NBA

Guest Chioster

My thoughts exactly:

http://twitter.com/#!/CP3/status/144962250854248448

Read the updated Chris Paul news after a long nap, trying to get back on a normal sleeping schedule. Now I'm even more awake.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest something-like

I know its early but I believe the Clippers are going to be in the top 5 in the west.

Obviously lol..CP3, Billups, Blake, and all day lobs to DJ? Not even fair. Dallas probably won't be in there anymore, yes it's really early to write them off like that but lets face it...no Chandler, who was the anchor in their defense, no JJ Barea, who can shoot and penentrate well, and now no caron butler, who's teamed with the new super team of the NBA, the clippers. Unless VC cares enough to compete and Odom plays as well as he did with the Lakers, then it'll be a different story. But I don't think their defense will be as good, especially with VC in the starting lineup, and an extremely less reliable center than Chandler was.

^ Agree about all the key losses for Dallas, especially Chandler. Deshawn Stevenson will be missed too. Sad to see how Dallas kind of just let them all walk. Almost looks as if the Mavs are complacent with winning just a title.

Some good players acquired though to try to fill their roles in Carter, Odom, and Delonte West, but comparing the players Dallas gained to the ones they lost, think a lot of intangibles more than anything were lost. The toughness, leadership, and aggressiveness will all sorely be missed.

On another note, pretty crazy, jam-packed schedule of 5 games yesterday to kick off the Christmas opener.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xsilentangel

Damn, I can't even guess the top seed of the western conference still. Too many changes..

Wow the Pacers are such a solid team... one of the deepest teams in the NBA.

Finally thought the Celtics were going to go above .500 mark.. Pierce had a rough, rough night. Good to see him back though.

Guest xsilentangel

ugh celtics are so disappointing. to be honest, i am not worried about them (well, at this point). i know they are capable of winning another championship and of doing well this season, but they just look so lazy out there that my doubts are getting to me. i am not merely referring to the starters, but the bench and ESPECIALLY the bench. hey, 4/5 of our starters are 33+ so i understand if they get tired during the games, but it's the bench. they have to make up for it... daniels, moore, bradley, and crew.. i don't see any of them. i know pierce is struggling since he hasn't practice prior to the season with his bruised ankle, and that the other starters are doing well here and there (ray with amazing percentages, KG racking up the points, rondo being rondo (enough said)), but WHERE IS THIS BENCH?! no presence at all in the games, besides some brandon bass.

ok i just had to get that out of my system

Guest nsterling

I hope this season, Chicago bulls can make it to the finals and finally take home the cup/trophy. I really think they deserve to win because all of their players are really good specially Rose.

Guest something-like

ugh celtics are so disappointing. to be honest, i am not worried about them (well, at this point). i know they are capable of winning another championship and of doing well this season, but they just look so lazy out there that my doubts are getting to me. i am not merely referring to the starters, but the bench and ESPECIALLY the bench. hey, 4/5 of our starters are 33+ so i understand if they get tired during the games, but it's the bench. they have to make up for it... daniels, moore, bradley, and crew.. i don't see any of them. i know pierce is struggling since he hasn't practice prior to the season with his bruised ankle, and that the other starters are doing well here and there (ray with amazing percentages, KG racking up the points, rondo being rondo (enough said)), but WHERE IS THIS BENCH?! no presence at all in the games, besides some brandon bass.

ok i just had to get that out of my system

i can relate lol...lakers bench is awful. It's like the celtics and lakers have the worst benches. Kinda funny since they won the last 3 of the 4 championships in the last 4 years. Their bench just disappeared. Here's what LAL's bench is like:

Darius Morris (rookie) - Never knows what he's doing with the ball, often just dribbles around the court

Jason Kapono - Can't get his own shot off, needs literally a wide open opportunity

MWP (Ron artest) - i don't even need to explain

Andrew Goudelock (Other rookie) - Basically like darius morris. Rookies being rookies. Doesn't play very smart..but can you blame them..heh

Troy Murphy - probably their best bench player...which is definitely not a good thing. But other than a bit of rebounding and occassional shooting, he's not really a presence. And not aggressive at all

Luke Walton - i dont need to really explain the deal with this guy either do i loll

Josh Mcroberts - i guess he's decent. But he gets into foul trouble easily and needs to be setup to score. A la kobe with the dimes most of the time

Devin Ebanks - hasn't really done anything.

^ all of these guys are not scorers. Occasionally MWP will knock a shot or two, Josh Mcroberts hussles, and Troy murphy will pull a few rebounds but none of these guys can score on their own. All the pressure on an aging kobe to score...every laker fan doesn't wish for this, but kobe's gotta be back into 2006-2007 mode...scoring 30+ to keep the team safe. sigh

Guest xsilentangel

^ hahaha ron artest.. i still can't refer to him as metta world peace..

LOL... the luke walton description. lakers are doing great at home.. just struggling on the road. more collected than the celtics, who are currently rondo-less :(.. i hate how people keep pinpointing age as the reason why we are sucking. i think the starters are doing absolutely fine, besides missing some shots that normally go down. like i said, the bench sucks

let me do an analysis of the celtics bench..

brandon bass - solid guy that can score and play some good D. only guy in the interior too. ONLY guy that actually attempts to get rebounds (we are near the bottom in rebounds... so this guy is keeping us from being last)

avery bradley - this guy has to fill rondo's shoes. as we all know, nobody can replace rondo. he's not a good pg but i see the effort and have hope in his development

marquis daniels - why did we resign him? i used to think his D was decent but it is not even mediocre now! it's worst than that. he's inconsistent and needs to know where he stands on this team. we need some good minutes out of him, dearly.

keyon dooling - seems promising but i'm not set on this thought. i think with more playing time, he will adjust more. we've gotten some nice jump shots from him but i want to see more effort from him. less TO too please.

e'twaun moore - fresh out of purdue, and it shows he lacks NBA experience. he's struggling right now. i can't help but hate how he is playing. looks lazy and plays lazy.

sasha pavlovic - gotten some great blocks, but does not deliver offensively. and please, stay healthy man -_-

mickael pietrus - love this guy! always wanted him on the celtics! we'll need his 3's and great D throughout the season!

greg stiemsma - great effort. needs more minutes

chris wilcox - this guy pisses me off a lot. inconsistent...

overall.. they need to attack the basket. all settle for jump shots or 3's. cmon bench, be aggressive!

anyways, my love ray allen just left the floor in the game.. i'm very worried. we need him :(.. to be honest, better to be out now than later but we need wins..

Guest something-like

So goudelock had a very good game for the lakers last night vs the clippers...definitely unexpected. Perfect 4-4 from the FG and 2-2 from 3 until the 3rd quarter! He needs to keep this up so we dont have to play darius morris, that kid is soooo bad...

Guest showgunz

orlando is hoping they can convince dwight to stay after the season...the fools

i love and appreciate everything he has given while he's been in orlando

but they gotta trade him before the deadline

cause he ain't gonna re-sign

they're not good enough to make any noise in the playoffs

they're not bad enough to get a high lottery pick

so trade him, and get some decent parts back in return

they're holding out for equal value..and that won't happen with a player of dwight's caliber

also...derrick rose is a beast

there was about a two-minute span in that miami game where he just kept contorting his body around defenders,

and put the perfect ballspin off the glass...ridiculous

Guest kimbomynizzo

^Chris Paul tweeted : WoW!!! Just saw @blakegriffin dunk from 2nite...WHAT IN THE WORLD!!! Something is wrong with that guy...#GladHeIsOnMyTeam"

Chris cant be anymore right, Blake is inhuman lol. Clippers and Bulls in Finals!

i can relate lol...lakers bench is awful. It's like the celtics and lakers have the worst benches. Kinda funny since they won the last 3 of the 4 championships in the last 4 years. Their bench just disappeared. Here's what LAL's bench is like:

Darius Morris (rookie) - Never knows what he's doing with the ball, often just dribbles around the court

Jason Kapono - Can't get his own shot off, needs literally a wide open opportunity

MWP (Ron artest) - i don't even need to explain

Andrew Goudelock (Other rookie) - Basically like darius morris. Rookies being rookies. Doesn't play very smart..but can you blame them..heh

Troy Murphy - probably their best bench player...which is definitely not a good thing. But other than a bit of rebounding and occassional shooting, he's not really a presence. And not aggressive at all

Luke Walton - i dont need to really explain the deal with this guy either do i loll

Josh Mcroberts - i guess he's decent. But he gets into foul trouble easily and needs to be setup to score. A la kobe with the dimes most of the time

Devin Ebanks - hasn't really done anything.

^ all of these guys are not scorers. Occasionally MWP will knock a shot or two, Josh Mcroberts hussles, and Troy murphy will pull a few rebounds but none of these guys can score on their own. All the pressure on an aging kobe to score...every laker fan doesn't wish for this, but kobe's gotta be back into 2006-2007 mode...scoring 30+ to keep the team safe. sigh

Metta is legit.

Have you seen him against the Clippers at home when they won?

Beat his chest like a gorilla.

That alone is a number 1 spot on Top Plays on SportsCenter.

Guest love.peace.happiness.

can we make a thread just for Jeremy Lin?? i can't believe it has taken his coach and everyone in the NBA this long to notice him..he has been a great player since high school and when he was at Harvard yet no one gave him a chance in the NBA even though his stats were amazing..i mean i don't want to make it a racial thing but people in the NBA pass him over because they think he probably can't play well against the other players, by that i mean African American players..even though his stats and his winning games prove other wise..i was re-watching his game with the Nets and one of the commentators said something along the line like where did he come from..i mean he's always been there and a great player but no one gave him a chance..i hope his coach and everyone in the NBA realized how good he is and will give him more playing time..it's stupid for people to take his long to realized his talents and skills...i hope his Warrior coach sees his games and kick himself in the a** for trading him..he could of helped you win a game or two..the Lord blessed him with amazing talents and it is his moment to shine and show the world that Asian got skills too..plus he was really cute when he was grinning and sticking his blue tongue out..man i wish i knew how to make gifs..i will definitly watch tomorrow night's game against the Lakers..the Lakers are such dirty players and arrogant too..but i know JLin will bring it...lets go baby!!!

can we make a thread just for Jeremy Lin?? i can't believe it has taken his coach and everyone in the NBA this long to notice him..he has been a great player since high school and when he was at Harvard yet no one gave him a chance in the NBA even though his stats were amazing..i mean i don't want to make it a racial thing but people in the NBA pass him over because they think he probably can't play well against the other players, by that i mean African American players..even though his stats and his winning games prove other wise..i was re-watching his game with the Nets and one of the commentators said something along the line like where did he come from..i mean he's always been there and a great player but no one gave him a chance..i hope his coach and everyone in the NBA realized how good he is and will give him more playing time..it's stupid for people to take his long to realized his talents and skills...i hope his Warrior coach sees his games and kick himself in the a** for trading him..he could of helped you win a game or two..the Lord blessed him with amazing talents and it is his moment to shine and show the world that Asian got skills too..plus he was really cute when he was grinning and sticking his blue tongue out..man i wish i knew how to make gifs..i will definitly watch tomorrow night's game against the Lakers..the Lakers are such dirty players and arrogant too..but i know JLin will bring it...lets go baby!!!

MAKE ITTTT. I GOT LINSANITYYY. came to this thread to ask to make a jeremy lin thread lol. I'm like looking at all his interviews and everything. makes me want to hoop again. WHAT WAS HIS TEAM SEEING IN PRACTICE?!?!? I think he really fits in with the team though... just need chandler+novac and lin facilitating.

Archived