Kang Dong-Won 강동원 [Upcoming movies: “The Plot”, “Dr. Cheon and Lost Talisman”, “ War and Revolt”]

Helena

Hey everyone, I'm new here
Been fans of Kang Dong Won since kundo 
His acting is so intense so I start looking up for his news
Since he is a private person so I kind of dissapoint that there are not so much news about him than other actors
But thèn I found this threat and I look up on instagram there so many photos of KDW 
Thank you for keep updating this threat :)))

Btw, he looks so happy in recent showcase of 'A Violent Prosecutor' 
In one video, I saw him jumped because of a game (maybe lie detector?)
Did anyone know why?
It's good to see KDW laugh freely he's soooo handsome *.*

• Like 4

@ovcedhooy welcome! :blush:

Hwang Jeong-min says, "From Kang Dong-won to Jeong Woo-seong, handsome boys are also good at doing their work"

2016/01/29

Actor Hwang Jeong-min mentioned about his partners, Kang Dong-won in movie 'A Violent Prosecutor' and Jeong Woo-seong in movie "Asura". While Hwang Jeong-min was doing his interview with OSEN at a café in Samcehong-dong, Seoul in the morning on January 29th, he made reporters laugh when he said, "Good-looking boys also do work very well".

He said, "I liked Kang Dong-won very much. He is a good-natured guy and not someone who is mischievous or playful. But I'm always happy to see someone who plays his role well" and "Since we meet to work together, I like it as far as work is done well".

He continued on, "He is basically down to earth. While he is such a handsome actor, he is dsimple and humble. I liked him even more when I found out about his rustic side" and "He wasn't picky and knows how to take care of things flexibly".

Hwang Jeong-min also mentioned about Jeong Woo-seong, "I think Jeong Woo-seong's really cool. These good-looking people are also very cool. They do their work very well" and "I got to see Jeong Woo-seong differently this time. He's an attractive person. This is my first time to work with him. He's considerate, a very cool friend".

Meanwhile, Hwang Jeong-min and Kang Dong-won's 'A Violent Prosecutor' is open on February 3rd.

source http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1110343420 via http://www.hancinema.net/hwang-jeong-min-says-from-kang-dong-won-to-jeong-woo-seong-handsome-boys-are-also-good-at-doing-their-work-90929.html

---------------------------

@Seoul's Times Square Thursday
Posted Image
Posted Image

@CGV Starium

Posted Image
Posted Image

credit Showbox

Posted Image
Posted Image

credit may5210

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

credit SUJI via dcdongwon

-------------------------------------

naver.com / previewpic
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

-------------------------------

his outfits

SISE
Posted Image

Saint Laurent Spring Menswear 2016
Posted Image
Posted Image

Saint Laurent Spring Menswear 2016
Posted Image

Burberry Prorsum Menswear Spring/Summer 2016
Posted Image
Posted Image

Neil Barrett Spring Menswear 2016.
Posted Image

credit kitakitty

• Like 6

2015 Audience Choice

28 January 2016

oA7ioKu.jpg

CGV Research portal respondents 1,011 people and conducted by 2016 Actor / Director findings (according to sampling error 95% confidence interval 3.08) [google trans]

Most Believable Actor
1. Hwang Jung-min (40.1%)
2. Kang Dong-won (28.2%)
3. Song Kang-ho (24.0%)
4. Ha Jung-woo (23.3%)
5. Choi Min-sik (14.1%)

Best Acting
1. Hwang Jung-min (39.2%)
2. Song Kang-ho (25.4%)
3. Choi Min-sik  (22.0%)
4. Ha Jung-woo (19.4%)
5. Lee Byung-hun (14.8%)

Most Charismatic Actor
1. Kang Dong-won (48.1%)
2. Won Bin (16.3%)
3. Kim Soo-hyun (9.7%)
4. Jung Woo-sung (9.2%)
5. Jeon Ji-hyun (8.1%)

source:http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2016012812175934399&type=1&outlink=1

------------------------------

kdw @CGV Starium on 28 Jan 2016

(14.31 mins)

병준김

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mellinadear said:

Yikes! They are designer clothes. And I was about to go nutzo on his cordi.

I know what you mean.  I don't care for the lace jacket.  It is too light and it washes out his skin complexion.  In a couple of the photos above, his hands and face look as white as a ghost next to the beige colored lace jacket.  I'm surprised the red sweater and the plaid shirt were designer clothes too.  Both look like something you would get from the GAP (I love GAP clothes).    He is able to wear all of those designer clothes well because he is so thin.   In the side-by-side comparisons, he looks better in the clothes than the model on the runway.  

@Ovcedhooy Welcome to the Thread.  Like you, I became a fan of his after watching Kundo on Netflix.  I had confuse him with TOP from Big Bang when I saw the cover of the Kundo movie. Now, when I look at the two men, I don't know how I could have confused them.  While watching Kundo,  I was like, "Who is this man?"  After watching the movie, I went on a mad hunt to find all of his work with English subtitles.  I've been truly impressed with his acting skills.   

Someone above commented he looks really happy these days.  Maybe, he is finally in love with a nice woman. :P  

• Like 5

21 hours ago, ovcedhooy said:

Can anyone tell me how to post image?

How to Post Pics on the Forum

http://www.tintdude.net/posting-pics.html

-----------------------------

Kang Dong Won reveals he hated his private life being publicized in his 20S.
Jan 31, 2016

Though the life style of a celebrity may seem fabulous, some hate the spotlight they receive. Kang Dong Won said he was one of those stars in his 20s.

During an interview with News1star, Kang Dong Won revealed his distaste towards scandals along with the lack of privacy he has as a celebrity.

“I hate other stuff getting in the way of my acting,” he said. “I despised my private life being publicized when I was in my 20s. Now, however, I know what I like, and I try to ignore the rest. Whatever people may say, I try to not pay much attention.”

Kang Don Won also commented that “a woman without any stomach fat” is no longer his ideal woman.
“Though I used to be like that when I was younger, that’s old talk,” he said. “I had meant that I like a person who likes eating but doesn’t try to mindlessly stuff herself. I’ve grown up, and now I don’t care about a person’s body. A skinny girl is as charming as a plump one. Sometimes, when several different types of ladies join a get-together, I feel different attractions to all of them.”

Meanwhile, his newest movie “A Violent Prosecutor” will open in theaters on February 3. He will be playing the role of a handsome swindler who helps a falsely accused prosecutor seek justice.

Source (1) via Soompi

--------------------------------

DON'T MISS

Event: VIP Premiere for "A Violent Prosecutor"

Date: February 1, 2016 (Monday).
Time: 7.00 pm (KST).

Who will be there:
- Lee Il-hyeong(director)
- Hwang Jung-min
- Kang Dong Won
- Park Sung-woong
- Shin So-yul
- Han Jae-Young

source

Posted Image

credit gguung

• Like 2

as i know, kdw is an actor with his unique fashion since his debut day. at that point the decision to choose the fashion style not only the cordi but also kdw itself. for me the most attractive appearance of him that kdw is being kdw just like what he feels abt style not just stuck with actor sense like always wise and classy style that so boring these days. he's God Dong Won btw, the modest and unique korean actor ever. so gwenchana people :glasses:

CaCYURoUYAAIDJN.jpg

• Like 3

Gang Dong-won eyes global film market

Top actor Gang Dong-won said he is eyeing the global film market with the hope of improving the filmmaking environment in South Korea, in a recent interview with local entertainment media outlet the Star.

“Actors and staff here often shoot films without sleep and food due to the lack of budget,” he said, adding, “I don’t know until when this can last.”

“In order to improve the environment, there should be more budget, but we are not able to raise the ticket price,” he said. “So, we need to make movies that can draw more moviegoers.”

“In order to generate 30 billion won ($24.9 million) in ticket sales, there should be at least 10 million admissions,” he said, adding this is not easy because of the nation’s relatively small population, at around 50 million people.

He is thus mulling jumping into the overseas market and hopes to grab a chance, if there is any.

“I will crack a bottle when a Korean movie is released simultaneously in the Asian markets,” he said.

The 35-year-old, who has starred in multiple hits including “The Priests,” “Kundo” and “Jeon Woo-chi,” is to play a lead role in the upcoming movie “A Violent Prosecutor,” slated to hit theaters Feb. 3.

source

• Like 5

February 1, 2016

Kang Dong-won goes to the PC Room with Won Bin and drinks with Kim Yoon-seok and Song Kang-ho

Source: Newsen via Hancinema.net

photo681545.jpg

The tvN show "List of Names" put Kang Dong-won in third place of being star with unlikely networks.

Kang Dong-won mentioned in 2010 that he goes to the PC Room to play games with Won Bin and kwon Sang-woo.

However, now that Won Bin and kwon Sang-woo are married, who is Kang Dong-won's best friend? Kim Yoon-seok and Kang Dong-won met in the movie "JEON WOO CHI : The Taoist Wizard" and that's when Kang Dong-won learned how to drink too. He also drinks with Song Kang-ho too.

Another friend of Kang Dong-won's is Kim Jin-ho, the lead vocal of SG Wannabe. They met in 2006 through their stylist and have been friends ever since.

Meanwhile, "List of Names" mentioned stars with unexpected star best friends.

• Like 1

'A Violent Prosecutor' NEW poster

uWREvKe.jpg

XW5v4kC.jpg

R3nd8zG.jpg

Showbox

--------------------------

VP real-time ticket reservation 72.4%, 173,340 admissions

2016/02/02  16.55 (SKT)

5s5sBhx.jpg

source

Edit

18.26 (SKT) 185,644 admissions (75.6%)

MrrZUXw.jpg

source

Finally, D-1 for "A Violent Prosecutor" and it has already broken "The Roaring Currents" record as the movie with the most D-1 ticket reservation. A really good news...

credit https://www.facebook.com/A-fan-of-Kang-Dong-Won-456161621157424/

source

• Like 2

[bnt interview] Kang Dong Won, Never Be Light

jj7qBy8.jpg

[by Lee Lin, translated by Bae Jung Yun] Kang Dong Won fully enjoys acting in the movie. He spreads out a delightful buddy-play in the round set up by Hwang Jung Min, and the saying, ‘Genre is Kang Dong Won’ did not come out for nothing.

‘A Violent Prosecutor’ is about a prosecutor (Hwang Jung Min) with a false charge of homicide and a good-looking swindler (Kang Dong Won) that the prosecutor helps the swindler getting out of the jail to veil his false charge.

FoIigWN.jpg

Recently, bntnews met Kang Dong Won in a café, which is located in Samcheong-dong, Seoul. He was carrying cannot-be-hated smile just like Han Chi Won from the film.

“I think any other actors are suitable for this character, but I tried to add my personal color to fit in by demonstrating it well. I really like comedy genre and enjoy making people laugh. This character might receive lots of love from many females in their twenties and thirties. The director said that he wants Chi Won to be a character that is cute and cannot-be-hated as well. I had less pressure about it.”

Kang Dong Won took the role of overly bluffed good-looking swindler Han Chi Won who has nine criminal records and awakened his great comic instinct. An old fox Han Chi Won meets Kang Dong Won is even lovable. Normal prison uniform became a style when he wears it; Chi Won who flirts with every girl was acceptable when he acts it. However, he had struggles in acting different characters, which had to perform strategies according to Byun Jae Wook’s (Hwang Jung Min) orders.

“It was hard. I needed to make up new characters continuously, so I had hard times remembering the lines. I made Chi Won’s way of talking and expressions, but I needed to focus and become different characters depending on the situation. When I get used to a character, I usually get an okay sign in one or two, or even three or four for maximum takes, but I did five takes in general.”

miXMSwQ.jpg

Kang Dong Won had an unexpected kiss scene with actress Shin Hye Sun who plays the role of election accountant. It was not in the scenario, but they agreed to act immediately for the movie.

“Director said that it will be needed. If he told me beforehand, I would get my mind ready.(Laughed) It was not melodramatic emotion and it helped for one of the strategies from the film, so I decided to shoot it.”

Movie reveals its genre is Kang Dong Won reaching to the end. To balance the character, which will add fun to the movie, Kang Dong Won set up a strategy for everyone by watching comedy programs as a reference.

“Although its genre is crime, the special key point is Chi Won’s entertaining component. I did my best to vitalize each facial expression. I needed to balance it because I had to make facial expressions that I do not normally make. I strategically controlled the crude character because it cannot be seemed too light.”

eZpeg9v.jpg

From Korea’s representative actor Sol Kyung Gu, Song Kang Ho, Kim Yoon Seok to Hwang Jung Min, who has attuned with him in ‘A Violent Prosecutor’, Kang Dong Won harmoniously performed with these famous senior actors and brought out perfect combinations. The driving force of making better synergy without scarcity was reassurance.

“I feel comfortable acting with senior actors. Acting alone has pressure and missing things. I get reassured feeling of ‘they can replace it’ while working with them. I have balanced with other actors by calculating the prop of Hwang Jung Min in ‘A Violent Prosecutor’ as well. On the other hand, I felt pressured acting alone in ‘Hidden Time”. At least, I feel reassured by a baby who acts together in the movie. Watching baby’s face on the screen needs no word to me. Just like the fine feeling by looking at the pure face of female actress from melodramatic film.”

After three months from ‘The Dark Priests’, he came back with ‘A Violent Prosecutor’ and received warm welcomes by the mass public. Kang Dong Won will begin his journey from ‘A Violent Prosecutor’ which stands out pleasant change to ‘Hidden Time’ and ‘Master’ and consistently visit the movie fans.  

“I always need to find something new that will make the public feel refreshing. That is my taste and I get tired of things easily. There might be a limit for myself, but I want to try my best just like now. The working direction will not change in the future. I only wanted to be in movies before, but now I also want to be in dramas if there is a good one or maybe film with ten episodes. There are many different platforms to present movies to the audiences other than theaters.”

BnOF5ZN.jpg

Kang Dong Won had positive responses to overseas activities and production. Cheers for his hard working challenge which shows another charm differs as an actor.

“The biggest roles as an actor are acting well, improving recognition, showing in the broadest market and appearing in various kinds of movies. Overseas activities will help these in terms of commercial purposes. Just like Cantonese movie released in Korea before. In that way, the system of making Korean movie stably settled in the market will be formed in ten years, or even in five years.”

“I usually drink and talk about movie with friend. We talk about movie until we throw up and it helps us to plan to produce by itself. For example, we think ‘This might be fun’ and if we are too busy to write it, we can find a writer and write beforehand. If we have ideas or come up with something that had yet produced, we can make it. While we think about the fun way of making it and how to cast the characters, we say ‘That is not right’ on the next day when we get sober.(Laughed)” (photo by Showbox)

http://bntnews.co.uk/app/news.php?nid=28411

• Like 4

^

he is Lee Jae-hyuk, a photographer...

his ig: https://www.instagram.com/xxxack/

----------------

Kang Dong Won says he hates booking culture at clubs

February 2, 2016

2SXfdQs.jpg

Booking: Groups of men and women meeting in a club and drinking together. It's arranged by club waiters and it often leads to one night stands or messy relationships.

"The scene was necessary for the flow of the film but it was honestly really hard. It's awkward enough to dance in front of people, but the atmosphere was worse because it wasn't funny. So I tried harder to make it better. I also practiced a lot. I don't like loud stuff so I don't go to clubs. I especially hate booking culture so much. How does it make sense for people to be dragged by hands? If it happens in a foreign country, they can be sued."
-
Pann: Kang Dong Won who hates booking culture at clubs

1. [+52, -1] Wow he's so perfect... I want to be the only mistake of his life

2. [+22, -1] Oh... Kang Dong Won's cool... He also has good thoughts

3. [+18, -5] It's always ugly people that go to clubs ㅋㅋ Real beauties and handsome guys don't go to places like that.

http://kpopkfans.blogspot.com/2016/02/kang-dong-won-says-he-hates-booking.html

----------------------

The first day screening of VP is doing really well, it might exceed 500,000 tickets...wait until 12:00 am. (SKT) :blush:

• Like 3