Pretty Women In Traditional Asian Clothing

Guest bubbles20

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sakura.s.

traditional indian/paki clothing is just stunning, so much work put into it..and so heavy at times ^^;; hehe i love the colors used for the tradtional chinese clothing and the fit for the tradtional viet clothing..it really fits the body well...i never knew indo traditonal clothing was so beautiful! nice pictures everyone! ^^

That is why I'm Soo Proud of my Vietnamese Ao Dai.....I always look good in them

Here you go ----

Thxx!!! :D I think vietnamese ao dai is thii most beautiful costumes!! :sweatingbullets:

Guest White Star

Thxx!!! :D I think vietnamese ao dai is thii most beautiful costumes in the world!! :sweatingbullets:

hehehehe...............i think so too....but of course, every traditional custome have it's own beautiful-ness

april3tg.jpg

at2002posterlinkn0ev.jpg

at2002posterlinkl4fy.jpg

sep8bf.jpg

+WS+

lol, let people have their own opinions.

[Korean] (FINE FINE quality, I can direct you guys to the site where you can buy these [EDIT: Oh wait, it's printed on the pictures lol])

507.jpg

507.jpg

515.jpg

555.jpg

596.jpg

543.jpg

Korean and Indian traditional clothing are the most beautiful to me. Neat thread.

Guest lotusdrop

REALLY?!?!? that's such a shock, hanboks i think are so freakin beautiful!!!! like omg, i recently saw lots of girls in traditional wear because of a lunar festival i went to and the hanboks OMGGG when i saw the girls in them my JAW literally dropped!! SOOO BEAUTIFUL!! there were three of them and they looked like moving lifesize dolls!!! SOO CUTE ... yea its such a shock to me that the hanbok could fall under "ugly" catergory for some people lol IMO, its freakin' adorable, i wish one day to wear one even though im not korean HAHA ^___^ yeah... shock ... lol i'm in disbelief because when i saw them i was so in love!!

and i was like "ARGHH why doesn't chinese clothing have poofy, flowing, long arms, like the hanbok?!?!" im so deprived LOL after coming here and seeing all the REAL traditional chinese clothes i love it too!! OMGosh i love this thread!! please keep it going guys ^^ yeaa.. can we buy those han clothings still?! or would it be really really expensive?! lol cuz i wanna wear one too ^^

and aodai i never saw as beautiful until now lol, i guess because i see aodais all the time but they can be pretty ^^

japanese is cute but i prefer the big poof at the bottom (esp with the hanbok ^___^ ---> i looked down from a floor up at the hanbok wearing girls and they were little circles ^___^ CUTEEEEE) hehe yea, my breath is taken away by these traditional wear!!

oh and i like indian fabric and beadings !! i used those for my prom dress ^^

shanbok5jh.jpg

^ i REALLY REALLY like the one with stripped arms ^__^ so cute, anyone know what the different patterns mean or if they mean anything at all? ^^

and that's so cool how you guys were saying the chinese hair could have meanings ^__^ and i like furry things too ^^

^

Honestly, I was surprised too. That's the first time I heard anyone say that. But.... I find traditional dressing in general to be beautiful. It's culture passed down from years and years ago, and that's just so cool.

BTW, you quoted yourself twice :-O

Guest jacinda

and i was like "ARGHH why doesn't chinese clothing have poofy, flowing, long arms, like the hanbok?!?!" im so deprived LOL after coming here and seeing all the REAL traditional chinese clothes i love it too!! OMGosh i love this thread!! please keep it going guys ^^ yeaa.. can we buy those han clothings still?! or would it be really really expensive?! lol cuz i wanna wear one too ^^

Well, to your first point, the thing that I dislike about the hanbok is that it doesn't show off a girl's figure, much like the empire dress, since it's tied up so high. And I also dislike the plainess of the design. I never really see hanboks with many designs on them. They are usually much less decorated than other clothes. But they're not bad, just not my favorites.

And Chinese have lots of different styles. The qipao doesn't have the sleeves but during 5000 years of history there were many styles with long flowng armns. I guess you've never seen any ancient Chinese series then? They're everywhere!!!

I like this pic:

0f651933.jpg

Hey, you guys! Let's post some pictures of guys in traditional clothing. I want to see some hotties!

Guest bubbles20

REALLY?!?!? that's such a shock, hanboks i think are so freakin beautiful!!!! like omg, i recently saw lots of girls in traditional wear because of a lunar festival i went to and the hanboks OMGGG when i saw the girls in them my JAW literally dropped!! SOOO BEAUTIFUL!! there were three of them and they looked like moving lifesize dolls!!! SOO CUTE ... yea its such a shock to me that the hanbok could fall under "ugly" catergory for some people lol IMO, its freakin' adorable, i wish one day to wear one even though im not korean HAHA ^___^ yeah... shock ... lol i'm in disbelief because when i saw them i was so in love!!

hehe the whole "poofy, flowing, long arms," is orignally the chinese' idea

hanboks n kimonos were heavily influenced by the hanfu :P

Guest jacinda

hehe the whole "poofy, flowing, long arms," is orignally the chinese' idea

hanboks n kimonos were heavily influenced by the hanfu :P

Definitely. These are just modified versions to be accurate.

Oh, and bubbles, when you do your posts, can you not post so many pics at once or use a better host or something? Because I love your posts best, but I can never get the pictures to load and sometimes it freezes up my computer.

Guest iSayOink

the chinese, japanese and korean ones are all pretty!!! XD perrrfect for my drawing practices!!!!! the hair ornaments, arrangements and the designs on teh clothes are all so complicated!!! ah, but that's what makes them look pretty and one of a kind! XD

These are basically real apprentice geisha in their furisode

(this one's a doll though :lol: )

doll4jm.jpg

haruyo124za.jpg

gionmaiko24si.jpg

kyotomaiko11qi.jpg

maiimg26xy.jpg

maiko94vl.jpg

*edit* Sorry they're so large! I thought I was copying the thumbnail links :sweatingbullets:

Guest bubbles20

Definitely. These are just modified versions to be accurate.

Oh, and bubbles, when you do your posts, can you not post so many pics at once or use a better host or something? Because I love your posts best, but I can never get the pictures to load and sometimes it freezes up my computer.

oh ok sorry :(

but i dont know how cos the forum doesnt allow u to post only a few pics at a time...its how the system is :(

well, this isn't a picture but a video. All the costumes in this video are so beautiful and I guess more of a modern version of Indian dresses. ^_^

"Mahi Ve" from Kal Ho Naa Ho

http://www.youtube.com/?v=vULfq6sxuWU

Preity Zinta's dress is HOT!

edit: more of them

K3G - Say Shava Shava (Rani looks so pretty in this one, though I don't really like her dress. But the color scheme of the song is nice)

http://www.youtube.com/?v=4Cq9nl1wovQ

K3G - Bole Chudiyan (I like Kajol's outfit)

http://www.youtube.com/?v=puN9WtZNN7w

Shakti - Ishq Kamina (the one for the picture of Aish in that red outfit and SRK next to her that I posted earlier)

http://www.youtube.com/?v=cPIe7fYIgm4

Guest Inconnu

how ignorant. u should respect every culture's traditional clothes even if you don't like it because it's a sign of respect and this happens to be a korean forum your at buddy. you are offending some people on soompi. <_<

Actually, more Chinese people come to this forum ... followed by Korean and Viet. xD I looked at the ethnicity poll posted somewhere in Soompi. I agree with you on how Stephen should've respected the clothing but he also can voice his opinion. Just because he thinks its UGLY doesnt mean hes NOT respecting it ... he just doesnt like the way it looks on women.

More Korean...

[Royal/Noble/Queen dresses]

fashion_03.jpg

fashion_02.jpg

tc111.jpg

tc115.jpg

tcs11.jpg

(GORGEOUS one, this is a ceremonial dress)

[Other styles worn by noblewomen]

tc120.jpg

tc204.jpg

[Men's, I like these]

tc203.jpg

tc106.jpg

Guest mangmang22

whoa! i love traditional clothing....i wish people would make the effort to wear traditional clothes more often. there is something so elegant and personal about it. my favorite is the han fu, hands down!

Archived