Han Ji Min 한지민 ♥️♥️♥️ - [Newest Drama] Hip/Behind your Touch [Netflix]; [Upcoming 2025 Drama] Acquaintances/Between Greetings/Love Scout[SBS]; More Beautiful Than Heaven[JTBC]

richelle

Oh no

September 23, 2020 9:13am PT

Warner Bros. to Cut Operations in South Korea (Report)

Warner Bros. is to halt its investment and production in local films in South Korea, after completing its current slate of movies.

“We’ve already stopped making fresh investments in Korean films,” an official from Warner Bros Korea told the Yonhap news agency on Wednesday. “We will also wrap up projects that are in post-production or in production.”

((Skip))

Warner Bros. Korea kicked off its venture into the Korean production sector in 2016 with Kim Jee-woon-directed period thriller “The Age of Shadows.” The film was a critical and commercial success that grossed $55 million worldwide and was selected to represent South Korea in the foreign-language Oscar race.

But films it has made since have disappointed. They include another Kim-directed effort “Illang: The Wolf Brigade” and drama “A Single Rider.”

Among its three remaining local titles is “Josee,” a remake of the 2003 Japanese drama “Josee, The Tiger And The Fish,” which is expected to be released in November.

Read more https://www.google.com/amp/s/variety.com/2020/biz/asia/warner-bros-to-cut-operations-in-south-korea-1234780557/amp/

• Sad 3

• Replies 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richelle

• tok-soompi

• neih212

• minnie91

^I think especially at these times, producing movies takes much more investment and audience is not guaranteed. No wonder WB Korea will pull out of korean market. Atleast ji min already has Josee with them before they make the decision.

I really hope our wait is worth it:)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFmDhk3Ju6V/?igshid=hvut0aoud9gg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, richelle said:

^I think especially at these times, producing movies takes much more investment and audience is not guaranteed. No wonder WB Korea will pull out of korean market. Atleast ji min already has Josee with them before they make the decision.

I really hope our wait is worth it:)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFmDhk3Ju6V/?igshid=hvut0aoud9gg

It’s Jimin so I am pretty sure the long wait will be worth it! :blush:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Come to think of it, WB Korea started with Age of Shadows where our ji min has a very memorable role. And now, she will have Josee as one of their last projects. I really hope the movie will do well so atleast WB will leave the korean movie industry in good spirit:wub:

She is really naturally beautiful since birth:D Enjoy your weekend everyone. I hope this pandemic ends very soon as I am already starting to lose my mind at home lol. Been almost 7 long months my goodness:tears:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Whoa! She’s enjoying her IG now. Two stories and 1 video / 2 sets of photo posts in less than 48 hours! Happy me!

I think she had a relaxing weekend away from the city, not very far, just far enough to have some trees around her, a blue sky during the morning, orange sky during the afternoon while the sun is setting and a lone rabbit. You could see at a not so far distance a city skyline, Seoul?

Credit: @roma.emo IG

74252-E05-9-A70-4-F17-8026-8727392-E846-

E0407-A26-28-B1-446-F-AC7-D-8-AA5-BAE717

E0307-AA9-362-E-47-DA-8-AA4-97-FDF532-DC

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Here is one more:wub:

This year, I haven't finished a kdrama yet. That's how busy I am sigh. But i think I will finish the kdrama I have started early this year, be melodramatic. If there's a scene with the station being shown in the drama, the poster shown was TLIYE. That only means TLIYE really has been big for JTBC:D

Kim Hye Ja:wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Yea it is the Wandering Chef. I saw it when it played here last year at our documentary festival. It definitely would relate to her or of anyone who has dealt with a loss. It is finding the healing power through food. The chef wanders around the peninsula and looks unique ingredients that have a special meaning towards him. It is a really good doc/drama I would recommend it as well

• Like 4
  • Love 1