NBA

Guest Chioster

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a Celtics fan, seeing Perkins go makes me really sad, to be honest.

same... I watched every single Boston game too, and I'm sad that Erden is going too... Luke could have improved a lot as well and Marquis was a really good defender ): wish they traded Wafer instead.

Von Wafer? Hm, I wouldn't have traded him I think. Lately his play has been improving more. As for Marquis... well it was possible that he needed surgery that would've put him out for the rest of the season actually, so I guess that's why Ainge traded him for cash.

Guest showgunz

knicks surprisingly waived corey brewer

hope orlando picks him up

we need some perimeter defense

and i can't believe charlotte traded gerald wallace

any team would love to have him..besides charlotte, apparently

http://www.worldstar...PVCJ49xR9k9b0WJ

Happened a few days ago, but still cannot stop dying while watching this video!

Chris Bosh...Boozer's reaction is so incredibly cute (watch him @ 0:05). Most players would complain/contest the call and get a tech.

Hahaha. I was watching this game and when this happened, I laughed so hard. I couldn't even be mad at Bosh. A damn good flop. He sold it alright.

ps. Kings, STAY IN SAC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bihXkM7NCrM

Bosh getting smacked in the face with the ball. LeBron was trying to feed it down low, but Bosh came over to set a screen. Hope these kind of communication issues get solved in time for the playoffs.

On another note, Magic came back from as much as 24 to pull out the victory in Miami.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest showgunz

i grew up watching jalen rose and the fab five

i loved him as a player and now, as an analyst

but he chose the wrong words to use in that fab five doc

duke usually recruits guys who have strong family backgrounds and little baggage, regardless of race

there's nothing wrong with that

and with jalen not fitting into that, i understand his point when he said he hated duke

but referring to blacks who went to duke as "uncle toms" was just ignorant

i know what he meant to say

that duke wasn't willing to take a chance on kids that grew up around bad neighborhoods

but the term "uncle tom" might be the most insulting thing you can call someone who is black

i'm only part black, and even i had a "wtf?" reaction

jalen had every right & reason to feel the way he did when he was a teen

but damn..let's cut it out with these derogatory terms

and btw..kudos to grant hill for not only defending his background,

but also knowing what jalen really meant to say

---------------------

- derrick rose might be running away with the mvp

- bulls are a LEGIT title contender

- orlando made a mistake in trading gortat

- lebron made a mistake in not going to the bulls (lol)

- okc solidified their frontcourt with perk, which allowed ibaka to slide to his natural 4

- knicks are a trainwreck waiting to happen

- nets look more stable with d-will

- nuggets are better without melo

I watched the documentary too and thought it was pretty good. Jalen could have definitely worded that better. I forgot where I read it, but he touched on that subject later by saying that's how he would have expressed his feelings when he was younger, but still felt the same about the subject today.

I wasn't really sold on Rose and the Bulls, but they're pretty solid and have one of the best defenses. Rose has just been taking over games against some of the top teams. Huge match-up nightmare for any opposing point guard.

The Perkins trade to me kind of opened the door a little to the rest of the contenders in the East. Granted if Shaq and Jermaine are healthy, still kind of iffy and up in the air.

If the Knicks end up playing like Miami or Chicago, should be interesting with the match-ups. Definitely going to be interesting what they become in the future, if Chris Paul lands there or who their plan B is.

Guest showgunz

one thing to remember about the bulls is that noah and boozer have been injured at separate times

so those two getting accustomed to playing with one another will make them even better

- rudy gay out for the year

- tim duncan out indefinitely

The Celtics defense definitely took a hit with the Perkins trade.

But once Jeff Green, Nenad Krstic and the other new additions start absorbing Doc River's 'defensive culture', they should be a serious playoff contender.

Hopefully they have enough time to build some chemistry and get past the young explosive teams like Chicago and Miami.

Guest zoogs

damn lakers game was crazy! ron ron actually got boosties and dunked! He never dunks! haha

I think that the was first time I've ever seen him dunk let alone finish a fast break successfully lol. It was one of the more exciting games this year though.

Guest showgunz

since late december(?) the sixers have been pretty much around the .500 mark

so they're not sneaking up on anybody

everybody knows they're gonna be a tough out

and i'll say this..give jrue a couple more years, and he's gonna be elite

Guest showgunz

^ so has orlando...hahaha

the way the knicks are fading..sixers are probably locked into the six spot

the only team the knicks could beat right now is actually miami, i think

about the ucla teams..we can't forget about westbrook and collison, either

howland is an awesome recruiter

it's a shame the better ones leave after one year

not just at ucla, but everywhere

and i'm not sure, but, the ware twins transferred from unc

was it to ucla?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest lifesaver

^ yup they dropped, alright. They had so much potential but they made bad trades and signed the wrong people.

I'm more excited for the playoffs this year than I was last year... I'd like to see a Chicago-OKC finals match-up.

Archived