[drama 2007] White Tower [ 하얀 거탑]

shirley

Guest byul_fan

i started to like KMM b'cuz of Beethoven virus..so i decided to giv this one a try..there's so many recommendations out there about this drama..so, i was wondering is there a place where they upload direct download links with subs or probably places where i can watch them?..i've searched crunchyroll and viikii...and even mysoju...but i prefer to download the episodes..

thanx... :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which set has the accurate chinese subtitles? The Innoform set? Is the difference big? If yes, I want that too. :)

ya the innoform set . well i think to me it make quite a difference .lol i dont really switch to the english subtitles till now . so that when i realise it is not really the same .i mean most of it are , just differ in the structure of the sentence .and it varies .but the speech between the father in law and dr jang , there is a certain difference in the translation . later i will write it out for you . maybe you can tell me what the yesasia version is ..^

and maybe someone can tell us what is the correct korean version translated

Thank you shirley for the summary...

It clarified a lot of things for me...^^

I will have to rely on you for understanding this drama...

But one thing I don't understand is why did Dr. Jang's father in law asked if Dr. Jang had a mistress, if he was the father in law?

And the group of women....what is the purpose of their meetings?

Is it just a place for gossip or something? -__-

*you are welcome . i am glad it help to make you understand it better .~

He was awared & in acceptance of Dr Jang having a mistress and I guess he knew that his incapable daughter is not an ideal wife to Dr Jang.

here my opinion on why he said that .because to him . it is normal for success man to have mistress nothing to make a fuss over (sometimes i think to men like these , having mistress also indicator of success lol in a strange werid way ) , . which did make me think .er he might used to have or is still having some mistress kept outside too.

.i feel.it isnt that he think his daughter is not ideal wife or not , i believed he does dote on his daughter but man business is another thing . having mistress is a man business . but i think you are right to say . he does see also in Dr Jang . a son . more then a son in law .

I thought he asked if Dr. Jang had a mistress, since Dr. Jang seems to have married the other Dr.'s daughter, with the designer handbag, for connections and improving his prospects and a brief case full on money. lol.

WhiteTower_Ep01_HDTV_XviD-SUNavi-50.jpg

Ah . no , indeed Dr Jang 's wife is his daughter . before this scene . his daughter aka Mrs Jang was in his office..asking him for dinner .and planning to call her husband too .but her father said he has another appt ...and which is his son in law ..lol that is Dr Jang and she wanted to come along . he just say this is men's business .(jokingly ) .he doted on his daughter ..but i think to him ..men 's business is men business ..

the briefcase of money was his way of showing Dr Jang , he is prepared with the financial power to fight for the real power .aka his position of chief of department .

WhiteTower_Ep01_HDTV_XviD-SUNavi-51.jpg

WhiteTower_Ep01_HDTV_XviD-SUNavi-52.jpg

the other pair of father and daughter .loll it was quite funnie how yoo jin teased her father . about she is not looking for a husband custom- make to fit into the row of photos up there . ( haha notice how the camera turned to the pictures of the lee family generation of doctors . ) hahah i think if i rem correctly her father did say .well .....we do prefer that your future husband is a doctor if possible ..(something along that line ) .

ah ...in the last scene when Prof Lee was meeting with Deputy Director , you can know from their conversation .how the human factor .are from generation to generation . ..Prof Lee's father helped Deputy Director ..and in turn Deputy Director supported Prof Lee ..in his position . .

Guest kdramafanusa

ya the innoform set . well i think to me it make quite a difference .lol i dont really switch to the english subtitles till now . so that when i realise it is not really the same .i mean most of it are , just differ in the structure of the sentence .and it varies .but the speech between the father in law and dr jang , there is a certain difference in the translation .

I will type up the subs for Dr Jang & Father-in-law scene.

I will watch episode 1-2 of White Tower in a bit, I will comment more afterwards.

I also have the YA Entertainment set for Damo, but I heard that the Chinese subs are preferred in certain scenes; I guess some wordings can't be conveyed via English. AHHH. That drives me nuts because I also want to see the better/more-accurate version. Shirley, I'm obsessed with WT & Damo - I want to have every possible edition. lol.

Thanks Shirley for everything. :)

i was wondering is there a place where they upload direct download links with subs or probably places where i can watch them?

Hi byul_fan, the english subbed version isn't available for download.

English subbed White Tower is licensed by YA Entertainment, we as fans are not allowed to upload it.

MBC Global Caption charges a fee (about US$1.40 per episode) for streaming/download the English subbed version.

Charged Service (Charged by individual episode only)

1) VOD Download

2,000 won : 7days after payment

2) VOD Streaming

2,000 won : 6 hours after payment

* Play restriction: The program can be downloaded and played only to the paying user’s PC.

http://caption.imbc.com/eng/Contents.aspx?...e=DRAMA00002849

Guest kdramafanusa

hi gals...abt the innoform version....anyone knows where is s'pore can i get it..?

Hi, I'm not in Singapore but their website says that Movie Video and Drama are available at:

http://www.innoform.com.sg/whereToBuy.php

~~~~~

For fans who plan on buying the DVD set, please be careful. There are bootleg versions on the market.

These are the only official releases that I know of, please post if there are more.

1) YA Entertainment (North America)

http://www.yaentertainment.com/catalog/whitetower.html

l_whitetower.jpg

2) Innoform (Singapore)

http://www.innoform.com.sg/productDetails.php?PRODUCTS_ID=68

Behind_DVDcover%20(192%20x%20252).jpg

3) Korean version

4) Japanese version

I don't think there's a version from PMP Entertainment (Malaysia) yet, this is their catalog.

-----

One of the bootleg versions:

4900e686c5d0786453n3c92om9.jpg

Guest kyliehp

Just like everybody else, after seeing Kim Myung Min in Beethoven Virus, I want to watch this so badly.

Does anybody have the link to this drama? Clubbox is ok too.

Thank you

Thank you, shirley, for the fantastic summaries. It's great watching a drama with you again. :D

I wasn't too thrilled about the directing at first, but the actors more than make up for it. :)

Love Dr. Jang's walk (distinctly different from Kang Mae's walk :lol:).

Deputy Director Wu's character takes some getting used to because I'm so used to seeing Kim Chang Wan in quirky, endearing roles...rather than the sugar-tongued serpent he plays here. :blink:

Why did he contradict Chief Lee at the meeting and not nominate Dr. Jang to be transferred, even though he was angry with him for doing the surgery behind his back....only later to use the painting as an excuse to send Dr. Jang to the branch?

And do we know who gave DD Wu the box of "cake" - it was filled with money, right?

I must admit, I was a little distracted at the wine bar scene...KMM was brilliant, but I was distracted by my curiosity about what wines they had there. :blush: My husband walked in the room during that scene and also said, "I wonder what wines those are..." :lol:

hi gals...abt the innoform version....anyone knows where is s'pore can i get it..?

Hi SuperMan6,

I checked with the stores in Singapore. The DVDs sets are sold out and there are only limited numer of VCD sets (Innoform Media) left at selected Poh Kim outlets. You can call their HQ at 6842 1288 to check availability. Hope that helps.

Guest SuperMan6

Hi SuperMan6,

I checked with the stores in Singapore. The DVDs sets are sold out and there are only limited numer of VCD sets (Innoform Media) left at selected Poh Kim outlets. You can call their HQ at 6842 1288 to check availability. Hope that helps.

the stores u called hav no intention of restocking the DVD sets rite...? i prefer DVD becos of greater clarity and the eng subs...oh wells :unsure:

thx for the info :D

Seem like there are many ppl here from the" Land of Merlion." or "tiny red dot" in the map .

Thanks for the info, babylu.. I prefer DVD too.

Guest kdramafanusa

Repost from KMM thread; thanks Virvir111, El Dia, Zombie.

10 Magazine's 10 Outshining People Of 2008

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=263171

MAESTRO KANG

11ut1.jpg

2007 mbc WHITE TOWER's Jang Joon Hyuk brought new phenomenon into the korean dramas.

MBC BEETHOVEN VIRUS was Korea's first classical music drama.

WORLD's notorious perfectionist in the world of classic orchestra, MAESTRO KANG.

The Character that Kim Myung Min had made for KANGMA took over the viewers hearts.

Perfect acting, character styling and charismatic pose lured in viewers like magnet.

His hit phrases " Piece of Poo Virus" and " Maenism" was a hit.

Instead of beating the huge rating of his 2007 drama WHITE TOWER, through BEETHOVEN VIRUS Kang was able to bring in the ever so hard mid aged male viewers.

The drama as a whole captured the hearts of both male and female drama fans.

Even though KIM MYUNG MIN (Maestro Kang) did not act in the typical 'korean national drama' (meaning representing korean family-esq dramas), he immediately became the "national actor".

Kim Myung Min could possibly be the only actor that can in the future make any of his drama become the next "korean national drama"..

Guest piano_lady

Muchos gracias to Shirley for that wonderful recap!

here my opinion on why he said that .because to him . it is normal for success man to have mistress nothing to make a fuss over (sometimes i think to men like these , having mistress also indicator of success lol in a strange werid way ) , . which did make me think .er he might used to have or is still having some mistress kept outside too.

.i feel.it isnt that he think his daughter is not ideal wife or not , i believed he does dote on his daughter but man business is another thing . having mistress is a man business . but i think you are right to say . he does see also in Dr Jang . a son . more then a son in law .

I was also confused with the issue of Dr Jang's wife.

Thanks for the clarification.

But didn't Dr Jang's boss and the Dep Dir know that Dr Jang's wife works in that wine place?

Hmm...I don't remember if she's part of the women's organization....

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l126/kor...D-SUNavi-51.jpg

the other pair of father and daughter .loll it was quite funnie how yoo jin teased her father . about she is not looking for a husband custom- make to fit into the row of photos up there . ( haha notice how the camera turned to the pictures of the lee family generation of doctors . ) hahah i think if i rem correctly her father did say .well .....we do prefer that your future husband is a doctor if possible ..(something along that line ) .

Goodness, I really didn't read any spoilers aside from the ending...but when I saw Yoo Jin, I thought that she would become Dr Jang's girl later on...Omo!

Sorry peeps...I'm just thinking our loud ;)

Can't wait to watch ep02 tonight ;)

Count me in on the WT watch! :D

The set arrived today... Customs didn't check it properly, though they opened it. :sweatingbullets: I'm really grateful for all the many x-mas packages that currently make it overseas. :)

I probably won't be able to watch the first episodes until the weekend, though...

Guest piano_lady

hehe...kanshu, i think i drank too much pina colada tonight! LOL :lol:

I corrected my error..hehe...

Ei, your DuRuMi looks SO CUTE!

The violin really suits her ^^ :)

I was also confused with the issue of Dr Jang's wife.

Thanks for the clarification.

But didn't Dr Lee and Dr. Wu know that Dr Jang's wife works in that wine place?

Hmm...I don't remember if she's part of the women's organization....

I rewatched part of episode 1 and i realized that I got confused with the wife and gf of Dr. Jang... hehe

After rewatching it (and paying more attention to the characters :P ) I can now tell apart the two ladies :lol:

Regarding episode 2, I was almost in tears when I watched the ending!

I wanna strangle the super scheming Dr. Wu! :fury: :angry:

WhiteTower02_023.jpg

Dr Jang after operating Yoo-Jin

Currently there is just too many new k/dramas to catch up, may have to watch WT in a much slower pace for me.

I am also rewatching BV now. :lol:

I had gotten my relative to get the DVD fr HK, yet to collect it from her, but strongly suspect it s a bootleg version with bad english subbing...since it is so cheap. :rolleyes:

Hence, may still have to depend on summaries here to comprehend better.

Archived