Pretty Women In Traditional Asian Clothing

Guest bubbles20

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DementedSovereignity

I think Chinese traditional dress is gorgeous. It's very sophisticated. One cannot generalize Chinese traditional clothing just by looking at the Cheongsam and the Qipaos. Those are NOT what I call traditional. Traditional would be the Hanfu. Kimono and Hanbok kind of look like they were inspired by the Hanfu.

Here are some more Indian traditional dresses (though yes, they are mostly costumes from films, so I guess they are more elaborate than the real thing, but still very gorgeous and elegant looking):

aishwariyarai3yq.th.jpg

ar434xv9ht.th.jpg

^my signature pic. I like this saree the best. It's so cute.

fg220496vo.th.jpg

^I love this saree on Sushmita Sen from Main Hoon Naa.

kareenakapoor4ow.th.jpg

^I'm not so fond of Kareena Kapoor but I thought this dress was pretty.

Another one of the same dress:

mpkdhwall6wg.th.jpg

shakti0nf.th.jpg

^Not really all that fancy, but Aish looked hot in the video.

shahrukhkajol31jp.th.jpg

^All the traditional outfits from Kabhi Khushie Kabhie Gham were so pretty also. Especially during this song.

ranibride7sc.th.jpg

^Such a pretty bride! She looked so pretty here, but they never used the dress in the movie :(

Guest bubbles20

I think Chinese traditional dress is gorgeous. It's very sophisticated. One cannot generalize Chinese traditional clothing just by looking at the Cheongsam and the Qipaos. Those are NOT what I call traditional. Traditional would be the Hanfu. Kimono and Hanbok kind of look like they were inspired by the Hanfu.

they were inspured by the hanfu

chinese culture has been incorporated alot by many cultures :D

Guest luv4seasons

Uh I'm allowed to have my opinion. I don't insult everything korean-related I don't know where you got this idea. Hanboks are ugly. Whats wrong with maternity clothes? Nothing except for when non-pregnant women wear them. The hanbok looks like something a child would draw if they were asked to make a dress (wrong proportions and all). You know what all those pageants mean to me? Nothing. Hanboks are 'supposed to hide a woman's figure modestly'? Uhh....how is shifting the wasitline just below the boobs modest?

And I repeat hanboks are ugly, guys look even worst in traditional korean clothing.

K3G was such a sad movie! I loved her at the wedding.

Japanese clothing is just cute, so cute.

how ignorant. u should respect every culture's traditional clothes even if you don't like it because it's a sign of respect and this happens to be a korean forum your at buddy. you are offending some people on soompi. <_<

i hate the modern ao dais. i think that it takes away the beauty of it. i love the ao tu than, the really really old traditional dress b4 the ao dai, but i cant find a good picture of it. heres some pretty ao dais.

aodai2.jpg

tet12.jpg

tet9.jpg

f0579851.jpg

f05b4e07.jpg

f05b413a.jpg

Guest certifiedPSYCHOPATH

^i agree i like the traditional ao dai's better than the ones they have these days, many of which are sleeve-less or are see through and whatnot.

ugh....hanboks are so damn ugly.... and so uncomfy too. the top stops right under the armpit and it makes ur armpits itch like crazy. >_<

Guest yoojini

i think korean clothing is cute. not the prettiest nor the ugliest, but it's cute.

A LOT of the chinese women wearing the chinese clothes are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty!*_* i love the vietnamese ones (the old ones and the uniforms, that is)...they looks so soft and graceful. i've never seen indonesian's, but yah~ they look very elegant.^^ i've always wanted to try on an indian saree (sp?)...i just love the way they wear it!!

Guest luluchan

i think chinese culture has one of the most beautiful-est (haha) clothings ever..their design and style, colours, patterns..everything!!!!

Clothes themselves have gazillions differents styles and layers...and all of them have unique designs~

Hairstyle...wow..if u gus watch ancient chinese dramas....their hairstyles are amazing...they set them with patterns and design. like...a hairstyle can mean the moonlighto r sumthing...

adding to the hairstyles...the accessories....amazing things~

chinese clothes match with thousands differnt kinds of hair pins, clips, those dangling things etc etc...

then there's those hand-made embroidery fans..made of silk i think...i dunno....they're soo beautiful too~!! usually they match the clothes too~

mm wat else...they have nice make up too!!! ancient they have thsoe powder stuff...mm yeh..

One chinese drama which i realli liked cuz they had realli nice clothings was "War and Beauty"..esp during the winter times....the clothes were soo CUTE and PRETTY!!! theose furry stuff..and the gloves....

yeh..i talk so much...anywayz..chinese culture is amazing..im not saying other countires are notm but i just like to talk bou chinese~

yaya thx for sharing the pix!! they're realli gorgeous~

AND...chinese each DYNASTY have a totally different style of clothings..its soo cool~

btw howcum we dont talk about men clothes, they're realli nice tooo!!!! less patterns...but very unique and stylish and cool!!

just some pix from "war and beauty"

wb31.jpg

beauty_popup_01.jpg

U92P28T3D520839F326DT20040929213658.jpg

jj11.jpg

jj09.jpg

jj16.jpg

jj23.jpg

jj25.jpg

war_char.jpg

^omg..so cute..look at those fury balls on her head..hahaha..love them~

Overall, indian clothing to me, are the best looking. i love the backless...back. hehehe. and the designs, of course. There very different from other traditional asian clothing. Sexy...to me. japanese and korean clothing seem to kinda look like chinese clothing, the same goes for vietnamese clothing.

Guest soutsada7

wow, I'm lovin' these pix...keep it comin'!!! :w00t: I would have to say that each culture has its own unique style when it comes to traditional clothing and I like them all. I think hanboks are actually very cute :P

MORE INDIAN CLOTHING! BOLLYWOOD STYLE! i love these...there so elegant!!!

indian-lk.jpg

indian.jpg

More to come...well once i find more pictures.

Here...Inoue Mao (played Makino in HYD) in a Kimono...i love her!

MAO15.jpg

Archived