Popping Jaw

nana.yahxd

>0<
I dunno if this was posted before but if it was sorry!~ i couldn't find it

but yeah i have this problem were my jaw likes moves out of place

like when im chewing it moves out of place so i have to kinda move my jaw to fix it

and i can't open my mouth straigh like i have to turn it to the right or left and then it goes down

all the way

>__<;

i dunno what happend one just im just chewing on candy and pop goes my jaw

after that it hurts when its locked

and when it pops

like i move it to the side and i can hear the bones

its really irrating

and i dunno what to do

my mom said that if i leave it like this i might deform my lower jaw area

T___T;;

anyone have this problem and might now how to fix it

should i go to the docter?

eww T___T;;;

Guest heartkiller

i used to have that problem but now its went away i say give it time because i know it aint my wisdom teeth i havent had them yet

Guest omintakamuiahno

I have the same popping, but I've had it for as long as I can remember. I don't think it is anything serious though. I've never talked to my doc about it, so if you talk to yours, let me know how that goes.

Guest Tranberry

Yeah that happens to me occasionally too and I don't like it. :( But I know it's not my wisdom teeth because they haven't grown in yet. I don't know what it is, but it only happens sometimes.

this has been going on for like 2 years already for me

my dentist said i have wisdom teeth

and wants me to pull them out

before they start pushing my other teeth outwards

T__T;;

my friend got hers pulled

it hurt so bad she couldn't talk

for like a week

but im soo sick of the popping i can't eat right

Guest xsusanz

it's called TMJ

Sometimes, the jaw pops due to stress. Try to take a warm towel and soak it in hot water (like super hott....) and place it on your jaw. Take turns doing it to both sides, several times, for maybe about 10-15 minutes a day. It will probably help.

Also, mine went away after braces...(:

Guest Converse

OMG, I have the same problem and it's been around for like..3 years.

I talked to my doctor about it when I just got it and he was like oh take advil..-_- Which didn't help at all.

Good luck.

:]

If your doctor said you have wisdom teeth, then you gotta get them pulled. Would you rather deal with a week of looking like a chipmunk but still have all your teeth straight (assuming you have straight teeth) or go through 2-3 years of wearing braces to realign all the teeth that have been pushed away by the wisdom ones? :) Make a wise choice.

it's called TMJ

Sometimes, the jaw pops due to stress. Try to take a warm towel and soak it in hot water (like super hott....) and place it on your jaw. Take turns doing it to both sides, several times, for maybe about 10-15 minutes a day. It will probably help.

Also, mine went away after braces...(:

T___T:;

it is TMJ

I just looked it up

thanks for telling me what it is

T__T

no wonder i've been getting soo many headaches

its one of the symtomys..

man

wisdom teeth..anyone know the process of getting them out?

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

^well it depends if your teeth are compacted.

compacted meaning still inside your gums and growing sideways.

or was it simply growing sideways against your teeth?

if that is the case the dentist will make an incision where your wisdom teeth are, i believe take a drill and break the wisdom tooth into pieces, and pull them out, and sew up your cut.

if they are perfectly grown out (like my brothers were...lucky punk)

its just like pulling out any other teeth.

you know they prescribe you painkillers and things like that.

and some ppl feel better within a wkend.

most ppl i kno who got their wisdom teeth pulled were still able to talk...and didnt have extreme swollen cheeks

i think you'll be fine.

Guest sushiwhore

you have TMJ

i've had it all my life but its never brought me pain...

Temporomandibular joint (TMJ) syndrome or TMJ joint disorders are medical problems related to the jaw joint. The TMJ connects the lower jaw to the skull (temporal bone) under your ear. Certain facial muscles control chewing. Problems in this area can cause head and neck pain, a jaw that is locked in position or difficult to open, problems biting, and popping sounds when you bite.

The TMJ is comprised of muscles, blood supplies, nerves, and bones. You have 2 TMJs, one on each side of your jaw.

Muscles involved in chewing (mastication) also open and close the mouth. The jawbone itself, controlled by the TMJ, has 2 movements: rotation or hinge action, which is opening and closing of the mouth, and gliding action, a movement that allows the mouth to open wider. The coordination of this action also allows you to talk, chew, and yawn.

* If you place your fingers just in front of your ears and open your mouth, you can feel the joint and its movement. When you open your mouth, the rounded ends of the lower jaw (condyles) glide along the joint socket of the temporal bone. The condyles slide back to their original position when you close your mouth. To keep this motion smooth, a soft disc lies between the condyle and the temporal bone. This disc absorbs shock to the temporomandibular joint from chewing and other movements. Chewing creates a strong force. This disc distributes the forces of chewing throughout the joint space.

Guest Atmosphere.

Yeah it's always cause of the wisdom teeth.

You have to pull them out, I'm sorry to hear that.

Pulling out your wisdom teeth is pain in the richard simmons.

It hurts like hell for like a week.

Cause it's constantly bleeding and it hurts a lot.

My dad got his 4 wisdom teeth pullen out.

He couldn't talk for 2 weeks, cause it was so painful...

I'm so scared of that upcoming pulling out of the wisdom teeth.

that happens to me as well!

its soooo anoying!

and mine also makes this weird noise [kinda like when u crap ur knuckles]

when i chew on anything thats hard

Guest sassy-grl

I have that. It never bothered me though, except for the sound of teh popping.

It's like cracking your jaw everytime you eat or yawn. lol.

But really, it's normal. You just have to get used to it I guess?

oh yes, iv had this...its quite painful, no!? anyway....try nd massage the sides of ur jaw with ur fingers...place ur fingers at the top of your jaw, apply some pressure nd run them downwards....its meant to relieve the stress a little....it worked, kind for me..

Archived