldn't help it! :D 

I think this is all GY fans waiting on GY to choose his next project:

tumblr_n389wmZln41rubd0ao1_400.jpg

credit: cheerleader-till-the-day-i-die

:D:D:D:D

• Like 3

11 hours ago, _Dokkaebi_ said:

Ourrie ahjusshi is continuing to spread his smile and gaining more CFs and popularity! I haven't been active here for quite some time, but I visit everyday to see the smile of GY. :wub:

I love to see GY smiling , his smile is the reason i fall in love with him in CP  :wub: i hope you're doing well in your life & always join our chatting^_^

@2handsintertwined you really write Long comments :D 

First i love GY & GHJ chemistry so so much , they were so cute & lovable in Biscuit teacher and star candy  . My only wish now is to see them again in any drama. if u love GY you should watch one fine day but i'm not big fan of it . i finished it for GY 

Asus Nearly paid $2M for GY to be their model , it's considered so so high especially they paid only $1M to their previous model . In Korea Most actors are paid from $400,000 to $800,000 and GY is paid now more than $1M , and was paid nearly $2M For Asus and $2.5 for coway according to some Chinese & Korean news . GY's paid high cuz he's top actor either in Korea or in all Asia and he gained international fame too after train to busan , Goblin 

Also , i always tell u  if there're not many active fans in GY page , it doesn't mean GY isn't popular or fans doesn't like him , nearly all loyal & old GY fans aren't active in Soompi and don't like to use forums but they are so so active in twitter & facebook and instagram and they are my source to update his news. Also many fans Joined us here after Train to busan , Goblin . Even you, @tok-soompi , @kentangbakar @jaysmurf @gongi @_Dokkaebi_ @nuryl_gong @tieya1810 @CatchMine_ID @staygold and other i didn't tag  all joined after train to busan , age of shadows , goblin but if they aren't so active , it doesn't mean they don't love him . Also when thee's something important they 're here and comment & join our chatting like in his birthday , in his Fan meeting , Baeksang , cnn interview . Now GY isn't so active 

Also there're many popular actors & actresses  like Gong hyo jin , jo in sung , hyun bin , their fans aren't active here as usual . all are popular , great actors who has big fan base. 

i miss him too  i want to see him in any new project but 2016 was insane year for him , he was filming parts of Age of Shadows in 2016 , filmed Goblin in the end of 2016 " Shooting drama is so difficult and tiring in Korea" he promoted 3 movies , 1 drama including " press con , media interviews , vip , magazines , shows , stage greetings and other things to promote his movies " went to Cannes , shooted new CF for 9 different brands For Spring\ Summer and fall\Winter seasons he travelled to many countries to shoot these CFs . i think he deserves this long vacation and time for himself , i wish he could spend time with his family especially his mom 

As fan i want to see him everyday either in CF , Magazine , event , new movie or drama but we should be responsible fans too cuz he's human being needs vacations , needs time to regain his inner peace . Also in 2017 we saw him many times more than his previous years he's model for 11 brand , ambassador for international brand " Louis Vuitton " shooted cf with international stars , shooted 2 magazines , many interviews , he's on  many magazines covers , attended many events . one of them Fashion show " it's first time to attend fashion show " i still can't believe it :D Fan meetings , ........

• Like 5