New Vietnamese Help Thread

Guest DOVAHKIIN

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest inamorata.<3

i thought dieu kien means to control...i dunno, its hard to know without all the accents.

--

yay!! finally a viet thread!!

Dieu kien is a request or negotiation. Thua vo dieu kien means when you lose, you cannot make any requests or negotiations.

Dieu khien means to control. =]

By the way, I think this thread should be pinned. If the Korean, Japanese, and Chinese help threads are pinned, then this deserved to be pinned as well.

Dieu kien is a request or negotiation. Thua vo dieu kien means when you lose, you cannot make any requests or negotiations.

Dieu khien means to control. =]

By the way, I think this thread should be pinned. If the Korean, Japanese, and Chinese help threads are pinned, then this deserved to be pinned as well.

woops...my bad :blush:

yeh.. this should definitely be pinned!! i sense taht this thread is going to be quite big..

Chom Chom is a vietnamese fruit...but it might be something else.XD

nguyen = wi-en

NOT ni-gu-yen.

ngo = n-go

when they pronounce, you can't hear the g that much.

pho = FUH! yup.

hope I helped. I'm not vietnamese, but i'm currently learning. I'm full japanese, and I live in Japan, but I'm also fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese. I used to live in USA. not that you care. :P

its nice to hear non-viet ppl learn viet...coz u see all diff kinds of ppl learn korean or japanese or other popular language...but not a lot of them learn viet. yay!!

Guest mango-iee
aww really..?! that's ok tran is really nice too!, because there're TOO much nguyen so some people dont even wish their name is nguyen anymore, but not me =] tran and le are alot too!! =], my mom l.n is ngo too! yay! hhaha, sorry =]Minh ten Thanh, can ban ten gi..? nice to talk to u! =]- At my school more than 50% of vietnamese people with their last name is nguyen, wow! like when we go to class that put together by the last name, the whole class is like nguyen, nguyen, nguyen.. :sweatingbullets: so i know alot of viet people!..lol
Why thank you Thanh!True,none of my viet. friends has the last name Tran.It always Nguyen and Nguyen.It crazy I know.Haha,minh ten la ManhWa,nhung ma moi nguoi thich kieu minh la Ivy hon. =DNice to meet u and talking to u to Thanh!
Music_17, the link doesn't work T-TBut thanks for letting me know~
Oh,I'm sorry! I'm so clumsy...U welcome! =D

"tinh yeu co nghia gi dau ?"

^please translate =DD

thank yu

What does love mean though?

What does love mean?

i think thts it..not too sure.

Guest tudaobietbuon

^^^ actually the 2 person above you are more correct since that sentence is not quite a question. Rather, it's a stament.

well, I think although we Vietnamese put a question mark at the end it doesn't necessary meant that it's a question. I think it turns into a stament because of the word "Đâu".

Guest CitrusFlower

hey. i was wondering if you could translate this for me >____<

"da khong yeu thi thoi."

please and thank you! <33

maybe someone reply but it means you don't love me then fine

or it might mean you don't want me then fine

i can speak it fluently but im no expert :(

Guest mangchilo

I hope I typed this right (I'm going off someone's handwriting and I've never really typed in Vietnamese before--took me a while to find everything!)...

Anyway, I wanted to check something because a friend told me that I should say this to some Viet guy I'm supposed to meet for the first time in a couple of days and he wrote it down for me, but I don't trust him at all because he's totally the type to tell me something totally wrong just for his amusement. I don't recognize it as any greeting I've ever heard, either.

So what the hell did he tell me to say?

Em muốn bú cặc của anh.

Guest CitrusFlower

Thankx for the guide!I could use some help from it.It like bak in the old days where I'm learning Vietnamese now,in Vietnam. =D

Nguyen is a popular last name in Vietnam.It stand 1st place! The following last name goes by percent. ----->>

Nguyễn 阮 (38.4%)

Trần 陳 (11%)

Lê 黎 (9.5%)

Huỳnh/Hoàng 黃 (5.1%)

Phạm 范 (5%)

Phan 潘 (4.5%)

Vũ/Võ 武 (3.9%)

Đặng 鄧(2.1%)

Bùi 裴 (2%)

Đỗ 杜 (1.4%)

Hồ 胡 (1.3%)

Ngô 吳 (1.3%)

Dương 楊 (1%)

Lý 李 (0.5%

my last name is chuong, its not a common viet last name but it is also a chinese last name, im 75%chinese and 25% viet but i count my self as 50 50 cuz i was born in vietnam ^_^

Guest mangchilo

joogrlpekaun: DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT EVER SAY THAT.

If I'm reading correctly, it means: I want to suck your d*ck.

So don't say that!!!!!!!

Damn, that $%#$^! I shoulda known he'd try to pull something like that! Thanks a lot for saving me from a weird situation (not that I would really have said it w/o knowing what it meant, but still!!!) I gotta go beat him up now, that idiot :angry: .

Guest love_pixie

stop asking for bad word translations guys! haha XD

but no seriously. there is no real slang for loser or the b word or anything. it just sounds really literal y'know.

:)

cai thread nay de thoung wa di!

Ohh.. i didn't knw there was a vietnamese thread.. bt cool XD reminds me of the days where i used to go viet classes LOL bt not anymore 'cause I passed LOL wahhhooooooo!!!!!!! XD

Archived