Singing Tips & Recording Questions

JohnnyMoon

Guest YELL;OH

my mic sucks and i get a lot of static with my recording... is there a program where i can reduce the static somehow?

Guest sikkony

my mic sucks and i get a lot of static with my recording... is there a program where i can reduce the static somehow?

Buy a new mic! There are programs, but its bad to do such filtering.

Guest juki_love

like sikkony said and also...

the static might also be coming from crosstalk between your cables! :sweatingbullets: that's probably too technical -__-"

that's basically saying that some of your cables are interfering with each other.

so if it is because of that, you have to identify which cables are doing the interfering.

once you've done that, make it so that the cables aren't touching each other and see if it makes a difference there!

or you could unplug whichever one you don't need... :lol: you probably do need it -__-"

either way, the static will always be there, it's just about whether you want to reduce the effects of it or not.

i hope that helped~

networking is g.ay ><

Guest photodaisy

Hm, I know this question has been asked before but I've totally forgotten the answer.

Anyhoo, what's the brand/name of Sou-hime's mic?

It's the really good-quality one that's $20 or so...correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone could help, that'd be awesome.

I'm using a head mic right now and it's not very good for singing (of course). >o<;;

Thanks in advanced.

Guest bluepuppy0619

while your singing and you notice you go flat how do you not um.. go flat?

lol.

how do you avoid singing flat??

Guest yoori

thanks so much! i wasn't sure if that was vibratto or not

i have another question...

when i sing i feel like my throat is clogged and i can't really project my voice

when i try to sing louder my voice sounds so different and just BAD

i want to build a strong voice but when i sing loud i sound like im shouting

so i always sing quietly...when i sing i wish my voice would just "pop" i guess?

thats the only way i can explain it lol but yeah i get so fustrated!

Guest lshluvr

while your singing and you notice you go flat how do you not um.. go flat?

lol.

how do you avoid singing flat??

Practice? Or...you can have the note in your head before you sing it...that helps me a lot.

Guest Annyon

Hey all, I have a question... =/

How do you hold long notes for a long time without losing vocal powers?

I'm fine with holding my breath for long notes, but I just can't seem to hold it with power cause then I go unsteady. Bascially, if you've heard me sing, whenever I hold long notes my voice sounds like I'm holding in too much power. I can't seem to steadily project out my vocals. >_<;

However it changes when I'm adding in a vibrato. But for songs that don't require vibratos at the end of a long note, I just can't seem to do it. XD

And I also have a problem with shifting pitches. I can't really explain this issue, but basically whenever I switch from one note to a higher one, I usually do "steps"... Like I shift from one level to the next level of note, instead of just shifting to the note..... Darn, I don't know how to explain this. I'll try and record an example for a better understanding. xDDD

Any tips? Thanks!

- Annyon

Guest YELL;OH

Buy a new mic! There are programs, but its bad to do such filtering.

like sikkony said and also...

the static might also be coming from crosstalk between your cables! :sweatingbullets: that's probably too technical -__-"

that's basically saying that some of your cables are interfering with each other.

so if it is because of that, you have to identify which cables are doing the interfering.

once you've done that, make it so that the cables aren't touching each other and see if it makes a difference there!

or you could unplug whichever one you don't need... :lol: you probably do need it -__-"

either way, the static will always be there, it's just about whether you want to reduce the effects of it or not.

i hope that helped~

networking is g.ay ><

i took your advice & got myself a new mic ^^ the recording quality is like a million times better now, thanks for the suggestion! x)

Guest sikkony

i took your advice & got myself a new mic ^^ the recording quality is like a million times better now, thanks for the suggestion! x)

Sounded like you might of had cable issues with the old mic. I didn't say much, so lets just thank juki girl. :)

Guest predator

I HAVE A QUESTION.

Okay, so..

When you're using Audicity, how do you change the file into an MP3 file?

so you can upload it onto soundclick?

PLEASE HELP! XD

Guest L0ve_GirL

thanks so much! i wasn't sure if that was vibratto or not

i have another question...

when i sing i feel like my throat is clogged and i can't really project my voice

when i try to sing louder my voice sounds so different and just BAD

i want to build a strong voice but when i sing loud i sound like im shouting

so i always sing quietly...when i sing i wish my voice would just "pop" i guess?

thats the only way i can explain it lol but yeah i get so fustrated!

I think you should keep singing with that bad voice. It's only like that because you aren't accustomed to it and hasn't opened up yet. Try doing scales at a relatively loud voice, and if your voice screws up, keep singing it until it's decent, then do the scale again. I hope that helps! :]

Guest delici0usbh

heh.. hi, um i read through like 30 pages of this thread and some of my questions were answered and some were like unclear to me so i hope you don't mind me asking some questions that might have been asked...

ok so um...

when i sing i can't go high... like i can but it'll strain my throat or come out really weirdly. so i was wondering how could i get myself to sing at a higher tone? i tried doing scales but i think i'm doing that wrong too >.<

also does it matter which way u breath through? like through the nose or through the mouth? cus ppl have told me both and i dunno which ones right..

when i sing i usually put stregthen into my stomach but am i suppose to do that?

i can sing really loud but i'm not sure if i'm just shouting lol. i dunno... i can sing loudly but it doesn't sound great.. >.>''

can someone help me?! lol.. =/

Guest ultaeja

I have a question, how do u stop sounding like a kid? Like I mean, I can hit pitches pretty well, but overall the sound of my voice sounds like a kid -___-? Can someone give me tips? THANKS ^^;;

Guest cindy-yang

I have a question, how do u stop sounding like a kid? Like I mean, I can hit pitches pretty well, but overall the sound of my voice sounds like a kid -___-? Can someone give me tips? THANKS ^^;;

i have that too, or use to. But i dont know if there is a thing as middle voice but im guessing that was my middle voice

i started to sing with my chest voice and i think thats been helping me not sound like a kid anymore. like if you listened to the first song recorded on my soundclick it sounds like a kid, then the newer one doesnt cause i was using my chest voice. have no idea if this works but i did for me

sorry i STINK at explaining

does anyone know how to get a powerful voice when singing for the high notes?

i can only sing an oactive x_x (or i might have a falsetto)so i need to make my voice have a bigger range but when i sing the high notes it not powerful at all and sounds not that great to me x_x

shinhwa_sarang

i have the same problem as you. i cant reach high note. or i can but i dont know lol

but just sing a song that is a little bit higher then what you can sing. as for the breathing i do both so i dont know x_x sorry.

Guest s0y0un*

i knoe this may sound like a stupid question

becuz im a newbie at this but

i wanna record myself singing with the audio

so wut program do i download to do that??

is it like audictiy?? lol plz help

Guest ix3DC

TELL ME ALL YOU KNOW ABOUT BREATHING PROPERLY!

I am going absolutely insane trying to fix my breathing.

I understand how to inhale, but I'm having trouble exhaling.

I researched online like crazy, and in general I have learned...

- use your abdominal muscles to support your breath

- let the air out slowly using your diaphragm

- chest / diaphragm should not collapse when exhaling

My brain is going to explode trying to figure this out. I practice like 329874923874 hours a week, and I can't get it. I got ONCE. Breathing/singing felt sooo comfortable and I was totally relaxed. I could sing high notes and could hold them long. I could never do it again. :(

I need very VERY specific instructions (i.e. what sensations I should feel in my abs, stomach, throat, mouth, etc)

Please please PLEASE help me!!

Guest AMIbunny

ugh Audacity hates me. -__- i WANT A NEW PROGRAM!! Lol

What else do you guys use that is FREE?? :]

Guest ix3DC

i have that too, or use to. But i dont know if there is a thing as middle voice but im guessing that was my middle voice

i started to sing with my chest voice and i think thats been helping me not sound like a kid anymore. like if you listened to the first song recorded on my soundclick it sounds like a kid, then the newer one doesnt cause i was using my chest voice. have no idea if this works but i did for me

sorry i STINK at explaining

does anyone know how to get a powerful voice when singing for the high notes?

i can only sing an oactive x_x (or i might have a falsetto)so i need to make my voice have a bigger range but when i sing the high notes it not powerful at all and sounds not that great to me x_x

shinhwa_sarang

i have the same problem as you. i cant reach high note. or i can but i dont know lol

but just sing a song that is a little bit higher then what you can sing. as for the breathing i do both so i dont know x_x sorry.

To stop "sounding like a kid," it helps to drop your jaw when you sing. Your jaw has to be very relaxed. Sounding like a kid might be because you're only using your head voice. When you sing, check if you mouth feels "full" when singing the vowels. That usually helps incorporate chest voice. You're really supposed to use a mixture of head voice and chest voice, which creates a deep rich sound~ this is the mixed/middle voice. If you only use head voice, your voice might sound thin and this may be what makes you sound like a kid.

When singing high notes, you're supposed to use less air (assuming you're controlling your air flow with your diaphragm). If you're singing them in head voice, be conscious of your chest voice as well. This is supposed to make the voice sound fuller. I'm not sure if this will really help the power of your voice though...

Don't worry, this information isn't from me, its from the many sources I found online (who's websites I would post if I saved them. . .)