[ANIME/MANGA] Official Thread - Sailor Moon

faithx

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Not surprised there. Japan has everything I've ever wanted. If only I could live in Japan and speak Japanese, I'd be living a dream.Sailor Moon's sceptres and compact mirrors are something I've always wanted to have.. siiigh If only they weren't that expensive. Last I saw, the crescent moon sceptre is around 120 bucks O.O
tumblr_mplpfbk7Lc1qaclyoo1_500.jpg
^This I found on tumblr and bookmarked it. Kind of like my must-have inspiration. LOL

EDIT:
I browsed through the link you posted, and OMG.......

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-06-06/sailor-moon-cutie-moon-rod-gets-a-proplica-update/.75278

I am droooooling. 

Did you guys see Mamoru in Sailor Moon Crystal yet? I'm following shojobeat on twitter and she mentioned about Mamoru's image being released..  http://www.fashionnstyle.com/articles/21867/20140701/sailor-moon-crystal-new-voice-actors-announced-new-stills-hint-at-romance-between-usagi-and-mamoru-see-pic.htm hehehe he's wearing glasses. Mamo-chan looks so cool! Excited to see their first meet up!

EDIT::
wooooppsss I randomly saw this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV7pgh5wpZs

^Sailor Moon Crystal intro! awesome gorgeous Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask

I liked the Sailor Moon intro. Mamoru looks good but I'm really looking forward to seeing the 4 generals such as Jadeite and Zoisite. They were cute in the first anime. I went back to listening to Moonlight Densetsu, Moon Revenge and Ai No Senshi to appease my inner child.

Guest Minty MinaD

First episode of Sailormoon crystal was GOOOOOOOOOOOD~ soooo much memories T^T *shooting tears*

All the sites that are showing the Sailor Moon Crystal anime have English subs (or other language subs). The part I enjoyed the most was when Mamoru showed up and scolded her for trying to give him lumps.
:))   There was no rose throwing this time.

In other news,
id="page_header" Premium Bandai Accepting Pre-Orders for Sailor Moon Tiara Rings & Official Costumes 

You can take a look at the link above but I think fans' homemade Sailor Moon cosplay look better than that. When I get enough money for materials, I am so going to make my own costume.

Guest motherducker

I watched the first episode of Sailor Moon Crystal and ermagarshhhhh the memories. So nostalgic.
Feels weird watching it Japanese dubbed as opposed to English dubbed like I did when I was kid, and I'm used to watching my animes Japanese dubbed.   

^It was very nostalgic. It brought a lot of memories. I'm really glad that they decided to reboot Sailor Moon. She's much more beautiful in Crystal!
007.jpg
^Silly Usagi. ^_^

005.jpg
006.jpg

008.jpg

001-1.jpg

002.jpg
^Her transformation was epic.

003.jpg

004.jpg

009.jpg

suju_lovee said: Feels weird watching it Japanese dubbed as opposed to English dubbed like I did when I was kid, and I'm used to watching my animes Japanese dubbed.   
I grew up watching Sailor Moon with my cousin and mom who are full Japanese, and mom used to briefly translate shows for me, so I didn't feel weird at all watching this in Japanese. And I didn't buy Tokyopop's version as well, so when I heard their English names, it was the other way around for me. ^^ Their English names sounded weird to me. I'm just glad that new English versions this time stick with using their Japanese names.

I only bought one volume of Tokyopop's version and it wasn't that bad compared to the English anime dub. If I recall, it was the first manga that I ever bought. I actually sold that volume years before they decided to re-release the manga in English. The first time I watched Sailor Moon was in Cantonese Chinese, then the second time was in English and I would have to get up at like 6 A.M. to record it because they would only show at that time in my area. Then I watched the original Japanese with Eng subs after I got the internet so I'm used to it in three languages.

I rewatched the Sailor Moon Crystal anime this morning. I really appreciate it the second time.

There's an L.A. art exhibit honoring Sailor Moon if you live in the area and want to check it out.

Archived