shirley

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest theflamealchemist

I finally finished WT on Friday....

I cried so much... :tears:

It was very depressing watching him slowly deteriorate, while being lied to by everyone around him...

The scene where he's talking to Dr.Choi and finds out that he's going to die....

WAHHHHHH!!!

I think the line that really stuck with me is when Dr.Jang asks Dr.Choi "Do you think my patients trusted me?"

It's like he truly realizes what being a patient is like... :tears:

When he talks to his mistress (the lady who works at the bar), I felt like it was Kangmi all over again...Poor KMM putting his hand on his chest.... *grabs a million tissues*

And when he starts losing his memory....*sniffle*

I knew he was going to die way before I even started this drama, but....

I thought it was SO sad when he started spazzing out and being delirious, unable to recognize anyone during his last moments....Though I think right at the end, he recognized Dr.Choi and then died.... :tears:

In his letter to the Director of Pathology, it seems he realized a lot of things...

He donated his body, I believe?This was my first medical drama...and a drama that I consider as great as BV.

I don't think I'll be able to enjoy any other drama as much as those two....

Now I have no idea what to watch next...Everything else seems so boring and uninteresting....

Guest cdnk1004

hey guys...i recemtly started watching this drama and it is wicked! however i didn't know how to write on the actual forum as i am new..if anyone can help me thanks in the meantime..

-jahyeMar 22 2007, 11:07 AM

Kim Myeong Min interview on SBS �생방송 TV연예�

Download from megaupload or gigeshare (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TJX86N5S) if anyone can reactivate this site

-dramaok Mar 17 2007, 07:18 PM

With the radio DJ Choi Hwa Jung.

The DJ seems to be a genuine fan of White Tower and a bigger fan of KMM.

KMM as Choi Do Young?? After seeing him be Jang Joon Hyeok, the image of KMM as Dr. Choi doesn't feel right.

Kmm would like to work with Shim Eun Ha but she's retired.

It's a radio show where they record on tape as well! I was able to get the video from dcinside.

Download from megaupload or gigeshare (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RJRD63XL) and this as well

that will be greatly appreciated thank you!

I finally finished WT on Friday....

I cried so much... :tears:

It was very depressing watching him slowly deteriorate, while being lied to by everyone around him...

The scene where he's talking to Dr.Choi and finds out that he's going to die....

WAHHHHHH!!!

I think the line that really stuck with me is when Dr.Jang asks Dr.Choi "Do you think my patients trusted me?"

It's like he truly realizes what being a patient is like... :tears:

When he talks to his mistress (the lady who works at the bar), I felt like it was Kangmi all over again...Poor KMM putting his hand on his chest.... *grabs a million tissues*

And when he starts losing his memory....*sniffle*

I knew he was going to die way before I even started this drama, but....

I thought it was SO sad when he started spazzing out and being delirious, unable to recognize anyone during his last moments....Though I think right at the end, he recognized Dr.Choi and then died.... :tears:

In his letter to the Director of Pathology, it seems he realized a lot of things...

He donated his body, I believe?This was my first medical drama..

I don't think I'll be able to enjoy any other drama as much as those two....

Now I have no idea what to watch next...Everything else seems so boring and uninteresting....

yes he did . donated his body for research i think there is a man named Jang Jung Hyuck and there is a doctor named Jang Jung Hyuck , he became a doctor with all the purest intention to heal and to cure , but then the man named Jang Jung Hyuck was distracted and tempted and he choose his path ... you can say that circumstance make him choose the path but then ..if he doesnt have that inner ambition that consumed him ,then maybe things might be different . the more mistake he make , the more mistake he had to make to cover it .

the most beautifiul was that when he was at his weakest , the people around him are just his friends and family . no more enemies or viticms anymore . Dr Jang Jung Hyuck was indeed respected by his peers

everyone has his/her ambition ..it depend on how far you will go to reach for that highest .Jang Jung Hyuck reached for the highest and it was nearly within his grasp ., he sweat and toiled and he is gifted ,naturally he should reach for the highest , i never deny that he is entitle to his dream because he deserved it .

..but he lost him own humanity ..and that why you teared and cried for the loss of such a man who is actually so human .and weak as you might also be .

i see always Dr Choi as a symbol that it can also be a path that Dr Jang could have taken but then ..is it personality or just destiny that make Dr Jang or Mr Jang choose whatever he had choosen .. does he have any regrets at the end ? ..there is another letter he had sent. a letter of appeal ...which shows ..he still believed he wasnt wrong,as a doctor , his diagnosis wasnt an act of neligience ...he believed in that till the last day .(which is true in a way , his conclusion of the diagonsis was what most professional doctors will arrive at .but as a human being , he shouldnt have covered up the mistakes later as they had done , it wasnt an act that can be forgiven and hence i guess why he was "punished"in that way ... )

hey guys...i recemtly started watching this drama and it is wicked! however i didn't know how to write on the actual forum as i am new..if anyone can help me thanks in the meantime..

-jahyeMar 22 2007, 11:07 AM

Kim Myeong Min interview on SBS �생방송 TV연예�

Download from megaupload or gigeshare (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TJX86N5S) if anyone can reactivate this site

-dramaok Mar 17 2007, 07:18 PM

KMM as Choi Do Young?? After seeing him be Jang Joon Hyeok, the image of KMM as Dr. Choi doesn't feel right.

It's a radio show where they record on tape as well! I was able to get the video from dcinside.

Download from megaupload or gigeshare (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RJRD63XL) and this as well

i will see if i have the clips in my HD and upload it for you .

Guest xsimplicity

Hey guys, I can't seem to find the english sub'ed version online... anyone know where I can watch it with english subs? thx.

• 2 weeks later...

i dun think there is no eng sub for this drama online

the clip of the radio show . i think this is what you might be looking for

i can only upload to sendspace not sure if it works for you

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xwb91q

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting to watch ep 4 now, but have to write few words about my impression this drama. I LOVE this drama, really really love this one, so intense and so damn good. I honestly like Dr. Choi character a lot much more Dr Jang. Dr. Choi is what I think a doc should be, he always think the best for patients . And Dr. Jang, an arrogant type, but he is a GENIUS, he is brilliant in his field and he is indeed an outstanding actor.

I really enjoy this drama, might happen to be 1 of my fav :D

Guest piano_lady

Oh wow! Where did you get that? Is it subbed?

I'm starting to watch ep 4 now, but have to write few words about my impression this drama. I LOVE this drama, really really love this one, so intense and so damn good. I honestly like Dr. Choi character a lot much more Dr Jang. Dr. Choi is what I think a doc should be, he always think the best for patients . And Dr. Jang, an arrogant type, but he is a GENIUS, he is brilliant in his field and he is indeed an outstanding actor.

I really enjoy this drama, might happen to be 1 of my fav :D

Yeah, WT is a masterpiece. It's so intense that I can't watch more than 2 episodes at a time :lol:

I also like Dr. CHoi's character but it's KMM's portrayal of Dr Jang that really got me! I can NOT just hate that guy!

^ piano lady, i'm still at ep 4 :( , was so busy lately , but will continue watching tonight. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Dr Jang, I think he came from a poor family and i thought he might have to go through a lot of hardships to get to where he is now. He is a power hunger doc which is not ideal for being a good doc, just imo. But He is a talent, smart doc. Feel a bit pity for him though.

Btw, I like his lover than his wife. Did he get marry coz of money? i guess it wasn't love.

Will write more later on :D

Guest piano_lady

^ piano lady, i'm still at ep 4 :( , was so busy lately , but will continue watching tonight. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate Dr Jang, I think he came from a poor family and i thought he might have to go through a lot of hardships to get to where he is now. He is a power hunger doc which is not ideal for being a good doc, just imo. But He is a talent, smart doc. Feel a bit pity for him though.

Btw, I like his lover than his wife. Did he get marry coz of money? i guess it wasn't love.

Will write more later on :D

Yeah, Dr Jang went through a lot to get to the top...

Mee too. I like his lover more than his wife...and yes, he married that young girl because of money, power and connections...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

It's reported that Japanese movie 'Tokyo Tower' will be remade into a Korean drama.

Director Ahn Pan-Seok of MBC drama 'White Tower' is likely to direct it.

Based on the novel by Kaori Ekuni, Japanese movie Tokyo Tower featured Junichi Okada, Hitomi Kuroki, Jun Matsumoto.

20090313104002.820.0.jpg

http://media.daum.net/entertain/topic/view...amp;p=joynews24

Information on J-movie 'Tokyo Tower'

http://www.dvdasian.com/_e/Japan/product/2...title_Only_.htm

~~~~~

some pictures of PD Ahn Pan-Seok on the set of White Tower

m0040050spe59435w636.jpg

k0000020il4t8250w636.jpg

m0020024focus58809w636.jpg

m0040035spe59419w636.jpg

Source: Cine21

Guest piano_lady

Book releases for Tango and Goodbye, Hill

March 17th, 2009 // by javabeans

ghs_tango_1.jpgcip_6.jpg

Gu Hye-sun’s “Tango”; Cha In-pyo

More book news.

....sorry...had to remove this part....it's not relevant :D

But the more interesting book news, in my opinion, is that of veteran Hallyu actor Cha In-pyo (Crossing, Hanbando, Star In My Heart). Because while this is his debut novel, don’t write this off as a vanity project or mere ego-fluffery — his book deals with the issue of comfort women, which is a topic I find deeply compelling (the sexual slavery of hundreds of thousands of women, mostly Korean but also including Chinese, Filipina, Vietnamese, and those of other Southeast Asian nationalities, by the Japanese military in its imperial expansion years leading up to and during WWII).

SONG OF THE DAY

Ryuichi Sakamoto - “Tango.” I mentioned there was another version of this song in the last post and someone asked for it. This is the Japanese-language version of the same song. [ Download ] Incidentally, there’s also a slower Portuguese version: [ Download ] (Personally I like the Spanish one best.)

cip8.jpg

Cha In-pyo’s book is titled Goodbye, Hill [잘가요, 언덕], and takes place in the 1930s.

Cha’s involvement in the project started in 1997, when he heard the story of “Grandmother Hoon,” who had been dragged off to be a comfort woman in Cambodia during the war. She continued living in that country until she visited her native Korea in 1997, and Cha’s interest was piqued upon hearing the news reports. For the past decade, he has been working on the idea, researching, writing, and editing his manuscript.

The description for Cha’s Goodbye, Hill:

“This book is set in the 1930s, in a Tiger Village at the foot of Baekdusan [Mount Baekdu]. One youthful hunter, Yong-yi, comes to the village to capture a tiger to exact revenge for injuring his mother, and encounters Soon-yi, the daughter of the village chief. Along with Japanese officer Kazuo, these three draw a story of forgiveness and reconciliation.”

Cha explains, “I wrote this book because I wanted to tell the story of our grandmothers and grandfathers who endured hardship in the time when our country was at its weakest.”

The issue of comfort women is something I have a strong academic interest in. The historic bad blood between the Koreans and Japanese is famous, but the matter isn’t a nationalistic one so much as it is a travesty of basic human rights, that these women’s sufferings have been swept under the table for more than a half-century without reparation or public apology. It’s also a hotbed for controversy (there are those who deny it happened, which is seen by others as akin to Holocaust denials).

It’s a hard topic to write about, and I hope Cha In-pyo does it justice, but in any case it’s clear he’s put a lot of care into it. You’ve also got to respect the man for taking it on with the stated themes of “forgiveness and peace.”

Cha In-pyo’s Goodbye, Hill will be published on March 25. Gu Hye-sun’s Tango releases April 1.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2009/03/book-rel...hill/#more-5639

Guest piano_lady

March 18, 2009

Actor Cha In-pyo publishes novel

cocochoi200903172304400.jpg

Actor Cha In-pyo, 41, has become a novelist. Cha next Wednesday will be releasing his first novel titled "Goodbye, Hill," about a village on the edge of Mount Baekdu in the 1930s, internet bookshop Yes24 said yesterday.

The novel highlights the importance of peace and forgiveness through the main characters, including a boy who comes to a village to pay revenge to a tiger that hurt his mother, a local girl and a Japanese military officer.

Cha, who reportedly worked on the novel for the past 10 years, said he hoped to tell a story of "our grandfathers and grandmothers who survived through the era when Korea was the weakest and the poorest." Cha will be holding a meeting with readers to mark his first publication on April 6.

Credits: angiely@heraldm.com via koreaherald.co.kr, image from daum.net

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

It's reported that Japanese movie 'Tokyo Tower' will be remade into a Korean drama.

Director Ahn Pan-Seok of MBC drama 'White Tower' is likely to direct it.

Based on the novel by Kaori Ekuni, Japanese movie Tokyo Tower featured Junichi Okada, Hitomi Kuroki, Jun Matsumoto.

http://media.daum.net/entertain/topic/view...amp;p=joynews24

PD Ahn Pan-Seok + Kim Ji-Soo + film-before-airing => AWESOME! :wub:

Source: Javabeans

Tokyo Tower bought for Korean remake

April 11th, 2009 // by javabeans

jjhkjs1.jpg

Kim Ji-soo (Women in the Sun) is pairing up with Antique Bakery and The Naked Kitchen star Joo Ji-hoon for the Korean remake of the Japanese film Tokyo Tower [도쿄 타워].

Tokyo Tower was originally a novel written by popular Japanese novelist Ekuni Kaori and depicts the love story of a 20-something young man with a 40-something married woman (Ji Joo-hoon’s real age is 26 — he turns 27 next month — while Kim Ji-soo is 36). It was produced as a 2005 movie starring Okada Junichi, Kuroki Hitomi, and Matsumoto Jun.

According to production company Future One, the remake rights were recently bought and a director has been attached: PD Ahn Pan-seok, who successfully helmed the MBC drama remake series White Tower. The drama will be filmed in advance of airing, although it hasn’t yet decided which broadcast station to air on.

Via DongA

Archived