Hairstyle Thread (for Guys)

Guest totalaznhottie

Guest Inevitable

Hey guys in this thread - I'm currently growing my hair out (I been used to being shaved and spiked for the past few years) because I want to try something new.

How much does it usually cost to get your hair styled? How long in between cuts until the hair gets all blah and you need to go back?

Was looking into getting my hair to something like the hairstyles on bombhead.com

If anyone has a recommendation on a hair place in NYC that do styles like that good. Please let me know!

Thanks.

It usually costs around $30 depending on place/reputation/etc. It's different when you have to go back since hair growth varies from person to person, I usually have to go back in a month and a half.

"You get what you pay for" really does apply in this situation, unless you get a bad stylist. Can't recommend any NYC places but i'm sure someone else might know. gl

On a side note, I'm looking for a couple short/medium length hairstyles, any links/recommendations would be appreciated =)

• Replies 19k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest charcoalchicken

for the guys that stye their hair, how often do you wash your hair? do you do it before before you style your hair as well or do you only wash it at the end of the day? my hair has gone dry from the bleaching and wax/clay so im very reluctant to style it as often as i used to

Guest Psychotic_x

i rarely style it cause i'm really lazy...

i have to go abck to the hairdresser when the layers all grow out cause then its hard tos tyle..

Guest CueTheSun

for the guys that stye their hair, how often do you wash your hair? do you do it before before you style your hair as well or do you only wash it at the end of the day? my hair has gone dry from the bleaching and wax/clay so im very reluctant to style it as often as i used to

well I wash my hair after I wake up, then have it towel/air dried, so it'll be easier to style. Then at the end of the day, I'll wash my hair again to wash off the wax/products used.

If your hair is dry and such, try using some hair conditioner if you aren't already. That should probably help.

Guest otoko89

^My hair isn't bleached or anything, so my hair is fine, but its really light. As for washing hair, if ur planning to spike it or wax it, i dont suggest u overuse conditioner. I remember when i tried to wax my hair after washing it with conditioner, it doesn't stay up too well.

Also, i have a question to ask. Currently, my hair is semi-long. My back hair goes midway toward my neck. My hair is a little longer than what frostx used to have:

meee.jpg

(haha thanks for letting me use ur pic)

The thing is, im getting annoyed by constantly trimming my hair (which is pretty costly), and the fact that i have to get up every morning to wash, dry, wax, and spray my hair (im a lazy boy.)

I want to really grow out my hair since im going to college soon (and my parents rnt around.) I want my hair similiar to akanishi jin's hair. Heres a pic for ppl who dont kno:

4371619d9f5876rb3nx.jpg

If im correct, he curled his hair right? and how long will it take for hair to grow that long?

Guest TrainDriver

^hey just curious but how often do u need to get ur hair thinned out and stuff? i find my hair gets thick again after 2 weeks or so and very hard to style when its thick.

Guest ryisakooguy

^bwhahah man you and i are in the same boat.

i actually like it when my hair gets thick again. i get thicker natural lookin spikes as oppose to think wet looking spikes.

i was thinking about getting another cut probably mid june. i think i mite TOPs haircut from big bang. i wanna try something different, something without bangs this time around.

Guest ah-jefu

I don't know if it's been said, but if you have haircut in mind of a star/model with DYED hair, you cannot re-create it nicely if your hair isn't dyed as well. This is because dying hair gives it a different texture and weight. Just something to keep in mind.

When using clay/paste/wax, remember to rub it in your palms to soften it- gives more flexibility and coverage for the amount.

When using gel ( I don't recommend..), use on slightly wet hair (heck, you can add water if you want.), and don't use too much. If you gel when dry and/or use a lot, your hair style will be heavy, and look wet and hard. Unless that is what you are wanting to go for.

Guest otoko89

I don't know if it's been said, but if you have haircut in mind of a star/model with DYED hair, you cannot re-create it nicely if your hair isn't dyed as well. This is because dying hair gives it a different texture and weight. Just something to keep in mind.

When using clay/paste/wax, remember to rub it in your palms to soften it- gives more flexibility and coverage for the amount.

When using gel ( I don't recommend..), use on slightly wet hair (heck, you can add water if you want.), and don't use too much. If you gel when dry and/or use a lot, your hair style will be heavy, and look wet and hard. Unless that is what you are wanting to go for.

haha thanks for the advice. Although, im planning to keep my hair black cus i like it that way. i might have to use a black dye to recreate it then.

^My hair isn't bleached or anything, so my hair is fine, but its really light. As for washing hair, if ur planning to spike it or wax it, i dont suggest u overuse conditioner. I remember when i tried to wax my hair after washing it with conditioner, it doesn't stay up too well.

Also, i have a question to ask. Currently, my hair is semi-long. My back hair goes midway toward my neck. My hair is a little longer than what frostx used to have:

meee.jpg

(haha thanks for letting me use ur pic)

The thing is, im getting annoyed by constantly trimming my hair (which is pretty costly), and the fact that i have to get up every morning to wash, dry, wax, and spray my hair (im a lazy boy.)

I want to really grow out my hair since im going to college soon (and my parents rnt around.) I want my hair similiar to akanishi jin's hair. Heres a pic for ppl who dont kno:

4371619d9f5876rb3nx.jpg

If im correct, he curled his hair right? and how long will it take for hair to grow that long?

well it depends how fast your hair grows

if your current hair is just slightly longer than mine in that pic

for me it would take maybe at least 7 months + his hair is really long

and since its curled , his natural hair would be even longer since its curled up

Guest geianna

MUGETSU_DJ.Ace:

my personal favorites for guys:

but then again, i've always liked extreme for girls and guys.

b_cut153.jpg

sa20-oka.jpg

Guest KuYA II

i have a question...i have thin hair and i want to style my hair like yunho as well, but would it be able to stay up if i use those wax products? cuz the last time i did that i bought this horrible wax and it ended up making my hair flat.

would i be able to style my hair? i like this one i found in youtube

either that hairstyle or yunho's hairstyle

right now my hair is quite short so i'm going to grow it out. I'm also using the horse shampoo to make my hair thicker but i don't know if its working or not.

thanks ^^

i have a question...i have thin hair and i want to style my hair like yunho as well, but would it be able to stay up if i use those wax products? cuz the last time i did that i bought this horrible wax and it ended up making my hair flat.

would i be able to style my hair? i like this one i found in youtube

either that hairstyle or yunho's hairstyle

right now my hair is quite short so i'm going to grow it out. I'm also using the horse shampoo to make my hair thicker but i don't know if its working or not.

thanks ^^

try gatsby matt gum or wax its really effective in getting your hair up

there's different types of products, it doesn't necessarily have to be wax.

products like matt clay, matt gum give off a "matt" or dry finish which is like yunho's hair

i used schwarzkopf osis + matt gum to get yunho's hair effect

Guest KuYA II

thanks for the advice frostx

so is it good to use the gabsty moving rubber? or just the wax itself that the guy showed in the youtube video? thanks again ^^

WoW!! guys and their hair... funny how guys worry about their hair as well...

as of right now... my style on a guy is the short bald cut,,, sort of rapp-ish (rapper/gangster) look....

thanks for the advice frostx

so is it good to use the gabsty moving rubber? or just the wax itself that the guy showed in the youtube video? thanks again ^^

i haven't used the gatsby moving rubber before but i watched the videos in the site and it seems to be really good to style hair with. You could use the gatsby moving rubber or the wax in that video

Guest MUGETSU

i got a haircut today at a chinese place. lookin kinda HK FOB rite now

also bought the gatsby hair wax at JAS mart.

tomorrow i will style it again.

hopefully it'll turn out great to take a picture for yall

Archived