Kim Jae Won 김재원 [Currently hosting "The Real Story Eye"] Photos/videos from Tokyo FM on P.176-177

Guest jaewon fan

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest luvskjw

Howdy, chingus!  Just dropping in to say hello.  Miss you guys!
Thanks for all the photos, videos, and links to articles about KJW, whenever I can sneak in back home I take the chance to view them.  I have downloaded some of the videos by @jaewon fan, @tulipw, and others. 
Hope you all are having a great week!

Hugs 
:x

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

class="content-title" Kim Jae Won Joins Cha Seung Won and Lee Yeon Hee’s Upcoming Drama “Hwajung”
Kim Jae Won Joins Cha Seung Won and Lee Yeon Hee’s Upcoming Drama “Hwajung”

Actor Kim Jae Won will be joining the cast of the upcoming historical fiction drama, “Hwajung.”

The actor’s last drama was “Scandal,” a year and a half ago.

“Hwajung” will depict the struggle for power in the political setting of Joseon dynasty. Kim Jae Won will portray King Injo, the 16th King of Joseon, who becomes King after taking down King Gwanghae. Actor Cha Seung Won will portray Gwanghae. Lee Yeon Hee will star in the role of Princess Jungmyung, the half sister of Gwanghae.

“Hwajung” will premiere in April, after the completion of “Shine or Go Crazy,” on MBC. It will be directed by Kim Sang Ho of “Couple or Trouble,” while the script will be written by screenwriter Kim Yi Young, who wrote “Yi San” and “Dong Yi.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/01/29/kim-jae-won-joins-cha-seung-won-and-lee-yeon-hees-upcoming-drama-hwajung/

Kim Jae Won oppa finally is back!!! Thanks God! I can watch him on my screen again! \m/ \:D/ \:D/

My interest level on the drama goes from zero to 100! Ha..

But please, dear Dramagods, let him live happily please.. For sageuk's sake.. Don't make him useless idiot character! Don't make him a fool in love too!

I know his character maybe lacking. Maybe he will be stupid too, but please this time let him has some purpose on the story and the character is not redundant. [-O< [-O<

Guest jaewon fan

Actor Kim Jae Won is set to make his small screen comeback after a year hiatus, through upcoming MBC TV drama ‘Splendid Politics.’

‘Splendid Politics’ is set in the tumultuous period of the Joseon Dynasty, and depicts the desire for abolute power among people through the successive reigns of Seonjo, Gwanghaegun, and Injo. The drama will be directed by Kim Sang Ho of ‘Can You Hear My Heart,’ and the script will be penned by Kim Yi Young who had previously written the scripts for ‘Yi San’ and ‘Dong Yi.’

Kim Jae Won will take on the role of Injo, who is the sixteenth king of the Joseon Dynasty, and was the son of Grandprince Jeongwon. Injo came to power after his predecessor Gwanghaegun (Cha Seung Won) was deposed in a coup. To legitimize his ascendancy to the throne, Injo goes all out to take the life of Princess Jeongmyeong (Lee Yeon Hee), who is the half-sister of Gwanghaegun.

The actor has mainly taken on roles that required him to play warm and gentle guys, and many will be looking forward to seeing his interpretation of Injo who is known in history to have resorted to unscrupulous ways in order to secure the throne.

Kim Jae Won said, “I am really looking forward to working with director Kim Sang Ho, whom I have much respect for, and also screenwriter Kim Yi Young who has looked over my growth from a shy boy to the present me. I am also really delighted to be working in a jovial environment, alongside the staff and cast members who are working hard for the drama. Although we live in a different era and time, we still behave rather similarly compared to the past, and I hope to be able to draw on the innermost thoughts of Injo as much as possible, and show it to viewers.”

‘Splendid Politics’ has thus far confirmed Cha Seung Won, Lee Yeon Hee, Seo Kang Joon, Lee Sung Min as cast members, and will premiere in April.

By: Alvin

Copyright@KpopFighting.com

Kim Jae-won goes up against Cha Seung-won in MBC’s Hwajeong by girlfriday | January 30, 2015 | 1 Comment

KimJaeWon1.jpg

This historical epic is assembling a pretty epic cast: MBC’s new sweeping sageuk Hwajeong (short for Splendid Politics) already has the likes of Cha Seung-won, Lee Sung-min, and Lee Yeon-hee onboard, and now Kim Jae-won (Scandal) is joining them to play Cha Seung-won’s rival. I know, who in his right mind would rival Cha Seung-won? But you can’t have a political drama without heirs battling for the throne and coups mounting in the wings, now can you?

The 50-episode saga takes place in the turbulent era of Gwanghaegun’s reign, in the early 17th century. Cha Seung-won stars as Prince Gwanghae, and in this drama’s interpretation, he’s a villain who usurped the throne from the direct bloodline (while he’s the son of a concubine, and a secondary heir because of it). He has his father’s favored legitimate son executed and ascends.

Lee Yeon-hee is the heroine of the story — she plays Gwanghae’s half-sister Princess Jeongmyeong, who survives her brother’s death but gets cast out of the palace with her mother Queen Inmok, where she’s forced to live as a commoner. She’ll have a loveline with Seo Kang-joon (What’s With This Family), a nobleman and the son of a very prominent family.

Kim Jae-won has been cast as King Injo, the man who will eventually usurp the throne from Gwanghae. Despite the successful coup, Injo is considered a terrible king by all accounts (he’s the weak and paranoid king in Three Musketeers, for one example). He’s Gwanghae’s nephew, the eldest son of one of his many half-brothers, and he happens to be chosen by the faction that wants to tear Gwanghae down and install a new ruler. And even after coming into power, he wants Princess Jeongmyeong killed in case it threatens his position. Yup, paranoid.

He’s described as greedy for power, though truth be told, this is an era where kings don’t have nearly the kind of power that the political factions do. It’s also an era plagued by multiple invasions, which should give the drama plenty of conflict to draw from (as if the family bloodshed weren’t enough).

Kim Jae-won will be reuniting with PD Kim Sang-ho, who helmed Can You Hear My Heart?, and writing is Kim Yi-young of Horse Doctor, Dong-yi, and Yi San. Hwajeong follows Shine or Go Crazy on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in April.

Via Ten Asia

link: http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/01/kim-jae-won-goes-up-against-cha-seung-won-in-mbcs-hwajeong

@jaewon fan yeah... i also read a bit history about King Injo today, he's described as weak and powerless king and DB described his char as paranoid king "And even after coming into power, he wants Princess Jeongmyeong killed in case it threatens his position."

I'm okay if he's the bad guy, as long as he's not pathetic and useless...

But I think his role would at least be interesting right, since Oppa agreed to do it :-? :-?

My other problem, it's 50 EPS!! How do I survive watching a drama for 6 months again?? #-o #-o

Guest jaewon fan

@kanyaprasetyo‌, I'm quite curious about his character . It was said that he is paranoid but they have another villain character too. It's more like everyone are vying for the throne for power and survival.

I guess oppa accepted the character because the director or maybe the writer was the one from Can You Hear mY heart. He have a good ties with them. Let's wait and see for more updates. I'm waiting if anyone would start a thread for it. I don't want to do because im quite busy this days and i can't update it often.

@jaewon fan there's thread for it already but it's so quiet 8-X even though the casts already confirmed
http://forums.soompi.com/en/discussion/2025374/upcoming-drama-2015-princess-jungmyung-%EC%A0%95%EB%AA%85%EA%B3%B5%EC%A3%BC#latest

Yes the PD is from CYHMH so Jaewon Oppa must be still in contact with him.

Well, as I know there's no sageuk without political power struggle and conspiracy :)) :))

Guest jaewon fan

@kanyaprasetyo‌, i read on other sites comments that oppa is only the second lead, though i don't really think so. :D Since this historical drama is a fiction, we really don't know yet who is the center of the story unless we watch it. I just hope he won't die at end.. :-S

@jaewon fan I think he won't die coz he's the future king... Even though it's fusion sageuk, Koreans will be mad if the king dies not according to history...

I think the story will be.. backstory >> Gwanghae is the king >> power struggle >> King Injo (Jaewon)

http://koalasplayground.com/2015/01/30/kim-jae-won-joins-mbc-epic-sageuk-alongside-cha-seung-won-and-lee-yeon-hee/

Guest jaewon fan

@kanyaprasetyo‌, the story sounds like empress Ki, the only difference was that, it's not about the love triangle.. :D and all of them are just from one clan..

Archived