NBA

Guest Chioster

Guest StarFox420

Jeremy is setting the league on fire. The Knicks could be the best team in the eastern conference, and who knows, perhaps best in the league if this continues. (Especially once they get Carmelo and Amar'e back) Here's a nice highlight video of his career so far.....

With all that said, woe is my team the Charlotte Bobcats. :tears:

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeremy is setting the league on fire. The Knicks could be the best team in the eastern conference, and who knows, perhaps best in the league if this continues. (Especially once they get Carmelo and Amar'e back) Here's a nice highlight video of his career so far.....

I'm kind of dreading Melo's return. While he's a good player.. he's a ball hog. I'm not very optimistic he'll sync well with Jeremy and the rest of the team.. I think Stoudemire would work better.. but lets see what actually happens first.

So far I think Novak, Chandler, and Lin make a good trio.. Shumpert is also pretty decent in that last game with the Lakers too, beyond the bad passes at the later half.

Guest rintintintin

Hi guys, I'm a new Jeremy Lin fan already, I don't know his name but when I saw his skills against Lakers, Gosh, he's the yellow mamba of their team. :) Everyone praises him very much. :) And he can beat Derrick Rose on that don't you? :P

Guest something-like

Hi guys, I'm a new Jeremy Lin fan already, I don't know his name but when I saw his skills against Lakers, Gosh, he's the yellow mamba of their team. :) Everyone praises him very much. :) And he can beat Derrick Rose on that don't you? :P

i dont think hes on rose's level yet... at least on an individual aspect...as far as team-basketball, he's probably better than rose at that

Guest love.peace.happiness.

i really do want to make a thread for J. Lin, but how do you create a new thread? LOL..his game is just getting better and better with each game he plays..he was getting pretty tired by the second half of the game against Minnesota, but that's ok because the Knicks won anyways..keep going strong!!

Guest StarFox420

I'm kind of dreading Melo's return. While he's a good player.. he's a ball hog. I'm not very optimistic he'll sync well with Jeremy and the rest of the team.. I think Stoudemire would work better.. but lets see what actually happens first.

Melo for the first time in his career will have to learn how to play team ball. :D The Knicks haven't lost yet since Lin entered the line-up. If Melo comes back and returns to his habits of keeping the ball to himself, the team will begin to lose again. If they lose, he will receive all the blame, and I don't believe his willing to take on that kind of heat. Carmelo will play team ball because he have to.

Melo for the first time in his career will have to learn how to play team ball. :D The Knicks haven't lost yet since Lin entered the line-up. If Melo comes back and returns to his habits of keeping the ball to himself, the team will begin to lose again. If they lose, he will receive all the blame, and I don't believe his willing to take on that kind of heat. Carmelo will play team ball because he have to.

suddenly this reminded me of Ron Artest's press conference in 2010 after the Lakers won the Final

"Kobe passed me the ball! He never passes me the ball!"

:lol:

speaking of him.. his latest comments about Jeremy lin:

Jeremy Lin has impressed the basketball world with his play of late. Metta World Peace (formerly Ron Artest) isn't quite feeling Lin's sense of fashion, though.

World Peace offered up some advice in that department, however, with one simple message standing above the rest: "Get some swag."

"Do we talk about him? Yeah, we talk about him. We think he needs a better haircut," Artest reportedly said when asked if the Lakers have talked about the Knicks' newest star. "I don't like that style. You're in New York, the fashion capital. Change your haircut, OK? You're a star now. Wear some shades. Shades, OK? Put down the nerdy Harvard book glasses. Put on some black shades, OK? With some leather pants. Change your style. Fashion."

It's understandable if Lin hasn't had too much time to focus on his sense of style, as the Harvard product is in the midst of taking the NBA by storm, recording more than 20 points in his first five starts.

And it's one thing to give a new superstar some fashion advice, but leather pants? Leather pants, Metta World Peace?

CBS Sports' Ken Berger reports that World Peace was asked if he wore leather pants, which the Lakers forward denied. World Peace did elaborate a bit more on his suggestions to Lin, though.

"No, I won't wear them, but he should wear leather pants. He's the type of guy who should wear leather pants, some nice shoes and change his fashion. You're Jeremy Lin, for godsakes," World Peace said, according to Berger. "You know what I'm saying? You know? Put down that law book, stop reading the New York Times and start reading the Daily News. Newsday, that's the one. I like that one because there's always color in that one. What else? Wall Street Journal. Get some swag.

"You're in New York City. Put your hat to the back, too. Put your hat on backwards. Come to practice with your pants sagging and just tell them, 'I don't feel like practicing.' Practice? You know? Practice? And wear an [Allen] Iverson jersey. You know? Come to practice with a cigar. Lit. 'I'm Jeremy Lin.' You know? He should change. We're all excited to play tonight. It's like the first time for everybody. Everybody's excited. Kobe's excited. He wants to get 50. He wants to welcome Jeremy Lin to his new level."

http://www.nesn.com/2012/02/metta-world-peace-gives-jeremy-lin-fashion-advice-tells-knicks-guard-to-get-some-swag.html

can we make a thread just for Jeremy Lin?? i can't believe it has taken his coach and everyone in the NBA this long to notice him..he has been a great player since high school and when he was at Harvard yet no one gave him a chance in the NBA even though his stats were amazing..i mean i don't want to make it a racial thing but people in the NBA pass him over because they think he probably can't play well against the other players, by that i mean African American players..even though his stats and his winning games prove other wise..i was re-watching his game with the Nets and one of the commentators said something along the line like where did he come from..i mean he's always been there and a great player but no one gave him a chance..i hope his coach and everyone in the NBA realized how good he is and will give him more playing time..it's stupid for people to take his long to realized his talents and skills...i hope his Warrior coach sees his games and kick himself in the a** for trading him..he could of helped you win a game or two

Kind of agree too. After high school, should have had more scholarship offers to bigger basketball programs. Sorta like the Steve Nash story, loosely. The whole stint with the Warriors didn't look good with their back-court already set, looked like he was signed more b/c he was a hometown favorite.

Haven't watched much basketball lately, but of the little I've been able to catch, it's refreshing to see players like Ricky Rubio and Jeremy Lin make a quick impact for their respective teams. Rubio, I thought really would end up as a bust by not initially coming to the NBA after being drafted and his poor performances overseas since, but instead has lived up to the hype. Lin, the expectations and opportunity were never really there, but never really expected this kind of recent stretch either.

Guest showgunz

- definitely a lin supporter, but he's nowhere near derrick rose....

- metta world peace is always good for soundbites

when lin hit the game-winner against toronto..he ran around the laker clubhouse, screaming "LINSANITY!!" hahahaha

- melo will be fine. i truly believe that.

Guest iAmTan_1

i dont think hes on rose's level yet... at least on an individual aspect...as far as team-basketball, he's probably better than rose at that

I wouldn't say that yet....The bulls win games with and without Rose.

Guest rintintintin

Hi everyone! It seems that they lost against New Orleans! sleep.gif But even they lost, still they will make it next time. Anyone has a Jeremy Lin's jersey now? I wanna that but my auntie who's in NY told me that it's so expensive argh! crazy.gif

• 4 weeks later...

selected trade news:

Dwight Howard stays in Orlando

LA Lakers get Sessions from Cleveland, sends Fisher to Houston Rockets. solves their PG issue. Cleveland gets Luke Walton. Lakers get Hill, could be good center back up for Bynum

Portland traded two, fired their coach, and got two back and some draft picks (sorry, not a portland fan, can't remember their exact trade details) :P

Wizards get Nene from Denver!

Bucks get Ellis from Golden state

Archived