Hairstyle Thread (for Guys)

Guest totalaznhottie

Guest Jay Chou

PICT0127.jpg

kjh.jpg

:sweatingbullets:

haha nah is koo homie. ill try n help ya tha way i can...

lets see here we'll start with the moving rubber. the moving rubber is sorta like the wax, if you used it before. like i said its fairly easier to use than the gatsby wax cause it isnt really sticky. since its sticky i found that just using a lil can have a long lasting hold. it only becomes sticky when you rub it into your hands...thats where i have trouble. i cant fix my hair like that its just wayy wayy too hard. i have no control of my hair when this occurs.

the xtah crude clay has a nice texture to it. it feels weird at first buh you'll get used to it. i like the clay as well just because its easier to use. you can even put less than the rubber and still cover a nice large area of your head. even when you rub in the clay into your hands it wont become sticky and still have nice control over your hair when styling.

both products dont really give you shine at all, i believe someone already mention that already. its a matt type of product meaning that it will give you that natural look instead of a 'wet/gel' kinda look.

i think that the rubber has more hold on the clay, depending on how much you use. oh yeah, i also dont like the feel of the rubber in your hair when you put wayyy too much. this also occurs with the clay. your hair feels greasy if put way too much. BUT the thing is you dont need to put alot jus cause if you do your hair wont stay up...it will become heavy and fall.

they both hold up your hair pretty well. what i usually do to have a better hold to hold up my hair is just putting the product on each strain of hair instead of placing the product all over the hair like the do in the vids. also you can control on how more product you need. ALWAYS START WITH LESS. the lessier the better...also a good tip is to get some medium hold hair spray and spray like 3-5 types around the head for a more longer hold

i also think the product you wanna get is actually considered by the texture of your hair. thin hair go with the rubber and clay with thicker hair. i say this cause when my hair was thinned out i can use the rubber fairly well and it held pretty good...now that my hair is pretty thick the rubber doesnt do much for me. i end up putting a lot of rubber and mess up my hairstyle. the clay is much more easier to use for thicker hair i believe.

but to be really honest with you. theres not really a huge difference between them. they will basically do the same thing to your hair. its how you use it is what matters

hope this helps blufurball. lettme know if you have anymore questions. id be glad to help out

so you apply the moving rubber strain by strain instead of rubbing it all on your head?

i just got the grey moving rubber.....hope it works well

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ryisakooguy

^well i do that just soo i can get the spikes i desire, also they stand taller too.

you can try putting all over your head. just see what works well for ya when you get it.

Guest Tonyc402

so you apply the moving rubber strain by strain instead of rubbing it all on your head?

i just got the grey moving rubber.....hope it works well

It all really depends on your hair texture . Play with your hair with the wax so you know what style u want and can get.

Guest KuYA II

Tonyc402:

WOW TONY!! i like your hair do you normally show a picture to the hairstylist or explain to them what you want? Sorry but i'm new to all of this stuff heh..

thanks...hopefully they don't thin out too much..i found a asian hairstylist in my area, but it'll probably take me 4 months to go to her since i'm still in the processing of growing out my hair.

ryisakooguy:

oh i used to grow out my hair b4 during my senior year since i was in a dance group, my dance leader told us (mostly guys) to grow out our hair since we all wanted to do mohawk style. took about 4 months to grow it out *but not longer then yours* and it went well. Stupid me though, i ended up cutting it out since i was still into the fade+spike combo.

oh yeah when your hair was in the process of growing did get anything trim? cuz when i was growing out my hair, i had to cut the sides which was a huge mistake for me -_- . So i'm thinking whether or not to cut the sides haha...

Thanks for the info though...oh yeah with the top hairstyle, i was thinking of going that one too hahahah..

good luck on thursday hehe

MUGETSU_DJ.Ace:

yeah i suppose having thin hair is good and like what ryis said, its easier style the hair heh

Guest Psychotic_x

growing your hair out is heaps annoying.. you get stuck with ugly hair...

eurgh!! i might have to get another haircut.. my hairs starting to get thicker..

Guest MUGETSU

^^ yea my hair is getting thick again too and i just got a cut like a week ago.

maybe i should buy my own thinning scissors and cut my hair everytime i feel like its getting too thick.

i went to this place in chinatown called V to get my cut. I gotta try out V2 and this place in st marks called Hairmates.

My friends recommended these spots.

Hairmates are run by Japanese people so maybe they can really get my hair to some craazy style once i grow it out (but its expensive - $40!!)

Guest thendougsaid

9b2e3533246a2989cdd2b8da74dbc027.jpg

honestly.. if you look like this, does it matter what kinda hair you have? he can probably shave his head and still pull girls.

Guest CueTheSun

honestly.. if you look like this, does it matter what kinda hair you have? he can probably shave his head and still pull girls.

hahaa that's true.

and nice hair ryisakooguy, looks pretty cool.

Guest ryisakooguy

Tonyc402:

WOW TONY!! i like your hair do you normally show a picture to the hairstylist or explain to them what you want? Sorry but i'm new to all of this stuff heh..

thanks...hopefully they don't thin out too much..i found a asian hairstylist in my area, but it'll probably take me 4 months to go to her since i'm still in the processing of growing out my hair.

ryisakooguy:

oh i used to grow out my hair b4 during my senior year since i was in a dance group, my dance leader told us (mostly guys) to grow out our hair since we all wanted to do mohawk style. took about 4 months to grow it out *but not longer then yours* and it went well. Stupid me though, i ended up cutting it out since i was still into the fade+spike combo.

oh yeah when your hair was in the process of growing did get anything trim? cuz when i was growing out my hair, i had to cut the sides which was a huge mistake for me -_- . So i'm thinking whether or not to cut the sides haha...

Thanks for the info though...oh yeah with the top hairstyle, i was thinking of going that one too hahahah..

good luck on thursday hehe

MUGETSU_DJ.Ace:

yeah i suppose having thin hair is good and like what ryis said, its easier style the hair heh

^bwhaha thats why i call tony the king of hairstyles.

neawys, when i was growing it nope i didnt anything to my hair. i let is sit as it is, just tryin to style it n everything i can to make it look koo. since you have thin hair you probably dont have to worry about it much. btw, is your hair naturally straight? cause if it then your a lucky one. i have straighten my hair to every to aquire such a hairstyle.

hahaa that's true.

and nice hair ryisakooguy, looks pretty cool.

haha thank yous. makin feel like not wanting to change my hairstyle

*looks at TOPs hair* umm on second though maybe not...haha

Guest looneyloonay

ryisakooguy---hey i was wondering does your hair grow fast or slow?...and how many weeks did u usually go to get ur haircut when your hair was short and spiky?

Guest KuYA II

^^ yea my hair is getting thick again too and i just got a cut like a week ago.

maybe i should buy my own thinning scissors and cut my hair everytime i feel like its getting too thick.

i went to this place in chinatown called V to get my cut. I gotta try out V2 and this place in st marks called Hairmates.

My friends recommended these spots.

Hairmates are run by Japanese people so maybe they can really get my hair to some craazy style once i grow it out (but its expensive - $40!!)

yeah i know what you mean!! I found this really good japanese hairstylist around my area (live in san diego, ca) but a little up north called Moga *Mog*? Salon and their prices were between 30-40 bucks as well o.o;;

dang that sucks how your hair got thick again after a week of cutting it o.O;;

^bwhaha thats why i call tony the king of hairstyles.

neawys, when i was growing it nope i didnt anything to my hair. i let is sit as it is, just tryin to style it n everything i can to make it look koo. since you have thin hair you probably dont have to worry about it much. btw, is your hair naturally straight? cause if it then your a lucky one. i have straighten my hair to every to aquire such a hairstyle.

haha thank yous. makin feel like not wanting to change my hairstyle

*looks at TOPs hair* umm on second though maybe not...haha

yeah i'm sure i have straight hair since i got my thin hair from my mom's side hahaha and most of them have straight hair. my dad's side they ahve thick hair heh

thanks for the info, i'll just let it grow out then and leave it alone for a while hehe.

Guest TrainDriver

if ur ever in asia get a haircut there, the salons are awesome. i got one in HK and they do such a nice job

Guest iSayOink

yeahh!! me curious too LOLLL

cuz all the korean guys at school have fancy hair

xD love it. XD maybe i should interview them?

OHOHO~ hahahahah jk xDDDD

Ivy

Guest ryisakooguy

ryisakooguy---hey i was wondering does your hair grow fast or slow?...and how many weeks did u usually go to get ur haircut when your hair was short and spiky?

umm i notice that my hair grows pretty medium speed...

well my last haircut end of march and now im getting another on this thursday. i couldnt even fix my hair today...it was horrible -_-. imma just wear a hat tomorrow at work. screw fixing it.

lets see how many weeks? umm...well to be honest i couldnt fix my hair ever since last thursday? and when i mean cant fix it i mean i cant even get it as good as those pictures i posted earlier. i think i took those 3 weeks ago. neways, my hair lasted a good 10-12 weeks. not bad i think.

Guest TrainDriver

wah my hair is now short. i just had a haircut, i let the guy do wateva, its good but haha i wanted to keep the length. oh well just gotta wait again :P but at least my hair grows somewat fast.

Guest hked

i grew out my hair ...made the hairdresser cut it like someone, and i cant style it with wax, so i gave up ^^ .... maybe if im not as lazy, ill try again

Archived