Lee Bum Soo 이범수

Suz07

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tadyda

does anyone know where i can watch any of his variety show appearance? or have the link? oh..i heard he appeared on nonstop once..any info.?

on second thought...does anyone know wat the title ofthe show is from the picture above and wat episode? thanx!

I think the title is " Come to play"

• 3 weeks later...
Guest janetkk89

Does anyone know know where I can find the "Come to Play" episode that he guest starred in??????????

Thanks in advance!!! :D

I think the title is " Come to play"

Guest janetkk89

Okay I did some research and I was able to find that it was episode 205 on 2008.07.28 in Come to play

I just do not know where I can find it... if anyone does, can you upload it here or something?

That would be sooo great :)

thankss

Does anyone know know where I can find the "Come to Play" episode that he guest starred in??????????

Thanks in advance!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest janetkk89

He's going to be coming on next week's Come to Play episode again! :)

Someone uploaded this week's on Youtube... I'm hoping someone will upload next weeks because I don't know how :S

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nsrlbs1965

If you want to watch x-man3 full episode as bum soo as x-man...

You can go to nsd021879x channel, others interesting interview from sbs go to ...

jacky555kimo, kbs & ebs talkshow go to steelrose G channel, go to tsaenin channel (making of bad guy mv) & simplybeomsoo channel for full ep of ji pi ji gi and making mv of precious history .. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

AND congrats to him coz he got hot body and got the cool guy title for 09.

p/s i really want to see full ep of come to play and sbs change show episode horror special(bum soo & gosa actors)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

*Congrats to LBS!*

November 4, 2009

Lee Beom-soo dating his English teacher

106203_l.jpg

innolife.net

Actor Lee Beom-soo publicly unveiled his girlfriend for the first time yesterday. The 40-year old actor who played the beleaguered baseball pitcher in the 2004 sleeper hit "Mr. Gam's Victory" has been dating Lee Yun-jin, an English teacher and interpreter 13 years his junior since early 2008.

The two met when Lee began tutoring the actor in English, and from there he said they began a romance soon after. The actor is not Lee's first pupil in the entertainment business. She has also taught Rain for four months and has also worked as an interpreter and columnist for an English language daily.

In an official statement, the actor said, "Because my girlfriend is just a normal person, I couldn't reveal her identity in order to protect her from the public limelight. ... It's been difficult to go around behind people's backs to be with her and I'm so happy that I can now hold her hand and publicly go on dates."

Lee's latest film, a comedy about a legendary Joseon-era hero reborn in contemporary times, is set to open later this month.

Credits: kws@heraldm.com via koreaherald.co.kr

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

March 9, 2010

Lee Bum Soo to get married

by heartfacee on March 9, 2010

20100310112351424b6_113423_0.jpg

kr.news.yahoo.com

I hear a lot of wedding bells in the air these days with Jang Dong Gun, Yang Hyun Suk and now it’s Lee Bum Soo turn!

It’s been a year and six months since they’ve been dating and only six months since they’ve announced it to the public. They are planning on tying the knot in May just like Jang Dong Gun. Their wedding is set for May 22nd at the W Seoul Walkerhill Hotel.

His fiancee Lee Yoon Jin (27) is an English newspaper columnist, a translator and an English language teacher. She’s taught big name stars, such as Rain, English. In fact, the two met while Lee Bum Soo (41) was learning English.

What a cute love story. Congratulations!

Source: allkpop.com

March 10, 2010

Lee Bum Soo’s wife-to-be officially announces their wedding

by jeshicaa on March 10, 2010

2010031111305093898_113120_0.jpg

We reported earlier that actor Lee Bum Soo will be getting married to Lee Yoon Jin, a 27 year old English newspaper columnist, a translator and an English language teacher. She is also well-known as hallyu star, Rain’s English teacher! Lee Bum Soo revealed through a text message on the 10th that their wedding will be on May 22nd at the W Hotel.

Lee Yoon Jin recently shared her feelings and officially announced their wedding on her minihompy.

On the 11th, Lee Yoon Jin put up a picture of her with her future husband, Lee Bum Soo, on her cyworld minihompy and commented, “I am finally getting married”, “We will live happily” and other short comments in English. Also, she titled the post, “Bum & Yoon”, showing everyone their nicknames.

Netizens who saw the picture said, “The couple looks so good together! Miss Yoon Jin, congratulations”, “The two are perfect for each other. I wish for the best of your happiness, love and wellness” and other positive and supportive comments.

Their relationship became public last November, and Lee Yoon Jin became famous as a famous columnist, translator, and even Rain’s English teacher.

This will be Lee Bum Soo’s second wedding. In 2003, he married his colleague, but ended up getting divorced only five months later.

Let’s hope that this wedding is successful, and congratulations to both!

Source: allkpop.com / kr.news.yahoo.com 1 / 2 / 3 / 4

• 1 month later...

May 5, 2010

Drama 'Giant’ to show Korea's boom years

By Han Sang-hee

Staff reporter

100504_ssongB1.jpg

SBS’ new drama "Giant" spans over 30 years, and both makers and actors hope it will captivate viewers.

The 50-episode television series revolves around young and passionate characters making a living and searching for their goals and love in Seoul during the busy 1970s. "It was a bit of a burden as I had to act a character whose life span ranges from his 20s to his 50s," Lee Beom-soo, who plays the main character Lee Gang-mo, said during a press conference Tuesday. "But I thought I would give it a try," he added with a smile.

Seoul was in the middle of a huge transition during the 1970s, both socially and financially, thus giving birth to various stories and incidents regarding poverty, priorities and success. Lee Gang-mo was in the middle of all three. Born to a poor family in the late 1950s, Lee loses his father in a mysterious murder right after birth. The young Lee struggles to make a living and finally takes his ill mother and sister to a small motel and continues to make ends meet by begging and singing in the streets. One night, he buys some briquettes to heat up the room but the motel owner accidentally causes a gas leak, killing those inside, including Lee’s mother. The heartbroken Lee vows that he will never be poor again and begins his lifelong journey toward success.

Like any other rags-to-riches story, or typical Korean drama, there is always a twist regarding competitors and lovers.

Actress Park Jin-hee plays Lee’s love interest Hwang Jeong-yeon, another passionate character with a family secret. "This is my first period drama, so I’ve been so nervous over the past few weeks. I never played a cold and serious character before, so I had so many thoughts in my head," Park said.

The drama features the highlights of the city’s development, bringing politics, power and money to the small screen. Money was all it took to gain power, and so, many, including Lee, had every reason to fight for it no matter what. "The drama 'Giant’ is based on one man’s success story, who made it through the dangerous urban jungle thanks to his wisdom and courage. We hope the drama will bring a sense of joy and comfort to viewers. Moreover, the show will also help people realize the true meaning of success in this corrupt world we live in today," SBS said through a press release.

NISI20100504_0002695078_web.jpg

The series may have been anticipated by some, but for one actress, this was the drama that would help prove her potential. "Hwang Jung-eum, who instantly shot to stardom after starring in the hit sitcom "High Kick 2," will appear as Lee’s younger sister. "For a while, I lost interest in acting. I didn’t have any confidence but 'High Kick’ helped me regain my strength,’’ she told reporters when asked about her successful year as the perky university student. The 25-year-old has quite a long career as an actress ― appearing in a number of dramas, including "East of Eden" and "Winter Bird" ― but it was not until the sitcom that she finally became a household name. "It’s been a while since I worked on a full one-hour drama, and I do hope everything goes well. I never had a serious interest in acting when I was younger, but now I really want to do well. I’m sure I’ll grow as an actor through 'Giant’,’’ she said.

With high hopes of winning the hearts of viewers, the new soap "Giant" will first air on May 10 at 9:50 on SBS.

Source: hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

May 7, 2010

[PREVIEW] SBS TV series "Giant"

Editor.Lucia Hong

2010050712272508766_1.jpg

Official poster of TV series "Giant" [sBS]

"Giant" - SBS TV

Written by: Jang Young-chul, Jung Kyung-soon

Produced by: Yoo In-shik

Starring: Lee Bum-soo (as Lee Kang-mo), Park Jin-hee (as Hwang Jung-yeon), Joo Sang-wook (as Cho Min-woo), Hwang Jung-eum (as Lee Mi-joo), Jung Bo-suk (as Cho Pil-yeon), Lee Deok-hwa (as Hwang Tae-sup), Kim Seo-hyung (as Yoo Kyung-ok), Park Sang-min (Lee Sung-mo), Lee Moon-shik (as Park So-tae)

In one sentence: A period drama set in the 1970 to 1980s, a time during which people's desire to develop Kangnam were entangled, where three children who were separated after losing their parents come together to seek revenge for them.

Premiere date: May 10, 2010, 9:55 p.m.

Epic drama "Giant," celebrating the 20th anniversary of major public network SBS, is similar to MBC's series "5 Republic" in the sense that it draws on the same storyline -- the desires of an individual living in the 1970 to 1980s, a time period which was all about economic growth. However, "Giant" takes a chance and tries to transform into "an interesting story instead of the obvious" while incorporating the subject of 'developing Kangnam.' The main flow of the drama is based on three siblings Sung-mo (Park Sang-min), Kang-mo (Lee Bum-soo) and Mi-joo (Hwang Jung-eum). As if it's not enough that they lose their father in a questionable murder, their mother's life is taken away as well because of the coal briquette she bought with money she panhandled. When the three siblings, who were separated, are reunited, Sung-mo has become a man dreaming of seeking revenge while working as an agent of the Central Intelligence Agency under the command of Cho Pil-yeon (Jung Bo-suk) who killed their father and Mi-joo is one of the reigning actress of the time as well as having authority and influence on the government as well. But at the very moment they decide to execute their revenge, their fate become tangled and confusing as Mi-joo falls in love with Cho Pil-yeon's son Min-woo (Joo Sang-wook) and Kang-mo and Min-woo both go after Jung-yeon (Park Jin-hee).

Anticipation Quotient (1-10 points)

If you are curious about the Kangnam district that was eyed in the 1970s to 1980s - 9 points

If you are worried about the show's synchronization rate with "5 Republic" - 7 points

2010050712272508766_2.jpg

Actor Lee Bum-soo (left) and Jung Bo-suk (right) in scenes for "Giant" [sBS]

Kangnam was land that everyone had their eye on even 30 years ago. The tight tension between money and power can be seen through the conflict between the head of the Central Intelligence Agency Cho Pil-yeon and chairman of Manbo Construction. It is anticipated that "the first 10 episodes resembling a intelligence war" as said by Lee Bum-soo and "the camera walking only seen in American dramas" as said by Jung Bo-suk, will heighten the tension in the show. Lee Deok-hwa, who had played the role of former president Chun Doo-hwan in "5 Republic," returns as a businessman whose power is backed by the government.

At the press conference on Tuesday, scenarist Jang Young-chul explained that "the political and economical situation isn't anything more than a mere setting showing the family who is trying to live during that period....... Fundamentally, it is a human drama depicting on the family's love." However, will the audience be able to feel humanism in a drama following the story of revenge and desire? We will just have to wait and see if Jung Bo-suk's wish to "beat out MBC's 'Dong Yi-Jewel in the Crown'" will be granted.

Reporter : Lee Gaon thirteen@ Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@ <ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved> 10.asiae.co.kr

Archived