Arashi

Guest lilangelover

Guest an801

goodbye, ANS =[

Riida: "Mayonaka no Arashi, C-D-G no Arashi, and finally, Arashi no Shukudai-kun - this late night program, which continuously air for 8 years, will have its last episode today."

credit: mirei_22's lj

i loved that show. totally going to miss it T.T

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AsianMusic4Ever

Arashi <3 MatsuJun<3

One Of My Favorite, Japanese Band^^

I Really love their song "Step And Go".

I Like their songs "Crazy Moon" & "Truth"^^

• 1 month later...

^ Arashi has three TV shows airing at different primetime slots in Japan.

They are appearing is various dramas, movies and commercials.

And Aiba is currently appearing in a play in Japan.

Hopefully, we will have concert schedule for this year out soon. And other singles/cd to be released in the future.

Guest zoopia

Hey you guys guess what? Arashi just released the PV for Monster!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ippzBG-HoA

Arashi fangirls and fanboys, the moment you’ve all been waiting for has arrived. Jpop group Arashi has finally released the PV for their new single “Monster“. A few hours after release, the PV has already grabbed the no.1 spots for “Top Rated“, “Top Favorited“, and “Most Discussed” on Youtube. Can we call this the “Arashi Effect“?

Decked out in black and white, the Arashi boys have once again captured the hearts of fangirls around the world. With their charisma and this time, suave dancing skills.

credit: Tokyofied

Guest cheldee

Heyy Guys !!

I'm a new fan...

I have a question.. Is there a fanclub or website in english i can join that has all info about ARASHI and about there list of songs dramas and other stuff?

What are they doing now BTW?

The fansite Arashidex has all the information you need to know about Arashi, and is a good place for new fans! It contains ALOT of information about their activities from present till now, and detailed sections for each individual member.

Alternatively their wikipedia page has a good write-up on their history and also has an Arashi discography.

For subbed videos, this is a masterlist of all Arashi videos ever subbed and where to access them:

http://we-make-storm.livejournal.com/1723.html

List of current/ongoing activities:

• their single 'Monster' was just released this week
  • they will be peforming 'Monster' on Music Station next week (May 28)
  • they currently host 3 weekly variety shows together (Himitsu no Arashi-chan, VS Arashi and Arashi ni Shiyagare)
  • Ohno is in the midst of filming his drama which is on air now, it's called Kaibutsu-kun
  • Aiba's been busy with his stageplay as well it is ending or has already ended, I'm not sure
  • Nino's currently filming the movie "Ohoku" and has to travel between Kyoto and Tokyo for filming
  • Aiba is a host on Tensai Shimura Doubutsuen every Saturday (he has been doing this since end 2004)
  • Sho is a newscaster every Monday for News Zero (since 2006)
  • All members except Sho are radio djs on their own individual radio shows as well (ongoing every week for the last 8 years)

They are such busy people...3 variety shows a week to film is no joke, and to add on to that they have constant solo activities, when they release singles they have to promote. And when they go on concert tours they have to juggle even more stuff at one go.

Support them everyone :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest liu_xing_girl

to all my fellow arashians...time to save up once again. the boys are gonna release another single. the song's title is To be Free. it was the song for sho's recent mitsuya cider cm. release will be on july 7, 2010. only one version but comes w/ a dvd of the pv & making.

ooohhh!!! that means another pv to watch out for...hehe!

also, have you guys watched arashi ni shiyagare w/ shimura ken episode? if you still haven't i suggest you watch it. it's really funny, especially the "make-up" portion :lol:

Guest JacobCampbell

my fav songs are:

Be with you

Troublemaker

Step And Go

Sakura Sake

Truth

One Love

Wish

Crazy Moon

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tamakino

I am a devote fan of Arashi =3  I just love me some MatsuJun.

If it wasn't for HanaDan I would have missed out on Arashi, and dramas all together.

Guest angelblues13

hi guys!!!

just a new fan ♥ARASHI♥

hehehehehe

can I ask for links of their shows?with subs?(if there's any)

thanks a lot

I ♥ JUN MATSUMOTO ♥

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys!!!

just a new fan ♥ARASHI♥

hehehehehe

can I ask for links of their shows?with subs?(if there's any)

thanks a lot

I ♥ JUN MATSUMOTO ♥

Hm, you might want to specify which show you want. Arashi has TONS of shows. You can find lists of their shows in a lot of places, I mean, it's on their Wiki page too. They have variety shows and dramas. For dramas, you can always go to My Soju or a place like that. For variety, you have to look around, or you can join an Arashi forum (such as Aibakaland) and get permission to download shows with subs. I use Todou a lot for variety shows, but that is with chinese subs.

• 1 month later...
Guest SuperDucky

There are many Arashi LJ communities that sub Arashi variety videos...

For most of the communities you have to join them and download the videos, and connect it through HJ Split.

But the videos are for personal viewing only, its best not to upload to video streaming sites. ^^

You can google them and the results show tons of Arashi LJ Communities!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest v6daisuki@hotmail.de

Hey guys~!

I really need your help >^.^< I'm writting now my bachelor-thesis about fans from Johnny's groups in (South-) Eastasia and I would be very, very happy, when you have a few minutes time to fill my poll. All data are 100% anonym !!!!

When you come from China and Hong Kong, please go here.

From Southkorea please here.

From Indonesia & Singapore please here.

From The Philippines & Malaysia please here.

and from Thailand & Vietnam please here.

To send the poll, please click on "abschicken"

Thank you so much~! You help me a lot~!!!

• 6 months later...

what is thiiiissss~~~~~~

why is the thread of the best selling asian group so..quiet???

Arashi’s “Nippon no Arashi” book sells over 200,000 copies in just 4 days

20110706_nipponnoarashi.jpg

Back in May, tokyohive reported on how popular group Arashi would start selling their book, “Nippon no Arashi”, on June 30th. Four days after it hit shelves, “Nippon no Arashi: Pocket Version” sold over 237,000 copies and has topped the Oricon book charts for the week of July 11th. This is their first book in nearly three years since their photo album, “Arashi 5-dai Dome Tour Shashin Shu: ARASHI IS ALIVE!”. So far, “Nippon no Arashi” is this year’s bestselling book.

Arashi’s latest book is a pocket version of a book that was created exclusively last fall for Japan’s elementary, junior high, and high schools. At first, the aim for this book was to create “a book that would be read in school libraries” and so it was distributed through 40,000 schools across the nation. However, due to the extraordinary public demands for the book, Arashi decided that they would create a ‘pocket version’ and donate its profits to the Tohoku relief charities.

“Nippon no Arashi” is based on the members’ trip through Japan, and so revolves around five different themes. The themes were “Ohno Satoshi X Japan’s Manufacturing”, “Aiba Masaki X Japan’s Welfare and Care”, “Matsumoto Jun X Japan’s People”, “Sakurai Sho X Japan’s Agriculture”, and “Ninomiya Kazunari X Japan’s Entertainment”. The members sought to show as many readers as possible the “beauty and kindness of Japan”.

Congratulations, boys!

Source & Image: Oricon News

cr : tokyohive

Arashi’s video message to be shown in over 133 countries!

by ustar on July 11, 2011 at 9:51 am

20110711_arashi_message-600x335.jpg

On July 11th, a press conference took place for “Message from Japan“, a video message produced by the Ministry of Foreign Affair’s Japan Tourism Agency, starring the popular Johnny’s group Arashi.

In order to help with the slump in tourism after March’s Tohoku Earthquake, Arashi introduced places from all over Japan to show the world the charm of these various areas. The film will started broadcasting on the big screen in New York City’s Times Square, and will be shown in over 133 countries and regions around the world.

-

The objective of this film will be to convey gratitude to foreign countries for their support after the Tohoku Earthquake, and to invite foreigners to visit Japan. A Maneki Neko was used as a symbol of good luck, delivering a welcome message to the world.

In the film, Matsumoto Jun enjoys an asparagus genghis khan in Hokkaido, Ninomiya Kazunariexperiences a festival in Aomori with the locals, Ohno Satoshi participates in Zen meditation and a tea ceremony in Kyoto, Sakurai Sho savors local dishes in Kagoshima, and Aiba Masaki makes a giant Maneki Neko with children at Mibaru Beach in South Okinawa.

“Message from Japan” will gradually begin airing on monitors in airports and diplomatic establishments in countries all over the world on July 11th at 10:30 AM JST.

Take a look at the film below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfE3LMoD1Fc&feature=player_embedded

cr : tokyohive

no surprise here~~ arashi pawns all  tongue.gif

Arashi’s latest album, “Beautiful World” sells over 631,000 copies in its first week!

by halicolipocky on July 11, 2011 at 5:48 pm

20110626_beautifulworld.jpg

Arashi’s newest album, “Beautiful World”, which went on sale on July 6th, has now sold over 631,000 copies for its first week and topped Oricon’s weekly album ranking for the 18th.

This is their third consecutive album which sold over 500,000 copies in its first week with the first album being their best album, “All the BEST! 1999-2009” (released on August 2009, 753,000 copies) and their previous album, “Boku no Miteiru Fukei” (released on August 2010, 731,000).

Since the release of Mr.Children’s album, “HOME” (released March 2007, 693,000), this accomplishment has not been broken by any other artist than Arashi in a period of four years and four months.

Arashi has been topping Oricon’s album chart for nine consecutive albums, and “Beautiful World” has the best first week sales among all the albums that were released this year.

This latest album is their first album since “Boku no Miteiru Fukei” (sold total of 1,116,000 copies as of now) and includes a total of 18 songs such as “Lotus”, “Hatenai Sora”, and “Dear Snow”. It also includes one solo track for each member like Ohno Satoshi’s “Hung up on” and Aiba Masaki’s “Janakute”.

Congratulations, Arashi for this accomplishment!

Source: Oricon News ; Cr : Tokyohive

Oricon reveals the weekly charts for July 18th

by peachsoda on July 13, 2011 at 12:10 am< Album Weekly Ranking >

20110626_beautifulworld-370x275.jpg

1. “Beautiful World” – Arashi : 7/06 (630,951)

2. “Born This Way” – Lady Gaga : 5/23 (31,733)

3. “Thank you, Love” – Nishino Kana : 6/22 (29,005)

4. “GIRLS’ GENERATION” – Shoujo Jidai : 6/01 (21,761)

5. “Mind Travel” - Superfly : 6/15 (19,875)

-< Music DVD Weekly Ranking >

20110712_uverworld_lasttour-353x275.jpg

1. “LAST TOUR FINAL at TOKYO DOME” - UVERworld : 7/06

2. “AKB ga Ippai ~The Best Music Video~” - AKB48 : 6/24

3. “ap bank fes ‘10” - Bank Band with Great Artists : 7/06

4. “ARASHI 10-11 TOUR ‘SCENE’ ~Kimi to Boku no Mite Iru Fukeiki~ DOME+” – Arashi : 6/15

5. “’SKE48 ni, Ima, Dekiru Koto 2011.05.02 @ AKASAKA BLITZ” – SKE48 : 7/08

Source : ORICON ; Cr: Tokyohive

All in the top 5 wub.gif sugoi neee~~~

Who snagged the most CM deals in the first half of 2011?

by HPriest on July 14, 2011 at 3:42 pmThe media analysts over at ‘Nihon Monitor‘ published their list of the most-coveted celebrities for commercials during the first half of 2011.

The top winners of both of the male and female rankings should look familiar to those who remember similar rankings from  recent years. Pro golfer Ishikawa Ryo topped the men’s ranking with a total of fourteen deals, while actress Ueto Aya did the same in the female ranking with thirteen commercial contracts. Both have been known as the commercial king and queen for several years now, and topped this particular ranking for the third consecutive year.

Actor Mukai Osamu’s fame has increased a lot since his role in the morning drama, “Gegege no Nyobo“. He climbed to  second place by increasing his commercial deals from seven to an amazing number of eleven. Of course, all the members of Arashi made it into the top five as well, with Sakurai Sho and Ninomiya Kazunari sharing third place with ten deals each.

Note: The measurement counted all commercials on NTV, TBS, Fuji TV, TV Asahi, and TV Tokyo; these do not include the appearances in and promotions for their own CDs, DVDs, music downloads, movies, music videos and so on.

-

Top 5 Male Celebrities With The Most Commercials

01 – Ishikawa Ryo (14)

02 – Mukai Osamu (11)

03 – Sakurai Sho (10)

03 – Ninomiya Kazunari (10)

04 – Kimura Takuya (9)

04 – Aiba Masaki (9)

04 – Sato Takeru (9)

05 – Ohno Satoshi (8)

05 – Matsumoto Jun (8)

05 – Miura Haruma (8)

05 – Ichiro (8)

Source: N-Monitor via Oricon ; Cr: Tokyohive

Final batch of Arashi’s “Android au” CMs unveiled!

by halicolipocky on July 11, 2011 at 7:49 pmSource: Android au Official Website00delete11196-600x333.jpg

On July 11th, the official website for ‘Android au‘ unveiled the third and final sets of Arashi’s CMs.

This time, the members of Arashi speak different languages, draw pictures of animals, and even sport a ‘fro.

Check out Arashi’s hilarious characters and futuristic phones below!

==

http

htt

http:/

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sij2Bj4CJL4&feature=player_embedded

Source: Android au Official Website ; cr : tokyohive

Archived