Love quotes or sayings that took your breath away!

Guest catchthesky.

Two teenagers goin over 100 mph..

Girl: Slow down. I'm scared.

Guy: No, this is fun.

Girl: No, it's not. Please, it's too scary!

Guy: Then tell me you love me.

Girl: Fine, I love you. Slow down!

Guy: Now give me a BIG hug.

*Girl hugs him*

Guy: Can you take my helmet off & put it on yourself? It's bugging me.

(In the paper the next day):

A motorcycle crashed into a building because of break failure. Two people were on it, but only one survived. The truth was that halfway down the road, the guy realized that his breaks broke, but he didn't want to let the girl know. Instead, he had her say she loved him & felt her hug one last time, then had her wear his helmet so that she would live even though it meant that he would die

my brother showed me this from one of the AA pages...i bawled over it...so sad... :tears:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Achromatic

No matter how hard you try to get over someone, you'll always end up still having some sort of feeling left for them. Reminiscing the way things were and how everything is now. At times, you will hope that the new person in their life was still you and everything was still the way it used to be... despite all the bad things that have happened. Everybody thinks that time is supposed to make things better, but in love, it doesn’t. Although you guys have been apart for a while even if you guys don't talk much anymore and now have different loves in your life, you still can’t help but wonder if you're still remembered or thought of. And sometimes, you hope to know how their life is now, how things would’ve been if you two were still together, and when you catch them glancing at you, you wonder if their heart beats a little faster as yours does when you see them.

After a while, you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul, and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security. You begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises, and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child. You learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans and after a while, you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much. So, plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. You learn that you really can endure that you really are strong, and that you really do have worth.

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts. You'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, and no second chances. you just have to live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all; live in the moment because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back.

Guest Xiaoness

"If you stood infront of a mirror and help up 11 roses, you

would see 12 of the most beautiful things in the world"

my friend told it to me so i cant give credit to the original person

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RococoBaby

Girls are like apples on trees. The best ones are at the top of the tree. The boy dont want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples from the ground that arent as good, but easy. So the apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right guy to come along, the one whos brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.

and

all of the king's horses

and all of the king's men

couldn't pull my heart back together again

all of the physicians

and mathematicians too

failed to stop my heart from breaking in two.

'cause all i need is you.

i just need you.

only you've got the glue.

all I can do is give my heart to you.

<33333333333

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mangujowa

The hardest thing in life is to see the one you love fall in love with someone else .

that's what I'm feeling. >__>''

I ran up the door, closed the stairs, said my pajamas, and put on my prayers, turned off the bed, and hopped into the light all because you kissed me goodnight.

thats what happens to me when I talk to him. I'll never get a kiss though. >__>''

In Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk, "The person you love and the person who loves you is never the same person" or something like that is repeated a lot.

To me, its not the person who loves me, its the fact that the person I love's love is never me.

"A silent hug means a thousands words to the unhappy heart."

"Love is true when you think of him and you smile so big that people look at you and wonder who could possibly make you this happy."

"She gave me a beautiful idea that only my heart could describe."

"With my love, the only tears you'd cry would be tears of joy."

"For all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these: 'What might have been.'"

"Life lived with love is a life well lived."

"Just when I think that it is impossible to love you any more, you prove me wrong."

"He holds me when I start to cry.

Makes me smile with just his eyes.

Share my hopes, dreams & fears.

Wipes away all of my tears.

I love him without any regret.

I just haven't found him yet."

"My knight in shining armor turned out to be a loser in aluminum foil."

"I wish I could express to you how much you mean to me... but my tummy gets all fluttery and floppy, my brain gets fuzzy, my eyes glaze over, my heart skips a beat, and all I can do is drool."

Guest SHEEKxD

not sure if said here..x]

but

[[He handed her 12 rose, 11 real and 1 fake

he said ill love you until the last one dies...]]

my favorite phrase ever!!

does anyone have that quote from lovers in praha??

the one when the girl says something about the camera flash, and that it would blind,and like love..><

help..x]

No matter how hard you try to get over someone, you'll always end up still having some sort of feeling left for them. Reminiscing the way things were and how everything is now. At times, you will hope that the new person in their life was still you and everything was still the way it used to be... despite all the bad things that have happened. Everybody thinks that time is supposed to make things better, but in love, it doesn’t. Although you guys have been apart for a while even if you guys don't talk much anymore and now have different loves in your life, you still can’t help but wonder if you're still remembered or thought of. And sometimes, you hope to know how their life is now, how things would’ve been if you two were still together, and when you catch them glancing at you, you wonder if their heart beats a little faster as yours does when you see them.

After a while, you learn the subtle difference between holding a hand and chaining a soul, and you learn that love doesn't mean leaning and company doesn't mean security. You begin to learn that kisses aren't contracts and presents aren't promises, and you begin to accept your defeats with your head up and your eyes open, with the grace of an adult, not the grief of a child. You learn to build all your roads on today because tomorrow's ground is too uncertain for plans and after a while, you learn that even sunshine burns if you get too much. So, plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers. You learn that you really can endure that you really are strong, and that you really do have worth.

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts. You'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, and no second chances. you just have to live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someone's hand, comfort a friend, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all; live in the moment because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back.

Aww... I'm taking this :)

Guest kuruptionz

GOD is in everything, even in a kiss....

- Count of Monte Cristo

(mah bad, thanks for correcting me, i dont know what i was thinking....ahaha)

Guest kkamchikhae

GOD is in everything, even in a kiss....

- A Beautiful Mind

isnt that from count of monte cristo?

when monte cristo says " can i not escape God?" and mercedes says that quote?

"narrowing her sight

tightning her grip

refusal written on her face

she will not let go

no methods of persuasion

no forced intervention

nothing can loosen her grip

its what kept her moving

its what kept her going

barely hanging on for dear life

but finally she's learning

finally she's understanding

that the only way to freedom and relief

is to let go

just to let go

it's time to loosen the grip

that hold is not that important

that hold is not that great

it's time to give up the fight

don't go against destiny, God and fate

just let go"

-me

"Baby, you're sailing away

Sugar, wish I could go too

But honey you know

I'm happy for you

Wish I, I wish I, I wish I

Wish I was going too"

-jem

one of my fav:

Sometimes, in our relentless efforts to find the person we love we fail to recognize and appreciate the people who love us. We miss out on so many beautiful things and simply because we allow ourselves to be enslaved by our own selfish concerns. Go for the man of deeds and not for the man of words for you will find rewarding happiness not with the man you love but the man who loves you more.

The best lovers are those capable of loving from a distance far enough to allow the person to grow, but never too far to feel the love deep within your being. To let go of someone doesnt mean you have to stop loving, it only means that you allow that person to find his own happiness without expecting him to come back. Letting go is not just setting the other person free, but it is also setting yourself free from all bitterness, hatred, and anger that keep in your heart. Do not let the bitterness scare away your strength and weaken your faith, and never allow pain to dishearten you, but rather let yourself grow with wisdom in bearing it. You may find peace in just loving someone from a distance not expecting anything in return.

But be careful, for this can sustain life but can never give enough room for us to grow. We can all survive with just beautiful memories of the past but real peace and happiness come only with open acceptance of what reality is today. There comes a time in our lives when we chance upon someone so nice and beautiful and we just find ourselves getting so intensely attracted to that person. This feeling soon become a part of our everyday lives and eventually consumes our thoughts and actions. The sad part of it is when we begin to realize that this person feels nothing more for us than just a friendship. We start our desperate attempt to get noticed and be closer but in the end our efforts are still unrewarded and we end up being sorry for ourselves. You don't have to forget someone you love. What you need to learn is how to accept the verdict of reality without being bitter or sorry for yourself.

Believe me, you would be better off giving that dedication and love to someone more deserving. Don't let your heart run your life, be sensible and let your mind speak for itself. Listen not only to your feelings but to reason as well. Always remember that if you lose someone today, it means that someone better is coming tomorrow. If you lose love that doesn't mean that you failed in love. Cry if you have to, but make it sure that the tears wash away the hurt and the bitterness that the past has left with you. Let go of yesterday and love will find its way back to you. And when it does, pray that it may be the love that will stay and last a lifetime.

There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is though EVERYTHING IS A MIRACLE.

Albert Einstein

(1879-1955)

Got this from a fanfix ages ago. I don't remember which soompi member wrote this because it was before soompi crashed. So I can't credit this to anyone.

'The heart is like a puzzle, always breaking and always someone there putting the pieces back together. '

"They never tell you about the three rings in marriage: the engagement ring, the wedding ring, and the suffering".

LOL credit: that 70's show. <- this show freakin rocks.

Guest --Fallen--Star--

It's funny how only the person who ain't worth your tears will ever make u cry, but the person who is worth your tears will never make you cry.

-unknown

To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world.

-unknown

It takes a second to have a crush on somebody, a minute to like somebody, a day, to like somebody, but it takes a life time to forget somebody.

-unknown

It is better to have love and lost, then not to have ever loved at all.

-unknown

Love is like the water cycle because, like the rain, you never stop crying, but because of the sun you never stop smiling.

-CAME RIGHT OFF OF MY HEAD -_-

><

EDIT

Don't come running after love, 'cause love always ends up running after you

-me

Guest ant!bacterial

Don't find love, let love find you. That's why it's

called falling in love, because you don't force

yourself to fall, you just fall.

~ Unknown ~

Lucky is the man who is the first love of a woman,

but luckier is the woman who is the last love of a man.

~ Unknown ~

It takes a minute to have a crush on someone,

an hour to like someone, and an day to love someone...

but it takes a lifetime to forget someone.

~ Unknown ~

It breaks your heart to see the one you love is happy

with someone else, but it's more painful to know that

the one you love is unhappy with you.

~ Unknown ~

If love is the answer,

can you please repeat the question?

~ Unknown ~

Faith makes all things possible.

Love makes them easy.

~ Unknown

I believe that to truly Love, is the ultimate

expression of the will to live. A heart that

truly loves is forever young.

~ Unknown ~

Love makes life so confusing, but without love

would you really want to live?

~ Unknown ~

Do you love me because I am beautiful

or am I beautiful because I am loved?

~ Unknown ~

Love me now, love me never,

but if you love me, love me forever.

~ Unknown ~

Three things of life that are most valuable -

Love, self-confidence & friends.

~ Unknown ~

To the world you may be just one person,

but to one person you may be the world.

~ Unknown ~

Love is like heaven, but it can hurt like hell.

~ Unknown ~

Who do you turn to when the only person

in the world that can stop you from crying,

is exactly the one making you cry?

~ Unknown ~

He taught me how to love,

but not how to stop.

~ Unknown ~

Of all forms of caution, caution in love is the most fatal.

~ Unknown ~

We come to love not by finding a perfect person,

but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

~ Unknown ~

Many a young lady does not realize just how strong

her love for a young man is until he fails to pass

the approval test with her parents.

~ Unknown ~

Is it better for a woman to marry a man who loves her

than a man she loves.

~ Unknown ~

Give her two red roses, each with a note. The first note says 'For the woman I love' and the second, 'For my best friend.'

~ Unknown ~

A good marriage is like a casserole,

only those responsible for it really

know what goes in it.

~ Unknown ~

No one is perfect until you fall in love with them.

~ Unknown ~

Love, true love, is that which can give the most

without asking or demanding anything in return.

~ Mazie Hammond ~

Where there is love, there is God also.

~ Leo Tolstoy ~

All, everything that I understand,

I understand only because I love.

~ Leo Tolstoy ~

Love cures people -- both the ones who give it

and the ones who receive it.

~ Dr. Karl Ménage ~

One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life:

That word is love.

~ Sophocles ~

It is wrong to think that love comes from long companionship

and persevering courtship. Love is the offspring of spiritual

affinity and unless that affinity is created in a moment, it

will not be created for years or even generations.

~ Khalil Gibran ~

When they asked me what I loved most about life,

I smiled and said you.

~ Tina ~

Just because you know someone doesn't mean you love them,

and just because you don't know people doesn't mean you can't

love them. You can fall in love with a complete stranger in a

heartbeat, if God planned that route for you. So open your heart

to strangers more often. You never know when God will throw

that pass at you.

~ Heather Grove ~

Love... What is love? Love is to love someone

for who they are, who they were, and who they will be.

~ Chris Moore ~

Why do you say you love me,

if you are only going to leave me?

~ Julia ~

Love is like a river, always changing,

but always finding you again somewhere

down the road.

~ Kelly Elaine ~

Love is a language spoken by everyone,

but understood only by a heart.

~ Shirley Rindani ~

People need love even when they don't deserve it.

~ Nikki Ledbetter ~

For every word you say,

another piece of my heart you take.

~ Tiara Johnson ~

Maybe God put a few bad people in your life,

so when the right one came along you'd be thankful.

~ Andrea Kiefer ~

Love the heart that hurts you,

But never hurt the heart that loves you.

Love me for a reason,

let the reason be love.

It doesn't take a reason to love someone,

but it does to like someone. You don't love

someone because you want to, you love someone

because you are destined too. It's because you

fall in Love with them, that you then try to

find a reason, but you always come up with

the answer, No reason!

Love is the beginning of all the joy

which nature has store for us.

Never say goodbye when you still want to try.

Never give up when you still feel you can take it.

Never say you don't love a person when you can't let go.

~ Dons ~

Say I love you and mean it,

don't just say it cause you can.

Guest babygirl3376

"Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered, does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails."

- 1 Corinthians 13:4

The worst feeling you'll ever feel is sitting next to the person who means the world to you knowing that you mean nothing to them

- Unknown

Don't keep running back to the one person that you need to walk away from.

- Unknown

Never allow someone to be your priority while you're just their option

-Unknown

Maybe God wants us to meet a few wrong people before meeting the right one, so that when we finally meet that person, we will know how to be grateful

- Unknown

Sometimes people put up walls, not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.

- Bananna

"Wait for the boy who pursues you. The one who will make an ordinary moment seem magical; the kind of boy who brings out the best in you and makes you want to be a better person. Wait for the boy who will be your best friend; the person who will drop everything to be with you at any time of the day no matter what the circumstances. Wait for the boy who makes you smile like no other boy makes you smile, and when he smiles you know he needs you. Wait for the boy who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats and have no makeup on, but appreciates it when you get all dolled up for him. And most of all, wait for the boy who will put you at the center of his universe, because obviously he's at the center of yours."

- Unknown

"A girl and a guy can be just friends, but at one point or another they will fall for each other. Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe too late, or maybe forever..."

- Unknown

Let our scars fall in love.

--Galway Kinnell

"We're all seeking that special person who is right for us. But if you've been through enough relationships, you begin to suspect there's no right person, just different flavors of wrong. Why is this? Because you yourself are wrong in some way, and you seek out partners who are wrong in some complementary way. But it takes a lot of living to grow fully into your own wrongness. And it isn't until you finally run up against your deepest demons, your unsolvable problems--the ones that make you truly who you are--that we're ready to find a lifelong mate. Only then do you finally know what you're looking for. You're looking for the wrong person. But not just any wrong person: the right wrong person--someone you lovingly gaze upon and think, "This is the problem I want to have." -Andrew Boyd

"Our deepest desire is to be truly loved for who we are, and we are all searching for a context to make ourselves known."

- C. S. Lewis

True love brings up everything - you're allowing a mirror to be held up to you daily.

-Jennifer Aniston

First loves…that’s exactly what they are…those are the ones that introduced you to everything, made you love them, loved you back, and also broke your heart. But no matter how hurt you are, you’ll always love them. Always…they’ll stay with you forever. And not only will you not notice it, but deep down you will compare every other guy to him. And none of them will live up…because he was your first love. Then after months of letting go…when you finally think you are okay with letting him go, he’ll call…or you’ll hear “your” song…or you’ll see his car at a place that was important to you…or see a movie…or something that reminds you of how much he meant you and how much you really loved him and realize you’re not completely over him and never will be.

- Unknown

[so painfully true.. :( ]

Archived