[drama 2007] Salt Doll - 소금인형 (fridays)

Guest dramaok

Guest dramaok

[sBS] Hwang su-jeong's 'come back drama'
saltin8.jpg

'salt doll - 소금인형 [so-geum-in-hyeong]'

sbs (fridays) 8:55pm

(50 min per episode. 2 episodes back to back per friday)

http://tv.sbs.co.kr/doll/index.html

ep. 1 & 2 ratings:

14.2%, 15.3% (tns media)

outline:

in order to earn money for her husband's surgery cost, a woman sells her body to the man who loves her one-sidedly..

writer: park eon-hee; pd: park kyeong-ryeol (rustic period, jang gil-san, hanoi bride)

cast:

salt doll preview

18043qs2.jpg

cha so-yeong (actress: hwang su-jeong [oh mother, oh sisters; hur joon])

18044ny5.jpg

park yeon-woo (actor: kim yeong-ho [seo dong's ballad; finding dorothy])

18047yj4.jpg

kang ji-seok (actor: kim yoo-seok [my lovely fool; thank you life; geumsoon])

18046et6.jpg

seo yi-hyeon (actress: jeong ae-yeon [barefoot youth; hong kong express])

img040220070105180009xq0.jpg

image gallery:

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/resource/template...vMenuId=1005836

opinion board (korean):

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/resource/template...vMenuId=1005819

wallpaper:

http://wizard2.sbs.co.kr/resource/template...vMenuId=1005848

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow i havent see HSJ in years, the storyline doesnt sound all that appealing and after My Lovely Fool i sort of lost all interest in the friday night dramas, instead i have White tower to look forward to, right Mic ;)

And quite honestly i cant picture Kang Ji Seok as a president of a business. But ill give it a chance to see how it goes. Thanks for posting the info!

I don't know if I'll continue with this drama but I watched the first episode and it's not bad.

At least it's not too hard to understand...hehe...

Kang ji-seok's obsession with Cha so-yeong is just crazy.

That day...when he wanted to propose to her...she showed up happily showing him her ring from someone else...

On her wedding day...he still didn't give up...

It's weird that this happened because he should know she's in love with someone else.

I think after she rejected him...he couldn't move on and it destroyed him...now he's living his life recklessly.

Some pictures from SBS...

img040220070105175629ux9.jpg

img040220070105175606kj7.jpg

img040220070105180144al3.jpg

img040220070105180202xa1.jpg

img040220070105175902gx8.jpg

img040220070105175844qa9.jpg

img040220070105175825iv0.jpg

img040220070105175803cf3.jpg

img040220070105175739xq7.jpg

img040220070105175712ap8.jpg

img040220070105175653sj0.jpg

img040220070105175545wa5.jpg

img040220070105175923ij1.jpg

img040220070105175946tm9.jpg

img040220070105180033rh4.jpg

img040220070105180119rb8.jpg

img040220070109094526uq2.jpg

img040220070105180309ny9.jpg

Guest dramaok

I think after she rejected him...he couldn't move on and it destroyed him...now he's living his life recklessly.

yup and not only that i think he only sleeps around w/ women who are already married or engaged or dating someone else.

he's in the 'i'm taking your woman' for a ride mode.. since he thinks his true love was 'taken' from him..

saltdolle01070112hdtvsujr9.jpg

saltdolle01070112hdtvsuwu0.jpg

i think these two will develope a side story.

i don't know.. i watched or skimmed through ep. 1. and the acting is kinda bleh..

oh well.. friday dramas are low budget i guess. heh.. but hwang su-jeong changed a little..

Guest lovelylil819

The storyline is interesting. So sad that she has to "sell her body." I hope it means something else, not the thing that I'm think of. :(

So happy to see a thread for this brand new Friday drama! hehehe... thanks dramaok! <3

haven't watched it fully yet, but I'll upload this to WITHS2CB from now on... since SBS Friday drama seems to attract me somehow, and I'm liking the three main ppl XD

• 2 weeks later...

Done watching 4 episode and really luving it.

Really curious wat will u do if u're the guy and u're wife have a 1 nite stand with another cause she wanna save u're life?

i'm not sure what episode is out so far ... i skipped 3 to watch 4 because it's done downloading first ... but do you think there's actually gonna be a follow through? as in ... he really sleeps with her? ... no last minute conscience thing that stops him or something happen to stop it? and from the look of it ... the husband is extremely ill as well? 'coz he's like vomiting blood ... is it only vengeance from being spurned or he still can't get over her?

Watched 4 episode too.

From char discription her husband need surgery but they have no money so she accepted the 1 night stand in exchange for money to save her husband.She rather live in shame than to live without her husband.

Waitin for more episode to be out.

Episode 5 was good never knew that Cha So Yeong attempted suicide too when she was younger when her mother abandon her.It was Park Yeon Woo who encourage her to live on. Guess that how they got married and why she love him so much as to willing to sell her own organs to get money to save her husband.

Not much on epi 6 her husband got saved after the transplant surgery and 1 years goes pass .Cha So Yeong was not willing to get intimate with her husband (guess it cause of the 1 night stand with Ji Seok to get money for the transplant surgery)and she met Kang Ji Seok again when her husband invited him to their textile company party thinking Ji Seok was his live saver.

Eager to find out what would happen when So Yeong husband found out about her 1 night stand with Ji Seok.Hope it not gonna end up in Yeon Woo killing both Ji Seok and So Yeong and lastly killing himself(Similar to ending in what's happen in Bali) :P

• 2 weeks later...

lol ... is there anybody who actually still watches this?? i'm up to 8 so far.

i dunno why i'm still watching this because it's actually quite torturous ... :wacko: ... looks like there's a past between

the doctor played by Kang Ji-sub with JS's fiancee?? i wonder if the so called 'sister' is actually his daughter ... maybe with her?

so looks like things might not be happening between the doctor & SY's sister? hmmn... anyway this JS's fiancee had me wincing away at that scene where she went crazy when she found

SY in his bed after he find her fainting outside his house

... gosh ... her acting is really bad and gosh ... her facial expressions~ :ph34r: ... and it's kind of stupid to go & ruin the woman's marriage since it'll probably make it easier for ur fiance to get with her if SY's the money grubbing witch like what she thought of her. hwang su-jeong was pretty bad at some scenes too ... especially the scenes when she's all agitated & trembling at the thought of being exposed ... and i find both the actor who played her husband (both the actor & the character) equally annoying. :X

and JS's character ... what shall i say ... he's really such a tortured creature ... :ph34r:

my favourite characters out of this whole drama has to be the doctor's younger sister & SY/YW's son ... so cute~ especially the little girl. lolz

anyway ... looks like the husband finally finds out in 9 or 10 onwards? aish~ ... if i were him ... i'll shoot myself on the foot for being stupid not to wonder why ur wife is antagonistic towards the 'so called' friend who help save your life~ hah~ it's ur wife you should be thankful for that you're still living & breathing~

lol ... is there anybody who actually still watches this?? i'm up to 8 so far.

i dunno why i'm still watching this because it's actually quite torturous ... :wacko: ... looks like there's a past between

the doctor played by Kang Ji-sub with JS's fiancee?? i wonder if the so called 'sister' is actually his daughter ... maybe with her?

so looks like things might not be happening between the doctor & SY's sister? hmmn... anyway this JS's fiancee had me wincing away at that scene where she went crazy when she found

SY in his bed after he find her fainting outside his house

... gosh ... her acting is really bad and gosh ... her facial expressions~ :ph34r: ... and it's kind of stupid to go & ruin the woman's marriage since it'll probably make it easier for ur fiance to get with her if SY's the money grubbing witch like what she thought of her. hwang su-jeong was pretty bad at some scenes too ... especially the scenes when she's all agitated & trembling at the thought of being exposed ... and i find both the actor who played her husband (both the actor & the character) equally annoying. :X

and JS's character ... what shall i say ... he's really such a tortured creature ... :ph34r:

my favourite characters out of this whole drama has to be the doctor's younger sister & SY/YW's son ... so cute~ especially the little girl. lolz

anyway ... looks like the husband finally finds out in 9 or 10 onwards? aish~ ... if i were him ... i'll shoot myself on the foot for being stupid not to wonder why ur wife is antagonistic towards the 'so called' friend who help save your life~ hah~ it's ur wife you should be thankful for that you're still living & breathing~

Though I can't understand a word they are saying I am still watching this.

- I think you may be right about the DR and JS's fiancee. It sure make one interesting story!!!!

- I agree with you about the fiancee trying to destroy SY's marriage. I was yelling at the computer calling her a dummy and saying "Don't you know your man will go wild at the chance of having her???? Duh!!!!!" Obviously she is not too bright!

Questions:

- What was the news article about? Did it breakup her engagement?

- Did the husband find out? Does he know why she did it?

- It seemed like the husband's boss/co-worker said something to him to make him feel suspicious of his wife going out side to take to JS. What did he say?

- What's so special about the pictures with the 5:00 am time stamp?

- What is the preview for next week about??

Thanks

The time stamp on the photo is the time where SY enter the room of JS for the one night stand.

Husband found out the truth on epi 10.

Poor SY love her husband so much yet can't help feeling guilty over what she have done.

Guest cynthia_ngoc

so from the preview of next week's episodes, it looks like she and her husband are going to divorce. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong since I can't understand Korean. I feel bad for both the wife and the president. The wife b/c of the circumstances that forced her to make that decision and for the president b/c he can't get over his past love and move on. Now I hate the fiancee b/c she's just being spiteful and mean. She's found him in bed in the past w/ other women before and never objected but she has a problem now about SY? That doesn't make sense. She knows the guy doesn't love her and know his character so why would she still be w/ him? If she loves him and know his faults and know that he has no intention of changing for her, then why the heck is she getting frustrated at another woman who's not even SINGLE (hence competititon for her). She also knows that the woman loves her husband so why would she be going crazy and doing idiotic stuff. Sorry I tend to rant when I see stupid and spiteful characters.

so from the preview of next week's episodes, it looks like she and her husband are going to divorce. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong since I can't understand Korean. I feel bad for both the wife and the president. The wife b/c of the circumstances that forced her to make that decision and for the president b/c he can't get over his past love and move on. Now I hate the fiancee b/c she's just being spiteful and mean. She's found him in bed in the past w/ other women before and never objected but she has a problem now about SY? That doesn't make sense. She knows the guy doesn't love her and know his character so why would she still be w/ him? If she loves him and know his faults and know that he has no intention of changing for her, then why the heck is she getting frustrated at another woman who's not even SINGLE (hence competititon for her). She also knows that the woman loves her husband so why would she be going crazy and doing idiotic stuff. Sorry I tend to rant when I see stupid and spiteful characters.

The fiancee is being spiteful so I can't wait to see the impact on her relationship once her other relationship with the doctor and his "sister" is revealed. I hope the father rejects her big time.

In terms of why she has a problem with SY that is because she know that the president loves SY. He never love any of those other women, including her, yet he does love SY and that infuriates her. So because of her frustration and jealousy she wants to destroy SY's marriage and family. I think the fiancee destroyed her own family just to be with the president that is why she has no guilt or shame about destroying someone Else's. Besides, misery, loves company.

I feel sad SY is forced into a divorced. I'm sure her husband feels incompetent to have place his wife in such a compromising position and now divorcing her for the very same. I worried the husband might do something bad to the president. If I was him I would. The president could have help with no strings attached however he did not, rather he violated SY's and her husband's marriage and family instead.

So, if I were the husband I would seriously think about hurting both the president and his fiancee.

Really hate YW mother wished she could just shutup and stop making things difficult for SY.

In epi 12 YW finally told her mother and SY sis about what really happen.

As for why YH hate SY in the begining was caused she thought tat SY was a richard simmons trying to seduce JS yet she was married.

YH know the truth on epi 10 that SY love her husband so deeply and told YW.

On epi 11 YW found SY and asked her to go back home with him.He also went to JS telling JS that the money that was used on his surgery for buying the time of his life will be used to repay SY.

Wonder what gonna happen next since JS mum went looking for SY making things more difficult.

Archived