[ANIME/MANGA] Official Thread - Sailor Moon

faithx

Guest msmilkt

oh gods .. the memories~~~

i never got to finish reading the manga for this!! now i get to!!! THANKS

seriously .. this was a GREAT series .. such a freakin' classic, opened up new doors and started a massive WAVE and all <3333

was this like, one of the first anime series to include homosexuality? (with Neptune and Uranus?) because i remember reading about that before (back when god knows when ^^;;)

and there were so many fanfics on the internet on this too!!! gahHhhhhh!!!!

*runs off to watch on crunchyroll again* hahahas~~~

*sad 'cos this reminds me that mum threw out my sailor moon posters when we moved houses 3 years ago*

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Xia-ya

I didnt even know Sailor Moon had any homosexuality things till my friend told me.

I was so surprised and didnt believe her. Then I did when she showed the me the manga.

This is me 0_o.

I lost my Sailor Moon doll when I moved to my new aptment. =[

I really loved that doll <3

In the manga, ChibiChibi's childlike form is really a disguise for Sailor Cosmos, an ultimately-powerful Senshi from the future.

In the anime, ChibiChibi is the starseed of Sailor Galaxia, who had once been a great force for good.

Thank u sooo much

My favorite Sailor is Sailor Jupiter.

I think she's cool and I think the most elegant.

Lol she's the biggest Tomboy of them all

I didnt even know Sailor Moon had any homosexuality things till my friend told me.

I was so surprised and didnt believe her. Then I did when she showed the me the manga.

This is me 0_o.

I lost my Sailor Moon doll when I moved to my new aptment. =[

I really loved that doll <3

Yeh me either,

thas cuz we just watch the american version and alot got cut out

Ziocite was really a guy which made him and Malocite lovers and Fisheye was also a guy

who fell for Darien

I just found that out last month lol.

I had already knew about Michiro and Haruka

..btw was I the only one disturbed by Rini being in love with a horse?

it sucks Sailor Stars will never be dubbed

I honestly don't think it can be done because they will have to really really rape it for america

Guest Demllequ

sailor moon is so cool.

the best magical girl ever genre ever!

Ahhh but now its so old. the new generations probably dont even know what it is. -_-

Guest <3 Kim

Yeh me either,

thas cuz we just watch the american version and alot got cut out

Ziocite was really a guy which made him and Malocite lovers and Fisheye was also a guy

who fell for Darien

I just found that out last month lol.

I had already knew about Michiro and Haruka

..btw was I the only one disturbed by Rini being in love with a horse?

it sucks Sailor Stars will never be dubbed

I honestly don't think it can be done because they will have to really really rape it for america

I don't think they will ever dubb the last season either, like starlights turning into girls when they transform :x

but anyway, i got my sailor moon costume, wand and (most) accessories. I also got a wig but I'm selling it to get a new one since it frizzes too fast :( But here are some pics I posted in the cosplay thread too xD ( i blurred my face because I just look weird in those pics T_T)

IMG_8776.JPG

IMG_8777.JPG

img000091nl8.jpg

but yeah the costume needs some fixing up. I have to sew the bows on properly, and I bought new gloves because the ones i had look really stupid. ALso have to fix up the arm bands too T_T

• 3 weeks later...

I liked the japanese with the subs more than the dub, but i prefer the english songs. Rainy dayyyyyy man <3 lol and of course My only love. I never got into the live action, the people looked odd to me, it was really... the hair colouring lol

I liked the japanese with the subs more than the dub, but i prefer the english songs. Rainy dayyyyyy man <3 lol and of course My only love. I never got into the live action, the people looked odd to me, it was really... the hair colouring lol

I knoww!!!

I have all of the english songs

I think people are on crack to argue that the japanese battle versus Beryl music was better than

"Carry On" in the english dub

I cannot believe they didnt give us an english dub of that Sailor Venus episode (which was sooo sad :()

I'm the minority that HATES subtitles...but I think I'm going to watch the whole show in japanese to see what I missed out on, Sailor Moon is one of my fav anime.

Guest <3 Kim

s13 : Yesssss I <3333 PGSM :D I still watch it now :x I bought so many PGSM merchandise too xD

I prefer Japanese over the English version. THe English version... the voices are so ugh X__X Japanese makes the voices a lot cuter <33 I agree that songs were much better in the English dub, the music was better, but the voices annoyed the hell out of me X_X And English dub annoyed me also since they cut out a lot of things, like the last 2 episodes they merged them into 1 episode :blink:

The episode about Sailor Venus was sooo sad :tears:

I just saw it on sunday.

I didnt know Naoko Tagueci hinted that the scouts possibly dated the henchmen

(Kunzite, Zoicite, etc etc) and OMG Venus was paired with Kunzite :tears: how cool is that?

Kunzite is one of the hottest men on the show

Guest <3 Kim

I love Nephy too <33 he's so cute in Act 0 xD

And the Venus episode was really sad, where Mars started crying :(

Guest xdeathberry

haha just last week I went back and rewatched some eps.

Dang. I felt like an elementary kid again. haha

^she wasn't really involved in the last arc. Although if they went by the manga she would've been. She shows up with the amazoness quartet to help Sailormoon after most of them have their star seeds taken by Galaxia, but then eventually she dies too. But then she shows up at the end when Sailormoon defeats everything.

^she wasn't really involved in the last arc. Although if they went by the manga she would've been. She shows up with the amazoness quartet to help Sailormoon after most of them have their star seeds taken by Galaxia, but then eventually she dies too. But then she shows up at the end when Sailormoon defeats everything.

Rini or Chibi Chibi?

Argghhh so mad at Naoko Takuechi for removing the US license man :(

I need to buy a box set or something

Guest Ms. X

^ She was talking about Chibi Usa (Rini).

After you've watched the whole series, I would totally recommend for you to read the manga.

I loved the anime, but I think the manga was just so beautiful. Naoko's drawing was just too pretty, and that did not/could not translate into the anime.

The story is also a bit different, so it can still be enjoyed if you have already seen all of the anime.

The manga felt a bit more mature and had a more serious mood, while the anime was rather light and involved a lot more humor and action (which makes good animation!).

---

Oh and yes, the music for the dubbed was so good! I had the whole CD, and could sing along to all of them.

I think they did really well on the voices too (except for maybe Mercury and Luna).

Of course, this is all referring to the dub done by DiC.

The group who bought the license for the later seasons did a terrible job dubbing... Sailor Moon's new voice made me cringe.

I don't think they made the effort in creating an English soundtrack either.

Guest xdeathberry

haha I hated Luna's dub.

:(

She sounded so cute in the japanese version.

lol

in the US.. she sounded .. well, like.. a old woman somewhat.

haha

Archived