Hairstyle Thread (for Guys)

Guest totalaznhottie

Guest Lilaqua

I think I'm doing something wrong. Or my hair is just not made for this moving rubber. I use the purple one. I like it, but my hair doesn't come out that great and not exactly the way I want it to. It's probably because my hair is naturally really wavy and thick. These nice hair styles usually only work for people with straight hair. Do you guys wax your hair when it's been blow dried? Or do you wax it wet? Here's an example of how my hair comes out.

CIMG0738.jpg

if ur going for that little messy ish but spiked look, ur using way too much (mine used to turn out just like that - i dont spike anymore tho) For the little wavy like up then sideswept bangs the girl at the salon did mine by blowdrying it that way with no gel or anything, i noticed with wax/gel it'll separate the sideswept. here's a video of how little u actually need to do many diff styles. BTW my hair is also really wavy so the hairdresser put the wax in her palm (bout a nickel, 3 nickels thick), rubbed it all over then just put her hands in my hair, grabbed, release, repeat on every part. I can only recreate it to an extent she had magic fingers. Blah watch these videos: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=cookiemonstertyper

grow out ur hair too =) I'm still in the fugly phase growing my hair out and figuring out how to do my hair, trying diff ways every day *sigh*.

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tonyc402

I think I'm doing something wrong. Or my hair is just not made for this moving rubber. I use the purple one. I like it, but my hair doesn't come out that great and not exactly the way I want it to. It's probably because my hair is naturally really wavy and thick. These nice hair styles usually only work for people with straight hair. Do you guys wax your hair when it's been blow dried? Or do you wax it wet? Here's an example of how my hair comes out.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w157/ka...da/CIMG0738.jpg

Just for recommendations.First ur hair is really short and needs to grow longer. Second, when your hair is long enough you need to get a haircut and ask them to thin and layer your hair(specifcally i would go asian salons since they know the style better and are familiar with asian hair texture). Third , don't use too much or your style will feel heavy and eventaally will kinda go flat after a bit. Fourth, use hairspray for better hold.

Aswell to answer your question , no do not use wax when you have wet hair since ur hair isnt very light when its wet and hard to hold on to

Guest TrainDriver

water and wax turns into a glue like feel to me :P ickky. some weird reason i can never spike my hair.

Guest KamsaHamnida

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I'm trying to grow out my hair. But it is sooo painfully slow.

Guest bLufurBaLL

hey ryisakooguy

one last question.. lol sorry.. >_<

anyways, can you compare the moving rubber to the xtah crude clay? like which is shinier.. better hold.. how well both make the hair stand..

thanks! =]

Guest ryisakooguy

i've actually never seen filipinos with fob hair....

can't wait to see what kind of hairstyle djace is gonna pull.

PICT0127.jpg

kjh.jpg

:sweatingbullets:

hey ryisakooguy

one last question.. lol sorry.. >_<

anyways, can you compare the moving rubber to the xtah crude clay? like which is shinier.. better hold.. how well both make the hair stand..

thanks! =]

haha nah is koo homie. ill try n help ya tha way i can...

lets see here we'll start with the moving rubber. the moving rubber is sorta like the wax, if you used it before. like i said its fairly easier to use than the gatsby wax cause it isnt really sticky. since its sticky i found that just using a lil can have a long lasting hold. it only becomes sticky when you rub it into your hands...thats where i have trouble. i cant fix my hair like that its just wayy wayy too hard. i have no control of my hair when this occurs.

the xtah crude clay has a nice texture to it. it feels weird at first buh you'll get used to it. i like the clay as well just because its easier to use. you can even put less than the rubber and still cover a nice large area of your head. even when you rub in the clay into your hands it wont become sticky and still have nice control over your hair when styling.

both products dont really give you shine at all, i believe someone already mention that already. its a matt type of product meaning that it will give you that natural look instead of a 'wet/gel' kinda look.

i think that the rubber has more hold on the clay, depending on how much you use. oh yeah, i also dont like the feel of the rubber in your hair when you put wayyy too much. this also occurs with the clay. your hair feels greasy if put way too much. BUT the thing is you dont need to put alot jus cause if you do your hair wont stay up...it will become heavy and fall.

they both hold up your hair pretty well. what i usually do to have a better hold to hold up my hair is just putting the product on each strain of hair instead of placing the product all over the hair like the do in the vids. also you can control on how more product you need. ALWAYS START WITH LESS. the lessier the better...also a good tip is to get some medium hold hair spray and spray like 3-5 types around the head for a more longer hold

i also think the product you wanna get is actually considered by the texture of your hair. thin hair go with the rubber and clay with thicker hair. i say this cause when my hair was thinned out i can use the rubber fairly well and it held pretty good...now that my hair is pretty thick the rubber doesnt do much for me. i end up putting a lot of rubber and mess up my hairstyle. the clay is much more easier to use for thicker hair i believe.

but to be really honest with you. theres not really a huge difference between them. they will basically do the same thing to your hair. its how you use it is what matters

hope this helps blufurball. lettme know if you have anymore questions. id be glad to help out

Guest KuYA II

^

wow i like your hair =) was your hair short b4? and if it was how long did it took to get your hair long like that?

yeah MUGETSU_DJ.Ace i'm filipino and with that same style your hair had and that bombhead picture, i'm sure once it starts growing out it'll look like that.

Guest Inevitable

My hairstylist strongly recommended that I wait until my hair is completely dry before applying any wax

Something about it being able to hold the hair better and other stuff.. I forgot what exactly she said but i've been doing that and it's given me great results so far

Also, if you have really wavy hair you can just blow dry it so that it's almost straight. Gives this cool textured look with the waves similar to thisbi_l.jpg

Hope this helps some of you

Guest ryisakooguy

^

^pretty koo man. i think it would look more better if you define it a lil. it looks a bit messy buh if you style like that then its all good man. looks dope.

^

wow i like your hair =) was your hair short b4? and if it was how long did it took to get your hair long like that?

yeah MUGETSU_DJ.Ace i'm filipino and with that same style your hair had and that bombhead picture, i'm sure once it starts growing out it'll look like that.

haha thanks bro. imma lose it this thrusday tho. im tired of that hairstyle. it looks koo yeah buh i want something new. i had the same hairstyle for at least 1 year and yeahh kinda getting tired of it. sooooo imma go for the TOP haircut from big bang. ive always liked his hairstyle n plus i want more emphasis in the back. sOooOooOo im going with that. plus, if i dont like it then i can just let it grow again. simple as that. hope it turns out good.

time for the filipinos to shine...hahaha.

neways yessss my hair was short back then. remember the days of the fade+spikes combo. man oh man...took me about 4-6 months to grow that out. another 2-3 months to finally get the the desired length ive always wanted. i went through the ugly process...man it was terrible.

Guest bLufurBaLL

^ hey thanks sooo much!

more than I could ask for ^_^ lol

I'm probably go for the clay.. my hair is realllyy think..

Guest ryisakooguy

^get your hair thinned out to change that problem. by the time all the thinness [if thats a word] will be gone your going to need another haircut anyways.

glad i can help :D

Guest Apeman

wow what a cool thread

i'll post my hair up when it grows back again. Chin-G from pmall messed up my last cut, god im not going there again...I paid 30 bucks too lol...The stylist is too inconsistent, its so funny, cuz i brought THE SAME PICTURE every time, but somehow he always cut it differently in each visit. He only got it right once. DONT GO THERE.

Guest MUGETSU

^

^pretty koo man. i think it would look more better if you define it a lil. it looks a bit messy buh if you style like that then its all good man. looks dope.

haha thanks bro. imma lose it this thrusday tho. im tired of that hairstyle. it looks koo yeah buh i want something new. i had the same hairstyle for at least 1 year and yeahh kinda getting tired of it. sooooo imma go for the TOP haircut from big bang. ive always liked his hairstyle n plus i want more emphasis in the back. sOooOooOo im going with that. plus, if i dont like it then i can just let it grow again. simple as that. hope it turns out good.

neways yessss my hair was short back then. remember the days of the fade+spikes combo. man oh man...took me about 4-6 months to grow that out. another 2-3 months to finally get the the desired length ive always wanted. i went through the ugly process...man it was terrible.

the thing is...when we have these hairstyles...we look like we're from some emo band or something rather than some asian dude. haha

thanks for the tips.

Guest KuYA II

^

yeah i know what you mean -.-

^

wow 4-6 months...i think i can handle that... cuz my hair is still on the fade+spikes combo...

oh yeah i have a question, What if your hair is naturally thin? Cuz my hair is thin and i don't know how i would explain that to the hair stylist

thanks for the info! =)

edit:

oh yeah when you said tempo hairstyle is the recent one with the long hair or this one:

05sg0.jpg

credit to : jOjOlEE_x3 (at Big Bang Thread)

Guest MUGETSU

isnt thin hair good?

i have thick hair so they had to use those thinning shears to thin my hair out.

Guest Takeru

yo ryis your hair is sick, my style is kinda similar to yours but not as long, working there. Did you use moving rubber? if you did wht colour? sorry if i missed it if you already mentioned it

Guest Tonyc402

Heres mine hehe.. Gettin my length back.. woooot!

dsc01670jw9.jpg

dsc01678nw2.jpg

dsc01677dx4.jpg

dsc01675yz7.jpg

Products I recommended and use for my hair:

OSIS Extreme Hold Hair Spray, Gatsby Super Hard Hairspray , Gatsby Moving Rubber Spiky Edge(PINK)

dsc01681be3.jpg

wow what a cool thread

i'll post my hair up when it grows back again. Chin-G from pmall messed up my last cut, god im not going there again...I paid 30 bucks too lol...The stylist is too inconsistent, its so funny, cuz i brought THE SAME PICTURE every time, but somehow he always cut it differently in each visit. He only got it right once. DONT GO THERE.

Hahahaah really? I go to CHIN-G all the time and im always happy with my cut. I dont get the same hairstylist tho, I just go random ahahaha.

Guest ryisakooguy

^oh man the king of all hairstyles!! woo always lookin sicck tony. i wish i had the same texture as your hair...-_-

yo whered you get tha hairspray? does that work pretty well? also hows the pink rubbber?

yo ryis your hair is sick, my style is kinda similar to yours but not as long, working there. Did you use moving rubber? if you did wht colour? sorry if i missed it if you already mentioned it

haha thanks bro.

dont worry man just give it some time to grow it will be there once you know it.

i used that grey one that day. i only have the purple one and grey one. havent used the purple one in a while sooooo...i mite check back and see if theres any difference between the two.

the thing is...when we have these hairstyles...we look like we're from some emo band or something rather than some asian dude. haha

thanks for the tips.

yeap i feel the same way too. we dont have those asian features like other asian nationalities have. buh its koo whatever, just like my cousin said "rock it with confidence!"

wow 4-6 months...i think i can handle that... cuz my hair is still on the fade+spikes combo...

oh yeah i have a question, What if your hair is naturally thin? Cuz my hair is thin and i don't know how i would explain that to the hair stylist

thanks for the info! =)

edit:

oh yeah when you said tempo hairstyle is the recent one with the long hair or this one:

^haha you say that now buh man when it gets to that 3-4 month mark, you're gonna be hating it. the thing thats koo about it is that you can try other different hairstyles you neva tried before. i say play with your hair and see what kinda new style you can pull until you get tha length for the fobby haircut.

well the more thin your hair is the more easier you can fix your hair, plus i believe it looks better. my cousin has naturally thin hair, just like tonys hair and i admit i get sometimes jealous because its easier to do his hairstyle unlike mine i gotta spend a for more mins on it cause my hair is thicker. buh i have no need to worry some 'fobby' cats always come down to vegas with with hair and they rock it pretty well. soo will i. :)

edit: lol just read tonys comment on the next page, sorry i wasnt readin your post. i was bouncing to bboy music. >_<

DOOD! thats exacly the same picture imma show my hair stylist this thrusday.

wutcha guys think? i just wanna try something different...plus when i got my hair kinda short like TOPs i had some girls wanting to take a picture with me cause they though of me as hott. bwhaha i dont mind! plus, TOPs hair can make more spikes in the back...which i want. soo hopefully everything turns out well.

Guest Tonyc402

^

yeah i know what you mean -.-

If your hair is already thin the hairstylist may thin your hair more to show the layers more throughout your hair. Try asian salons as they may know the style you are looking for.

Archived