2007 加油! 好男兒 (2007 "my Hero" Contest)

Guest takki_fanatic

Guest takki_fanatic

so this year's top 5 is out! Zhang DianFei, Zhang Chao, Jing BoRan, Fu XinBo & Qiao RenLiang

I hope zhang chao wins :)

65zq9av.jpg

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest xotique

Zha Xi already got eliminated?? Isn't it still just the "top 6" technically? Just that Zha Xi and Zhang Dian Fei are set to PK at the beginning of the next episode (this process still really doesn't make sense to me).

I don't have time right now to watch all of "Part 2 of 8进6" (which they refer to as "6进5") but I did see part of Kimi and Qing Yan Shi in their version of Rob-B-Hood, hahaha. Will have to watch it later!

I'm rooting for Jing Bo Ran still (have been since the top ten), since there was no chance Yan An could win against those fellas (love him, but ain't happenin').

^ Haha, there's not even that many fans in this thread, sadly! Li Yi Feng has plenty of fans. I just don't feel he's as talented as others in the top ten (or top eight at that point). He seems like a very sweet and sort of naive guy. Cute :)

By the way, my name is jenn :D. Seeing "xotique" sort of weirds me out :o

Guest tally

i was curious about Zhang Chao's background so i looked him up. His father is Jewish, mother is from Beijing. He is somehow related to a concubine from the Qing Dynasty. I'm not sure about this piece of info, I might have gotten the facts wrong. But the person providing the info said that his family is very well off and that he had a good education, knows English well. One of his wishes was to make it into the Department of Archaeology at 北大 (Beijing University). He has a sister older than him by 7 years.

when the competition was still in the preliminary stage, i thought the guys were so so looking and that the contestants from last year were better looking. I SOOOOOOOOOO take that comment back now. Though most of the guys are pretty young, but a lot seem to have potential to make it in the business.

can anyone tell me the name of the eliminated contestant that said China needs its own idols too, not just Japanese and Korean idols? something along those lines?

Guest xotique

Dude, I remember that quote, but I cannot remember who it was o_o

Benji (Shi Lei) mentioned that Zhang Chao was "half-American" (I don't know why, but the way he put it sounded funny to me :D). His family must be well off, because he mentioned visiting England when he was younger, and subsequently became interested in rock and the Beatles :). He must have a fairly good grasp of English based upon the songs he sings (the typical Chinese person exposed to English music is not likely to listen to Bon Jovi or Oasis), but his accent is still :S.

Guest *lilyisland*

Thanks for making this thread^^

I really like Bo Ran , he is such a hottie and his voice is so nice~

Guest huangmeixi

Jing Baoran's voice is suprisingly nice...when I saw him in pics I thought he was going to have a squeaky voice just cause he's so babyfaced but no it was hot and manly. Nice combo. :D

I have to say, either way, with Zhang Dianfei and Zha Xi (did he ever explain why he's got four characters in his name?) I would be happy with the top 5...although I think I like ZDF better.

This year's top contestants are overall better looking though I don't see anyone that stands out quite like Ma Tianyu or Wu Jianfei did in terms of looks like last year. Still, they're all undeniably hot. And more talented and personable I think. I did like how last year had more diversity, like with people with disadvantages, like Song Xiaobao cause he was mute and Xiang Ding because he was girly and well...that was it I guess, unless you count Pu Bajia's being a minority, although I don't think that cost him any votes. Does anyone know how ratings compare to last year? I think it's even more popular now, right? Which is good cause I am so ready for a season 4. :D

I just saw this on AF.net, about last year's My Heroes helping out with the effort.

http://english.cri.cn/3086/2007/07/03/1261@245407.htm

I wish I had time to post that rocker photoshoot...someone else maybe? Or I will next week. I wish they would put them in wuxia/hanfu clothese like last year. That'd be fun to see. Probably a little hideous too. :P

Guest huangmeixi

can anyone tell me the name of the eliminated contestant that said China needs its own idols too, not just Japanese and Korean idols? something along those lines?

Hu JinJia. And although China does have its own idols, he is still soooo right. There aren't any companies like Sm or Johnnys ent that actively seeks out guys and packages them for ent, and this show is the closest thing we've got. Which is such a wasted opportunity. Whoever first starts up that business in China is going to make a crapload of money.

Guest tally

Hu JinJia. And although China does have its own idols, he is still soooo right. There aren't any companies like Sm or Johnnys ent that actively seeks out guys and packages them for ent, and this show is the closest thing we've got. Which is such a wasted opportunity. Whoever first starts up that business in China is going to make a crapload of money.

thanx for the info.

Lee So Man is setting up an SM Entertainment company in China. Sooo he will be banking in a lot of moola.

look what i found....

theteacherwithoutchalkta9.jpg

that's Xiao Song in a Hong Kong movie! reading reviews, the movie is like a Chinese version of Great Teacher Onizuka. Xiao Song has long hair here! the movie was made in 2000.

picture credits to mcytc @ AsianFanatics

Guest xotique

Ah, Hu Jin Jia. What show is it that he is acting in soon? I remember he was a bit called out for that by Cao Ke Fan. I also wonder if he speaks any English since he was educated in Australia.

Isn't Zha Xi a "minority" as well? And this is the third season already?

Yes, Jing Bo Ran does have a good voice, plus he's adorable (he's too much younger than me to be hot ... and too skinny). Anyway, those are pretty much the reasons why I'm rooting for him!

U1326P28T3D1624903F326DT20070704175523.JPG

Cheng Di looks pretty decent, actually. The fake hair is ... ehh, but the look isn't so bad, really!

U1326P28T3D1623452F326DT20070703173647.JPG

Kinda ... err, scary.

U1326P28T3D1623454F326DT20070703173651.JPG

I love the pink lighting! But his head looks really long in this shot because of his mouth o_o

What a shame that Yan An just missed the rocker shoot, though. As expected, my fervor for watching the show died a bit ever since Yan An was about to be eliminated :/

Guest xotique

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know the name of the series that some of the top ten from last year are in? Something like Frog Prince, but I was wondering what the Chinese name was ... I saw a little bit of it in Chinese, and although ridiculous, I think I might watch it anyway. I think Zhang Xiao Chen is like ludicrously good-looking >D

Guest Emyli

DAng I shouldn't have clicked into this topic.

MY HERO just started here in China.

How and why did ZXDZ lose???

I am terribly depressed -_-

I feel like he is the only person who can act and sing very well in this competition

I have to add, that i strongly believe that DF's mother gave the rose to kimi because she knows if it were down to KIMI and DF to PK, then KIMI would definitely win. she can deny it but its obvious to all

I guess I have to root for FXB now

Guest xotique

I'm not surprised that Zha Xi was eliminated, sadly. He's a more powerful singer than Zhang Dian Fei, but DF's definitely got him whupped in looks :/. But yeah, DF doesn't have a chance against Kimi if they PK.

Kimi's smirk is hilarious!

U2231P28T3D1627153F358DT20070706101955.jpg

So ... pretty ... X_____X

U2231P28T3D1627153F326DT20070706101955.jpg

Anyone else think these outfits are not becoming on Jing Bo Ran? He seriously looks like a little kid playing dress-up. I almost couldn't recognize him!

U2231P28T3D1627153F329DT20070706101955.jpgU2231P28T235D1F6637DT20070706184243.jpg

http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/5105233-1283089180.html

Hahaha, it's a video of Yan An answering fans' questions. I post it only because the last question is about whether he thinks he looks like Alec Su - which is exactly the first thing that I thought when I saw him! HAHAHA

Guest takki_fanatic

^no offense, but those pictures are making me sick, especially Zhang DianFei, i seriously think DFWS is trying to ruin their image

this is 21st century, not 1960s, i don't get why they do this every season, what's the freaking point??????????

Now that they eliminated Zhang Chao, this is the end of the show for me. I hate this year's result, all the talented people with individuality gets eliminated other than Kimi.

stupid DFWS

Guest xotique

I don't think this type of show really emphasizes contestants with individuality or uniqueness. Just take some of the random forum members that pass by, what do they post? Jing Bo Ran is HOT, etc. Reality shows that emphasize popularity over talent tend to be biased towards the more mainstream. (That's the very definition of "mainstream," haha.) I mentioned this before, but I think it may very well be better for Zhang Chao that he does not win this competition, because he may now have more freedom to pursue what he wishes. As the lead singer of a band, perhaps his band can now go somewhere. However, if the point of this show is to find the new idols of China, rock music doesn't really sell in China. An entertainment company would make much more money packaging someone like Zhang Chao as a member of a boy band, but I hardly think that he would like to pursue that route. In contrast, I think Jing Bo Ran would be almost perfect in the current definition of an idol. He is cute, sings well, and seems very adaptable - I can see him in a boy band without thinking that he has strayed from his original intentions. That's why I would like to see him (or Fu Xin Bo) win.

Kimi may go on and on about how he does what he wants and how he wants, but if he is "owned" by an entertainment company, that will likely no longer be true. He will be forced to do as the company tells him. Like the contestants in the top ten last year who are now filming that Frog Prince series - do you think this is something that Kimi would like to do? But what if his company tells him he has to? It might be better for him to have the exposure of being on My Hero but not the pressure of being coerced into activities he doesn't want to do. It's like Wu Zun of Fahrenheit (not the best example, I know) - his company forces him to hide the tattoos on his arm to protect his "image." He's not ashamed of his tattoos, yet the company forces him to wear silly fake sleeves that are obviously only to cover his tattoos - which all his fans know he has anyway. It's stupid, but he has no choice in the matter.

I'm sure the reason that they dress up in ancient or wuxia costumes is because so many Chinese drama series are of that genre (in comparison to Taiwan, for example). If they are to be part of the Chinese entertainment industry, it's something that they must be accustomed to and something that the Chinese audience needs to see as well before choosing the new "idols."

If it was up to me, I'd like to see these boys do as they dream - since I've watched them over the past weeks, I've also learned about their hopes for the future. If I end up just seeing them in Chinese equivalents of Taiwanese idol series, or singing in music genres that aren't their "own," I'll be disappointed.

Archived