♡*Official Japanese Model Thread*♡

Guest Rodarte

Guest happipplrock

i hate how all these japanese women think looking white is beautiful. Most of them have dyed hair, huge eyes and tan skin and stuff.

they have no pride in being/looking asian?

thats why i like krn and chinese models better

one not ALL japanese women want to be white. this look that you see in this thread is purely a trend and nothing more. if you go to japan sure you will see this trend but trust me you will see japanese girls with the more toned style w/ the black hair and normal look that i suppose your more into. saying these girls have no pride or whatever is plain rude. i understand this is your opinion but you dont know them personally. and i see people saying how all these japanese models here look the same. and those chinese/korean net idols dont?

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sUperhAppySUZU

QUOTE chiluvskk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUOTE (musicofreako123 @ Jul 18 2009, 06:48 AM)

They all look the same. o_o

Dark skin, light long and wavy hair, big eyes, thick eyelashes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

because that's the style these girls are modeling for/are into that is popular in Japan. There are other Japanese girls, people just chose to post these ones here.

People really need to start getting their information right before posting things like this, does anyone else get offended at these posts? ><

i do feel offended whenever people say stuff like that in this thread.. D= so many other people have already said the same thing about these girls looking "the same" so if anyone else wants to say this also, please refrain to, because we've already heard enough about it >__<`

& no one looks "the same" as someone else in this thread or in other threads like the korean and chinese net idol threads.. :( the illusion that they do is from not bothering to know enough about the people in this/those thread(s) before grouping them together and posting offensive (to both those people and the people that happen to like and respect them) comments about them.

i definitely dont think that they look the same and i can tell them all apart just fine =)

Does anyone know the name of the girl on the right?

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z194/sa.../indeximg16.jpg

her name's aoki eri and shes mainly a model for popteen ~ =3

Guest Marilori

I find it weird that so many people here post things like "they all look alike"

I sat here for five minutes *sigh* looking through a few photos and I have yet to see how they all "look" the same.

Yes, the style that is being posted on here is the same fashion trend, but each of the girls are definitely distinguishable.

Some of you are just probably scrolling down really fast just to get a gist of the topic and not bother with the content.

Guest sUperhAppySUZU

I sat here for five minutes *sigh* looking through a few photos and I have yet to see how they all "look" the same.

Yes, the style that is being posted on here is the same fashion trend, but each of the girls are definitely distinguishable.

Some of you are just probably scrolling down really fast just to get a gist of the topic and not bother with the content.

hahah yayy ~ well said ! ヽ(´・▽・`)ノ

Guest flyxme.

since someone made an offcial thread for sakurina

theres no need to post pictures of her in this thread.

i hate how all these japanese women think looking white is beautiful. Most of them have dyed hair, huge eyes and tan skin and stuff.

they have no pride in being/looking asian?

thats why i like krn and chinese models better

at the bold and underlined parts...LOL umm okay?

i dont know what kind of chinese models you've been looking at

but nowadays a lot of chinese&HK models dress japanese style and the nice huge curls too

when i go out to the city in china i see girls with huge eyes, pale skin, and brown/blonde hair

and most of the time the girls with black hair and toned down style are middle or highschool students

taiyo sugiura is cute ><

Guest keiryu40

being japanese yourself doesnt make it okay for you to represent all japanese people (which would include me by the way.. :( ) when you say that we "love looking like white people" >__< it just seems a bit much to claim that your and your friends' beliefs are also embodied in every other japanese person; until youve met every japanese person in the world, it cant be right to claim such things

it's true, though, that many people in the world, including many japanese people, feel that caucasian features are pretty & etc, but just because we think its pretty doesnt mean thats the only features that we think is pretty and thats what we want to copy ?

its also true that there are magazines like JJ and ViVi that use western celebrities as role models for fashion and stuff and there are many japanese people who do follow these trends closely, but it's definitely not all japanese people, and not all magazines. also, not all of us like tanning o_o

we also dont all believe that "white" people are more superior ; i have friends that find many Americans crude and unhealthy (to put their words in more polite terms hahah)

anyways, you guys, im getting really tired of all these conflicting views clashing in this thread ;__;

we should just put our opinions aside, accept the different styles, and just post up pictures, then have fun looking through them ~ !

here are some pictures of Yamas hita Rina (sorry about the space, soompi censored it because it thought it was a bad word ? hahah), who happens to be Yamapi's sister, but she has a blog too and she gets quite a lot of comments ~ =]

I'm sorry, but that sounds so fictious. I've been to Japan twice. That's custom of the Japanese, imitate western culture. Like it or not, that's Japanese culture. All of my Japanese friends in Japan even told me Japanese culture has always been this way. If you don't like it that way, don't make false crap about the Nihongo culture. It seems to me you think Japanese culture is all about Gyaruo, Ikemen, Ganguro, Harajuku, cosplay, anime, etc. It's not. Go to Nihon and see for yourself. Ask any Japanese people do they think westerners are superior, they'll tell you.

Guest sglolligirldd

being japanese yourself doesnt make it okay for you to represent all japanese people (which would include me by the way.. :( ) when you say that we "love looking like white people" >__< it just seems a bit much to claim that your and your friends' beliefs are also embodied in every other japanese person; until youve met every japanese person in the world, it cant be right to claim such things

it's true, though, that many people in the world, including many japanese people, feel that caucasian features are pretty & etc, but just because we think its pretty doesnt mean thats the only features that we think is pretty and thats what we want to copy ?

its also true that there are magazines like JJ and ViVi that use western celebrities as role models for fashion and stuff and there are many japanese people who do follow these trends closely, but it's definitely not all japanese people, and not all magazines. also, not all of us like tanning o_o

we also dont all believe that "white" people are more superior ; i have friends that find many Americans crude and unhealthy (to put their words in more polite terms hahah)

anyways, you guys, im getting really tired of all these conflicting views clashing in this thread ;__;

we should just put our opinions aside, accept the different styles, and just post up pictures, then have fun looking through them ~ !

ok FIRST OF ALL...i haven't and won't meet every japanese person in the world...so don't even bring that subject up. its ridiculous, you're making urself sound absurd. there is no chance so there is no such thing as ALL JAPANESE or ALL in general...that's the reason why ppl conduct surverys missie :) if ALL holds true then that would be a theory...since it can't be conflicted and proven wrong. ppl here that say that japanese think white ppl are superior OR that japanese all look the same in this thread is just stating what the majority thinks. if majority thinks a certain way, it becomes a generalization or a LABELing.

if you grew up in japan or ever been there...you'll know that the majority of the ppl follow a certain trend when its popular. and beca they follow a certain trend, foreigners will think they look all the same since they all dress a certain way. nothing wrong.

and YES it is true that japanese think white ppl are superior. since u said u have friends that find americans crude and unhealthy, are they from japan and grew up there? don't talk about japanese americans ect cuz they don't count. and did your friends only say americans? if they did, well that's ONLY americans and not other white ppl such as europeans :)

there is nothing wrong to think that white ppl are more superior~~~ their lands such as the USA and EUROPE have modernized long way before asia...so if asians look up to them or admire them, there's nothing wrong~ same as you admiring an idol ect...

and since u said ur gettin tired of all the conflicting views, how come u need to reply? doesn't it just spark more arguments? then u mind as well just be nice and comment or post the pic instead~

because that's the style these girls are modeling for/are into that is popular in Japan. There are other Japanese girls, people just chose to post these ones here.

People really need to start getting their information right before posting things like this, does anyone else get offended at these posts? ><

you shouldn't be offended cuz she's just expressing her opinion :)

you said it really politely~ i admire ur way of expressing urself so it doesn't bring up any conflicting discussions :)

I'm sorry, but that sounds so fictious. I've been to Japan twice. That's custom of the Japanese, imitate western culture. Like it or not, that's Japanese culture. All of my Japanese friends in Japan even told me Japanese culture has always been this way. If you don't like it that way, don't make false crap about the Nihongo culture. It seems to me you think Japanese culture is all about Gyaruo, Ikemen, Ganguro, Harajuku, cosplay, anime, etc. It's not. Go to Nihon and see for yourself. Ask any Japanese people do they think westerners are superior, they'll tell you.

nicely said ~

Guest pillowbox

dude... leah dizon is filipino & white. she aint japanese. she can even speak tagalog.

she also has chinese blood in her.

Guest Tofu_Cloud

I heard japanese are rarely pure 100% japanese cause a there was a period a long time ago when miscegenation(racial mixing) was encouraged to strengthen and improve their race.

Don't know if this is true. If its not let me know. I've just heard it from a couple people before and I thought it was interesting

...then again there probably isn't much pure blood of any race left

no your absolutely right! My professor said something the more u mix the better chance your genetics is. Maybe its like the opposite of incesting? i dunnk =S

but anyways my mix friends seem to be better looking and smarter and never get sick its weird.

Thats why you would think korean parents would be smarter and get koreans to marry NON koreans lol. oh well there loss.

Guest sUperhAppySUZU

i dont think that japanese culture is about gyaruo, ikemen (hahah theres a good looking guy culture ? x3), ganguro, harajuku, cosplay, anime, etc at all, because theyre definitely not; itd be crazy to say that these groups represent japanese people as a whole in any way, and itd be the same with gal culture. i also didnt make up "false crap" about japanese culture. >__< my argument was that it cant be right to simply categorize all japanese people in that way--because theyre definitely not all like that--and not that there arent people that think that way.

but maybe youve just been to the big cities ? ive been to the countryside to visit relatives and such a few times, and they definitely dont seem to feel that way about western culture ; they have so much pride in the traditional japanese ways of doing things ~

ok FIRST OF ALL...i haven't and won't meet every japanese person in the world...so don't even bring that subject up. its ridiculous, you're making urself sound absurd. there is no chance so there is no such thing as ALL JAPANESE or ALL in general...that's the reason why ppl conduct surverys missie :) if ALL holds true then that would be a theory...since it can't be conflicted and proven wrong. ppl here that say that the japanese think white ppl are superior OR that japanese all look the same in this thread is just stating what the majority thinks. if majority thinks a certain way, it becomes a generalization or a LABELing.

if you grew up in japan or ever been there...you'll know that the majority of the ppl follow a certain trend when its popular. and beca they follow a certain trend, foreigners will think they look all the same since they all dress a certain way. nothing wrong.

and YES it is true that japanese think white ppl are superior. since u said u have friends that find americans crude and unhealthy, are they from japan and grew up there? don't talk about japanese americans ect cuz they don't count. and did your friends only say americans? if they did, well that's ONLY americans and not other white ppl such as europeans :)

there is nothing wrong to think that white ppl are more superior~~~ their lands such as the USA and EUROPE have modernized long way before asia...so if asians look up to them or admire them, there's nothing wrong~ same as you admiring an idol ect...

and since u said ur gettin tired of all the conflicting views, how come u need to reply? doesn't it just spark more arguments? then u mind as well just be nice and comment or post the pic instead~

but my point is that since its impossible meet every person, it cant be right generalize like that >__< i never said that there arent people in japan that feel that way, because there certainly are, (since as long as there are people that feel one way, there is bound to be people that feel another, ne) but to just look over those that dont feel that way and just say that all japanese people are like that cant be right @__@

the friends i were referring to were people that came from japan as well, because i would agree that japanese americans wouldnt count in the terms of this discussion >__< hahah hm well they have mentioned once that europeans play some really bakamitai minor sports but i guess that doesnt count lol xD

and yes, there is nothing wrong with japanese people looking up to western people at all, because, just to stress my point here so you wont get the wrong ideas, it cant be right to generalize and say that all japanese feel that western people are superior, because if i were the minority that thought that the western people arent superior, i wouldnt like being grouped together with people that felt different

ah but im sorry, youre right, i really shouldnt reply and expect the other person to not reply and lengthen the argument =( but i just felt that theres definitely something wrong with thinking that way and couldnt help but reply .. >__<"" im also sorry if you thought that i was being really offensive or something Dx its just so hard to express the tone that you want to express online after all ne ^ ^; i was trying really hard while i was typing my replies and everything to make it as nonoffensive-sounding as possible ! '^'g

anyway if you guys must reply with another rebuttle or something haha, please pm me or something, okay ? i wouldnt want to take up any more space in this thread with an endless debate =T

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and to apologize for taking up so much room in this thread with things that dont have to do with the thread topic, here is an update from that person's blog that i posted about before ~ =]

1_p.jpg

2_p.jpg

she went to a wedding and her outfit is so cute ~ x3

and here are the Sugiura Taiyou pictures i posted up before but link-broke on me plus a few more that he just added to his blog =Dv

o0480064010216069834.jpg

o0480085410215386996.jpg

here he is with Daigo and the rest of BREAKERS lol

o0480085410215131607.jpg

wisshu ~ xD

o0480085410215052628.jpg

o0480085410214952439.jpg

o0480085410214952296.jpg

o0480085410214952576.jpg

helping promote mos burger's (a japanese burger/fast food restaurant) new liccachan (sort of like the japanese barbie doll hahah) shake

o0480085410214473627.jpg

o0480085410214473464.jpg

lol xD

o0480085410214472908.jpg

and here he is with liccachan xD kind of creepy ! hahah

o0480085410214429264.jpg

with the mos burger mascot guy and liccachan

o0480085410214460493.jpg

o0480085410214459768.jpg

and heres the shake that he's helping to promote =9

o0480085410214430039.jpg

taiyou is so adorable ~ ! =] hahah

is there another idol blog that you guys would like pictures from ? =D im open to requests ~ hahah

Guest sUperhAppySUZU

no your absolutely right! My professor said something the more u mix the better chance your genetics is. Maybe its like the opposite of incesting? i dunnk =S

but anyways my mix friends seem to be better looking and smarter and never get sick its weird.

hahah wow really ? =O

hmm well if you think about it from a biological point of view, i guess, inbreeding always weakens a population while diversified breeding strengthens it by creating a bigger gene pool and allowing a greater chance for adaptations to occur hahah xD

edit: oh no i topped a page ! D= and with such a stupid comment too Dx lol *scrambles to go find some pictures to share xD*

edit #2: here are some random pages from the august 2009 issue of Popteen ~ ! x3 hahah

57.jpg

lol kumikki thats unsanitary ! xD

62.jpg

66.jpg

56.jpg

44.jpg

39.jpg

38.jpg

37.jpg

36.jpg

29.jpg

27-1.jpg

26.jpg

ah, did popteen receive a new mixed model this month ? =O

hahah wow really ? =O

hmm well if you think about it from a biological point of view, i guess, inbreeding always weakens a population while diversified breeding strengthens it by creating a bigger gene pool and allowing a greater chance for adaptations to occur hahah xD

edit: oh no i topped a page ! D= and with such a stupid comment too Dx lol *scrambles to go find some pictures to share xD*

inbreeding means basically "incest". breeding among your own race is okay. breeding outside of your race is okay too, and encouraged from

the scientific view. its to create a more diverse and better gene pool, so that your genes may change and include more genetics.

INCEST, is what weakens the gene pool. thats why its not okay to marry your cousin, even if he/she is related to you because of one blood line.

Guest Imboredthatsnotfun

Really? I'm mixed, and I am not really more healthy than normal.

RECENT LENA FUJI BLOG

wjxwyv.jpg

w1y9f9.jpg

Archived