[movie 2007] My Mighty Princess 무림여대생

Guest jhing

Guest Hellen_th

Yea i noticed that also. I personally like "my Mighty Princess" title more.

"My Mighty Princess" sounds great but I still love "Fighting Schoolgirl" because I think MMP sounds too fantastic for me. I prefer things that's more realistic though the movie itself might be a bit of fantasy. :D Plus I think FS can attract more audience because it seems to be able to relate to more people while MMP sounds surreal. Just my opinion though. ;)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohh....that explains the different title on the teaser...hehe...though 'Fighting Schoolgirl' has already grown on me, I guess 'My Mighty Princess' sounds okay :)

Minah's one strong girl, indeed :D

Can't wait for the promotional activities for this movie...and more pics/previews too!

Ok, I think we'll keep the title Fighting Schoolgirl for now. :D When we get more updates on the movie and the FINAL title comes out then that's when we'll change it. Although I prefer Fighting Schoolgirl too as the title. It just sounds more fun and action. :lol:

Guest lot_lot

here's a cute picture of SMA getting hit by that truck. it's hilarious that she gets up and apologizes to the driver of the truck, hehehe. SMA did a lot of stunt work, you can see the ropes in the picture.

>>>credit to Yahoo Korea, Film 2.0

feature_4169_6628_M.jpg

Guest jhing

OMG! Thank you for the pic Lot! More please! :D

:lol: Look at her facial expression there. So funny. Gosh, I wanna see this movie now, as in NOW! :lol:

Guest jhing

OMG szne, I can't stop watching the trailer. She looks great with both guys but am leaning more towards Yoo Geon at the moment. :lol:

Ohh I can't wait to see more pics and trailers!

Guest lot_lot

OMG szne, I can't stop watching the trailer. She looks great with both guys but am leaning more towards Yoo Geon at the moment. :lol:

Ohh I can't wait to see more pics and trailers!

hey jhing, I cannot stop watching the trailer either. I'm trying to figure out the subtitles, hehehehe, it's my mission. Have you been able to interprete the cut off words? I wonder what the "hollywood" treatment of the film will do? I love watching action movies from Korea. I did notice that there were two different versions of Volcano High, besides it being dubbed in English by rappers. I watched the "hollywood" version of Volcano High in Korean with English subs, and there more action sequences and the story flowed compared with the Korean version. I liked the story of the hollywood version because it made more sense.

nuts... we have to wait until July <_<

Guest jhing

Lot - I've been going nuts coz of the cut off words from the subs. I haven't any luck interpreting the words either. :lol: I tried to work out how to make the screen bigger and hoped that the subs would come out properly but I've had no success. Oh not to worry though, am sure another trailer will come out soon with subs that we'll be able to view completely. :lol:

Ohh, there's a "hollywood" version to Volcano High? hmmmm...I didn't know about that. I quite enjoyed the Korean version because of it's beautiful black n white background and out of this world scenario. Of course the fighting sequences were just as superb. Minah looked so young in the film and so beautiful, as always.

This new movie of hers is going to be big. The trailer alone is so well done and looks entertaining. Am sure Minah had heaps of fun shooting this movie. I really am dying to see it.

jina_bing_bang - I agree that Minah is lucky to have worked with two gorgeous looking guys. But I must say that the two guys are lucky too because they worked with someone as beautiful and talented as Shin Minah. :D Am sure the 3 stars had a ball during filming.

Guest hamonrye

this is good! I loved her in volcano high. I really think she is suited to action movies. :D

Have they finished shooting this?

Guest lot_lot

Here's an article that Rubie shared with us over on SMA's thread. Thank you, Rubie! I'm so excited that lots of Asian countries will be showing My Mighty Princess in the theaters (I think that's what the article is saying.) I hope for box office gold for this movie. Aja, aja....

hey jhing, I think you will have to change the thread title to My Mighty Princess ;)

March 5, 2007

'Princess' graces Asia in summer

Film has racked up presales across region

By DARCY PAQUET

SEOUL -- "My Mighty Princess," the latest action-comedy from South Korean director Kwak Jae-yong ("My Sassy Girl"), will be released across Asia in July.

Pic, about a young woman who tries to turn her back on her martial arts talents, already has racked up presales across the region, including to Amuse Entertainment for Japan, M Pictures for Thailand, Encore Films for Singapore/Malaysia/Indonesia, BHD for Vietnam and Beijing KAB Film & Culture Media for China/Hong Kong/Taiwan/Macao.

It will unspool in South Korea two weeks before it preems across Asia.

Starring Shin Mina ("A Bittersweet Life") and On Ju-wan ("The Peter Pan Formula"), pic looks to inject life into a summer release schedule that many Korean industryites see as weak, particularly given this year's large number of Hollywood tentpoles.

Kwak is already shooting his next feature, "My Girlfriend Is a Cyborg," an $8.5 million Japanese-language sci-fi comedy financed and produced by Amuse.

Japanese actress Haruka Ayase ("Samurai Commando Mission 1549") stars as a cyborg who arrives from the future and hooks up with a lily-livered boyfriend.

With shooting expected to wrap in April, a joint Korean/Japanese release is being planned for the end of the year.

Helmer's "My Sassy Girl" is being remade by Yann Samuell at Gold Circle Films, with Elisha Cuthbert and Jesse Bradford in the lead roles.

Source: Variety.com

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111796053...yid=13&cs=1

ps: I'm wondering if there's an official poster for this movie yet?

Guest jhing

Hi Lot! Thanks for bringing the article over here and to Rubie for sharing!

So I guess it's official, huh? Fighting Schoolgirl is out. My Mighty Princess is in. :lol: Don't worry, I already pmed one of the moderators. :D

Guest jhing

Any updates on this movie? :lol: I can't believe we still have to wait till August to see it. Oh wait, Korea will see it this August. Poor us, those people outside Korea. We might not get to watch it till the end of the year. I hope it comes out on dvd right away. :lol:

Guest jhing

You're very welcome, szne. I'd love to make more caps so am hoping they'll be releasing another trailer soon. :D

incarnadine - am so very excited for this movie. It's definitely THEE most anticipated movie for me. :lol:

Archived