Jang Nara ♥ 장나라 ♥ チャンナラ| [Current Drama 2023/2024] My Happy Ending, 나의 해피엔드 - Sat & Sun @ 2110KST

gm4queen

Guest rainrainy

Hope that Jang Nara could sing the lead songs of the dramas she played in.
Her lovely voicehttp://www.dailymotion.com/video/xunusr_jang-nara-2009-04-12-if-you-ask-me-to_music

Just updating, a slight dip overall in ratings today, but we'll see what happens next week when Pinocchio premieres.
Mr. Back Ep2

AGB National 13.9% (-0.3%)AGB Seoul 16.5% (+0.4%)
TNmS National 12.4% (-0.7%)TNmS Seoul 15.2% (-1.7%)
I consider this quite a consistent performance actually, since no one takes TNmS into account anyway. Let's hope for a strong 2nd week to match and solid ratings throughout!

@oatshin I made that joke but it was intended for CUTE REAN (@KyoRean) not you. I'm sorry if you felt that way. I know "we got off at the wrong foot" so to speak , at FTLY thread but that's over for me now. Peace?! :)>- Like they said you can come to this thread and we can ganged up on @KyoRean!! =)) =)) Saranghae Ms, Moderator!!!

Guest Lindahz

OMG guys Dramafever has released the english subbed 1st episode! Yay! http://www.dramafever.com/drama/4499/1/Mr._Baek/?ap=1
JNR was lovely as always and obviously there's no romantic chemistry yet but there's definitely a fondness expressed from that old grandpa towards Jang Nara's character. I really like it so far, it's hilarious! And I couldn't help but remember that JNR couldn't drive so even during the scenes where she was just driving made me chuckle a little. I can see how she meant her character is a bit more feisty and it's definitely a contrast to her previous stint on FTLY. Can't wait for the next ep!KyoRean said:

Lindahz said: KyoRean said:
Ha yeaaa try me and JNR ssii says ... you can read the lips X_X

@everyone sorry for the misunderstanding of epic proportions.

On a more thread related note I wish Koreans gave woori Nara a bit of a chance. I read somewhere that even in MB she was the second chance. Even in her most recent roles it's more male protaganist centric and she's sidelined. She proved herself in Baby Faced Beauty and even when she got an award for that Koreans were a bit so so on it. My life's dream is to see her in a melo with So Ji sub or Jung Woo sung hopefully (her dream type apparently is a namja like Jung Woo sung)

@Lindahz: Actually, she can drive. So... I felt awkward too, because I believed so strongly that she can't that I keep thinking that all the driving scenes are fake (like the Daniel one in FTLY). I still do think the driving scenes in episode 1 are fake, but the driving scenes in the car park in the 2nd episode are real. She's really driving (you'll know if you watch the BTS).
@oatshin: You know, if she acts with big names like SJS or JWS, it'll probably be a male centric drama again lol. The dramas which are focused on her and her only casted "lesser" male leads. As in, male leads who are kinda "new". Actually, the only example would be Choi Daniel... I think BFB was his first proper drama lead role. Or if you go way back, Kim Jae-won and Kim Rae-won were also supporting male leads I guess. And Han Ga-in's husband. Still, I would love it if she acts with So Ji-sub, or Lee Jun-ki, or Kang Dong-won and etc. Haha :))

장나라, 꽃같이 만개한 마성의 보통여자

Jang Nara, like a flower in full bloom, a fairy-like ordinary girl

201411061744775153_545b3985b0058_99_2014

Comments:
1. [+2552, -56] She really looks as pretty as ever.
2. [+2475, -63] Her acting skills are good but it seems like it's also the underlying humanity - the modesty, the considerateness and the feeling of responsibility.
3. [+2257, -50] Is that face normal for a woman turning 35? Jang Nara's songs are really good too. And she doesn't age, pretty pretty.
4. [+1874, -44] I really feel the same.. When Jang Nara acts, why is it different, and why do you continue to watch.. It's very good natural acting. Her person is also humble and therefore gradually she comes across as being very pretty. I'm looking forward to next week too.
5. [+1351, NA] (She) mentioned that her grandmother passed away not too long ago.. May the soul of the deceased rest in peace.. (My deepest apologies if this wasn't properly translated. JNR did mention this in her recent tweet. I won't be showing the negative votes too.)
Source: http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LS2D&mid=sec&sid1=106&sid2=224&oid=109&aid=0002923728&viewType=pc
Cr. OSEN, Naver

anopinion said: @Lindahz: Actually, she can drive. So... I felt awkward too, because I believed so strongly that she can't that I keep thinking that all the driving scenes are fake (like the Daniel one in FTLY). I still do think the driving scenes in episode 1 are fake, but the driving scenes in the car park in the 2nd episode are real. She's really driving (you'll know if you watch the BTS).
@oatshin: You know, if she acts with big names like SJS or JWS, it'll probably be a male centric drama again lol. The dramas which are focused on her and her only casted "lesser" male leads. As in, male leads who are kinda "new". Actually, the only example would be Choi Daniel... I think BFB was his first proper drama lead role. Or if you go way back, Kim Jae-won and Kim Rae-won were also supporting male leads I guess. And Han Ga-in's husband. Still, I would love it if she acts with So Ji-sub, or Lee Jun-ki, or Kang Dong-won and etc. Haha :))

Hmmm @anopinion true that but in Masters Sun and Arang the writers made sure the female leads weren't sidelined. They held their own. JNR proved her mettle to the K-audience acting with a (now)big name. So I hope after and in MB "Jung Nara" won't just be armcandy to a male A lister. She's an A lister herself.

Sometimes I wonder whether she would be a hit or miss if she was in one of the top agencies. Like she said in an interview it's good that she has her own agency but the big agencies make sure that their idols and actors with minimal talent get good lead roles and people with talent get sidelined.

Based on @anopinion's new post glad she's getting praised. I was a bit iffy that she got the same type of role again but I read this article where a photographer said that it's easier to photograph new places and people to gain fame but what's really difficult is to delve deeper and make the ordinary, mundane, boring place extraordinary and unique. Nara is a good example of that.

oatshin said: Hmmm @anopinion true that but in Masters Sun and Arang the writers made sure the female leads weren't sidelined. They held their own. JNR proved her mettle to the K-audience acting with a (now)big name. So I hope after and in MB "Jung Nara" won't just be armcandy to a male A lister. She's an A lister herself. Sometimes I wonder whether she would be a hit or miss if she was in one of the top agencies. Like she said in an interview it's good that she has her own agency but the big agencies make sure that their idols and actors with minimal talent get good lead roles and people with talent get sidelined.

anopinion said: oatshin said: Hmmm @anopinion true that but in Masters Sun and Arang the writers made sure the female leads weren't sidelined. They held their own. JNR proved her mettle to the K-audience acting with a (now)big name. So I hope after and in MB "Jung Nara" won't just be armcandy to a male A lister. She's an A lister herself. Sometimes I wonder whether she would be a hit or miss if she was in one of the top agencies. Like she said in an interview it's good that she has her own agency but the big agencies make sure that their idols and actors with minimal talent get good lead roles and people with talent get sidelined.

@anopinion
Hope so, too! Would love to see her in a female-centric drama. I think you're right about FTLY. But JNR was able to portray Mi Young in such a way that she didn't look like she was second fiddle to Lee Gun, and I think this really proved her acting prowess.

Regarding Baek Jin Hee (sorry for OT), I think MBC started to really favor her since Empress Ki. There were many posts about her character being extended further than planned because the K-netz loved her. Actually, I didn't see any in FTLY, but during EK, and we have someone translate a report from MBC after each episode. Basically MBC gathers comments from social media, as well as phone calls, and put them up on their site. The station I guess is really very conscious of viewer feedback.