Kim Nam Gil 김남길 ~ An Actors' Actor ~ Upcoming Films : 'The Guardian' | 'Emergency Declaration'

Admin

BTS's Jin meets the actor who inspired him, Kim Nam Gil, at the '35th Golden Disc Awards'

USER CONTENT

1610342874-kim-seok-jin-bts-actor-kim-nam-gil.jpg

BTS Jin and Kim Nam Gil greeted each other at the 35th Golden Disc Awards.

The prestigious music awards event in South Korea, the Golden Disk Awards, was held for the 35th time this year. The event was held for two days from 9 – 10 January 2021. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the 35th Golden Disc Awards were held without a live audience. The first day of the event was dedicated to the 'Digital Song Division' awards and the second day to the 'Physical Album Division' awards. BTS attended and received awards on both two days. Meanwhile, Kim Nam Gil was the presenter of Daesang's physical album on the second day.

Jin has been a fan of Kim Nam Gil for a long time. He was very touched and wanted to become an actor after watching Kim Nam Gil portray the character Bidam in the drama 'Queen Seondeok'. Jin then majored in Film for his bachelor's degree at the prestigious university in South Korea, Konkuk University.

1610347758-image.png

This time at the 35th Golden Disc Awards, Jin became a successful fanboy after getting a chance to greet the actor who inspired him.

Actually they both attended the 34th Golden Disc Awards last year, but unfortunately they couldn't meet.

Kim Nam Gil was also the one who did an unboxing of the Dicon Magazine's Jin Version. He mentioned that Jin has a face that would suit being an actor.

Fans are delighted to know this. They expressed their support and love to Jin through the hashtag #WeLoveYouJin. It is trending in many countries

Indeed, there is nothing better than spreading genuine love!

We love to see two talented, successful, humble and down to Earth individuals fanboying at each other:hwaiting2:

Source:https://www.koreaboo.com/news/bts-jin-kim-nam-gil-meet-2021-golden-disc-awards-gda/

BTS’s Jin Finally Met His Actor Icon, Kim Nam Gil, At The 2021 GDAs

Legends met legends at the 2021 Golden Disc Awards.

YETDvAzLHL9DsRym7IEG-FfCDOpO9lzJ6UEfnjgb

BTS‘s Jin is a world-renown singer, but he once dreamed of becoming an actor. One of his greatest inspirations was actor Kim Nam Gil.

PZvOU9JifwJO1QsRhH6kD7tx1pufy94QRUPcAOlL3VCWJgQkwiGBJ3h7k2uIcprOQN7VFXXNwVrN4BpTmyyKLLtysn-3Tr_yq1W-qHYO3Ai8p5g=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 Jin of BTS.

Kim Nam Gil is best known for his lead roles in movies (Pandora, Memoir of a Murderer, The Pirates, and Portrait of a Beauty), as well as The Fiery Priest K-Drama. Around the time BTS debuted, Jin revealed that Kim Nam Gil greatly influenced his decision to study acting, and he has shown love for the actor many times since then.

uQiJLMZBf67Japjuep2wMYxuIu9atO034Ki3yPf-1NXI_wnBCNpa7zVRqHFPVTWYgRuVKuWepYI0cIdunD7HUv9hinTLmwDzrJPT7sCkBc9JjpM=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 Kim Nam Gil

That admiration is now mutual. Last year, Kim Nam Gil attended the GDAs as a presenter, but he was unable to meet Jin. During a radio interview, he said, “I personally really wanted to meet Jin,” and, in a video message, invited him to hang out.

This year, Kim Nam Gil and Jin finally met when Kim Nam Gil presented the physical album Daesang (grand prize).

wY45TqDypyKEgKzHUDRQXb31ayWly92kAx4IHMtFf19ylO29ODtSuTzlFKQpxJdJZmBydPdKo-vfUPqMHGTYD6WFb15q9HI1BtQF58zKmfgBg4c=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 | @bts_bighit/Twitter 

On stage, Jin reportedly approached his acting icon and told him he’s been wanting to meet him. In response, Kim Nam Gil told Jin the same and playfully said, “I love you too.” 

br-vRoUrVyLCrTa-ZylptcsZKC7BEl_cw9Vji7f8xvQ-1ZadUg50HaXkXg8P3rbinaPIrhKSippYaJTmBAvSscRlmdvscD1GLHg-9xdj1IHW2wDv=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 Kim Nam Gil (left), BTS (right).

Link:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/609/0000385729

OCN'Kyungsomun amplified expectations until'Voice 4'shot up [TV Watch]

Following this,'Island', which uncovers hidden secrets on the beautiful island of Jeju, became a hot topic as Lee Si-wan, Kim Nam-gil, and Seo Ye-ji were reviewing appearances. It has already attracted attention in that it is a Korean fantasy genre, which is the original webtoon of the same name based on Jeju folktales.

OCN schedule

Link:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/140/0000043703

Korean Entertainment Industry Outlook in 2021-What are the most anticipated films and series this year?

Enter 2021.01.15. 8:16 PM

The prospects of 55 key players in the Korean entertainment industry-Movie is <Alien>, drama is <Jiri>
20_06_34__5ffd82bac674e_20210115201603261.jpg?type=w430

The results of the survey on Korean films that attract the most attention in 2021 are summarized in one line. At the same time, I feel the thirst for cinematic spectacle and catharsis, and at the same time, I can feel the gaze that pays attention to the outcome of post-corona era masterpieces in the market. Director Choi Dong-hoon's <The Aliens>, who won first place by overwhelming margin, <The Declaration of Emergency> by director Han Jae-rim, who was selected as second place, <The Decision to Break Up> by director Park Chan-wook, and <Seungri-ho> by director Cho Sung-hee are all the faces of Korean film industry. These are the movies filled with the crowd. Apart from the personal composition, among the films in the rankings, there are many blockbusters who have tried new genres in common.

Director Jae-rim Han's aviation disaster film <Emergency Declaration> is a work by Korean actors Song Kang-ho, Lee Byung-hun, and Jeon Do-yeon. Song Kang-ho and Jeon Jeon Yeon together in <Miryang>. <The Good, the Bad, the Strange> Song Kang-ho and Lee Byung-hun together in <Joint Security Area JSA>. Lee Byung-hun and Jeon Do-yeon, who took a breath together in <Punggeum of My Heart> <Remembrance of the Hyeopyeo, Carl>. Their works alone are enough to organize the 20-year history of Korean cinema. It can be said that the casting of <Emergency Declaration>, in which Nam-Gil Kim, So-Wan Lee, So-jin Kim, and Hae-Jin Park, joined, is a possible combination because it is a film. In addition to the splendid cast, some are paying attention to the material and genre chosen by <Emergency Declaration> as an aviation disaster film. “As the virus disaster is the subject, it is a plan that properly reflects the current situation.”

Link:http://www.vogue.co.kr/2021/01/15/매거진-창간한-김남길/

Kim Nam-gil, who published the magazine

What kind of image comes to your mind when you think of actor Kim Nam-gil? A cold and charismatic man like the bidam of the drama <Queen Seondeok> TVN entertainment program <Siberian Advancement Team> and <Sea Road Advancement> What is certain is that he is more warm and caring than anyone else.

spacer.png

It is news that he, who has been doing good deeds as a representative of the culture and art NGO'Gilstory', has launched a magazine this time.

spacer.png

Kim Nam-gil, a non-profit private organization,'Gil Story', opened in order to practice more sharing after volunteering at the site of the earthquake in Indonesia in 2010. In 2014, we conducted crowdfunding to help victims of typhoon victims in the Philippines, and restored homes of more than 300 households.

The beginning of social contribution activities was'voluntary and donation' similar to other famous entertainers, but the process of development was different. Why did he take off his feet and set out to create a non-profit public corporation? This is to practice creating a'warm world', which is the most cherished value.

'Understanding and consideration', the value we are losing. Kim Nam-gil wanted to recover it, and inevitably, he chose a new way to act as a representative of a culture and art NGO. The public art campaign he unfolds with more than 100 cultural and artistic people is still in progress today.

spacer.png

The magazine <CUP>, which was published last month, is a book that vividly contains the records of Gilstory for 5 years. He personally became a ``man who reads the road,'' and visited Bukchon, Seongbuk, Hanyangdoseong, Jeju, Namhae, and Samcheok, telling the stories of the road, and interviewing six cultural artists working as pro bonos.

Spoiler

spacer.png

“A lot of people asked. Why are you making magazines in the era of untact? I was worried about the fact that the magazines were being published upside down in the yard. However, at times like this, I wanted to share the warmth, comfort, consideration, and courage I felt in my life without being extravagant or unusual.”

Spoiler

spacer.png

Actor Kim Nam-gil, who has expressed a special affection for reading and writing for a long time. “As we looked for something that could best understand and relate to the values and stories we wanted to convey, I naturally came to think of a paper book that I touch with my hand like a hand letter.

In an interview with <Vogue> two years ago, he said, “I used to write a lot. I wanted to go to the Korean Literature Department. When I take it out of my mouth, it flies, but when I write it, I leave it alone and I feel like it's mine in the end.” He expressed his love for writing. Perhaps that is why the title of'Publisher' doesn't feel awkward at all.

Spoiler

spacer.png

“I like new things and convenient things, but don't forget to keep them inscribed on your heart and there are things like gifts that need to be passed on to future generations. I want to share them with many people by putting them in <CUP>.” As he said on the opening page, in the magazine <Cup>, warmth and good influence are felt.

A time when strength and courage are desperate because of a poor heart. It is recommended to take time to take a moment to flip through the pages of the <Cup> magazine. 

*All proceeds from <Cup> magazine will be used to sponsor Gilstory's public art campaign.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jelly said:

I always liked this actor, esp. about his philanthropic work! That made me respect him, and be a fan of his from a far! Thus far, I'm watching Live Up to Your Name, and this guy is amazing!! Why was he placed in melos/heavier fare (I know he said he likes darker characters) ,but I feel like had he done more rom-coms, he would've gotten more recognition faster (Sadly). Anyways, he's aged like wine, and is still able to pull off hard action scenes. Hats of to you sir!! I'm excited for his next work, this is a Studio Dragon production, so it seems it'll be on Netflix which is great!! Hope more I-fans will discover this amazing actor/person!!

“In truth, I really do want to play lighthearted roles. I personally think I would be good in a romantic comedy and it is a genre that I like. However, I am drawn to characters that possess emotional scars and have traumatic pasts."

“Kim Nam-gil is a real joker off duty,” said “Don’t Look Back” director Park Chan-hong. “You know, life is long and if you want to have a good time you need someone like him around.” 

I hope he does the OCN (I hear it might move to tvN) show!! It'll be another great role for him! Given OCN's/cable's success rate now, he would be amazing, it would bring him more I-fans!!

Hi @jelly thank you for your sharing your insight on KNG! If I may add

KNG  been more of a late bloomer in the industry, he got his first big break in Queen Seondeok as Bidam(he was about 29/30 then), initially the character was supposed to be a short lived side character however due to the viewers response towards KNG's portrayal of the character they changed it to a main character and a significant one at that, the man has worked in dramas and films prior to this drama however unfortunately he could not meet much sucess, it is from the drama QSD people took notice of him and he  started gaining more popularity and credentials! Yes I am also of the view that had he picked up more rom coms  he would have gained sucess earlier maybe however as a long time admirer of KNG I have noticed that he is not a fame chaser, I think he picks those projects/works he is passionate about, he is in it for the art itself and it's that quality of his I respect and what sets him apart from the rest!

Fingers crossed that he accepts Island, its an OCN drama (as far as I know), hence quality is expected, the cast looks really solid with this one, he will get int exposure through this drama, I heard the production is BIG and the man deserves it, and we will have not one but two seasons of KNG:wub: There has been quite a few articles about the drama but there has been no confirmation yet by any of the parties involved, waiting for an official confirmation but on the brighter side we will have atleast 2 movies to look forward to:hwaiting2:

51 minutes ago, jelly said:

Hi! Thanks for the reply!  P.S: It says he was born in 1981, is this correct? 

Yes, I've noticed that! He was someone who worked in supporting/2nd ML's before bumping up into prominence with Bidam. He was also a bit wet behind the ears, in terms of his acting at the time when he first began until 2009. But unfortunately, I hear instead of doing a rom-com or lighter fare (More mainstream) he did Bad Guy. It was an interesting period (the late 2000s) b/c Korea was in the tail end of their Melo dramas doing well. Of course, he had to enlist and wasn't able to finish the 20 episodes. Which was a shame, when he came back from military. It was 2012, and the landscape changed a lot. Rom-coms/lighter fare was the trend, and what does he do, he did a Melo for his comeback lol!

Granted it was with Son Ye Jin! Had he done a So Ji Sub and did a Master's Sun type of drama, he would've struck gold earlier. He's marvelous in Live Up to Your Name, that show did really well. And showed off his romantic leading chops. For some reason, he doesn't like to look handsome in his work lol? I feel like in Live Up to Your Name, he looked dashing/well groomed/styled there. I loved his hairstyle w/ his hair down, and the suits too. He was quite skinny there, as he lost a lot of weight a few months prior or so for another film.

I respect his choices (artistically/personally). It may not gain him the most in monetary or career gains, but it prob. makes him fulfilled. He seems like an un-greedy/un-selfish person too. He did his first film which was in that time, very controversial and hard to do. But he said he didn't care, and was more focused on his art. I saw it recently, and damn. I gained respect for him b/c it wasn't an easy role to portray. He's like the cooler/better version of Johnny Depp. I just hope he can work with Bong Joon Ho or Park Chan Wook in his career.

He's still young, but he's entering his 40s soon. So his time to do a rom-com is trickling down!! I heard inklings of romance in Island. I also heard that he also has another film he signed up for (due to Covid/delayed), that might conflict with Island. Ooh, where did you hear about the production being big? K-dramas+Confirmation of Cast is strange imo. We don't hear any news of casting until the near start date of filming begins. So we won't know for sure until Spring (April/May)? He's a busy guy in film land though! He's filming another film rn, that's just begun a week or so ago. And that's for 4 months, so April he'll be done. And then Island (if so) next. Busy busy!! Of course, we're not complaining lol. But I wish his fanpage in international forums was more frequently posted about :( 

Maybe he'll get a Gong Yoo thing, and get a Goblin like type of success/drama with Island!!! OCN is moving on up, (Heard that tvN might get this?). Studio Dragon's work always gets into Netflix, so my hopes for this are BIG!! Plus Seo Ye Ji and Im Siwan are great actors/rising stars, so hopefully he'll gain more I-fans due to this. 

There is some discrepancies with regards to his age on various sites, this forum too has reported the wrong year as his DOB. It is confirmed by Kim Nam Gil himself that he was born in the year 1980 during his 2019 fan meet, hope the below post helps:)

It's a shame that Bad guy had to end like the way it did because of his enlistment and they completely slaughtered the ending! His choice after completing his military enlistment was rather interesting, a revenge drama AGAIN, and I truly feel the cast was also a strong reason as to why he accepted the offer, I remember him mentioning the same quite a few times in his interviews! The thing with his earlier works is that it has aged like wine! 

I think that very "I don't care attitude about the way I look" is what makes him appealing and ever so CHARMING, he might not be your conventionaly good looking guy(as per korean standards) but there is something about the man that the more you look at him the deeper he pulls you in, he has that face you can never get tired of, it grows on you with each apprearence! He's always taken by surprise when people around him praise his apprearence and I just wish he knew what a good looking man he is, he is blessed with the combo of both visual+charisma! I suggest you watch Trans Siberian pathfinders (if you haven't aldready) but let me warn you will fall into a KNG slump:wub: Funny you mentioned about his resemblance to Johnny Depp because KNG was called the Korean Johnny Depp, but yeah like you mentioned a cooler/better version!

I too would love to see him work with the likes of BJH and PCW, I think KNG is definitely up there in terms of his acting prowess, he has nailed diff genres and has a filmography to boast it!

About the production being big I did see an article which mentioned the same, I will link it here if and when I find (if I haven't aldready). Island has alot of mixed reviews, I haven't read the webtoon so I have no idea what to expect other than he will be playing a demon hunter! I am just really excited that there are two more promising actors who also like you mentioned have great acting chops and they can strike GOLD given how Koreans are digging supernatural genres lately, plus Studio Dragon don't compromise on budget so we can expect high quality as well and since it is based in Jeju, visuals would be an additional treat:heart:

7 hours ago, jelly said:

I kinda want to watch Bad Guy lol. Despite knowing the ending, from what I've seen from Bad Guy piques my interest. The ratings for the show were solid, and then took a nose dive when he enlisted. Boo! Seems like it got a second audience again, as I've seen men and women comment on the YT page even now ha! There's a Bad Guy compilation video of Bad Guys that has over 5 million viewers!

Oh on the birth date confirmation! Aww, if he does act with Seo Ye Ji, that's a 10 yr difference! But she is 30 turning 31, and has a mature look/vibe to her, so that should be fine. It makes me sad when people I'm fan's of are getting older. I guess, I want to see them in as much roles/genres as possible before they get father/dad roles haha. 

The FL/story prob. was a factor. He was also juggling another drama at the same time (choosing wise), but ultimately went with Shark. Although the ratings weren't that hot, it did pave the way for The Pirates which did do well! 

True, but honestly people who are attractive as him always says those things. But it does seem, he's not super obsessed about his image which is neat. Makes him more charming ha! He's always had more mature vibes, he's the definition of someone "tall, dark, and handsome" saying. Aww, his low confidence on his looks makes me :/ I heard in Trans Siberian thing, he was like "I'm not good looking, blah." Seems like something most actors say/insecurities. From that variety show, what did you gain/see from KNG there? Anything that confirmed or surprised you about his personality/nature?

He's hands down way way better than Johnny Depp!!! As a person/artist. I respect his choices, even if its not, he still tries to challenge himself. He was seated next to Park Chan Wook at the Korean International Awards in 2019, so hoping he can get cast in his film in the future!! Same with Bong Joon Ho as well. 

A bit worried on the mixed reviews on Island though. Hope they can make it better on-screen! Although it does sound like a heavy role for him, but I'm hoping he gets to laugh/comedy in it!! Silliness and Sexiness is his thing, and what made him stand out big in 2019!! 

Hopefully it being on Jeju Island, and in a contained area can be a blessing for the team esp. during Covid times. He's a busy guy even more this yr. He has 3 films slated for this yr (If Night Fishing or ? is out for Fall 2021). Add a drama as well= quadruple the KNG!! A treat for his fans since he's very private person!! 

Bad guy started out really well, it's a pity that the enlistment dates had to tamper with the drama, I wonder if he was granted those extra few days to wrap it up as per schedule how things would have turned differently for his character!I am not suprised by it's popularity among his newer fans, it's one of his more popular works, even today people refer to him as Nabbeun Namja(bad guy):joy:he even mentioned in one of his interviews that Bad Guys will always be special to him!

The age gap actually didn't really bother me as much but I did see comments about the same, if it was someone in their 20s yeah it would be awkward however like you mentioned she is in her early 30s and 31 to be precise, so there is maturity and SYJ has that aura too of a mature women, so I think they actually will make a good on screen couple and she is a damn good actress too so I'm expecting fireworks in terms of chemistry, because both of them with all their previous co stars have shown great chemistry!SYJ herself mentioned  that after watching LUTYN she wanted to work opp KNG in a rom com (talk about TASTE).

KNG seems on the exterior more as a kiddult who is carefree, free spirited, ditzy, easy going,just a fun personality and he is all of that however I think there is a deep person hidden amongst all those layers, he strikes as a person who has alot of empathy,is sensitive and has a high emotional quotient and sucks all of it like a sponge. I think the variety show just shows all those facests of KNG, I have read many of his interviews and my respect for him has only grown more while reading them I think while watching his varieties it has just affirmed that for me, one of his The" Fiery Priest " co star said that KNG has no filters whatsoever and he doesn't talk behind their backs,he will tell them to their face and that's what I think he is , just a brutally honest what you see is what you get kind of person! It's a real rare quality especially in the ent industry.

Damn he was seated next to PCW?? :open_mouth:What is PCW waiting for?? Just sign him aldready for your next film:tired:

Yeah the mixed reviews is kinda concerning I have read that it's pretty misynostic and SYJ fans have been vocally criticizing the webtoon and her character, I am willing to look the other way because I trust their choices and hopefully if they accept it doesn't take the webtoon route (sweet home also didn't follow the webtoon, so there is hope).

Yeah 2021 is looking like KNG's year, and I am all for it, I mean I really hope he doesn't tire himself between schedules but I want to see more of KNG as well...ugh my heart:heartbreak:

P.S - I actually low key want him to play a father role, something like  the pursuit of happiness..but obviously it's not going to happen anytime soon, he still young for that kind of role:P

6 hours ago, jelly said:

Thanks for the informative reply! 

Yeah it seems the military enlistment, and writing took a down turn as in what they originally wanted to go for? Hard to believe it was his first lead role in a drama :O 

Shin Hye Sun/Gong Hyo Jin/Seo Hyun Jin are three actresses that would be amazing for him to work with. Age wise/acting wise, they're top level. Hope that he can do an adult rom-com w/ them in a few yrs!!!

Yeah, b/c she's in her early 30s than 20s, their age gap is fine. Their chemistry already is going to be fire!! Yes, I saw that too! She must be elated/honored to work with him next! LUTYN really lightened up his image! Had he been offered a rom-com a few yrs earlier, we could've seen him dabble a bit more into that genre!! 

Your reply on his character: Not surprising. I sensed that too. Someone who on the surface is a jolly, easy going, friendly, humorous person to others. But he's also someone who masks his pain? I heard he got depressed during his career slump a few yrs back. So thankfully, in the last 4 yrs, his career's been doing great for him. Some foreign actor (Phillip something?) said "KNG was very kind to me, and personable." Something to that extent a yr or so back. That's true, esp. in an industry that is K-ent, someone with his character/principles are rare to find. Someone whose about the art and not the fame, much respect to you sir!!

Yep, he was seated next to PCW, as well as Kim Dong Wook lol. Mini reunion? It was b/c PCW won for his direction for a British/US show. Ikr? Maybe his next film after his comeback, UGH. I heard BJH doesn't like casting visuals, but KNG can go down/dirty so I hope he gets cast in their next films!!

Oh really, on SYJ's character in 'Island.'? Hopefully the writer can do a better job of her character then...Speaking of, I heard it's gearing up for the 2nd half of 2021. So possibly April or May? I hope he can get a bit of down time before finishing up his next film, and moving to a drama next. 

I feel like most I-fans don't know that Film Stars are more respected/regarded in Korea than TV/Hallyu Stars are? So him going more into Chungmuro is a smart/logical choice on his part. He also does a few dramas every now and then, to gauge the I-fans interests which is nice. Hopefully, he won't be so gone away from drama land!! 

P.S: Did you see the video where his fan was like "Oppa, will you marry someone 20 yrs younger?" and complimenting/flirting w/ him aha. And he was like all flustered and shy haha! So he can get shy when he's being complimented or flirted on lol!

Yeah I would like to see him work with Ha JI Won as well, they attended an event years back and were snapped together, Korea is blessed to be able to have alot of veteran actors who still are very much active and kicking, I don't see that charm with the newer ones as opposed to 70-80s born actors, the newer there are only handful who have made a good impression in terms of acting! He did promise after the fiery priest's sucess on  v live to his fans that he will come back with a romantic genre as his k fans (who share the same sentiment as you) have desperately been asking for the same too!! So hopefully Island has romance as well and by reading the synopsis it does look like there is going to be some sort of romantic/fateful relationship between the FL and the ML!! 

Yeah the man has gone through ALOT to be able to get to this point, it's a shame that he was being ignored by many awarding bodies and I remember him expressing his desire to win an award on Life Bar, normally actors are modest and they tell how they aren't for awards and it's all about fans , content, art etc etc but he straight up confessed that he wants to get recognised for his work (he didn't even get a nomination for LUTYN, which was shocking to say the least because he did such a great job and the drama did pretty well too) and BAM what happens after two years he does The Fiery Priest and is the most awarded actor of 2019, which included prestigious awards such as his first Daeseang and a prime minister citation award! It sure was long awaited and due for so many years of great work which unfortunately went unnoticed

In his High Cut Magazine interview it was revealed he wrote a message to a female staff who was one of the staff memebers of his film he was working on at the time, he encouraged her not to give up on being a camera director just because she is a woman as there are many women in today's world who are doing a good job as CD's, and help prove that this is not a job only done by Men, the phrase he wrote at the end of the letter was this....

“It’s not the strong that last long, it’s lasting long that makes you strong.” :wub:

Made me think he would have lived by this principle his entire acting life, I heard when he was around his late 20s he was thinking of giving up and what happened next he got his first big break as Bidam, and fast forward during his late 30s when he was in a slump he got offered TFP which was his second hay day, Fate really works in mysterious ways!

Wow I had no idea BJH was allergic to visuals, but hey LSG is a good looking man himself and he was cast in parasite and we all know the man is such a good actor and KNG is definitely one of those you are blinded by all things when he acts, he just gets into the skin of his characters that you forget all about his looks, sex appeal etc etc infact evertytime I see him in a movie and then watch his variety shows I am always taken aback with how they are literally two different people, he just makes me forget the real KNG and that says alot! KNG is good friends with LSG and HJW who have worked with BJH and PCW , so fingers crossed they have come across his works and will offer him a film too ...I mean it's about time, if we can see what a damn good actor he is what is stopping them from noticing the same?:triumph:

Yeah as per the schedule which was ongoing on twitter it is slated to bs aired around the time , I too wish he gets a good amount of rest between schedules because he is very suspectible to injuries and he even mentioned that with age it's harder to recover.....it really does suck when your faves are getting older, I am not even bothered about me getting older:persevere:

Yeah I fans are more into drama centric actors, they have very little to no knowledge about chungmuro or film actors, hence it's not surprising that he isn't very popular among the int audience when compared to his peers! However like you said Film actors are more respectable and it indeed is a smart choice that he concentrate on films and work with the best, grab those opportunities when he can, he has  huge potential! As much as I want to see him on the small screen I am quite happy he is doing very well on the big screen and has offers pouring in for him!

Oh my god yaaaaaaaas I did watch the video, I think it was when he was promoting Pandora! Woooow I have never actually seen KNG tongue tied like the way he was at the time, he was in a pickle with that question! I think he was pleasantly surprised that he had fans who were much younger than him (hahah I fall into that category too), his reaction to all this was sooo cute and so was the girl's questions and answers, the way she right up answered SEXY and MARRIAGE I could relate to the girl on a spiritual level, because SAME GIRL SAME, we have a big age gap as well but what can you do when it's KNG he's just so irresistible:Pandabulous:

I low key thinks he knows deep down that he is a good looking man, I mean you can't go around thinking your not visually pleasing with a face like THAT!!

43 minutes ago, jelly said:

I feel like HJW is sorta miss for me as an actress. I do think that him being paired with younger actresses in his films is funny (Seolhyun), um now that's an interesting pairing. 

IA! It's great that in Korea, 30s/40s age actors are still rocking/doing phenomenally well!! Altho we can say K-industry is suffering from finding 20s aged female/male superstars, but anyways. 

Oh KNG made a promise? I loved him in Live Up to Your Name, that made me a fan for real, after being a fan from a far! He did a great job, and deserved to get recognition for his role here. He looked the best in this show when he has his hair down, no stache, and suits was really good on him! I appreciate that he didn't care to look too perfect on-screen! 

Island's plot w/ FL/ML remind me of Goblin a bit...OCN is more darker fare. But it would be nice if it had comedy too. That'll help it gain more traction. 

On awards traction: That sucks that he didn't get awards nominations, and was always overshadowed in awards buzz from his other co-stars. But I also read that he does like to step back and let his female lead shine, which says he's a considerate acting partner! Thankfully, he got his due finally with The Fiery Priest!! He would've got the Baeksang had LBH not won :( But still, he was the most awarded drama actor in Korea during that time!! 

I appreciate that he was honest (his Fiery Priest cast mate said that he's a no BS guy, not one to talk behind your back). But actors go thru slumps/want recognition for their talents. But he did say he got over that after The Fiery Priest ended, and that it's rude on his co-stars/staff. And he's now sees awards shows as celebrations!

Yeah BJH said that he's more into real actors, so I can see him knock on KNG's door if that opportunity presents. He's making a horror Korean film next, so I hope it happens!! 

Romance shows are very popular genre for actors to gain more footing/recognition. Had LUTYN aired on Viki or Netflix, instead of being hard to watch since then, he would've gotten more love internationally! Speaking of, does he like LUTYN? It was the role that lightened up his image! His chemistry with KAJ was great/real!

He knows that film stars have longevity/longer shelf life and are less reliant on popularity unlike drama stars. So either way, he's made his name in both mediums. And he's in a film that seems like it'll be a huge blockbuster: Emergency Declaration. Hope he can do Island though!! I like that it seems like a really cool/interesting role for him!! Studio Dragon+Netflix is a great combo! 

LOL. IA. That girl spoke for all of us younger fans!! KNG don't be so shocked buddy, you hare charismatic as heck!!! Wonder if he's still into older woman? I remember he said he would be cool w/ 10 yrs older woman lol back in the day. He's very private on dating matters.

He has a thousand faces, sometimes with a stache he looks more mature (LUTYN shades), and w/o it younger. I think depending on his styling, he can look more clean cut or older. Hopefully with The Fiery Priest's success, he can do more comedic fare. Rom-com PLS!! Gong Hyo Jin or Seo Hyun Jin would be amazing choices for him!!

Yeah I agree, HJW is good with Saeguk and KNG as well, so I was hoping a saeguk drama however I am not much of a Saeguk enthusiast, the only ones I have watched is KNG's and HJW's! Hahha yeah I think because he has such a kid like personality outside hence it's funny when he is paired with woman much younger than him and Seolhyun is much younger than him plus her acting is pretty mediocre, I was a little taken aback at the time as to how they would make it work but after watching the movie these two had very few scenes together and nothing romantic at all except for a few words of exchange!

Oh yeah he did promise and he even wanted to star in a romantic melo or something like that, he expressed this when he was on his way to an award function! So KNG we haven't forgotten THAT....

Hahaha I too first remembered Goblin while reading the synopsis, like the curse part and a woman who can save him from that blah blah however like you mentioned the webtoon is pretty dark themed and is pretty gory as well so I am not sure what path will the makers follow, it would be cool if they do add in some humour too because KNG has impeccable comic timing and would love to see that on the small screen again plus it would be a good mix from all those dark themed stuff!

Yeah if it weren't for LBH I think he was a strong contender and I am sure of it that he would have recieved the best actor, I can't even be mad at LBH because he is top tier actor and I enjoyed Mr Sunshine as well, there will be many more opportunities for KNG.

I am so glad that TFP happened not just because the drama did well and he had his second revival but because he found a family in them, they genuinely got along like a house on fire and that reflected on screen and I remember him mentioning the same while giving his speeches that out of all the years in the industry it is very difficult to come across a cast who are genuinely good people and he found that in TFP,they even made each other a promise if any one cast member dropped out from TFP 2(if there is one) or is unable to make it then they will not comeback with a season 2, if it happens it would be with the entire original cast without leaving even one character out!

BJH's next is a horror?? Oh wooow..I thought he wanted to do a musical kind, but horror sounds cool and that reminds me that KNG can easily get scared and he can't watch horror movies, he doesn't like the genre, he was even reluctant to do CLOSET....after watching the movie I was like BRO this wasn't scary at aaaalllll, however KNG did look like a snack

I am so excited for ED, I mean the cast is just what Koreans would Normally say "Daebak", the casting director needs a big pat on his back how on earth did he manage to get ensemble like SKH,LBH,JDY,KNG,ISW and PHJ and KNG as a pilot, OOH LA LA!My expectations are through the roof with this one

Yeah I wish LUTYN was on Netflix sooner, it would have got him the recognition and his on screen chemistry with KAJ was just EXCEPTIONAL, it looked like they were real life couples they both did an outstanding job! I haven't heard him speak about LUTYN but I consider it one of his superior dramas!

Haha I remember him saying he likes to date older women as they are more mature and know what they want and in the Guru show he mentioned how he has dated women who are even ten years older to him, I was quite suprised he has/had a noona syndrome ...I am all for celeb privacy, but I can't help but wonder about his love life because he is so damn private about it and in his entire career has never had a dating scandal just rumours!

He is called an actor with a thousand faces, he is one of those rare actors who can pull both facial hair and clean shaven look..the man hasn't really aged much, without his facial hair he pretty much looks the same when he was in his late 20s, KNG needs to drop that skin care routine!

Aaand yaaaaaaaas GHJ and KNG drama/movie when????? They would totally rock it, I love both of them individually and together they smell like SUCCESS!!!

@jelly About the rom com part, he did say once that it isn't his favourite genre and when asked about the lack of romance in TFP, he said that's what attracted him towards the drama as it didn't rely on any kind of romance and the drama didn't need one in the first place, so I don't know what to make of this and I hope he is not averse to the genre! I think he is more melo romantic kinda person, his choices looks like he likes those tragic one's, the man has been killed in god knows how many of his project's...it's literally now become an inside joke amongst his fans:lol:

My Mister was a cultural reset, what a drama...just beautiful, I love that it got so much more recognition internationally among notable personalities and has aged like fine wine, the Korean public still talk about My Mister to this day! Didn't My Mister win for Best Drama? I forgot the fact that it was also nominated  the same year, yeah a nomination is pretty big in itself and his co star Miss Lee Honey kept stating "KNG is no.1 in my heart" regardless of the results, I think she was speaking for all his fans

The closet was very mediocre, HJW's acting was pretty disappointing however I appreciated that they higlighted a social issue like child abuse through the movie!

I heard ISW and KNG had many scenes and interactions together for ED, and KNG works with the people he is close to on multiple projects , he suggested Lee Honey do the prosecutors role on TFP so I am guessing the same with ISW as well and hence why I was positive about this project when news came out ISW was offered the role of a priest and he is considering the same!

I think it must be because he wasn't nominated, I would have been very mad if I were in his place , the show as you said dis very well at the time and he nailed his role, the chemistry was the talk of the town yet they royally ignored him and snubbed him!I wish TVN had their own awards like SBS and KBS..from what I saw of the BTS, they looked like they had good fun shooting the drama and are atleast friends off screen!

Hahahah not to be that person, most actors have that standard line "it's not about looks, it's about heart/personality" I don't believe it however KNG has been straightforward with his ideal types previously, he had once mentioned that he is not going to act like apprearence is not important and now from that to this, so I'll give him the benefit of doubt here:joy: yeah I don't know why he is allergic to this kind of question, his and Gong Yoos love life will always be a mystery to me, and both are in their early 40s!

Yeah he has aged gracefully and like fine wine, I recently watched his variety show (clips) k Ocean pathfinders, he has really good and clear skin for a man entering his 40s normally men at his age show few signs of ageing like crows feet, forehead lines but KNG doesn't seem to have much of it , I am glad he didn't go under the knife or like you mentioned try other procedures (not like it's wrong , to each his own) but he did say in his earlier days he was tempted to but he didn't go through with it at the end and that I am glad for! I love his complexion, he has this sun kissed tan look, in a color obsessed country like Korea it's refreshing to see actors who keep their natural complexion!

There is no denying GHJ is an exceptional actor, and yes she has a very cool personality as well, I wonder why this tandem has not yet happened?

@jelly yeah I too would like to see him in am adult/mature rom com I think he will nail it, maybe GHJ as the female lead? two really expeienced actors, and same age and they both are known to have a good comic timing, it would sure be popular amongst the Korean audience given their popularity there, I just don't want it to be the Makjang types.....

Yeah it can be quite cumbersome especially for a celebrity like KNG who values his privacy alot, the man doesn't have any SNS as well and doesn't feel the need to own one at this day and age,that should show us how private the person is(it's a struggle when you stan such private individuals):tears:

Yeah I think he came with no expectations for the Baeksang, as that year it was a pretty tight competition, I remember him saying Lee Honey called him up and said they should just have fun at the award function and he went there just to do that, not sure it if it was for Baeksang though! Yeah their friendship goes way back since their Shark days, it's nice to see that they have maintained that and to the point he recommended her name and she dropped all things to be able to star in that show, it looks like they have a pure precious friendship there,who look out for each other and have each other's best interests in mind, not suprised as Lee Honey is such a sweet lady she litreally gets along with EVERYONE whom she comes in contact with!

Hahaha he sure is koreas Sean Bean when it comes to tragic deaths, hahah it was hilarious how they had to time travel by litreally killing themselves or getting killed, time travel can be a hit or miss for me but LUTYN is one of the best if not the best time travel concept k drama I have ever come across!

Yeah the Closet was quite a sucess box office wise,KNG was an exorcist in the movie and as expected he did well, he was there a good amount as his role was instrumental to the storyline, his screen presence was good enough for me to continue watching the movie:D

Yeah I guess like you said politics/heirachy like any other ent industry hence he got snubbed, infact I'm positive KAJ got a nomination which only makes it more stranger why they wouldn't do the same for KNG, I had the same complaint for The Pirates as well, he did such a good job in it, he literally brought about comic relief yet nothing award wise!KNG you sure have come along way:wub:

Oh wow I found someone who shares the same opinion about their off screen chemistry, yes the BTS was cute like you mentioned but they gave me a friend vibe I would say more like a colleague Vibe, while everyone was shipping them (don't blame them as they really had great on screen chemistry) off screen I didn't feel the same vibe at all! The fact that many mistook their off screen chem with their on screen chem I think they did a damn good job portraying their characters!

Yeah it's the looks that attracts you but the personality that keeps you:lol:

Yeah that was like his first real rumour with SYJ and the only rumour I believe because of all the BTS and how he kept mentioning her name, it was an open secret at the time and no one was buying it , in the k industry unless the relationship is serious or leads to marriage they keep denying it hence when they break up it would be like they never dated at all! He once said that he enjoys acting over dating and when he was asked the same in 2015 interview while promoting shameless he said he still prefers acting over dating (sometimes I don't get the man).His opinion on marriage was that being an actors spouse is very lonely job  and they shouldn't be blinded by the actors good looks! I am genuinely curious as to who will be that person who will take him off the market:P

I am all for off screen KNG, it's fun to see him in his element, what I would do to see him on Running man!He was so good in Master In the house, I'm sure he will do great on RM!

He has a film that he will shoot before Island (the one with HJW) if I am not wrong, I am not sure about the other , is it the one where Jung Woo Sung is the director/producer or something? Yeah with this pandemic still being the main flavour it would be in his best interest to do this drama!

@jelly Likewise, the thread has been dead for quite some time with the occasional updating of news/info about his whereabouts, schedules, upcoming project! Hopefully with his upcoming projects realesing this year (drama included ) we will have more users being active and joining the thread!

I am aware that Seo Hyun Jin is a really good actress but I don't know much about her both professionally or how she is like off cam, just that she was in a GG back in the day called M.I.L.K, however I do know shs has quite a number of awards to her credit so I will be glad if KNG can partner with an actor of her calibre!

Same here, he talked about how he feels  a little uncomfortable to see other people's private lives and bluff about the life he doesn't live, and it's weird to be bragging about how well he lives or he isn't in his vogue interview, as much as I would love for my faves to open and interact with their fans, this type of behavior actually is what makes me respect the artist because it's very tempting when you look around especially in an industry he belongs were relevancy is everything and is often shown by outward appearance and a need to share anything and everything,such a principled man!!

Well Miss Honey is SINGLE (hahah I am kidding as well) however I would be lying if I told I didn't ship their characters in TFP even though he was a freaking priest, they had chemistry and I would actually quite like it if she starred opp KNG in a rom com, but I don't think that would happen! Yeah she litreally said "Things like character, guarantee, schedule etc.  Nothing else mattered apart from Kim Nam Gil" that's really sweet of her and you know she has high level of trust and faith in him.Glad that the drama did so well

Yeah and the thing about LUTYN was yes it was mostly a time travel rom com, but it did highlight some issues as well which I appreciated!

i actually quite enjoyed the odd family, it was weirdly comical if that makes sense,it was a fusion of diff genres and it was refreshing, light and fun for a zombie themed movie! It's quite sad that it didn't do well box office wise and now I am a little scared that if KNG will ever try out such riskier roles in the future because he did look like he was traumatized by the experience!

I completely agree with the KAJ performance part, no doubt she is a really good actress however KNG was quite instrumental in influencing her performance!

I know that very high profile chungmuro actors make a 

conscious decision not to participate in endorsements as it hinders their acting, stars like Jeon Do Yeon,Song Kang Ho, Ha Jung Woo, Hwang Jung etc  rarely do endorsement deals and HJW was even stated saying that it might bring down his sincerity in acting hence he turns down lucrative offers! I am not sure what's the case with KNG, knowing the person he is from his interviews he might also share the same views as we all know that he has a great passion for the art itself!

Yeah KAJ strikes as someone who is shy especially towards the people she personally doesn't have an equation with and that's why I didn't get any sort of more than friend's vibe from them, KNG was also being his professional self!

He was definitely a fan boy of SYJ and he even admitted to it on camera, their BTS was very telling and that's why I mentioned that she being his co star must have played a big role in accepting the project, IA they did share quite a few personality traits like being bubbly, friendly, sense of humour!

They had great on screen chem and she is another actress who possess great acting abilities so it was nice seeing him work with actors of her calibre, we atleast got a drama and a movie, I was excited that they might re unite for Pirates 2 but oh well.... Normally actors in the k industry end up with non celebs, well most of them, a celeb spouse would understand the burden of being one and that's an advantage of celebs ending up with another celeb, however this guy is sort of an Enigma, for now I really hope he ends up with someone because man looks like he has no plans of settling down:P

Yeah we have seen the drill, good friends, nothing romantic, ridiculous news etc etc and bam they admit it, it's second nature in k dating world! I think most of them don't really agree until it gets to a very serious stage so yeah...his marriage news was hilarious though, dispatch also denied from reporting such news, it was so random that he was making fun of it and he was literally travelling in a train halfway across Russia when he read the news...

Yeah I like his career journey, he has only been getting more recognition and popularity with age, and now 2021 seems like a very busy year for KNG I can't wait for what he has in store for us!

He actually took out time from his photoshoot to support the cause, that's when I knew I was supporting the right man, he also expressed how these issues are a taboo and should be discussed more! He even didn't accept fundings from big corporations for  his NGO as he didn't want to commercialze it! He really has a heart of gold:wub:

Oh yeah the JWS would be The Guardian, wonder what's going on with that project, when is that slated for release....I think they first announced her name as she was positively considering it, KNG might have given his nod a bit later hence why his name was announced later!

@jelly Wow, I really am learning quite a few things about KNG which I haven't come accross before, Thank you so much!! I thought I was boring you out,I am glad your enjoying this as much as I am:)

Yeah unfortunately they are either closed or inactive if they aren't internationally THERE, actors who are internationally famous for their dramas have the thread going and thriving for years,I was quite disappointed with the amount of content on this thread when I first found out about this forum as opposed to some of his peers even though they were inactive at the time, hell some of his drama threads have more content and interaction than his actual thread! Yeah Netflix has realised where the money and intrest is at ATM, K ent is only getting bigger and better and Netflix is capatilizing on it and HEY I have no complaints whatsoever, my Netflix homepage is filled with k content and animes so I am enjoying it! News just broke out a few days ago that Netflix is investing millions now in terms of k content and 70% of investment in Asia is alone going into Korean ent, which is HUGE...I heard apple tv is slowly investing in k content as well and have quite a few shows lined up this year, so I guess either ways we stay WINNING!! Oh my god if it's a Netflix original we can see him playing Jenga, ping pong, couch talk or some quizzes, well all the three ...it would be such a treat to watch them interact, NETFLIX please make this happen and KNG give your approval aldready, it's is killing us!!

KAJ turning down an offer like that reminds me that she turned down coffee prince as well as she had to chop her hair for the role and she was contractually obliged to not mess with her tresses as she had a deal with some shampoo company, quite a bummer!!

Yeah the cycle episode really made me fall deeper, the more I get to know about this guy I am just amazed that such a man exists ...like he deserves the world, there are handful of Hollywood personalities I like and Keanu Reeves tops it and KNG's down to earth, humble, philanthropic ways kinda reminds me of Keanu, the world could really benefit from people like them!! His MOAM co actor whose name is Hwang Seok Jeong literally said this on air , that KNG is such a sweet, humble, respectful gentleman that he needs to spread his seed....and MAM I wholeheartedly agree with what you said right there! Yeah I too think my expectations with him appearing on variety shows is way too high, I should just make peace with the fact if it's not work related then I shouldn't be expecting any KNG content...

I actually respect the fact he doesn't really affiliate himself with a certain religion or politics, even during Pandora interview he told he likes to keep them seperate and the reason he chose Closet was because the exorcist didn't practice or was affiliated to a certain religion, it was unambiguous hence that part attracted him towards the project, if it were religious centric he would have rejected the film, I think that's the reason he took the role of a hot blooded priest as it can be taken either ways but thankfully for him Majority of them actually enjoyed the drama, maybe because Korea is largely an non religious country?

Yeah she got out of a 7 year relationship, damn I actually thought they would walk down the aisle..but oh well relationships are hard especially when they are celebraties! Haha I mean they have a strong foundation as they are close friends, because both of them literally are a ball of sunshine it's so hard to read them..but hey I could be ecstatic if they were to become a thing in the future, she is a sweetheart and they look like they really enjoy each other's company!

However one thing is clear she has high respect and regards for him, for her to drop everything to star in a project with him, just goes to show the man he is (like you mentioned).

Thank God, I thought I was being delusional, I think that as well and KNG at the time was only getting started while SYJ was aldready a superstar so I don't think he was atleast ready for anything serious at the time! That's the only rumour of his I believe plus like you mentioned dispatch broke it so there's that too and his outwardly affection towards her on many occasions didn't help the cause:D

I think the odd zombie not doing well box office wise kinda took a hard hit on him because I remember one interviewer actually mentioning how he quite liked and enjoyed the movie and KNG shook his hand and mentioned how he couldn't get even 500,000 admissions and how he should drink with the reporter nim, he completed his answer with "really this sadness of mine", he actually did a damn good job I am not quite sure why it didn't fare well, but yeah everyone has their lows and highs but I hope it doesn't prompt him for not taking such riskier roles in the future now that he is a settled actor! 

I liked how they brought about the burning sun scandal and incorporated in the drama! Normally CJES only house talented artits and they have a pretty clean record as well so yeah PCW is an exception he did get kicked out though...I was surprised as well, I was actually happy when he signed an exclusive deal with CJ because they are a bigger management company, hence better offers, advertising, marketing etc his previous management companies literally didn't do much so it came as a shock that he left after just 2 years and his best friend Park Sung Woo also belongs to the same company, I am guessing setting up a new company?? But I don't know between the NGO and a newly established company it would be hectic, I hope the next company would be a good fit for him! Oh wow Soop...Gong yoo and KNG in the same companies, my ovaries....HEEEEEELPPPP :w00t: It's not such a far fetched idea though because he is close to JDY who is an artist under the same company and HEY we might get that GHJ KNG CollabB)

I actually don't buy the fact that he doesn't get CF endorsements especially after the success of the priest, he was also ranked the highest actor on Forbes "Korea Power Celebrity", so I think it's his decesion to not be out there...but I maybe wrong! Yeah ads do pay bills but from what we know about KNG money is literally not what the mans priorities at, so I guess as long as there is good work he doesn't really care about other things!

Yeah atleast it looks like they haven't kept in touch after filming, but who knows privately they... did show a professional camerade,it's actually hard not catch feelings while filming all those scenes! That's why actors take a break after filming to see if those feelings were real or just in the moment might have been the latter for them...

Hahah those Bad guys BTS were hilarious, I think he had a good time filming bad guys, the way he literally kept acting like a shy boy after each kissing scene I lol'ed so hard...he can be shy when he wants to!

Hahahhahahaahhaha he literally went on to say he wears tight briefs?? This is hilarious...but so KNG:lol:

Yeah age doesn't seem like an issue because his ideal types have been all older married women (lol) he even said in one of his fan meets why is he behind these married women!! Much younger I am not sure because in TFP when a young girl called him oppa he said I am not your oppa but samchong (uncle), but SJS did end up with someone way younger than him so who knows....he's aldready in his 40s so older woman not so sure about it because he was into them in his 20s, so things might have changed! I just wish he finds a good hearted one because he is such a good person, a non celeb would actually be better as such relationships work long time as opposed to celbs marrying another celeb, it would be cool if they shared the same intrest like you mentioned philanthropic work

Yeah he sent the coffee truck because he was a part of the series (the first one I guess) and one of his soccer friend was part of the line up in which Jang Nara was the lead! Years later they again pair them up , it was so random that even netz questioned if it is the actor KNG or buisnesman KNG lol....I felt bad for JNR thought because she has been subject to such unfounded rumours from quite along time that the women litreally at one point stopped coming out from her house if there was no schedule, I actually appreciate how KNG said it's harder on the women and he apologized when he didn't have to at all as he was also a victim to these rumours!

You really do like MASTERS SUN, don't you?:joy:

Yeah KNG as a demon slayer, hunting and killing demons, a dark themed KNG, I am all for it !!!

Yeah he had gone there for a photoshoot and took time to support and talk about the cause, I swear the women who ends up with him must have saved their country in their previous life..... because damn he is such a MAN!!!! He even mentioned how everyone needs to be paid for the work they do even if it's an NGO because it's not fair to get work done for free...yeah that NGO is really special to him, he has talked about his NGO on various shows, there was a show on TVN which threw some light about his NGO and what it stands for and he talked extensively about it!! Unfortunately no subs though..this is the thing of stanning a internationally underrated actor,the struggle is real!!

Ji Hyun woo?? Aplogies but I don't know this actor, maybe if I go through his filmography... It is weird thought, if it was the other way round where KnG declined and he was offered was believable but this doesn't look so believable to me!!

@jelly Glad your liking the back and forth, and might I say exchange of information:D

Oh wow the shipping thread is pretty long , will have to go through it in my free time, seems like they were a pretty hot and popular couple at the time, didn't actually expect that it was popular amongst international fans, I'm pleasently suprised!!

I remember there were diff modes here on the forum, can't seem to find them anymore :(

Yeah shipping threads litreally cross the individual actors thread in case of content, I shouldn't be suprised either...yeah I was actually quite scared if this thread would be closed due to inactivity, glad it's still alive, I think once it closes you either have to ask the mods to re open the thread or you can create a new one! Yeah I heard about LSG's upcoming drama too, wow he actually turned down a Hollywood offer and is active in the k ent with movies and now a drama which would realese this year, good for him and now its looking very positive for the k industry as a whole , so it's smart of him to be working there for now, and I am sure he has had many lovecalls from HW since Parasite! The one thing I am not getting used to with k dramas are they are slowly coming out with the season format and Netflix almost always goes with a seasonal format and now slowly other korean shows are falling suit, I hope they don't westernise it because we used to watch k dramas as it had just one season with a finite number of episodes and we get closure by the end, the season format doesn't sit right with me because its always up for discussion about the next realese or sometimes if they even have to go ahead with it or scrap the show which then kills the joy!! So the fate of the show lays hanging on a thread..

Yeah tough luck, I actually didn't see her on screen for along time since I last watched her on 100 pound beauty until I watched LUTYN, and then I realised that the actress is KAJ, it took me sometime. IA it does take a strong mental to be able to embrace both your lows and highs with humility and gracefully and only those who endure this will come out victorious, it may all look glitz and glamour on the outside but equally a dark and unforgiving place in the inside!

I actually have a video in which she says it , there was an Instagram post too which translated what she said, I'll link it when I find them, for now the YouTube video, I guess the comments below the video has someone translating

This channel has quite alot of KNG content from his days when he used to go by the name Lee Han however it's all in Korean with no Eng subs :( I guess the uploader is Korean as well...

CSW is another actor I really like , he has quite a playful personality as well I was quite surprised, I thought he would be the serious types tbh Namgil also looks like the serious types upon first glance and looking at the genres he has chosen... yeah I think Namgil has a good balance in terms of variety and hot selling actors like him seldom go on variety shows

I read about the bowing thing as well and how it became more of a routine and the priest was literally taken aback and he asked if he had committed some sin for him to be doing this with so much devotion:lol: It's nice that he is broad minded in that sense and doesn't let it interfere with his work, same goes for politics as well, as an actor when he depicts a character or a story from the POV of a character he needs to be unbiased and shouldn't let personal beliefs interfere in that and I guess Namgil is only practicing that, I did see some catholic priests react to TFP and giving him the side eye for his outbursts but we have to understand that he wasn't a priest from day 1 or even brought up to be one, he litreally came from a profession which was in the opposite direction, and it's his journey from an NIA agent to a priest was shown about in the show and I for one thorougly enjoyed it without getting too much into the religious aspect, but to each his own!!

Yeah 7 years is alot and they were at the age where marriage was on the table, but he seems like a person who isn't ready for it as he always has expressed the same in interview! Oh wow, that rumour is pretty WILLLLLLLLLD and if there is any truth to it, then damn she had some pretty wild days, not surprising though she is very beautiful and she was young too plus the ent world, all the right ingredients:joy: yeah they have a cute friendship going on and they both had only kind words to say about each other!

Oh I had no idea about two dolls, but yeah like I had previously mentioned he does strike me as someone who has a deep personality, has gone through alot , is emotionally sensitive but like you said masks all of it with his jolly personality, by putting on a tough exterior!He started out really really small, he did stage shows, blink and miss roles , very short cameo roles, second lead roles until his big break which by the way was supposed to be killed of way earlier , he has come alooooooong way and his journey is really inspiring! He did drop out of college to pursue acting I am not sure if he finished his degree though...

Yeah it was known among the staff and yeah I too think addressing your good friend as honey is rather weird/strange, they were reported to be seen and hanging out in areas where their houses were situated so as to not draw suspicion so yeah there's that, she also looked like she enjoyed him teasing around and he too looked like he was genuinely fond of her! I guess missed opportunities and not the right time...

Yeah I want him to be able to get recognition and awards this year, he really deserves them!!

Oh I totally forgot about KJW being an artist under Soop, but the thing with Soop is they normally tend to put their artists together in project's, like with the Suzy njh drama this year, Jung Yumi is paired with GY a number of times , this year they again have another project together with Suzy being added so I don't want KNG to be limited to that , I want him to work with as many good co stars as possible so that's my only compliant with Soop that they come in package deals and it's quite sad that there are some artists under Soop who are being ignored like Nam Ji Hyun for one!

Well I remember he brings a choclate milk while going drinking and avoids drinking by talking non stop lol...I hope he isn't forced to drink much to the point it comprises with his health, as drinking culture is really big in Korea!!

Yeah it was a pleasent suprise।for me as well, these international fans got me thinking that he was unpopular lol then I realised these guys don't know artists like Ha Jung Woo, Jeon Do Yeon, Hwang Jung min etc ! That was so sweet and thoughtful of him to contribute his appreance fee for a good cause and as expected, damn we really STAN the right man <3

Hahahhaha KNG can easily get flusteted, the tight briefs still crack me up, I unfortunately couldn't watch the complete episode of AS Inas my phone died and it went in the back of my mind afterwards, I'll watch it now....I remember fast forwarding what the other foreigners acting as diplomats have to say and just thinking like can you guys shut up and let KNG speak :P

Yeah let's see his equation with SYJ on the set when they are filming lol...I remember when he was the MC for KJW and SYJ's movie he kept asking the director to lean back as he couldn't see SYJ (I think there is something in the name lol) yeah I hope he finds a good hearted women like he said he wanted to and lead a good life , I too don't want him to end up being lonely, most his friends who are in their mid to late 40s are unmarried, I don't want these guys to think that marriage would impact their work at that age and especially if they want to!!

Yeah he's all of that and more on the show, the whole group was a pretty nice and chilled out group, it's good that these guys are still good friends!!

Hahahahah while watching TFP whenever honeys character or that female police  officer opened their mouth to praise him I would be like yes girl yeeeeeees, like god please forgive me but seeing him in a priest's uniform didn't help either on the contrary he looked soooooo good in that outfit, he is tall and pretty lanky so it looked like it was just made for him!! Now a demon slayer.....:wub:

Yeah he indeed is a good man, and he always adds this " I am not a good person, please don't assume I am a good person just because I run। charity" and I am like Sir please don't say that because it has an opposite effect on me and I am just falling deeper for you , like that's something a good person would tell, why is he so HUMBLE ?

Yeah I think it's safe to say KNG would have been offered the ML first!!

Source:http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/eng/news/kofic_news.jsp?blbdComCd=601007&seq=1798&mode=VIEW

KOFIC Launches Korean Actors 200 Campaign

Jan 18, 2021
Selection and international promotion of 200 actors that best represent Korean cinema 

cMzQSncdaqmHNzoZacIN.jpg

The Korean Film Council (KOFIC, presided by KIM Young-jin) is stepping forward to promote Korean actors on the global stage. This new campaign, which will be run under the name of Korean Actors 200, is a methodical project that will consist in selecting the 200 actors (100 men and 100 women) that best represent the present and future of Korean film and introducing them to film people overseas.
The Korean Actors 200 campaign, itself a part of a larger archiving plan revolving around Korean performers, will showcase actors selected while taking into consideration their box office power over the last decade, awards earned in festivals in Korea and abroad, their level of contribution to independent cinema, and their participation in international projects. The resulting 200-strong list will be made public in March of this year through a dedicated website. This website will contain detailed bios for each actor accompanied by portraits highlighting the areas where they excel and showreels.

“This content will not only be accessible online”, KOFIC explains. “We plan on providing the same content in a brochure that we will send to people in charge of the world’s most prestigious festivals such as Cannes, Berlin, and Venice, international VOD service providers like Netflix, international talent agencies, and leading media outlets like Time and the New York Times.” KOFIC adds, “We are also producing showreels that will let you have a quick look at each actor’s filmography, and we will provide high-quality portfolios to film professionals from around the world and officials in charge of global entertainment and media companies. We plan to do all that through a platform dedicated to making Korean actors better known to foreign audiences”.

Photoshoots for this international promotion campaign will be handled by KIM Jung-man and AHN Sung-jin, who count among the most renowned Korean photographers. KIM, who won the Young Photographer Award from the Rencontres d’Arles photography festival in France in 1977 and produced a large variety of photo series over a career spanning four decades, is the most well-known photographer in Korea. AHN is Korea’s best-known celebrity photographer who has worked with many stars over the last 30 years since his debut in an advertisement in 1992. Both will throw their heart and soul into creating the photos that will be featured in the brochure, which will come out later this year under the title “The Actor is Present”. The title is intended as a proclamation that anyone in search of actors who can move the whole world need look no further. Work on the book and the showreels is being undertaken by film media company The Screen.

“We expect that this campaign will increase the level of recognition the diverse actors we have in Korea are enjoying abroad and be of great help to those among them who want to make it abroad”, KOFIC concluded. KOFIC has recently launched other campaigns such as Young Korean Cinema, which showcases young people working in Korean film, and KOFIC Supports, which presents Korean film companies looking for overseas business opportunities.

Source:https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/001/0012148255

200 actors representing today and tomorrow of Korean movies

Input 2021.01.19. 9:07 am

Revision 2021.01.19. 9:08 am

Youngjinwi selects actors to promote non-face-to-face overseas

(Seoul = Yonhap News) Reporter Mihee Han = The Film Promotion Committee (Youngjinwi) selects 200 actors who represent Korean films to promote non-face-to-face overseas promotions.

AKR20210119030000005_01_i_P4_20210119090851057.jpg?type=w430
[Provided by the Film Promotion Committee. Resale and DB prohibited]

Young Jin-wi announced on the 19th that it will be conducting a global promotion campaign'Korean Actors 200' by leading actors in the Korean film industry in 2021.

Over the past 10 years, 100 female actors and 100 male actors were selected based on the degree of participation in Korean films and the record of awards at domestic and international film festivals.

The list of 200 actors will be released through a separate web page in March, and high-quality materials such as advertisement videos, portrait photos, and videos that summarize representative works of each actor will be provided.

Young Jinwi said, "This project is one of the archiving projects for Korean actors. It is intended to be delivered directly to major film festivals, global OTT (online video service) production companies, agencies, media, and other people in the global film industry. It has a lot of meaning.”

A booklet titled'THE ACTOR IS PRESENT', which means'there is an actor who will impress the world', participated in the portrait photography of the campaign.

Young Jinwi said, "As a non-face-to-face and non-contact promotion strategy is required due to the Corona 19 pandemic, the special web page will be used as a core platform to inform Korean actors to movie officials and audiences around the world in the future."

@jelly IA. Yeah they do contain some information about the them, it's rather interesting, for me shipping threads can be a bit too much because some of them can't take an opinion and force theirs onto you, this seems rather peaceful!! I was actually late to the party and watched LUTYN on Netflix 2 years back, I really wish it was on Netflix at the time however I see alot of his newer fans praise the drama and some even stanning KNG because of the drama!!

The film has been delayed due to covid and I don't think they are able to attract investors and it looks like it's fate is hanging by a thread, so it was smart of him to continue working in the k industry rather than blocking dates and sitting idle in the meantime, he has a disaster film with Ju Ji Hoon and a show on apple tv based on a webtoon with 6 episodes! Korea is now into webtoon based dramas...

Yeah Island I heard will have two seasons, first season would consist of ten episodes... atleast we will get KNG on the small screen without any long breaks, that I am happy about!!

Yeah it did look like she went under the knife, she was pretty to begin with but with the strict beauty standards in Korea it really takes a strong mind to not be able to tempt you into doing it, the general public are pressurised into getting things fixed I can only imagine how bad it would be for these guys in the industry :(

Yeah I read somewhere a director suggested he revert back to his original name and damn it actually brought him quite some luck (I don't believe in such things) but surely Kim Nam Gil is a unique name and I can't imagine him having any other!!

Yeah big actors have to keep that mysterious aura going on for them or the public will think they are too used so they stay away from such shows!!

Hahah I am sure everyone especially in the ent industry must have had their wild days when they were younger, I mean your young , attractive and are surrounded by other attractive people so it's not a far fetched idea...Yeah I always think friendship should be a solid base for a long lasting relationship!!

Yeah I think all actors do go through that face, a face which they need to show to the public and the real face outside of it and what's more dangerous they have to show another face while acting, if your not strong mentally these things can mess you up!! I am pretty sure off lately he is in a good place after TFP...I too am of the thought that a degree or piece of paper doesn't define who you are, you can be the most educated and still be a piece of trash, yes education is important but don't let it give you so much authority that you think that it is your end all and be all!! Real education starts when you face the world and Namgil was aware of what he wanted to become at a very young age so I don't see the harm that he dropped out to pursue it, because his profession didn't need it , so why waste time?? And he is a perfect example of he grew up just FINE!!!

I don't know about houses being close together, just that they hung around places close to their houses, maybe they took turns..lol!! Normally all these celeb do stay pretty close by as they are high end private areas..

Yeah that's the downside of big companies, and the advantage of small ones..I guess every company has their own pros and cons!! I wish he can find one who can balance the both, I am sure ALOT of conpanies are lining up for him!!

Yeah that life Bar episode just proved what a lightweight he is, he was snapped being carried by PCW after the episode ended to go home!!

Yeah I did watch the episode and they show at the end that he messages that it would be nice if they donated to the cause and I am like when I thought I couldn't fall any deeper for him he just had to do THAT!!!My expectations in men is through the roof because of this guy...

He didn't speak much?? Dammit...then I will have to fast-forward alot, I was an emotional mess after I watched Pandora and cursing the govt for being so responsible!! I can see Namgil going into politics he did say he was intraested at the time but sometimes he just tells something's only to tell later on I wasn't being serious :P Yeah he definitely does get easily flustered, even with male co stars lol!!

Yeah they worked together in a movie and these two guys are pretty close, they send coffee trucks to each other's film/drama sets too!! Yeah SYJ has quite a playful personality and she gets along with all her co stars, she's pretty happy go lucky types too and yeah seems like she has a crush on uri Namgil, so can't wait!!

I watched all of it on dramacool, I actually watched a 60 episode Saeguk drama in which he doesn't appear for atleast like the first 19 epsiodes or so, damn ...the things I do for Namgil!!

Hahha the life Bar episode where he is like choyo?? Choyo?? Yes yes your are erotically sexy Mr Namgil...I really think he is just trying to be humble, he litreally has women half his age simping for him and he acts like he isn't aware but it kind of adds that charm to him, as if he wasn't charming enough!!

Yeah and that's when you know what a good person he really, but with words like that myyyy heart and sanity....

Oh yeah it was mentioned on AS?? I actually thought wow he must be a filial son, I kinda liked that, because normally especially boy's when they start earning are always into spending mode, so the fact he gave his income to his mom at the time!! I am sure that's not the case now because he must not live together with them anymore, it was during his days of struggle which reminds me there is a video of KNG at his house during his Lee Han days and he does a mini home tour and shouts his mom's name as well, pretty funny, he must have been living under their roof at the time!!

@jelly IA, Shipping can be fun and cute when the shippers are minding their own lane and only limit the conversation to the stars they are shipping , it gets ugly when they start involving people who have nothing to do with the ship just to validate the ship, I have seen it happen recently and it has made me averse to shipping and those shippers, so if I am interested in a ship I'll just be a silent onlooker from afar and manage expecatations since it's their profession and that's what they get paid to do , to sell their chemistry to the viewers, there is a whole diff world after lights camera action that we fans aren't aware of!!

Yeah SYJ had aldready accepted the role while LSG was positively considering before rejecting it, they cited the reason that there was a schedule problem!! Leads like Ethan Hawke and Sam Worthington have gone on to sign other films and are shooting for the same, so I guess for now there is nothing on this films front except that they may start shooting the film in the month of September this year! It looks like most of KNG's actor friends are BOOKED AND BUSY, JJH has been working non stop for the past two years or so, I hope he has time to rest but I'm not complaining either :P

Yeah I think that's how it's done shoot for both the seasons as collectively it might have 16-20 epsiodes and realese them in a seasonal format and yes we are getting KNG in action not once this year hopefully twice, wooow pure bliss!! Him in that priest outfit totally gave me Neo vibes, wow I litreally love both these actors so I am more than happy to just nod and agree, it would be cool to see KNG work in a role like that or even John Wick, he showed me John Wick shades in TFP when he went in the enemy's den to catch hold of him.....like DAAAAAAMN, I LOVE ANGRY HURT KNG!!

Yeah that's what I meant by hasn't aged much, because men at his age have smile lines, forehead lines, crows eye etc but KNG's is totally unnotacable to the naked eye and he pretty much looks like KNG in his late 20s, I remember watching his V live and when they did close ups he was literally glowing, I was thinking he needs to drop that skin care routine because guy has pretty flawless skin and has aged so well, his latest photoshoot for his seasons greetings also showed how youthful the man can look!! I think that's how an unproblematic person like KNG ages...

Yeah he isn't vain person in the slightest and that is something I appreciate about the man, he is ready to look dirty for his roles..I mean this might be a fan in me talking but honestly since his Bidam days I have actually never found this guy to be unnatractive even when he wants to, I have always found him very attractive and he is ons of those rare korean actor who can pull out a stache and I was digging that look too!! Such a blessed man

Yeah her nose seemed pretty unnatural and pretty obvious as well, she is a good actress so there's that I guess!! Yeah I am so glad KNG wasn't tempted into doing it, I mean he did say he was back in the day but chose not to pursue it and I am so glad because the man is aldready so beautiful and he has such a unique face as well for a Korean which sets him apart, it would be a shame to see him lose all that to look like one of those manufactured product which you can't tell one apart from the other!!

Yeah I thank the director who suggested he revert back, KNG was made for him, I actually watched Goodbye solo and was plesently surprised to see Kim Min Hee as one of the leads too, wow I didn't know KNG and KMH worked together years back, both of them were so young at the time and have come along way!! I actually really liked the show, I actually like most of Noh Hee Kyungs works as his dramas are very realistic, touch on certain topics and is healing, his character in GS was pretty sad and had a painful past,he did a good job and he looked like such a baby there 

He worked in another NHK's work, it was a television movie called "Several questions that make us happy", I see NHK's repeats alot of people who he has worked with so I hope he works with KNG in the future.

Yeah "Here" would have been a very suitable drama for him, as the man litreally runs an NGO! I heard Jo In Sung was initially given the role but he declined it and it went to LBH, the cast is pretty solid with actors like Han Jimin and Shin Min ah joining, I am not sure what's going to happen to Bae Sung Woo as he was recently charged with DUI and replaced by JWS in a drama he was currently shooting!!

Your telling me we would have got KNG in Three days a meal?? Dammit, it would have been so good if he appeared on the show, the cast would have loved him as he is such a humorous man!! I remember him mentioning the show on K ocean pathfinders as when they were fishing it reminded him of Yoo Hae Jins TDAM episode where he caught a big one!!

Yeah he had listed Loyality as something which is important to him, wow when you think the man can't get any more perfect right??

Yeah I remember SYJ stating that the image KNG has built uptil then was all a lie and he was much like his character in The Pirates!

Yeah he was one of those actors who didn't take  mainstream roles, but forged a path of his own which I highly respect ( I might not always agree but yeah)!! It's a sign watch it, he does look so sexy with that long hair and stache, you get to see KJW as well, your aldready prepared for the ending so nothing will shock you much!!

IA. I have come across other actors stories where they didn't grow up wanting to bs an actor but became one by chance/fate like tagging along a friend who wanted to become one, or getting street casted etc which is all cool but what I find amazing about KNG's journey is that he had decided when he was very young that he would become one and slowly but surely worked his way up and look at him today, he is such an inspiration!! I can't seem to find the movie you mentioned, I have searched for it on dramacool but I couldn't find it, can you kindly let me know where I can watch it?? I have read good things about it and I really salute the man and his co star to be able to do a movie like this in a conservative country like Korea so early on in their careers, says alot!! I have come across fans who say that he shouldn't have done the movie and how it's like a blank ink on his filmography, that's so homophobic of them, I actually appreciate he did such a movie you know he doesn't diacrimnate roles and is so broad minded!!

Yeah KNG strikes me as a free spirit, the man marches to the beats of his own drum, you can't tell him what to do and what not, he needs independence and maybe that was a factor why he left the company and he is not someone who will weigh in the pros and cons and choose to stay in a company because it would benefit his career, or will give him lucartive offers etc!! Yeah I heard too, JJH joined a company set up by one of key East's ex manager or director, not sure, maybe JJH's Loyality was with that person, KNG and JJH are close buddies so maybe yeah!!

Yeah it was cute seeing a guy pushing his 40s act like that, he is one of those few celebs I don't cringe when they act cute because they are naturally cute and do cute stuff around, he will even look cute when he acts like it in his 60s and son on,lol!!

I thought Pandora did well and was nominated to some film festivals as well?? Yeah I would like to see him  also as a goodwill ambassador, however he does things so quietly and far from the public eye that I think he enjoys doing all this without much limelight!! back in the day he gave his voice for a documentary which talked about child abuse and these issues are very dark, I for one can't watch them because I will lose my faith in humanity, I aldready have a very little to start with and it will take me to a very dark place for sometime, so I really respect him for touching on such themes!!

Hahha that lady is actually very funny off screen and I have liked her roles on screen, for her to say such a thing is a HUGE compliment, because we know she isn't a fan girl like you and me to be delulded, she has worked with many korean actors and she picked KNG and complimented him as well, I can only imagine how flustered he would have got!!

Wait he sent a coffee truck to KJH?? That's a very random thing because I had no idea these two had any sort of a relationship, I know he debuted on TV with School 1 and that's why it's special to him and he knows the PD probably!!

Yeah tell me about it, I was so tempted to press the skip and fast forward button, however I actually enjoyed the drama it was a good watch, Bidam was a flawed character but my as* couldn't diff between the character and the actor and I was an emotional mess at the end of it and I thought I would get over by watching his other works only to learn he dies there too!! SIGH... IA I am happy his characters don't have to meet such a sad fate , I low-key get scared while watching his movies or there is a drama announcement, that his character might be killed off in the end!!

Hahahha I remember him being suprised that he has much younger fans when he went on Guriella Date during LUTYN era, I don't know why he thinks he is not popular among the young folks?? I think he has alot of younger fans , Exhibit A - US and that brave 20 year age gap diff girl, yet he is always taken by surprise and no I am not going to call you samchong I am going to call you OPPA, you will be forever OPPA!!

Yeah In Asian culture it's a commonplace infact parents sometimes don't even allow their children to move away,I have seen some pre Debut pictures of the family but other than that he is super private and he did say in Life Bar that in his free time he likes to spend time with family so I think they don't live together, and last I checked his father used to still work!! Hahahhaa maybe they don't watch it together?? I get second hand embarassement just watching some explicit scenes when my parents are around , I am not sure how these guys watch with them in it!!

Oh my god his 2cents on love, he is really a romantic at heart..I remember reading he preferes writing letters <3

Yeah I read that about his view on animal and animal abuse and wow this man really has it ALL, much respect!! The episode on k Ocean pathfinders where he looks like he was realesing the fish and talking to it if it were alive, I went like awwwwwww.....:heart:

I heard he doesn't like fishing and eating sea food:joy:

P.S - I am loving those gifs your adding, keep em coming:wub:

2 hours ago, jelly said:

Found a really interesting article about him!

Reveal hidden contents

Q: How do you feel about your current popularity?

Kim Nam Gil : Since my debut more than 10 years ago, for the first time, i feel good about this (Laughs). Although , we were taught that in this world you can not find your place, but try to make our own. But now, this state im having makes me almost not to believe it. I am really happy. However, even though my life has changed, i still continue to improve a better performance. It's more like a responsibility.

Q: Why you initially used the name Lee Han then replaced it with the original name of Kim Nam Gil?

Kim Nam Gil : I am more like the other actors who wants to use the name of Lee Han in the early debut. However, after all these years, I wanted to act like the mood I wanted, so I started using my real name.

Q: What made you want to become an actor?

Kim Nam Gil : From high school and beyond. One day i got a chance to play theater, after being part of it I was really impressed. I did not know that the theater can have the relationship between the stage the audience's enthusiasm and energy flows.Since then i want to try to see the stages that contain all about acting in any art.

Q: Whose actor do you want to become?

Kim Nam Gil : I love Johnny Depp and Christian Bale. In Asia, I like Tony Leung as his eyes look very charming.

Q: The movie or TV series you like?
Kim Nam Gil : Rather than an action film, I liked the feeling more intense than drama. I was much impressed by the movie .* Failan

Q: Do you like Japanese dramas and movies? Who are your favorite Japanese artist?

Kim Nam Gil : Absolutely. I often work in Jepang. I like the drama "a million stars falling from the sky" . It was a very impressive performance of artist Eri Fukatsu. I also liked the film "Land of the Dead on the road" starring Yuko Takeuchi.

Q: Who is your ideal woman?

Kim Nam Gil : my ideal type is almost equal to men in general. A woman with long straight hair, wearing a white suit, beautiful eyes, a pretty girl.

Q: How do you relieve stress?

Kim Nam Gil: I attend get-togethers with family. I have busy schedules and a little time for my family. But as long as someone has the time, I tried to make up with family. If I am very much stressed, I find time to sing, and sometimes go to karaoke. I do also exercise.

Q: When do you feel happy?

Kim Nam Gil: When I am working. Also, i feel good doing public service activities. When I indulge myself in acting, I can feel truly alive. I feel good attending to social community services because of those smiling faces that make many people happy.

Q: Your character in real life is like?

Kim Nam Gil : I think I'm a very ordinary in general. I eat good food, sleep, and sometimes laugh ...... yah ...^^ a refreshing character. My appearance in TV show is one of the many sides of me.

Q: Does being an actor is your purpose in life?

Kim Nam Gil : No matter how difficult and hard it is, I want to go all out on the acting. It is my goal and I will not regret it! I'm still learning a lot more from senior artists. In the future I want to be someone else. I also want to learn from many actors.

Q: At age 30 this year, what do you feel about your life path?

Kim Nam Gil : This year, I want to go all out as Kim Nam Gil (Laughs). They said when you gets older, you will be responsible for your own image, and I want to be like that. As a man I need to work carefully, and have a good heart. At the age of 30 I want to become a top actor.

You and me both! Right? Shipping is fun when its not taken too seriously imo. I just hope the actors I like on-screen, also are comfortable and have fun with each other. Of course, I've my doubts haha. I'll say that KAJ was def. his best on-screen romantic partner! Even in BTS, they were really cute together. Someone said towards the end of shooting, he got progressively more shy/flustered when he had to do romantic scenes haha. Seriously, if that's the case how in the world did he do his more risqué works lol?! Oh you share the same thoughts I had about it, its their job as actors to sell us on their chemistry. Plus chemistry doesn't mean kissing/skin-ship, more like synergy and matched in their acting together. 

Ethan Hawke too?! Woah?! Anyways, it seems like LSG might be busy with Mr. Robin, and SYJ might not do another project this yr lol? Dunno? I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens by Spring/Fall! Lol, yeah they're booked teehee.

I saw Master of the House clips again, and I thought it was really cute, when he hugged SSR despite meeting him for the first time there. I got a nice chuckle out of there! That was a pleasant surprise seeing him on the show. I wonder since he did a few variety stuff now, if he do more? Of course, he's extra busy so not now. But going on those shows aren't easy, you've to put your whole self out to the public. I assume he was reluctant back then to show himself to the public? Some actors I like rarely go on variety shows like CSW, who doesn't do any of that. It's interesting like in other parts of the world, it's press for their work lol. But in Korea, variety shows aren't more so about their work but also themselves too.

One thing is he ate painkillers/medicine b/c of TFP's injuries. I hope he's healed now! So I'm a bit worried, I noticed he got noticeable more bigger in size since LUTYN. Which granted he came from shooting a film where he had to lose a lot of weight so he looked quite lanky. In LUTYN, he has a scene where after his makeover, he's wearing small waisted pants and tucked in shirt, and his waist was tiny! 

20 Episode drama again lol? I hope after he does Island, he can do a more chill/down to earth genre next. I would like to see in a slice of life drama like the Reply series/Hospital Playlist is like. Yeah he has that tall, dark, handsome vibe to a pat. They did a parody of The Matrix on the show lol. Seriously how the F did TFP PD go from that to BSR?! SMH :3 He looked really good from the look he had there. I think he should be styled like that for Island. All Black outfits look really good on him. Like LUTYN, he would wear several black suits/outfits. I think this was his best styling, in terms of hair/outfits. I would love to see in something romantic again, but with a rom-com PLS!! Not the fluffy kind, but something funny/warm as LUTYN!!

P.S: Has he talked about LUTYN after the show ended? I recall he said KAJ was a good partner with him in his post show interview. Bummer about the cancelled DVD commentary though.

On his looks: It's like one hand, I feel weird thinking of him in that attractive light b/c I think of his charitable persona lol, that's how I first got to know more about him was through that, not his acting weirdly lol. But of course, it doesn't help that he's attractive inside and out lol. And he's done some ahem intense/explicit stuff lmao. But yes, he's aged well. Of course, as you get older, its hard to lose weight. But I think he looks good/healthy. His Shark Days, he was lanky! Also random, I know he's tall, but the 2nd ML in LUTYN was super tall, that it made KNG look shorter lol. Yeah good access to top skin clinics and specialists, as well as diet and fitness play a factor in that. Oh, I mean his acting/charisma make you forget that lol. What I respect/admire, he doesn't care about looking flawless. He's okay with looking messy/dirty/crazy for his craft. Hope he can continue to age naturally and well! His hair for his age is also very good too. 

On KAJ: Sorry for bringing up her nose, I'm sure she's a nice lady. But it was distracting towards the end. But I'll say that her body is nice. That club scene was aces, I wonder if KNG got flustered when he saw her in that outfit ;) Dude is a workaholic, he was promoting MOAM also while shooting LUTYN. But I hear those who seen her in rl, said she's very beautiful. Her chemistry w/ him was so natural/real. I felt like I was seeing a rl couple on-screen lol. No wonder actors hook up on-set lol, imagine shooting 4-5 months w/ attractive co-star intimately/affectionately. I heard that towards the end, the date scenes were ab-libbed by them!!

Oh yeah, I like his unique look too. He has a distinct look that's different from the norm. He can pull off any look. I actually want to see him like a dorky role like Heo Im again. I loved how dorky his character was at times. Ah, can you tell I love love LUTYN. He elevated the show 10 fold!! I hope the solid ratings helped show him lots of people loved him in this show!! Plus, tvN does compilation videos for the show including the kiss scenes lol, on the YT page a month ago :)

Yeah, it worked out in the end! Speaking of, you watched Goodbye Solo? I really want to watch that, but haven't found a link yet. Kim Min Hee!! Love her, as well as the lady in your icon too <3 Noh Hee Kyung's work are human stories, really like her work. Ooh, I just saw, and he did do another of her work. Too bad, he hasn't worked with her since. Switch out LBH, and have KNG as the ML instead lol!! As for Bae Sung Woo, SMH at D.U.I. He has a film w/ HJW/ISW soon too. He'll prob. either drop out of the show or lay low till then. Not sure since Here has also been postponed twice. I think after LBH finishes Concrete Utopia, they'll begin in the Summer or Fall. HJM and SMA are another pair of actresses I want to see him work with!! He and HJM co-hosted something a few yrs back. I think SMA and KNG pairing would be surprising as their comic chops are excellent.

Yeah, I read that NA PD was looking to have him be in the show as a member, but schedule conflicts permitted that. He was filming LUTYN as well. It seems when he's filming something, he doesn't want any distractions. All of his other varieties have been 10-11 days long which is nothing if he's free then. 

He seems quite friendly, in his words he's quite chatty lol. But it does seem he's also like Ha Seok Jin said he can also be serious when he needs to be. As we see w/ his more revealing sides and NGO work. It's a good balance to have in a person, both serious and un-serious take on life. Other than his actor friends, I saw a pic of him w/ other people who I didn't recognize (I assume those aren't actors?), it was taken like 2 yrs ago.

Seems before LUTYN/TFP, the image he had was more serious/dark like SJS's was before (Yes, Master's Sun reference again sorry lol!). I loved the interview they both did, and he was "Everybody, I'm SYJ's first love. Whoo Whoo!." LOL. And his gestures when she mentioned the script as what she liked, he was expecting him as an answer. Both are cheeky/witty!

I admire that, I recall Bidam was a funny/cool role. And he did Lovers UnVanished which is the total opposite, it's on Tubi for free! I hear ahem there are some explicit scenes there. Again, he's gets flustered easily, so I wonder how he filmed those scenes lmao. I've Bad Guy on my watchlist! Hope to watch that soon, despite knowing the fate for his role there lol. 

Yeah, I appreciate seeing actor like KNG and Nam Goong Min, and the likes who struggle/work their way from the bottom to get to where they're now in w/o any connections to begin their journey. As he said, it's the lasting that last long not b/c they're strong but their perseverance. 

As for No Regret: I watched it on Amazon for him lol. Note: The cinematography isn't great. But its a good movie, you see baby Kim Dong Wook too! I found it on Daily-motion PT 1 : PT 2. Not sure if we can post links on here! But if you search No Regret on there, it'll pop up!

IA w/ you 100%. He's an actor, its what's he suppose to do. If anything, I became more of a fan b/c esp. in 2006, doing something like this is controversial, but he did it. His co-star hasn't worked since which is rather sad :( The film was the 1st Korean Gay Film ever made, so yeah it was def. controversial when it came out, I remember I heard about this film before I knew of KNG was pleasantly surprised that a well known actor was in it. Esp. since other KNG/Lee Jee Hoon, actors haven't blown up when taking LGBTQ roles. Thank god you're also open minded! As KNG said, fans reflect the artist as well! It is homophobic, I mean can't we be open minded lol? Anyways, nice that he did a short video for the film's 10th yr anniversary. https://twitter.com/Ramona_Ramona_/status/797702306900930560

Oh wow I have come across this interview before but reading it again really makes me think what a deep person he really is, I love love reading his interviews and I don't mind re reading most of his interviews, because it's like the more you read the more you can decipher the meaning to his answers and each reading gives you an additional point of view which helps you understand the man he is, he is an intelligent man who has his and he has a good head on one's shoulders on diff matters!! The below made an impression on me

Spoiler

Although , we were taught that in this world you can not find your place, but try to make our own. 

Also, i feel good doing public service activities. When I indulge myself in acting, I can feel truly alive. I feel good attending to social community services because of those smiling faces that make many people happy.

No matter how difficult and hard it is, I want to go all out on the acting. It is my goal and I will not regret it!

As a man I need to work carefully, and have a good heart. 

This man really has gone through alot and speaks from experience! Wow he really is a family man, I have seen him being consistent about him spending time with family during his free time, he must really value family time!! I know he has a rather close relationship with his father, there was a video where he called up his dad when he was just starting out and asked his dad if he was proud of his son and his dad replied of course!! Props to his parents for raising a man like KNG, they would be so proud of the man he has become!!

There was this one interview where he talked about a female friend and he told they were so close that they wouldn't even lock the bathroom while answering nature's call

Link-https://kim-nam-gil.livejournal.com/17605.html?thread=36805

Spoiler

Are you someone who can be just friends with woman?
Yes. I have such a friend. Because we have been neighbours since young and even our parents know each other very well, so we are sort of like relatives. There’s this time where I came back home from vacation to find my family telling me that there are guests at home, so they ask me to spend a night outside with her, returning only on the following day. When we are at a hotel, that friend doesn’t even close the toilet door. She even jokingly said that if we are still not married yet in future we should just get married with each other. She’s the only friend that never once forgets to come over to my house to open a birthday party for me on my birthdays. Male friends won’t be able to do that.

I love how random he can get , I wonder if these two close friends are still in touch?!

Yeah Ethan Hawke too, I guess it was a big budget movie, fingers crossed that it pulls through!! I am excited for LSG's drama he is another top tier actor whose works I have always appreciated (most of it) and daaamn his voice it's so DEEEEP, speaking of voices KNG had such a beautiful voice too , it's so calming and sweet, like it can put you to sleep and has a clear diction as well!!

Yeah he was very friendly in MITH and litreally blended in with the other cast mates, he even joked about making him a permanent member on the show and he has such a healthy appetite!! He actually shines in variety and is variety material because he has got such a great sense of humour there is no awkwardness and his bromance with SSR on the show had me in perils, YSH even mentioned on the show that he had met KNG at an award function he was seated on the same table and he seemed unapproacable but now he feels like a neighbour!! The way k ent works is really diff from other ent industries, these guys treat dating as "scandal" lol...sometimes I can't take them seriously, I stan  few artists and most of them if not all are very private and seldom appear on variety show .....in KNG's tone "this sadness of mine":tears:

Speaking of CSW, his upcoming drama looks LIT, I am not a fan of the FL but I'll watch it for him and looks action packed and the graphics are really good especially for a drama!!

I remember on TSPF all these ajhussis were taking medicines frome time to time and that to diff ones, I was thinking do these guys live on them??yeah he actually had a pretty bad accident while shooting QSD or before (not sure) he hasn't recovered from it completely yet the man gives his 100%, I remember him stating that Lee Honey came on days when she didn't have to shoot to keep an eye on Namgil if the guy is going overboard with his stunts and would nah him like a mother :P

He naturally has a lean body, and I have noticed when he yo yos back and forth with his weight loss and gain it shows only on his face, he grows very chubby lol..his body is pretty much the same but thank God he put on some weight, he had me concerned during LUTYN he really lost alot of weight there!!

He does look great in all black outfit I would even go as far and say out of all the k actors he actually pulls it the best, damn that scene in TFP were he and Lee Honey make a deal and they walk side by side and he kinda pushes his long priest robe, my jaw dropped and was repeating that scene like a broken tape recorder....HE LOOKED DIVINE!! TfP really had some hilarious scenes, he even pulled out that ladies outfit and looked quite pretty too and it's so nice he again wore a lady's dress for his fan meet and performed.

Spoiler

BRINGING BACK KNG GOLDEN DISK AWARDS ALL BLACK OUTFIT BECAUSE HE LOOKED "DIVINE"

LIV7O2A1zdBiwXmvYvkRjLlQXYfbg7smQHLyfGly5jqg61X82KP_2qbt8sj6jqyu9MPqdr70bxRxipkzx3gVSoJRLdeSfESk=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365 Kim Nam Gil at the 34th Golden Disc Awards

I don't recall KNG talking About KAJ after the show though, but I might be wrong...

Oh wow it's nice to know you first found about his philanthropic work and that's how you got into him and checked out his works!! For me it was his acting, he really can act through his eyes they are so expressive, I was like damn who is this guy and normally I am first like oh my god this actor is handsoms and then I notice their acting skills but KnG it was the other way round and the man is handsome yet his acting overpowered his visuals and that says alot!!! Then I started digging deep and found he is equally a great guy, there is nothing better when you find out your faves are both good at what they do and are great people outside of it too!! IA he is defination of Tall Dark and Handsome, hahhaha the man is 184cms tall and yet looked a lil tiny in front of the SL in LUTYN the guy must be a giant like tall wooow, there is another actor called Rowoon , they both recived an award 2years back and this guy is mad tall and KNG looked quite shorter in front of him though we all know KnG is tall himself!! Yeah he has got good healthy hair too, I remember during his military time one reporter looking at his clean shaven look while serving the military wrote how KNG is risking going bald and will chances are he will suffer from growing bald in the future, jokes on you REPORTER NIM he still has a head full of hair!!!!

IA, KAJ has a body to die for!! I was going through insta and she had uploaded some pictures wear she was wearing a pair of jeans and a folded top and damn she looked Haaaaaawt...she is in her late 30s and has such a great fig, while me being  young looks like a potato, now she has given me some motivation to exercise:joy: That club scene there is a reaction to by KNG he gave out a squel and she was looked quite flustered lol, I will link the video below! Yeah he loves acting so I am not surprised at him being a workholic, he enjoys it I just hope he doesn't go overboard!! Their chemistry was off the charts and his best on screen partner for sure, yeah like I mentioned before it's difficult to not fall for your LM/LL while filming such romantic scenes and these guys are attractive as well hence why they take breaks from projects to see if they were real or just in the heat of things!! Those date scenes were so adorable it really looked like I was watching a real date and breaching their privacy lol...KNg must have had experience in the department!! TVN very recently uploaded few LUTYN scenes and the views were crazzzzzyy...KNg is really good at ad libs even in TFp he had ad libed!!

I love LUTYN too, it was a really refreshing rom com, I think Heo Nim=KNG, he didn't really have to act, off camera he was exactly like HI!!

You can watch Goodbye solo on dramacool, it's available lemme know if you can't find it, I will dm the link!! The show is good and it had a pretty solid cast!!! Yeah I was pleasently suprised KMH was on the show too, I think she was also just starting her career at the time!! Yeah KTR is a damn good actress and one of the few ones who has great potential amongst the younger lot, her off screen personality is cool too she is such a tomboy, free spirited, bubbly and just so happy go lucky !! She has been a late bloomer too she only got recognised when she was around 25-26 and belongs to a poor family and had worked many part time jobs to make a living, I have mad respect for her and her interviews are good too and the women is so private.....THE STRUGGLE

Yeah I am all for switching LBH with KNG, LBH's personality outside (eeekkks)...HJ actually expressed she wanted to work with Kng and how he was a gentleman , I would love to see him work with SMH as well she is a really good actress and has got a beautiful personality as well to match it!!

https://www.soompi.com/article/1242635wpp/han-ji-min-reveals-kim-nam-gil-different-real-life-shed-expected

I think BSW will lay low for awhile as k netz can be very brutual about such issues and are pretty unforgiving as well!!

IA he has two sides, he can be playful but when it comes to work he can get serious and right to business. Reminds me of what KJW said about Kng in the past 

"But I can't quite seem to be able to figure him out -- he'll be serious one moment and be joking around the next -- so he's like a time bomb. Oh, but in a good way."

Yeah I have seen him being snapped with alot of non celebs as well, it's nice that he has them as well!!

Hahahah his interviews during Shark era was GOLD, he is so witty and funny , he really does know how to lighten the atmosphere!! The man even gave out a shy laugh in the press conference when SYJ mentioned KNG's character was her characters first love, I was like dude "control":tounge_xd: It was nice to witness this side of him though, normally he is like this towards older male female co stars, she was the only younger female co star he acted cute around!! Hopefully we get to see this side during Island:wub:

Yeah I have watched lovers Vanished and most of his other films as well and yeah there are some ahem ahem scenes in some of his films .....:P I know how he shoots those scenes "wearing tight briefs":tounge_wink:

Oh my god I love NGM as well, he is another underrated actor internationally but so glad he is doing well in Korea and this tims he won the Daesang for HST ( what a drama) and Kng presented the award and these guys birtdays is one day apart:heart2beat:

And one of NGM's speech while he won an award and dedicated it to the people who couldn't was just AWESOME, he is another really good actor and a person!!

I have to check if it's available in my region then, I don't think it is though...yeah I actually want to watch it for the theme and KNG!! It's quite unfortunate the lead actor isn't active , I remember he came to KNg's fan meet at the time!! Oh wow didn't know it was the first gay korean movie ...damn , KNG is an LGBTQ icon <3 yeah it's unbelievable how we are in 2021 and people are still homophobic, makes me want to puke...if you don't have something nice to say why say at all??

P.S - can we have him now on the show three meals a day....PLEASEEEEE:tears:

The club reaction at around 3:12

Spoiler

@jelly Yeah I remember when I got into KNG, the first thing I did was INTERVIEWS, you can gauge certain kind of qualities a person posses through their interviews, and his older interviews especially the ones around QSD/BG era were GOLD, they were really fun to read, he has such a diff take on things and I love how honest he was being about and didn't give those standrad celeb answers which really makes my eye roll, I mean his idea type at the beggining was really honest while most of the other celeb always end up with its the personality/heart when we know like c'mon of course it is a great factor but that's not all that is there to it especially in your younger years, however as years went by KNG's ideal type...well..did become one of those standard type (lol), but I believe in what he says he's a very honest guy and it does look like as years passed by he just wants someone who can understand him and the nature of his job!! I like how candid he used to get during interviews...like the female friend bathroom episode looool:joy: That question I wonder why his parents sent him out of the house to stay in a hotel with his best friend for the reason they were expecting guests?? Pretty strange ..maybe it was an accomdation issue

Hahhaha when I read about why he wanted a GF I remember thinking this guy doesn't want a GF but a Mother :P I guess the interviewer also shared the same sentiment and asked him the same question lol

Oh yeah he was linked to SNSD Tiffany and he cleared that rumour on The Guru Show, she was very young around the time maybe just entering her 20s so I am sure he was quite alarmed and thought it was best to add a relationship like a sister and brother and end that rumour once and for all, I heard few other snsd members also visited the set?? I wonder why his name got linked to her particularly?? I mean we all actually fell for his character at the time and that was the reason why they even changed it from SL to ML, so it must have been the fan in them that prompted them to go visit the set and meet the cast members and KNG being friendly (and snsd was the nation's groups at the time) and pleasently suprised by them coming to visit them must have caused some misunderstandings!! Yeah I was quite suprised that he was a family sort of man of course in a good way, that's good that he has a very good relationship with them and takes some time apart to spend it with his family, I think if a person has a strong support from their family then they have won half the battle!! Hahah that track pants thing, i can visualise him staring at the store which sells track pants (so cute), I remember thinking while reading this he really is such a simple man at heart, he has this blue Addidas track suit he has worn consistently from god knows when, I have seen those track pants worn consistently on various occasions!! He said that he once told hia co actors that when your outside the set you should wear clothes that is comfertable and they in turn asked him what was he even talking about lol:joy: Poor KNG, but I totally agree and understand you KNG!!!!

Yeah Ethan is a great actor and I remember he and LBH had worked together and have had interviews too, LSG has turned down that role but yeah I hope the film pulls through!! Yeah about KNG's Hollywood advancement he did say he wanted to work there but later when that topic came up he said he talks things which don't make sense and this was one of those lol, as much as I would like him to work outside the k industry I think right now the world's attention has shifted to the k ent and it's only getting bigger and better from here I would rather see him doing lead roles here than some small roles in HW, as HW is known to do the Asian community actually POC in general dirty but if an opportunity arises and it's a good role it would be great, he did say in a joking way though when Lee Honey advances into HW that she should take him along, lol!!

Yeah I wish k ent obsession with big age gaps just ends, they really have top female and male actors in their 30s and 40s yet they pair them opp with guys/girls who are much younger, there is a big imbalance in terms of skills and acting we as a viewer feel when we watch them!! Just look at CLOY, Choclate, Once again and Run on to name a few, it's so nice to see same age actors work together or around the same age, there is no skill gap we feel, KNG has mostly been paired with co stars his age and elder!! Leave the younger ones to act out with other younger actors

Yeah dating being a scandal is the most ridiculous thing I have heard, I mean imagine calling grown ups dating a "scandal"!!!! HOW SHOCKING.....yeah she was because she hs been subject to many before she was even linked to someone as young as Park bo Gum!! One thing I appreciated that in the award ceremony these two actually shook hands and had a lil chat as well this was after the marriage rumours, that's when you know how mature these two individuals are and that there was nothing to between them!! I heard this was also done to cover up another rumour floating around the time...

Yeah it was HJM who first messaged him if he was getting married lol, his reaction still cracks me up...I too was surprised how does HJM and KNG know each other wooow, the industry is very small I am sure atleast most of them are acquainted with the other!!oh yeah it was Choi Daniel I was talking about the soccer buddy because of which he sent that food truck!! There was a video of JNR talking about KNG being one of the actors she would like to work with in the future though on twitter ( it was a looong interview) if I find it I'll link it here

Yeah I know it's a natural thing but I kinda feel bad that my faves are growing old, huhuhuhu:tears: Actually there was nothing I can say was sort of a revelation while watching TSPF , just their journey and their views on certain things , how they shed away their celebrity image and mixed with locals etc it's a fun watch and I really commend them for spending days in that cramped up area, they could have booked the first class but they decided to travel like how an average citizen would!! KNG did state that he liked gloomy weather and he likes crowded place were he can see and meet people since his childhood!!

Yeah because he is such a perfectionist and Lee Honey stated if it even contributed to increase the quality by a percent he will do it, so it's concerning as well as he is prone to injuries and he has admitted that it takes longer now to recover , he did promise that he will now concentrate on his health and rejected the pirates citing the same reason!! So I hope he is good on that promise....Yeah that was a tiny OUCH moment, I mean she was in a relationship at the time (JK), I really love their equation and how comfortable they are around each other it's great to know that they have been friends since their Shark days, I actually was shipping both their characters when I watched the drama!! Yeah I am guessing Island will have a lot of action scenes since the theme is pretty much action based, I think for the intense ones there would be body doubles!!

Yeah his chubby look is so cute and squishy, I want to go and pull them..lol, for him it easily shows on his face!! Yeah he looked like a snack at the SBS award and even through that mask he looked so good, yeah I actually appreciated that he wore the mask on stage and it was reported that he was also the most responsible one and would minimise interacting with staff for safety reasons during the GDA's, we love a RESPONSIBLE MAN:wub:

Oh I had no idea he had hernia that must have been really painful ( I can't help but remember Joe's episode on FRIENDS when he was suffering from it too, lol)

Yeah lately the man has been dressing really well and he has great proportions so he looks good in most of them, I liked his look when he was shooting with LH for High Cut!! Oh wow that was nice of him to mention and acknowledge her contribution

Oh wow, yeah LUTYN is definitely one of his superior works, I actually read some comments before diving in and some of them were pretty negative, I for one didn't believe it because KNG=QUALITY, I did go with less expectations because of the theme but damn the drama suprised me in the best way, I loved his character development and the romance between the leads wasn't rushed either, normally it is quite slow or very rushed but theirs was just perfect and yes it did have only one intense kissing scene but YOOOWZAAA it was like I was peeking and watching a real couple kiss, it was so intimate,I was sequaling and replaying that part, one of the best k drama kisses for me because both the leads did a good job and looked like they were enjoying it!! IA on the expressive and emotive part, it's all in the eye he's one of those few actors who can act with his eyes!! From experience it was definitely his acting chops/charisma which did it for me and then I realised he is a handsome man as well!! Oh wow the SL looked like he is taller than 6'2 especially that elevator scene lol...yeah KAJ is on the taller side as well , she is 170cms tall and that pretty good height!!

Yeah KAJ has not had any dating scandals in her career as far as I can remember, she had once expressed that she hasn't dated for along time ( I think since high school like you mentioned) and she has no reason to be lying about it and i think she is an honest person, I think as you age and if you have been single for a long time especially as long as she has then it takes that one man who is worth it to get into a relationship, because you are so used to doing things by yourself and so used to doing things alone and have a sense of independence it's quite scary getting into a relationship, especially in your mid to late thirties is time when they would be looking at something serious as opposed to their 20s were they were more carefree!!Yeah most actors avoid any relationship during their younger years as they want to do all kinds of work and be able to work with many co stars as they can, it's pretty sad but that's how it is....Wow she hangs out with Scholars?? That's actually quite refreshing and might I add kind of strikes me as an intellectual, she and KNG would have actually made a good couple in RL!! Yeah IA , even those small gestures made me SWOON.....how are they going to Better this in the future with their other co stars??? You know I think ( and it's purely my opinion) KAJ had a crush on KNG and she looked like she had taken a certain liking for him, I remember around the time she said she likes men who have a good voice and we know KNG is known for his honey like voice!! Yeah if anything I see a newer audience for LUTYN just looking at the views!!

Yeah KMH case is a classic example of "male privalage" in the k ent business!! I Actually think KMH has grown more beautiful with age, when I saw her in handmaiden I was like woooow, she was always pretty but I don't know I think she has aged like wine and had no idea NHK rejected her because she was "pretty" lol because NHK has worked with SHK not once but twice!! I actually don't like how people assume visually pleasing = bad actor and vice versa...KTR is definitely future chungmuro and her journey has been tough and inspiring, in her latest interview she gave her reason as to why she avoids SNS and I was like I have read something on the same lines before, before realising KNG also stated a similar reason!! Yeah I respect that decesion of them...

Yeah HJM is a total sweetheart too and like you said she is known to be into philanthropic activities, so I would love to see them work together!! BSW has another film too, I guess everyone involved are all having sleepless nights because of what he did...

God I feel so bad when I read about his depression phase, I knew he masks all that with his jolly attitude, he must have gone through alot I really hope he surrounds himself with good people who care about him , he did say that he easily forgets all the bad Memories he holds and moves on!! PSW is such a good man, they really have a good friendship going on and I hope they remain good friends in the future as well!!Yeah KNG is known to be very caring man, you can see that side on K ocean...

On OYS he named both OYS and GHJ as his ideal type while shooting for bad guys lol, I think thats the noona syndrome in him kicking in!!

Yeah I have seen KNg get along with regardless of age, profession, gender etc he has had many pictures with guys who work even behind the camera!!

Yeah he can easily get flusteted lol, yeah LJG is another friendly actor, looking forward to SYJ and Kng interactions and they have aldready been acquainted with each other so it will be interesting, we have Im Siwan too, looking forward to some bromance there too, he is more friendly with guys on set...

I'll be sure to check out the page and give my viewpoints About it!!

Lovers Vanished was a good watch, not your typical movie at all, and it's quite dark and depressing movie if you ask me so if your into that you may like it!! Yeah I have watched the shameless and oh my god my heart....they did say that about their scenes ?? Lol, did you see how he was acting around JDY?! I think he was amazed by what a good actress she is , I mean she is one of Korea's best actresses if not the best!! It's cool that they are still in touch and are friends, both of them in the same project now

Yeah NGM has worked his way up too and it's cool when I learnt NGM and KNg worked with the same writer who gave them their hit dramas Good Manager and TFP!! I really hope he and his Gf walks down the aisle, he even mentioned her recently while accepting his Daesang, how sweet!!

I have a subscription to Amazon prime but the thing is some contents are region based, I remember searching handmaiden on Amazon since it was available but unfortunately not in my region!! Oh wow thai.... another language I have no clue about!!

Yeah he did, it was cute that he came...

Yeah it was very sweet of KnG to acknowledge the movie and brave as well, I know he is very open minded and if Korea wasn't this conservative on such matters he would have openly talked about it too,but him acknowledging it after a decade is definitely a sign of support towards the community, now I love him more:wub: I love that he was being unapologetic about starring in it, as he should!! 

Hahahaha I think because if it's the same sex there is no case of any misunderstandings but with the opp there is and there are shippers as well who force them into it and everything that comes around with it!!

P.S - damn BH entertainment is definitely a powerhouse of talented actors, I thought soop was it but BH has an impressive line of actors, now I wish KNG signs with BH entertainment!

Him mentioning the achilles heel gave me some sort of fetishe vibes lol... weirdly specific

@jelly I love the in depth conversation we are having about KNG, I have been waiting for the longest time to meet someone who share the same passion as me when it comes to KNG and there are unfortunately very few international fans, though I have seen numbers have been increasing since TFP and I am so glad that he got recognition for it internationally, he has a solid korean fanbase but because I am not well versed with the language I really don't know what's going on!! I really wish we had a dedicated channel or someone who could provide us Eng subs, his older videos are really good and I would love to know more about younger KNG!!IA there was less monitoring and k ent was more niche and wasn't really known like how it is now so there was more independence as well...

I liked G.S it's a slice of life drama, it had a good pace, quirky characters and had a suspense factor as well, hahaha they weren't in a relationship, he just kissed her once and told the whole school about it and she kinda hates him for it, they have few scenes together and in those scenes KMH makes it clear she hates him initially, poor KNG!! I recommend you watch it , it's a pretty good drama and I would say quite light as well...

Yeah ideal types are silly and this question is only asked in Korea lol and I don't know why there is a need to ask the same thing every time they meet that celeb?? Hahahahah the other hosts reaction on Life Bar is the exact reaction I have when celebs state this line as their ideal type, lol because these guys know them pretty well and I can't blame them half of them are bullshitting, which is why I appreciate KNG's take on it over the years!!

Yeah he litreally stated someone who can cook (if that's not me lol) , he has learnt to cook over the years though and has shown his cooking skills on K ocean so I guess the man can now prepare his own meals??

Tell me about it , it's been 4 years and no one has provided subs , I have been searching mindlessly and have had no luck , I guess there isn't one yet, I really hope someone takes the initiative to do it though, I would have done it if I knew Korean!! He looked good too on Life Bar, that unkempt hair kinda made him look sexy:wub: Yeah it was a random time to be on the show but I guess on Life Bar  random guests appear normally

Yeah that was the only rumour that had weight since dispatch broke it, and my instincts also say that they were an item long time ago, yeah I was surprised too that he and JJH are close buddies, they even hung out together, they have roasted each other lol...JJH is another crackhead who has a fun personality so I can see why they get along and I think HJW is the mutual friend between them as both of them have worked with him and are close to him!! Speaking of random, KNG and Kang Do Won are friends too and he even mentioned his name in an interview, apparently they are soccer buddies (I have seen a picture of them together)

This is from one of his interviews

Spoiler

Source:https://sg.style.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/interview-kim-nam-gil-tells-that-quantity-is-055734786.html

"He lastly added, "Kang Dong Won knows so many good restaurants, and he enjoys searching new places, but quantity is more important than quality for me

Lee Joons "animal Kingdom" will always be iconic and popular among k pop enthusiasts,k netz even to this day use his line , I love how free and candid k pop idols were then , they were allowed to make statements like these without any repercussions or monitoring but now it's so rigid, it's not fun anymore....and I totally can imagine how wild the dating/hooking up culture would be at the end of the day it's the "ent industry" korean or not they are pretty much the same everywhere!!Just imagine the tea the insiders would have access to??

Yeah KHS is quite an unfortunate case, but she is such a strong women, I really love and respect that lady, she is in her 50/just enter her 50s and the woman is SLAYING!! KNG did a movie with her too and at the Baeksang he made it a point to go and meet her exchange a few words, such a respectful guy!! Wow KNG has really worked with the who's who in the industry

Yeah I totally get it when he says being comfortable is more important especially when you aren't working, you then know he isn't a flashy person and doesn't care to potray some kind of image!! About his co actors comments it was during the pandora time and if I find the article/interview I'll link it in this post at the end

Yeah LSG turned down the role as it was clashing with his korean project's, his LA photoshoot behind the scenes was really fun to watch, he's so doorky....yeah he definitely looked like he enjoyed his time in L.A!! That's the thing he will have to drop all things here before leaving for Hollywood and thats a big risk to take especially when he is doing so well here, maybe a Collab film like cross would be cool but other than that it's too much of a risk and the man has everything to lose in the case and with Hollywood's track record at how they treat POC I say things don't look very positive on the that front, that's the only complaint I have, I remember stanning this idol rapper who left everything to advance her career in the U.S and she was just stuck she lost all her time in Korea and didn't manage to realese anything in the U.S, when she came back to Korea people had aldready forgotten and moved on to newer things, because the industry is so volatile and things change so frequently what was new today suddenly feels olds tommrow, I fear they will lose out on what they have going on right now!!

IA for now a joint project like Pachinko would do him good, this way it will be safe and will reach a wider audience at the same time , its a win win situation!!Now that it's gaining foothold in Korea we might just see KNG working in a joint project sometime in the future...

Yeah I would love to see him work with the same age, closer to age actresees who also posses the similar level of skill/ range that way it will only elevate his performance, LUTYN is a classic example!! Nothing against the young lots but they have a lot of learning to do and once paired with such experienced actors their skill gap just becomes very evident and then there is unnecessary hate, so it's in everyone's best interest!! Yeah KNG has mostly worked with older/his age actors ( sans Seolhyun) SYJ would be his first co star with whom he would have a pretty big age gap however SYJ is a damn good actress, I love her works and even if her previous dramas didn't do well, her acting has always been top notch so she will serve as a good Anchor and it will be interesting to see how they bring in each other's best sides through their acting, and yaaaaaaaas all black outfit please and I think I have an idea of how he would look,we got a sneek peak of dark KNG during TFP, now that plus some romance...IM SOLD:takemymoney:

Yeah I love his choices they were rather offbeat, it has lead him to flaunt a very colourful filmography, man has mastered many genres!! Yeah I guess he is playing it a little safer since he is getting older but I totally can see a ahem ahem KNG the man will do it if the film calls for it , in a PCW film it would be by default;) wait when the actors themselves were ready why did the director stop them?? He should have explored more around it....we were ROBBED :(

Yeah the train experience was fun to watch, they played with kids , talked to some people around and one guy even came introduced himself and he talked to them about how korean ceniema is slowing becoming influential and gaining recognition around the world, so all these guys (in a true guy manner) asked him if he recognises LSG and has watched Parasite, LSG even mentioned they were nominated for the academy awards and won quite a few of them, he told No but he has watched Train to Busan loool:joy:

yeah there was this French tourist who recognised him took pictures and LSG was so happy ( that was so cute), there was another korean who identified them while they were waiting for their train , it was LSG and KNG who were seated at the station and this Korean tourist comes and asks LSG's autograph, poor KNG ...I was like oh my god I wish I were there !!! Yeah they couldn't bathe but KNG did once or twice and he was so happy once he was all done, I can just imagine how they would feel going on for days without bathing...they faced a challenge in terms of food, because russian food is more on the blander side when you compare it to asian!!

He did quite alot of action scenes even in QSD...MOAM also had quite some action in it, shamless too and even Shark , actually his other works too (movies) there has been some sort of action in it but yeah not very intense in comparison!! Shows keep stunt double even if the actors are well versed with action scenes so I am pretty sure they will keep one for Island as well!! Hahhaha yeah he and LH have this sibling vibe to them, they even bicker off set...but Lee Honey is a woman who lacks nothing she is a SNU graduate, she can play the kayagum (korean traditional instrment), she is an excellent singer as well, she holds some level of training in taekwondo , of course she is a beauty (miss universe runner up) and she has a very good personality so if it were to ever happen I don't know who is luckier here?? Plus her dad used to work for the NIS and her mom is a teacher at a prestigious university...

Yeah KNG in TFP was a visual treat...yes please we will have so much to discuss and I would love to hear about your valuable inputs and insights about them:)

Yeah he has been blessed with a versatile face, he can look cute, handsome, youthful etc whichever way you style/groom him it's his charm!! Yeah like I mentioned good proportions are key and KNG has great proportions, so most of the outfits looks good on the guy and when I learnt he wore Saint Laurent I was like daaamn, yes KNG in luxurious outfits is also a sight to behold...yeah I wonder why his name was only highlighted and mentioned? In k Ocean he was seen exercising and he showed his muscles as well so I guess he has been working out!!

Yeah I totally agree Island will be the death of us if he were ever to appear in that black outfit and a see a mad, angry, vengeful KNG and plus action driven and alot of slashing,I'm all for it!! Yeah I think he likes to be known for his acting rather than his looks , funny because people who get into KNG is because either for his acting or personality!! I thought that Blue hair color was the lighting lol, he looked like an idol...:P

Yeah I too liked the fact that it wasn't a through and through medical drama , it had other elemnts as well which gave it more dimension and made it a fun watch, it was emotional as well especially when he is leaving for good and KAJ is balling her eyes and says to her grandad I can't live without him and if she can go with him to the other world, such a vulnerable but heart touching moment...now I want to watch the drama again!! Yeah I love that side of him were he isn't afraid to look like a clown and he is like that in real life too and the elevator scene is really cute, he is the only ajhussi I find really cute!! KNG in LUTYN was a gold mine of cute, dorky moments

I went through that shipping thread and damn I am suprised and impressed by her educational background,a very impressing background there!! I am disappointed about the tax scandal but what has surprised me is that there are other korean stars who have comitted tax frauds as well but went on to continue with their careers without any ban imposed on them, so why the ban?? Was it a very serious problem?? 

Yeah I love HJM too, she is a FINEEEE actress herself and has done well both movies and drama wise, I had no idea she was a tomboy type, that makes me like her more?? She is really pretty and damn she really hasn't aged much....yeah a romance between the two would be really something to watch out for and they have fun personalities as well, I remember at the citation awards HJM was enjoying KNG's playful tactics and laughing along with them!!

Yeah there is no definite cause for depression it can be triggered due to any reason or sometimes no reason at all, he faced right after Shark/pirates?? I think he was upset about the low ratings of Shark and it really did take a toll on him plus he wasn't nominated for Pirates, he must have started evaluating things at the time, questioning his choices and worrying about what's in store in the future, he didn't have a big agency or PR to help him and is a self made man, he must have gone through alot of worries!! I am so happy he is now at a better place and is doing well even professionally it's like a reward for all the years the man has struggled for!! Plus he even found a good set of friends he can lean on..it was all in good time!!.

Yeah he wiped his friends RickRoll'D for him and for a sec he showed a face of regret loool but the first thing when I saw that clip was he will be a lovely husband and a wonderful dad!! He clearky loves children, he has been snapped being playful with them on the sets of Bad guy, LUTYN and TFP ...he even gave his voice for a documentary which covered the subject of child abuse!!

Yeah I actually liked that he had/has a noona syndrome because like you mentioned guys in general like/prefer younger women and way younger too, so the fact that he is dated women even ten years elder than him , he seema very open minded ( wow he has literally dated women my around  moms age) yeah his words to that female camera director was really so sweet and inspiring, you know he respects women!! I remember calling Lee Honey a strong woman

Yeah I am positive if KNg agrees to the role , ISw would also accept it and these guys are aldready buddies given that they had alot of scenes shot together and interacted with each other! Yeah ISW looks like a decent chap, doesn't his face and deamnour give you the vibes of a really good man?? Because whenever I see ISW i always think he must be a pure kinda guy lol, he gives me that impression.....

Yeah NGM is hot right। and for all the right reasons, I really love how they have been consitent with their relationship and I too hope they walk down the aisle soon, they are going pretty strong and he is a simple man top, has a good heart!!

Yeah luckily the handmaiden was available in other sites since it is very famous, yeah it totally got robbed , it could have been the first korean film to recieve an Oscar nomination and maybe even would have won a few awards, it's a shams it got all that attention after parasite won at the Oscars!! Yeah KNG did say on TSPF that JWS is a good man with a good heart , I am sure since the both are into philanthrophy they would have talked on various issues...Yeah if I can find it I will surely watch it, I have been searching for the movie From the longest time!!

Yeah he is a free agent as of now, yeah I just hope he finds a company to his taste and liking!! I would be happy if he sets up one too...

About the dating part discussed on that thread, it is highly possible because of past experience he was trying to protect his heart and that's why he was acting distant, but I don't think he was acting distant and I have been comparing it to his Shark BTS, offcourse there is a big difference but again a person can change in a few years and maybe because of a previous experience he is now being more careful and not out there??